An Omniscient God Negates Free Will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
hmm
you think that works in spirit, too?
got any proof?
What do you think spirit is?

Do you think there is anything in this entire universe that is not made of energy?

Colossians 1 :29
"For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me."

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What do you think spirit is?
walk into a room full of kids, and tell them theyre all going to Disneyland, and imo you will see "spirit" in action
Do you think there is anything in this entire universe that is not made of energy?
Spirit? at least in a sense, i mean spirit energy is not measurable by instruments; intangible
etc, i think
Colossians 1 :29
"For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me."
although idk of course, i suggest that dunamis is a diff kind of "energy," that cant and most likely will never be measurable by a scientific instrument

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he forced Adam and Eve to sin then yes. However he did not, though he created two trees, and gave command not to eat from the tree which was not for them to partake, leaving freedom of Choice; regardless of Satan making a choice to go and deceive Eve but, eve saw the fruit as it would make one wise and thought it would be a good idea to eat of it without consulting God himself.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
If he forced Adam and Eve to sin then yes. However he did not, though he created two trees, and gave command not to eat from the tree which was not for them to partake, leaving freedom of Choice; regardless of Satan making a choice to go and deceive Eve but, eve saw the fruit as it would make one wise and thought it would be a good idea to eat of it without consulting God himself.

You have the story twisted, as the Church intends. God set the entire situation up. He wanted Adam and Eve to eat of the tree.

He could have placed the tree outside the Garden of Eden where it could not be touched. He didn't. One can conclude therefore that god wasn't remotely worried about humans eating from the tree.

He forbade them to eat of it, which is a classic psychological trick to draw attention to something and about the best way to ensure they ate from the tree.

The serpent was the one in the story telling the truth

God was the one in the story telling lies

The serpent truthfully told Adam and Eve that they would gain knowledge and insight if they ate from the tree.
They DID eat from the tree, they DID get that knowledge. TRUTH

God told them they would die if they ate from it.
They DID eat from it, they DID NOT die. LIE

Adam simply wanted more knowledge. Most humans want more knowledge. To further themselves, to make a better life. Knowledgee is power.

God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge. He wanted to keep them ignorant, naïve, in the dark. These are not the traits of a loving entity. They are the traits of a tyrant who wants to rule by keeping knowledge for himself and keeping his subjects clueless.

All in all this story makes no sense whatsoever when you properly analyse it instead of accepting the spoonfed nonsense from the church.

The reason it makes no sense is because:

1. The church is deliberately misrepresenting it
2. The story is entirely allegorical not literal.

To understand the story therefore one must understand what that allegory is.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have the story twisted, as the Church intends. God set the entire situation up. He wanted Adam and Eve to eat of the tree.

He could have placed the tree outside the Garden of Eden where it could not be touched. He didn't. One can conclude therefore that god wasn't remotely worried about humans eating from the tree.

He forbade them to eat of it, which is a classic psychological trick to draw attention to something and about the best way to ensure they ate from the tree.

The serpent truthfully told Adam and Eve that they would gain knowledge and insight if they ate from the tree.

Adam simply wanted more knowledge. Most humans want more knowledge. To further themselves, to make a better life. Knowledgee is power.

God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge. He wanted to keep them ignorant, naïve, in the dark. These are not the traits of a loving entity. They are the traits of a tyrant who wants to rule by keeping knowledge for himself and keeping his subjects clueless.

All in all this story makes no sense whatsoever when you properly analyse it instead of accepting the spoonfed nonsense from the church.

Interpretation. Cool.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Interpretation. Cool.
Easy to get there once you understand the Alchemical messages in the Bible many of which are in Genesis.

Adam & Eve represent the male and female principles described in alchemy, but hey, that won't make any sense to you until you learn the allegorical terminology of alchemy.

StephenBravo

Mar 25, 2023
Thessaloniki
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

To understand the story therefore one must understand what that allegory is. It's great that stdenites have the opportunity to express their opinion. This is very important and I would not like to have any restrictions associated with it either. I'm also a student and I also like this position. Moreover, the learning process itself can sometimes be difficult. Especially performing nursing tasks. And I found nursing essay writing service. Thanks to this, I had a chance to finish everything on time.
Very nice to read, thanks for reminding me of this story.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You contradicted yourself. You said God placed the tree in the garden because he wanted Adam and Eve to eat of it then you turned around and said he wanted them to remain ignorant.