Another Brick in the Wall

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All three are one, but that doesn't mean
they are the same interchangeably.

This phenomena of Oneness is not limited to 3. The lack of interchangeably proves the idea of >1 being being ‘AT ONE’ is not what trinitarians want it to mean.

It only means, in modern lingo, that we are ‘on the same page’ or ‘of the same mind.’ interchangeably. hierarchy. Not equal. Not the same.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Jesus is easy to download. He lives in our hearts by faith. Eph 3:17

He’s standing at the door of your heart knocking, waiting for you to open the door and ask Him in.
Revelation 3:20.

The prayer I downloaded Him in to my heart was: Lord Jesus, I believe you died for our sins and rose from the dead - please come into my heart, forgive my sins, save my soul, and make me a new creation. Amen.
Trust me, Jesus is not easy to download. Ask anyone who's been to piratebay.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is like showing numbers in
Red and Green to a color blind person

it is not flesh and blood, but the Spirit of God which reveals these things; may the blind receive sight:

I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them
(Exodus 20:12)

may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1 Thessalonians 5:23)

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.
(Ephesians 5:25-27)

Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
(Acts 20:28)

knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.
(2 Corinthians 4:14)

in three days I will raise it up
(John 2:19)

No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself.
I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

(John 10:18)​

• it is the LORD who sanctifies us
  • it is the God of peace Himself who sanctifies us
  • it is Christ who sanctifies us
  • the church is purchased by God
  • the church is purchased by Christ
  • we are bought by the blood of God
  • we are bought by the blood of Christ
  • God gave Himself for us
  • Christ gave Himself for us
  • God presents us to Himself
  • Christ presents us to Himself
  • God raises the Lord up
  • Christ raises Himself up

to be sure the hypostatic union is a great mystery - but it is the truth, and denying it is rejecting clear scripture.
the perfect humanity and perfect deity of Christ is not a disputable part of Christianity; it is the very core of Christianity

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is a man

Jesus, speaking to men:

He said to them,
You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.
Then they said to Him, “Who are You?”
And Jesus said to them,
Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning."
(John 8:23-25)​

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And every sandwich is good.

if one sandwich says no other sandwich is good, then it is either true, and not every sandwich is good -- or it is a liar, therefore it is not good, and not every sandwich is good.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if one sandwich says no other sandwich is good, then it is either true, and not every sandwich is good -- or it is a liar, therefore it is not good, and not every sandwich is good.
HA.... love this analogy.... I just ate a fresh salmon sandwich... .IT WAS GOOD... LOL

Reactions: post

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
HA.... love this analogy.... I just ate a fresh salmon sandwich... .IT WAS GOOD... LOL
Is something good on the basis that a chemical reaction occurs in the brain that releases a euphoric sensation when we eat something.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Sorry I don't eat sandwiches, because I am a man. I only eat meat pies.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is something good on the basis that a chemical reaction occurs in the brain that releases a euphoric sensation when we eat something.
I was making a funny.... @post is the one who made the sandwich analogy... the next time I hear of someone trying to tell me how good a peanut butter and ONION sandwich is... I am simply going to declare.... YOUR sandwich is a LIAR.... lol

Reactions: post

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I was wrong in a way.

How are they all the same principles? Like the law of attraction and poetic justice.
Law of attraction
If you do and think/say negative things you attract more negative energy and people into your life and more negative stuff keeps escalating.
If you focus on positive thoughts and solutions and relate to others more positively, then you attract more positive energy, people and outcomes.
The positive or negative energy and thoughts attract more of the same.
That is why forgiveness is key to break out of negative tailspins and patterns, and work to build a positive spiral instead.

Poetic justice is life/the universe giving just desserts back to someone for what they did
Example: a very gracious lady I know, very wise ethical business woman who cares for people's souls, had a staff member she had trusted and trained to be very successful, turn on her, steal her clients and start their own competing business behind her back. She did not get ugly, angry or take revenge or even sue when she could have. She told this person what they had done wrong, and let them go on because "revenge is the Lord's". She just left it to God, and wasn't going to dwell over it. Then it turned out a very freak accident happened. This person was driving and struck a deer that was so big it crashed through the windshield and killed the driver instantly. My friend was dismayed and shocked but figured it was God's "poetic justice."
=========
Another way of teaching that you stay in the same mentality that keeps attracting more of the same:
Scarcity mentality vs Abundance mentality
Also
Victim mentality vs Victor mentality
Victimhood vs empowerment

Instead of getting stuck in blaming others, yourself, etc the key is forgiving and letting go, to focus on steps you take as positive for the future not negatives you remember from the past that keep you stuck there.

Can you think of some more?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry I don't eat sandwiches, because I am a man. I only eat meat pies.
Meat pies are good.... very good... with potatoes and gravy. You should let loose someday...let the feminine side come out... and EAT a sandwich.... You will be glad you did.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Look out! The sandwiches have mutated, and have become Artificially Intelligent (A.I.S)

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is One alone and there is no other

we Christians do not disagree with that.
pagans accuse us of polytheism because they cannot understand the Word, having not the Spirit.
pharisees ignorantly accuse Christ of blasphemy, because He Himself presents Himself as God:

the LORD is my Shepherd
(Psalm 23:1)

No one is good but One, that is, God
(Mark 10:18)

I AM the Good Shepherd
(John 10:11)​

He is either a liar, or He is God.
He openly declares that He is the only Good Sandwich

choose what you will have for lunch, this day