Another Gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote to the Galatians, I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another Gospel, which is not another; but there be some that trouble, you, and would pervert the Gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than what we have preached unto you let him be accursed. As we have said before, so say I now again, if any man preaches any other Gospel unto you than that we have received, let him be accursed" Galatians 1:6-9.

Calvinism is another Gospel. Most organized religions don't know what the Gospel is. The Catholic church thinks that the Gospel is Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. They do not believe Paul's Gospel of justification by faith alone. Their Gospel is join the Catholic church and you will be saved, which is a false Gospel. Holiness religions like Pentecostalism believe that if you receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues you will be saved, which is a false Gospel. There are some cults that speak in tongues.

There is only one Gospel, it is the Gospel that justifies lost sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. In the Gospel all that Jesus is and all that Jesus does is for our justification and our salvation. Jesus was acting in our name and on our behalf, The law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15. All sin has been atoned for. We are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. To reject the Gospel is to reject Jesus Christ.

Paul received his Gospel directly from Jesus Christ "But I certify you brethren, that the Gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by revelation of Jesus Christ, Galatians 1:11-12. Faith in Christ and his Gospel is the entrance into eternal life and few there be that find it, Matthew 7:14.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote to the Galatians, I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another Gospel, which is not another; but there be some that trouble, you, and would pervert the Gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than what we have preached unto you let him be accursed. As we have said before, so say I now again, if any man preaches any other Gospel unto you than that we have received, let him be accursed" Galatians 1:6-9.

Calvinism is another Gospel. Most organized religions don't know what the Gospel is. The Catholic church thinks that the Gospel is Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. They do not believe Paul's Gospel of justification by faith alone. Their Gospel is join the Catholic church and you will be saved, which is a false Gospel. Holiness religions like Pentecostalism believe that if you receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues you will be saved, which is a false Gospel. There are some cults that speak in tongues.

There is only one Gospel, it is the Gospel that justifies lost sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. In the Gospel all that Jesus is and all that Jesus does is for our justification and our salvation. Jesus was acting in our name and on our behalf, The law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15. All sin has been atoned for. We are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. To reject the Gospel is to reject Jesus Christ.

Paul received his Gospel directly from Jesus Christ "But I certify you brethren, that the Gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by revelation of Jesus Christ, Galatians 1:11-12. Faith in Christ and his Gospel is the entrance into eternal life and few there be that find it, Matthew 7:14.
The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16. Not the Catholic church. Not anything that we do or experience. The Gospel is a past historical event never to be repeated in which "God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19. Before Jesus died on the cross, he said, "It is finished" what he meant by that is that he had done all that he could do for the salvation of fallen man. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. Here is a question for you. If you are complete "In Christ" then why do you need a religion? If you are complete "In Christ" why are you striving to make yourself better than what you are? Salvation is a rest. We rest in what Christ has accomplished for us, Hebrews 4:10.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law has been fulfilled and abolished,
When???

Jesus said:
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 16:18:
17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband committeth adultery.

To God Be The Gloory

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When???

Jesus said:
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband committeth adultery.

To God Be The Gloory
When Jesus died on the cross and God tore the veil that covered the holy of holies, Matthew 28:51, that is when the Old Covenant of law, rules and religion was abolished. Under the New Covenant God's people live by faith, Romans 1:17. They live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. To continue to live according to laws, rules and religion is to be under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When???

Jesus said:

To God Be The Gloory
Catholics are taught the laws of Jesus,God,no longer exist so the Catholic Church can create its own laws and rule its faithful through the office of their infallible vicar of Christ,the Pope.

This is why they deny the actual teachings of Christ in the matter.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics are taught the laws of Jesus,God,no longer exist so the Catholic Church can create its own laws and rule its faithful through the office of their infallible vicar of Christ,the Pope.

This is why they deny the actual teachings of Christ in the matter.
That is not true. Canon #18 Council of Trent. "If anyone says that the commandments of God are, even for one that is justified and constituted in grace, impossible to observe, let him be anathema".

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not true. Canon #18 Council of Trent. "If anyone says that the commandments of God are, even for one that is justified and constituted in grace, impossible to observe, let him be anathema".
Bless you for proving my point

The Council of Trent also decreed anathema,cursed, the 5 Solas,as they termed them.

For those who don't know one of those Solas is belief in Christ one.
Translation,belief in Christ alone curses the believer.

Catholics believe the church saves.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Council of Trent also decreed anathema,cursed, the 5 Solas,as they termed them.

Anathema. The church council of Trent elected to curse Protestants.

DEFINITION
The five solas of the Reformation, which distinguished the Reformers from the teachings of Rome, include sola scriptura (Scripture alone), solus Christus (Christ alone), sola fide (faith alone), sola gratia (grace alone), and soli Deo gloria (glory to God alone).

SUMMARY
These five statements of the evangelical faith lay at the center of what distinguished the theology of the Reformation from the theology of the Roman Catholic church in the 16th century. Sola scriptura is the belief that because Scripture is God’s inspired Word, it is the only inerrant, sufficient, and final authority for the church. Solus Christus is the assertion that Christ alone is the basis on which the ungodly are justified in God’s sight. Sola fide maintains that the believer receives the redemption Christ has accomplished only through faith. Sola gratia proclaims that all of our salvation, from beginning to end, is by grace and grace alone. Because of these things, the Reformers held fast to the phrase soli Deo gloria, that only God receives glory for our salvation.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is why they are anti-Gospel and anti-Christ.

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

DEFINITION
The five solas of the Reformation, which distinguished the Reformers from the teachings of Rome, include sola scriptura (Scripture alone), solus Christus (Christ alone), sola fide (faith alone), sola gratia (grace alone), and soli Deo gloria (glory to God alone).

SUMMARY
These five statements of the evangelical faith lay at the center of what distinguished the theology of the Reformation from the theology of the Roman Catholic church in the 16th century. Sola scriptura is the belief that because Scripture is God’s inspired Word, it is the only inerrant, sufficient, and final authority for the church. Solus Christus is the assertion that Christ alone is the basis on which the ungodly are justified in God’s sight. Sola fide maintains that the believer receives the redemption Christ has accomplished only through faith. Sola gratia proclaims that all of our salvation, from beginning to end, is by grace and grace alone. Because of these things, the Reformers held fast to the phrase soli Deo gloria, that only God receives glory for our salvation.
We need a new reformation. The Lutheran church is more Catholic than it is Protestant. I went to a Luthran church some time ago because of family. They were baptizing a baby. After sprinkling water on the baby the Lutheran priest said, "This child now has eternal life" I had to bite my tongue to control myself.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholicism is a religion of the flesh. It is the Disney Land of religion. There are so many things to do.
Ya gotta give me a minute. I'm trying to get rid of that mental visual of Micky, Minnie,and Pluto, genuflecting before Cinderella's castle.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya gotta give me a minute. I'm trying to get rid of that mental visual of Micky, Minnie,and Pluto, genuflecting before Cinderella's castle.
There are candles, statues, the rosary, mass, incense, confessions, purple and gold gowns, hail Mary's, crucifixes, holy water, chanting's, cathedrals, priest, popes, nuns, alters, gold goblets, It is the Disney Land of religion.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need a new reformation. The Lutheran church is more Catholic than it is Protestant. I went to a Luthran church some time ago because of family. They were baptizing a baby. After sprinkling water on the baby the Lutheran priest said, "This child now has eternal life" I had to bite my tongue to control myself.
Amazing.

There are a great many denominational churches falling away into Apostate drivel.

•editing. This is what becomes necessary when a smart phone shows your text,then edits or deleted it after you scroll on.
Lesbian..adding)and gay male "priests" in whatever denomination will have them. Not coincidentally,those are the same denom's that sanction,sanctify, gay marriages in their church.
There are candles, statues, the rosary, mass, incense, confessions, purple and gold gowns, hail Mary's, crucifixes, holy water, chanting's, cathedrals, priest, popes, nuns, alters, gold goblets, It is the Disney Land of religion.
Don't forget Idolatry, and Necromancy. Praying the dead saints intercede with God on their behalf.

Jesus taught no such thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

DEFINITION
The problem I see with the above is sola fide (faith alone). Is this the faith of man?

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do the research to find the answer.
I guess you've never heard nor read 1 Peter 3:15:

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

To God Be The Glory

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ITS CAUSE under the HARLOT , the faiths have been duped into this UNITY CRAP . ROMES COMING IN and taking over
ALL DENOMINATIONS , cause christains just want to hug everything and get along and wont correct anything
but rather just chant all day , GOD IS LOVE , LOVE LOVE , LOVE And UNITY , LETS Overlook differences
find common ground CRAP . Lets build us some bridges , lets break us down some walls .
THE CHURCHES BEEN DUPED robert . SEEKER FRIENDLY was a pawn from satan as is this seven moutains crap
as well as the purpose driven life , as well as this all inclusive fake love junk . ITS TIME WE BIBLED UP and fast is all i can say .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing.

There are a great many denominational churches falling away into Apostate drivel.

Lesbian

Don't forget Idolatry, and Necromancy. Praying the dead saints intercede with God on their behalf.

Jesus taught no such thing.
If people just keep sitting in these judge not common ground bridge builders all inclusive churches
who chant about ten trillion times a day love love love unity unity ,judge not , GUESS what , THEY AINT GONNA MAKE it .
Now allow me some parting words. TIME WE GOT US DUG AGAIN in them bibles and i mean VERY FAST TOO .

Reactions: Marvelloustime