Another Look at "The Origins of Giants After the flood"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Dave no man or angel was made before the creation of the heaven and the earth. now what exact "Day" the angels was made on I don't know, but I do know what what "Day" man was made on... DAY 3.
Not according to Job.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's how God uses it in Job.
dave, dave, dave, I showed you how God used it in Job. read my post in the
Christian Spirituality Forum

Do you believe in aliens?

Page #4, Post #71

D

Dave L

dave, dave, dave, I showed you how God used it in Job. read my post in the
Christian Spirituality Forum

Do you believe in aliens?

Page #4, Post #71
I don't see them mentioned in scripture, so, no.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No what it simply means is that angels were never intended to marry, and there are no female angels. All angels are MALE and have supernatural powers. As as example study the destruction of the army of Sennacherib.

It means exactly what the bible says. That angels are neither male or female.

They can look like anything they want.

In the OT, *sons of God* is a very specific technical term for angels, since they are direct creations of God (no fathers and mothers).

Sons of God mean anyone, angels or human, who are in a relationship with God.

Tools
Verse page
" data-hasqtip="0">Romans 8:16
Verse Concepts
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

Tools
Verse page
" data-hasqtip="1">Galatians 4:6
Verse Concepts
Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Tools
Verse page
" data-hasqtip="2">Romans 8:14
Verse Concepts
For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Tools
Verse page
" data-hasqtip="3">Galatians 3:26
Verse Concepts
For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

And they are contrasted with *daughters of men* or human women. Genesis 6 clearly reveals unlawful sexual relations between angels (presumably having taken human form) and women. Thus their offspring were very remarkable -- giants and men of renown. These angels are identified as *the angels which sinned* (Peter) or *the angels which kept not their first estate* (Jude).

Impossible, fallen angels are already chained the pit.

In contrast, in the OT, the righteous are never called *sons of God* but *the righteous* or *the just* or *the saints*, or *the saints of the Most High*. It is only in the NT that those who have been born again by the power of the Holy Spirit are called *sons of God*. There was no New Birth in the Old Covenant, and it is a part of the New Covenant, which included the promised gift of the Holy Spirit.

The new covenant is to the house and Judah and house of Israel. It is not in force yet.

We do not operate under contract, which is what covenant means. We operate under grace and promise.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dave no man or angel was made before the creation of the heaven and the earth. now what exact "Day" the angels was made on I don't know, but I do know what what "Day" man was made on... DAY 3.

Readly, Day 3?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The new covenant is to the house and Judah and house of Israel. It is not in force yet.
This is patently FALSE. Read and study the epistle to the Hebrews.
We do not operate under contract, which is what covenant means. We operate under grace and promise.
No. the New Covenant is NOT a contract. It is all about the grace of God and the blood of Christ. Read and study the epistle to the Hebrews.

And stop pushing your false doctrines, and your false idea that the King James Bible is deficient in any way. You have a lot to learn, my friend.

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is patently FALSE. Read and study the epistle to the Hebrews.

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand

No. the New Covenant is NOT a contract. It is all about the grace of God and the blood of Christ. Read and study the epistle to the Hebrews.

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
1242 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
diaqhvkh from (1303)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Diatheke 2:106,157
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
dee-ath-ay'-kay Noun Feminine
Definition
  1. a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly possessions after his death, a testament or will
  2. a compact, a covenant, a testament
    1. God's covenant with Noah, etc.
contract (kŏnˈtrăktˌ)

• n.
    An agreement between two or more parties, especially one that is written and enforceable by law. See Synonyms at bargain.
  • n.
    The writing or document containing such an agreement.
  • n.
    The branch of law dealing with formal agreements between parties.
covenant (kŭvˈə-nənt)

• n.
    A binding agreement; a compact. See Synonyms at bargain.
  • n.
    Law A formal sealed agreement or contract.
  • n.
    Law A suit to recover damages for violation of such a contract.
An HOA has a decoration of covenants. A binding contract between each owner and the association

And stop pushing your false doctrines, and your false idea that the King James Bible is deficient in any way. You have a lot to learn, my friend.

I have already demonstrated its problems.

Say catholic manuscripts from the 1500s or superior to those millennia older.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Readly, Day 3?
yes, man was formed on day three.

the key to understanding the creation account is knowing that chapter 2 is a detail account of what was not given in chapter 1.

again I say man was formed on day 3 and the sexes "male" and "Female" was created on day 6.... :cool:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sons of God existed before creation of the universe.
“Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? Or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? Or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?” (Job 38:4–7) (KJV 1900)

“Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.” (Job 2:1) (KJV 1900)

“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.” (Genesis 6:4) (NASB95)
I can see your'e off on your own trip Dave...Your reply is not relevant to my post.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. I will give my answer in two parts or two posts.

let’s get to the children of Adam and Eve that was born in the Garden of Eden, before they sinned aganist God, and who children are called the sons of God.
My line of belief is this. Adam had two lines of descent. An none fallen line, (sons of God), and a fallen line, that we’re in, (daughter of Men). with that said lets examine the scriptures.

CHAPTER 1,

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth".

"Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth", they did, then they sinned. now, how long was they in the garden before they sinned?, the bible don't say. but here, IN the punishment, for the sin they committed. this verse tells us that they had children in the garden, LISTEN, and UNDERSTAND.

Point #1. Physical Evidence, the Account,
Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee".

examine this scriptures closely. it reveals the children they had in the Garden, before they sin aganist God.

"I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception".
will is a future tense designation indicative of the time it is spoken. Meaning, what has happen already, it will, or (shall be) increased, or multiplied

Exhibit A. "greatly multiply". multiply what? sorrow and conception.
What is “sorrow” here? According to Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments, it is the Hebrew word, H6093 עִצָּבוֹן `itstsabown (its-tsaw-ɓone') n-m.
worrisomeness, i.e. labor or pain.
[from H6087]
KJV: sorrow, toil.

What God is going to do is increase, or multiply the woman “labor or pains“ in child bearing.

and conception here is the Hebrew word, H2032 הֵרוֹן herown (hay-rone') n-m.
הֵרָיוֹן herayown (hay-raw-yone') which means,
pregnancy.
[from H2029]
KJV: conception.

Yes, pregnancy. The woman had already experienced pregnancy before. Meaning she already had children with out great Labor Pain at all, (hence the reason for the increase). knowing this, God said he "WILL greatly multiply" this pain in pregnancy, because of sin. but here’s the Revelation. you cannot multiply or INCREASE something unless it has already happen.

let me give an example: if I was setting still, at zero mph, in a vehicle, and wanted to "INCREASE" or multiply my speed, I first must be in motion or moving before I can INCREASE my speed. that's a scientific fact. Now, to "INCREASE" or multiply Eve Sorrow/Pain and pregnancy, she first must have had a pregnancy before it can be increased or multiplied, That’s scientific fact.

so Genesis 3:16 is the first verse to tell us that Eve was pregnant before she had Cain and Abel, and she was pregnant by her OWN husband, Adam. The big question, how many children they had in the garden before getting kicked out? the bible says not, but from judging from Genesis 4:14, they had many.

The repopulating of the earth error, "replenish"

Exhibit B. the KJ version of the bible was written in old English. so we need an old English dictionary to use when we look up words, because words change meaning over time. scripture, Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth”. here, the misunderstood word is “replenish”. let's get the correct definition. the word “replenish” means, 1. To fill; (STOP), we don’t have to go any further. this is where the error lay. most people think, or assume replenish in their thinking, "today", mean to do it again, or do it over. no, it mean to fill. to stock with numbers or abundance. how plain can one get.
Conclusion: Adam and Eve had Children in the Garden befor they had Cain and Abel outside the garden in sin. which bring us to the Spirituallity implications of why humans are called "sons of God", and "Daughters of men"

post #2 next.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post #2.

Point #2. Spiritual Evidence, the Account,

Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living". (KJV).

This one verse hold a ton of information just by itself, let's break it down and understand.

Adam called his wife name "EVE" why? Two points. 1. because she "WAS" the mother,
2. of all "Living". why is this so important? because names carry meaning. this name EVE have a direct effect on Genesis chapter 6 and the sons of God there. As well as to us.

Exhibit C. "the MOTHER of all LIVING". notice, Adam didn't name his wife until after they sinned, why? both of their names was called "ADAM", because that's what they are. scripture,
Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created".

you never call a woman MOTHER unless she have or had children. (remember we're still in the Garden). Eve, she had children, hence the the reason for her name. why? Because she “WAS” the Mother ... of all LIVING. Was is a past tense designation, meaning she was already a Mother.

these Children was "LIVING", not just physically, but Spiritually "ALIVE" unto God, that's why they was called Sons of God, because they was not born in sin as we are and need to be born again of the Spirit. this is the reason why Adam said, "WAS" the mother of all living, (WAS IS "PAST" TENSE) because now that they have sinned all her children from now on will be Spiritually dead, or cut off from God in sin. again, the need to be BORN AGAIN. Supportive scripture, Rom 5:12 “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned”. (kjv)

by these Children being Spiritually alive to God, they have the TITLE "Sons of God". and the term "son" here is not speaking of biology, (as in a son), but of those who manifest a certain "character" or "characteristics". this is in reference to descendants, without reference to sex, or gender. as today we are the sons of God because we're in christ Jesus, where there is neither male nor female. so, we who are dead Spiritually must be as said, "BORN" AGAIN, and only then are we the Sons of God. For a “dead” son/sinner, is not a son son of god, supportive scripture,
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed". question who is that promise seed? christ, scripture,
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. not seed(s) as in many, no, but in ONE, Jesus the Christ. so the children/sons of God are spritual in the way they act.

these Spiritually alive Children are the "Sons" of God in Genesis chapter 6. Just as Adam was a Son of God in the garden.... no sin, (spiritually alive to God), until he disobeyed. theses children, born in the garden, are the people that Cain was afraid of when he killed his brother Able, scripture,
Genesis 4:14 "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. Say what? “every one that findeth him”. according to tradition of men Cain and Abel was the first children on the planet at that time. ERROR, no, Adam and Eve had children in the Garden who grew up and left the Garden and wemt about filling the earth. Supportive scripture, Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Why put this here in chapter 2 when by tradition of men Eve was not formed until day 6….. ? oh well. Just like today children who grow up and leave home.

Understand the bible was written to us, the fallen line from Adam.

Exhibit D. Genesis 4:15 "And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
Whosoever? these same people, his sisters and brother, cousins many generation, are the Sons of God, that's the “whosoever” mention here.
Now, how long Adam and Eve was having Children in the garden, the bible says not. But judging from the conversation here in chapter 4 verse 15, we can say, Adam and Eve had a few … (smile) safe to say.

Conclusion: two lines from Adam. A fallen line, US, who need to be born again. And the righteous Line, not born in sin. And the bible was written about us the fallen line.

By having children in the garden, it answer the age old question where did Cain get his wife from. who was she, now we know. And who are the sons of God in chapter 6, now we know.

The fallen Line was set for redemption. Hence our bible, hence our history.

Hoped this helped clear up some of the Mystery about the sons of God in Genesis.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post #2.

Point #2. Spiritual Evidence, the Account,

Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living". (KJV).

This one verse hold a ton of information just by itself, let's break it down and understand.

Adam called his wife name "EVE" why? Two points. 1. because she "WAS" the mother,
2. of all "Living". why is this so important? because names carry meaning. this name EVE have a direct effect on Genesis chapter 6 and the sons of God there. As well as to us.

Exhibit C. "the MOTHER of all LIVING". notice, Adam didn't name his wife until after they sinned, why? both of their names was called "ADAM", because that's what they are. scripture,
Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created".

you never call a woman MOTHER unless she have or had children. (remember we're still in the Garden). Eve, she had children, hence the the reason for her name. why? Because she “WAS” the Mother ... of all LIVING. Was is a past tense designation, meaning she was already a Mother.

these Children was "LIVING", not just physically, but Spiritually "ALIVE" unto God, that's why they was called Sons of God, because they was not born in sin as we are and need to be born again of the Spirit. this is the reason why Adam said, "WAS" the mother of all living, (WAS IS "PAST" TENSE) because now that they have sinned all her children from now on will be Spiritually dead, or cut off from God in sin. again, the need to be BORN AGAIN. Supportive scripture, Rom 5:12 “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned”. (kjv)

by these Children being Spiritually alive to God, they have the TITLE "Sons of God". and the term "son" here is not speaking of biology, (as in a son), but of those who manifest a certain "character" or "characteristics". this is in reference to descendants, without reference to sex, or gender. as today we are the sons of God because we're in christ Jesus, where there is neither male nor female. so, we who are dead Spiritually must be as said, "BORN" AGAIN, and only then are we the Sons of God. For a “dead” son/sinner, is not a son son of god, supportive scripture,
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed". question who is that promise seed? christ, scripture,
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. not seed(s) as in many, no, but in ONE, Jesus the Christ. so the children/sons of God are spritual in the way they act.

these Spiritually alive Children are the "Sons" of God in Genesis chapter 6. Just as Adam was a Son of God in the garden.... no sin, (spiritually alive to God), until he disobeyed. theses children, born in the garden, are the people that Cain was afraid of when he killed his brother Able, scripture,
Genesis 4:14 "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. Say what? “every one that findeth him”. according to tradition of men Cain and Abel was the first children on the planet at that time. ERROR, no, Adam and Eve had children in the Garden who grew up and left the Garden and wemt about filling the earth. Supportive scripture, Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Why put this here in chapter 2 when by tradition of men Eve was not formed until day 6….. ? oh well. Just like today children who grow up and leave home.

Understand the bible was written to us, the fallen line from Adam.

Exhibit D. Genesis 4:15 "And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
Whosoever? these same people, his sisters and brother, cousins many generation, are the Sons of God, that's the “whosoever” mention here.
Now, how long Adam and Eve was having Children in the garden, the bible says not. But judging from the conversation here in chapter 4 verse 15, we can say, Adam and Eve had a few … (smile) safe to say.

Conclusion: two lines from Adam. A fallen line, US, who need to be born again. And the righteous Line, not born in sin. And the bible was written about us the fallen line.

By having children in the garden, it answer the age old question where did Cain get his wife from. who was she, now we know. And who are the sons of God in chapter 6, now we know.

The fallen Line was set for redemption. Hence our bible, hence our history.

Hoped this helped clear up some of the Mystery about the sons of God in Genesis.
Adam and Eve had no children in the garden of Eden.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve had no children in the garden of Eden.
Based on what evidence?
the scriptures are true,
Matt 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Matt 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Matt 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Matt 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based on what evidence?
the scriptures are true,
Matt 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Matt 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Matt 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Matt 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Your verses are off topic.

4 Adama]">[a] made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain.b]">[b] She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forthc]">[c] a man.”

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is a gun needed for a hijacking on this forum or just a big donger with even bigger attachments.

For our America cousins, "donger" a hard sticky thing that is used to bash other peoples heads in with.