Another Merry god Incarnated Baby Born Celebration?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you are not jumping to a wild conclusion that Jesus is saying he is God in any of this scripture?

Bless you,

APAK
Nope....I am not "jumping to a wild conclusion". What you are falsely preaching is a wild conclusion and is OPPOSITE of what scripture says and OPPOSITE of what has been taught for 2,000 years.

Praying for you....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok the last time for a bit if you are just going to bark with idle chat...I've been completely forward and honest with you.

My source(s) of training came from many varied sources Mary. Many decades of prayer, in the Bible(s), reviewing many sources, reading many many books. This was my training and upbringing in scripture. It all started when one of my primary school teachers, Sister Salene (Convent school), tasked me to stand up and quote scripture in front of the entire class. Yes it was Gene 1:1 although this had a very positive impact on me and my future life.

It was stunning several years ago that the quote I just gave you on John 10:30 came from a stranger that I was stunned to find out he had the same views on scripture. It was stunning. I believe the spirit of God had a lot to do with it, bringing like-minded folks together. The label Catholic, Protestant whatever is not that important to me. it is what/ who that individual person believes in .

Bless you,

APAK
My training came from many varied sources; Protestant and Catholic alike. I have immersed myself in decades of prayer, reading the Bible, reading many, many books reading everything from Clement of Rome to Billy Graham. Why are my conclusions OPPOSITE of yours?

I was going to tell you to terminate from employment and run VERY FAST from your teacher. Since you are teaching yourself all I can do is pray for you.

Have you ever heard of religious relativism?

Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explicitly incorrect!

So you have taken our the worn-out the famous Exodus 3:14 verse, forced to connect to Jesus' words, say in John 8:24 or say John 8:58 card.

You should know Mary that in Hebrew the expression used for God Almighty of 'I will be what I will be' (I am who I am) had NO commonality at all with the very common Greek expression used for any person and translated in to English as 'I am' or 'I am he.' The former is a title for God Almighty. The latter means that th at ANY person speaking or under question is definitely that person, the only person fitting the bill, with extreme prejudice. It is like saying, Mary, I don't believe you are the strongest supporter of Catholicism on this forum. You reply by saying, yes I am the only one that really supports it with vigor and I have many 'likes' to prove it. You have to believe that I am (her). Get the picture?

Is it not odd that some translations of John 8:58 end with capitalized 'I AM.' Even some have "I AM' capitalized in other parts of scripture. This of course is deliberate to clearly convey the well-established and entrenched Trinity bias. If I did not know why it was done, I would say it was developed by a cult.

That should be explicit enough I hope in my response.

I'm think of doing a short expose of just a few verses, say John 1:1-3 for some good scripture study. Like going back into the development of the English translations a bit and revealing why the main-stream translations of today, of these verses, are either incorrect or folks take away the wrong meaning(s)....

Bless you,

APAK
Can you explain why the Jews picked up stones to kill Jesus in verse 59 - if NOT for blasphemy for claiming to be God?
That would have been the ONLY excuse they could have for killing Him under the Law - given the context of their conversation with Him.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain why the Jews picked up stones to kill Jesus in verse 59 - if NOT for blasphemy for claiming to be God?
That would have been the ONLY excuse they could have for killing Him under the Law - given the context of their conversation with Him.
Hello again BOL. Yes, you believe in the Trinity and as a support of it you must believe that in John 8:59 the conversation between Jesus and the Pharisees was all about Jesus claiming to be God. I beg to differ completely.

Unfortunately, it’s a careless assumption you are making and is baseless in scripture. Therefore, I cannot agree with you in all good conscience.

Consider this explanation with scriptural support. They were going to stone Jesus because he was claiming to be the Messiah and the Son of God. In Matthew 26:23 the High Priest accused Jesus of claiming to be the Messiah and the Son of God. There was no one at this trial that accused Jesus of being God himself. I believe they would have asked this question if someone thought this to be true. As we know Jesus responded to their charge and said yes, it as you say he said, and then they accused him of blasphemy and worthy of death (Matt 26:66).

Yes, in John Chapter 8 they picked up stones to kill him because they thought he was worthy of death at that point for saying or they perceived him to say he was the Messiah and Son of God and was more significant than Abraham. Of course, later at his trial they took him to Pilate for execution for the same things.

Here’s some relevant scripture from Chapter 8 supporting that Jesus claimed to be the Christ and the Son of God and NOT God.

(Joh 8:34) Jesus answered them: Truly, truly, I say to you: Everyone who commits sin is the servant of sin.

(Joh 8:35) And the servant does not stay in the house for ever. The son stays forever.

(Joh 8:36) If therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

(Joh 8:37) I know that you are Abraham's seed. Yet you seek to kill me, because my word finds no place in you.

In verse 37, Jesus acknowledges that they are planning to kill him because he is calling him THE SON (of God) and Messiah (set them free) because he says he is the only one that can set them free from sin.

In verse 38 this meaning is re-enforced.

(Joh 8:38) I speak the things which I have seen with my Father, and you also do the things which you heard from your father.

Jesus is saying he is speaking his Father’s words and that they speak those of their father, the evil one. Again, Jesus is saying he is the Son of God and NOT God.

(Joh 8:40) But now you seek to kill me, a man that has told you the truth, which I heard from God. This Abraham did not do.

Again, more re-enforcement in verse 40: Jesus is saying his Father is God and also something that Abraham was not and could not be.

(Joh 8:42) Jesus said to them: If God were your Father, you would love me. For I came forth and am come from God. For neither have I come of myself, but He sent me.

Jesus is again saying he is the Son of God and they should love him. Jesus is born of God and he is doing the work of his Father (as the Messiah), as his son, not God himself.

(Joh 8:49) Jesus answered: I do not have a demon. I honour my Father, and you dishonour me.

Jesus again in verse 49 is claiming to be the Son of God and NOT God.

(Joh 8:51) Truly, truly, I say to you: If a man keeps my word, he shall never see death.

In verse 51, Jesus is saying he is the Messiah and not God.

And in verse 58 Jesus again speaks of his difference and significance between him and Abraham.

(Joh 8:58) Jesus said to them: Truly, truly, I say to you: I am of higher status than Abraham ever was.

The Pharisees had enough, the last straw, as Jesus was claiming to be 3 things: Greater that Abraham, the Son of God his Father, and the Messiah that would set them free.

Even in other parts of scripture the Pharisees knew Jesus claimed to be the Messiah/ the Christ. Now it would be very odd for the 'Jews' to believe he was saying he was God, and also the Son of God and the Messiah!

(Joh 9:22) These things said his parents, because they feared the Jews. For the Jews had agreed already, that if anyone should confess him to be Christ, he should be thrown out of the synagogue.

I did not read any scripture where Jesus claims to be God BOL.

And for your concern that the 'Jews' could only kill Jesus under the Law for claiming to be God is baseless. They accused Jesus of blasphemy (insulting their God as they perceived) and even false witness. The prophets were killed for later and even less.

Bless you,

APAK

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again BOL. Yes, you believe in the Trinity and as a support of it you must believe that in John 8:59 the conversation between Jesus and the Pharisees was all about Jesus claiming to be God. I beg to differ completely.

Unfortunately, it’s a careless assumption you are making and is baseless in scripture. Therefore, I cannot agree with you in all good conscience.

Consider this explanation with scriptural support. They were going to stone Jesus because he was claiming to be the Messiah and the Son of God. In Matthew 26:23 the High Priest accused Jesus of claiming to be the Messiah and the Son of God. There was no one at this trial that accused Jesus of being God himself. I believe they would have asked this question if someone thought this to be true. As we know Jesus responded to their charge and said yes, it as you say he said, and then they accused him of blasphemy and worthy of death (Matt 26:66).

Yes, in John Chapter 8 they picked up stones to kill him because they thought he was worthy of death at that point for saying or they perceived him to say he was the Messiah and Son of God and was more significant than Abraham. Of course, later at his trial they took him to Pilate for execution for the same things.

Here’s some relevant scripture from Chapter 8 supporting that Jesus claimed to be the Christ and the Son of God and NOT God.

(Joh 8:34) Jesus answered them: Truly, truly, I say to you: Everyone who commits sin is the servant of sin.

(Joh 8:35) And the servant does not stay in the house for ever. The son stays forever.

(Joh 8:36) If therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

(Joh 8:37) I know that you are Abraham's seed. Yet you seek to kill me, because my word finds no place in you.

In verse 37, Jesus acknowledges that they are planning to kill him because he is calling him THE SON (of God) and Messiah (set them free) because he says he is the only one that can set them free from sin.

In verse 38 this meaning is re-enforced.

(Joh 8:38) I speak the things which I have seen with my Father, and you also do the things which you heard from your father.

Jesus is saying he is speaking his Father’s words and that they speak those of their father, the evil one. Again, Jesus is saying he is the Son of God and NOT God.

(Joh 8:40) But now you seek to kill me, a man that has told you the truth, which I heard from God. This Abraham did not do.

Again, more re-enforcement in verse 40: Jesus is saying his Father is God and also something that Abraham was not and could not be.

(Joh 8:42) Jesus said to them: If God were your Father, you would love me. For I came forth and am come from God. For neither have I come of myself, but He sent me.
Jesus is again saying he is the Son of God and they should love him. Jesus is born of God and he is doing the work of his Father (as the Messiah), as his son, not God himself.
(Joh 8:49) Jesus answered: I do not have a demon. I honour my Father, and you dishonour me.
Jesus again in verse 49 is claiming to be the Son of God and NOT God.
(Joh 8:51) Truly, truly, I say to you: If a man keeps my word, he shall never see death.
In verse 51, Jesus is saying he is the Messiah and not God.
And in verse 58 Jesus again speaks of his difference and significance between him and Abraham.
(Joh 8:58) Jesus said to them: Truly, truly, I say to you: I am of higher status than Abraham ever was.

The Pharisees had enough, the last straw, as Jesus was claiming to be 3 things: Greater that Abraham, the Son of God his Father, and the Messiah that would set them free.

Even in other parts of scripture the Pharisees knew Jesus claimed to be the Messiah/ the Christ. Now it would be very odd for the 'Jews' to believe he was saying he was God, and also the Son of God and the Messiah!

(Joh 9:22) These things said his parents, because they feared the Jews. For the Jews had agreed already, that if anyone should confess him to be Christ, he should be thrown out of the synagogue.

I did not read any scripture where Jesus claims to be God BOL.

And for your concern that the 'Jews' could only kill Jesus under the Law for claiming to be God is baseless. They accused Jesus of blasphemy (insulting their God as they perceived) and even false witness. The prophets were killed for later and even less.
Bless you,
APAK
Nice try, APAK.
Unfortunately, yours is a very poor understanding of the Jews' take on Scripture, Tradition and The Law. The Scriptural acrobatics you perform to arrive at your perverse conclusions is astounding.

First of all - Jesus wasn't "blaspheming" by saying He was the Messiah/Christ. The Jews accused Him of blasphemy for claiming to be the SON of God - which is tantamount to claiming to be GOD Himself.

Jesus told the Jews that He and the Father were ONE:
John 10:30-34

I and the Father are ONE.”

Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Jesus had just finished explaining to them that he was the SON and that He was doing His FATHER'S works - and they accused Him of claiming to be GOD.

The Son would have the SAME essence as the Father - thereby making HIM God as well.
This is the JEWISH understanding - and the one that YOU fail to grasp.

The Bible is littered with verses about the deity of Jesus:

Isaiah 7:14
All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'GOD is with us').

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty GOD, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was GOD.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.”

"Ego eimi" - which is exactly what God told Moses - and the Jews understood this to be blasphemy.

John 12:45

And whoever sees ME sees the ONE who sent Me.

John 14:9
Whoever has seen ME has seen the Father.

This is PRECISELY the understanding the Jews had when accusing Him of blasphemy.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], “My Lord and my GOD!”
If Jesus was NOT God - He would have rebuked Thomas for BLASPHEMY.

Mark 14:62
And Jesus said, “I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”

The High Priest tore his garments when he heard this because they understood Jesus claiming to be GOD.
The "right hand" is the very POWER of God - that is possessed by GOD Himself.

2 Corinthians 4:4
...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of GOD, should shine unto them.

Philippians 2:6
...Who [Jesus], being in the form of GOD, thought it not robbery to be equal with GOD:

Colossians 2:9
...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Titus 2:13
. . . waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great GOD and Savior Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Where should one start in addressing this very confused and confusing post? Almost every sentence is chock full of error.

Either Jesus is God or He is not the Savior of Mankind. Since you have written God as *god*, it is clear that you are really confused.
[quote]I will be noting that Jesus was born or created for the first time around 4 BC most probably in September and not December...
Let's agree it was September 11. But how can the Creator be created? That is totally absurd.

This is pure nonsense, since the divine power of the Holy Spirit had nothing to do with sperm.

Well if you really believed that you would have written *Son of God*, not *son of God*. Jesus can only be the express image of God if He Himself is God, therefore the Father addresses the Son as *God*. Kindly read and study Hebrews 1, and get your understanding aligned with Scripture.

Only the cults believe that Jesus is also Michael the archangel. But the archangel is a creature, while Jesus is his Creator. The rest of that sentence makes absolutely no sense.

This is the baloney known as Gnosticism.

Because of your confusion you have totally misinterpreted the meaning of Emmanuel. It means that God -- Jesus -- is with us. No man hath seen God [the Father] at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. (John 1:18)

You can't have it both ways. God the Son was with men in human form. And when He appeared to men in the OT, it was still the pre-incarnate Christ, either the Angel of the LORD or as the Word.

Why do you have such a problem with acknowledging that Jesus is God, when the Bible makes it crystal clear? This whole post is a DENIAL that Jesus is God, and except one believes that He is *I AM* that person will die in their sins.

This is a blatant and outright denial of Bible truth and Gospel truth. God the Father did NOT *incarnate Himself*. It is God the Word, who was with the Father, and who is God, who took human form (incarnation) and became Jesus of Nazareth.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.(John 1:1)

Neither is your false doctrine that Jesus is NOT God. And two wrongs do not make a right.

Looks like you've been feasting with the Gnostics, and drinking their Kool-Aid.

The rest of your post is merely a feeble attempt to justify your false beliefs. But no matter how frequently you repeat yourself, the truth will remain the truth, and the lies will be exposed.[/QUOTE]
thLJZQ2NCK.jpg

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"APAK,

[God is with us in the person of Jesus; not God as Jesus. God the Father was actively working in His Son by empowering him to reconcile us to Himself.

God did not become the human Jesus or incarnated himself as a human. Or for that matter as some also believe that an archangel or a pre-existed god (‘lowered’ himself) Jesus incarnated himself into a new baby boy. This is not scriptural. God made the human and stayed resident within him. Just as with a new believer, God presence lives with that person from that point forth from rebirth.

Today, Jesus is still the same sinless being and son of God and never God, or a previous archangel or his pre-existent god-self. He now has a heavenly body that is immortal. All true believers with have the same type of body. Jesus is the same perfect image of his Father.]

if God saves a person they know Jesus is God.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try, APAK.
Unfortunately, yours is a very poor understanding of the Jews' take on Scripture, Tradition and The Law. The Scriptural acrobatics you perform to arrive at your perverse conclusions is astounding.

First of all - Jesus wasn't "blaspheming" by saying He was the Messiah/Christ. The Jews accused Him of blasphemy for claiming to be the SON of God - which is tantamount to claiming to be GOD Himself.

Jesus told the Jews that He and the Father were ONE:
John 10:30-34

I and the Father are ONE.”

Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Jesus had just finished explaining to them that he was the SON and that He was doing His FATHER'S works - and they accused Him of claiming to be GOD.

The Son would have the SAME essence as the Father - thereby making HIM God as well.
This is the JEWISH understanding - and the one that YOU fail to grasp.

The Bible is littered with verses about the deity of Jesus:
Isaiah 7:14
All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'GOD is with us').

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty GOD, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was GOD.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.”

"Ego eimi" - which is exactly what God told Moses - and the Jews understood this to be blasphemy.

John 14:9
Whoever has seen ME has seen the Father.

This is PRECISELY the understanding the Jews had when accusing Him of blasphemy.

2 Corinthians 4:4
...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of GOD, should shine unto them.

Philippians 2:6
...Who [Jesus], being in the form of GOD, thought it not robbery to be equal with GOD:

Colossians 2:9
...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

. . . waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great GOD and Savior Jesus Christ.
Confident as ever I see, although still confused and wrapped in the traditions of men.

First off I did say that the Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy of being the Son God at least. That was MY key point. Read back. Although you adding to it and saying, "which is tantamount to claiming to be GOD Himself" I believe is a big stretch and big fib don't you think. You have to know there is a distinction between the Son of God and God himself.

And then you said as I have seen these/similar words before from you, "The Son would have the SAME essence as the Father - thereby making HIM God as well. I disagree with extreme prejudice as usual. You are again uing an empty form of reasonong; an imaginative form of reasoning that has no substance and is definitely not scriptural.

Then you said, "This is the JEWISH understanding - and the one that YOU fail to grasp." And again I disagree with extreme prejudice once more. You yourself fail to grasp that the Jews NEVER though he was God Almighty even once. Of course you would be celebrating if they really did. Wishful thinking. Read the context and verses in my post. There is no God Almighty realization in any of the Jews' speech, explicitly or implicitly said.

And of course you must to prove the Trinity and force scripture to fit this worn-out and divisive theory ever devised.

I see your usual ending with a trail of scripture of verses to somehow show your knowledge of scripture or something and that you have triumphed in this exchange. Again in your dreams.

As before, if you want me to explain each of these verses again let me know. We've done this exercise in futility before.

And the Bible is NOT littered with scripture concerning the deity of Jesus, NOT ONCE. Some scripture may be difficult to understand and even be perceived that Jesus is the/a deity and God, although no cigar my friend. We have to be really sure of what scripture really is speaking to us. Viewing scripture through your Trinitarian lens does not help you BOL. You have to be completely unbiased with open eyes and ears from the spirit of understanding and knowledge from God.

Great Day and Bless you,

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"APAK,

[God is with us in the person of Jesus; not God as Jesus. God the Father was actively working in His Son by empowering him to reconcile us to Himself.

God did not become the human Jesus or incarnated himself as a human. Or for that matter as some also believe that an archangel or a pre-existed god (‘lowered’ himself) Jesus incarnated himself into a new baby boy. This is not scriptural. God made the human and stayed resident within him. Just as with a new believer, God presence lives with that person from that point forth from rebirth.

Today, Jesus is still the same sinless being and son of God and never God, or a previous archangel or his pre-existent god-self. He now has a heavenly body that is immortal. All true believers with have the same type of body. Jesus is the same perfect image of his Father.]

if God saves a person they know Jesus is God.
Anthony, I seem to agree with your writing until I became a bit confused when I read you last line and statement.

Yes, Jesus was never incarnated from any source as you said. Jesus was created by the spirit of God Almighty himself as a human, with his own spirit, and also with the indwelt spirit of God, as/like (not the same though) a believer acquires later in life. Jesus also, because of God shared or possesses the 'word'/logos or the inner thoughts and mind of God. He knew what and when his Father was speaking to him. Jesus shared in the divine nature of God by having the experience of his mind. Jesus was never the deity or the source of divinity.

Your statement that "if God saves a person, they know Jesus is God" is definitely not my belief. God does save a person of course because of our belief (not to be taken lightly, it is a deeper belief that entails other parts) in the gospel and faith in Jesus' and his works. Upon acceptance of this sincere and deep belief and faith and repentance, a portion of God's spirit dwells within us to confirm our mark of God, or that we are marked as one of God's children, and future life of immortality.

Bless you,

APAK

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confident as ever I see, although still confused and wrapped in the traditions of men.

First off I did say that the Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy of being the Son God at least. That was MY key point. Read back. Although you adding to it and saying, "which is tantamount to claiming to be GOD Himself" I believe is a big stretch and big fib don't you think. You have to know there is a distinction between the Son of God and God himself.

And then you said as I have seen these/similar words before from you, "The Son would have the SAME essence as the Father - thereby making HIM God as well. I disagree with extreme prejudice as usual. You are again uing an empty form of reasonong; an imaginative form of reasoning that has no substance and is definitely not scriptural.

Then you said, "This is the JEWISH understanding - and the one that YOU fail to grasp." And again I disagree with extreme prejudice once more. You yourself fail to grasp that the Jews NEVER though he was God Almighty even once. Of course you would be celebrating if they really did. Wishful thinking. Read the context and verses in my post. There is no God Almighty realization in any of the Jews' speech, explicitly or implicitly said.

And of course you must to prove the Trinity and force scripture to fit this worn-out and divisive theory ever devised.

I see your usual ending with a trail of scripture of verses to somehow show your knowledge of scripture or something and that you have triumphed in this exchange. Again in your dreams.

As before, if you want me to explain each of these verses again let me know. We've done this exercise in futility before.

And the Bible is NOT littered with scripture concerning the deity of Jesus, NOT ONCE. Some scripture may be difficult to understand and even be perceived that Jesus is the/a deity and God, although no cigar my friend. We have to be really sure of what scripture really is speaking to us. Viewing scripture through your Trinitarian lens does not help you BOL. You have to be completely unbiased with open eyes and ears from the spirit of understanding and knowledge from God.

Great Day and Bless you,

APAK
WOW.
It's difficult to understand how you could veer so far off the rails of this conversation.

YOU said:
"You yourself fail to grasp that the Jews NEVER though he was God Almighty even once. There is no God Almighty realization in any of the Jews' speech, explicitly or implicitly said."

I NEVER said that the Jews thought Jesus was God.
I NEVER said that the Jews came to the "realization" that Jesus was God.

That's my WHOLE point. They rejected the idea - but accused HIM of blasphemy for claiming it. BIG difference.

As for the verses I presented - they CLEARLY state that Jesus is God.
Let's make it easy for you and just deal with a couple of them for now:

According to the Biblical principle of the Granville Sharp's Rule:
"When the copulative KAI connects two nouns of the same case, if the article HO or any of its cases precedes the first of the said nouns or participles, and is not repeated before the second noun or participle, the latter always relates to the same person that is expressed or described by the first noun or participle".
In other words - in the case of "God and Savior Jesus Christ", the "God and Savior" is referring to the SAME person: Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus shared in the divine nature of God by having the experience of his mind. Jesus was never the deity or the source of divinity.
This is self-contradictory and convoluted. Why do you have a problem believing that Jesus is indeed God? The Bible is repleted with plain statements declaring that Jesus is God, but even John 1:1 should be sufficient. Perhaps you should set aside your false notions and simply study the first chapter of John's Gospel.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW.
It's difficult to understand how you could veer so far off the rails of this conversation.

YOU said:
"You yourself fail to grasp that the Jews NEVER though he was God Almighty even once. There is no God Almighty realization in any of the Jews' speech, explicitly or implicitly said."

I NEVER said that the Jews thought Jesus was God.
I NEVER said that the Jews came to the "realization" that Jesus was God.

That's my WHOLE point. They rejected the idea - but accused HIM of blasphemy for claiming it. BIG difference.

As for the verses I presented - they CLEARLY state that Jesus is God.
Let's make it easy for you and just deal with a couple of them for now:

"When the copulative KAI connects two nouns of the same case, if the article HO or any of its cases precedes the first of the said nouns or participles, and is not repeated before the second noun or participle, the latter always relates to the same person that is expressed or described by the first noun or participle".
In other words - in the case of "God and Savior Jesus Christ", the "God and Savior" is referring to the SAME person: Jesus Christ.
Well let's see what you said again to refresh your memory..

"First of all - Jesus wasn't "blaspheming" by saying He was the Messiah/Christ. The Jews accused Him of blasphemy for claiming to be the SON of God - which is tantamount to claiming to be GOD Himself."

Ok if you did not infer or intent to say that the Jews meant he was claiming to be God himself in YOUR quote above then you MUST have meant it yourself by stating it. Stop weaseling out of what you said BOL. I'm not playing word games with you. Make your words clearer then in the future. And of course for the second time I completely disagree with what you read into scripture here as you do not take out of it.

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is self-contradictory and convoluted. Why do you have a problem believing that Jesus is indeed God? The Bible is repleted with plain statements declaring that Jesus is God, but even John 1:1 should be sufficient. Perhaps you should set aside your false notions and simply study the first chapter of John's Gospel.

Another parrot speaks.....

Enoch, before you go off again, tell me one thing if you can. What does John 1:1 say to you and why, let alone the entire Chapter One. If you cannot break it down and understand it then I have no time to entertain your lack of understanding of scripture as you keep parroting scripture you know nothing about. For starters where did the English term 'word' derive from in John 1:1. And what does 'the beginning' mean? Sorry. Yes I'm convinced reading some of your posts to me and others you don't do scripture studying much...prove me wrong. I wish I could discuss scripture with you although I suspect you are a fixated di-hard Trinitarian. Trinitarians in my experience, do not really do Bible study well and in depth. They just possess a list of cherry-picked verses and then force-meld them together as they misapply them over and over again to say either Jesus = God or see the Trinity is in scripture. This of course to me is not only irresponsible on your behalf it tells me you can grow using the word of God. You are stunted and blinded by a divisive religious concept that has no place with followers of Christ.

Yes, Trinitarians eventually become self-contradictory and convoluted indeed as you are being in your type of postings. I have a problem that you think Jesus is God Almighty because it is made-up by men as a theory, that CANNOT be proven. In fact it is even not a theory it is only an hypothesis. It is always a mystery they say. Scripture does not say Jesus is or was God. Jesus was and is the true Son of God. It
is ridiculous even presenting it in a serious discussion. You
cannot have it both ways that Jesus is both the Son and the Father for some and ultimately both are God for all who think as you do.

You seem or you think you are very brave and bold in this cheap talk of yours by saying to me that: "The Bible is repleted with plain statements declaring that Jesus is God." You do not have any high-road by presenting such a canned-Trinitarian common, overused and smug type of statement. YOU had better have some explaining to me on this one. YOU need to convince and prove what you parrot to me, NOT I. I get very tired of providing scripture analysis especially to Trinitarians when they cannot or have not the decency to meet me at least 10% of the way in their support for what they believe. I do not come with any religious lens as you do, so I believe you cannot go beyond just being a parrot for the Trinitarian cause as I believe you doing in your posts.

APAK

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well let's see what you said again to refresh your memory..

"First of all - Jesus wasn't "blaspheming" by saying He was the Messiah/Christ. The Jews accused Him of blasphemy for claiming to be the SON of God - which is tantamount to claiming to be GOD Himself."

Ok if you did not infer or intent to say that the Jews meant he was claiming to be God himself in YOUR quote above then you MUST have meant it yourself by stating it. Stop weaseling out of what you said BOL. I'm not playing word games with you. Make your words clearer then in the future. And of course for the second time I completely disagree with what you read into scripture here as you do not take out of it.

APAK
I'm not "weaseling" out of anything.
I objected plainly to YOUR statement: "You yourself fail to grasp that the Jews NEVER though he was God Almighty even once. There is no God Almighty realization in any of the Jews' speech, explicitly or implicitly said."

I never said that the Jews thought He was God or came to that "realization". They rejected the idea. NOT sure why YOU said they did . . .

I DO see how you used this to avoid addressing the 2 passages I presented, though. Care to address them now??

I eagerly await your response . . .

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I objected plainly to YOUR statement: "You yourself fail to grasp that the Jews NEVER though he was God Almighty even once. There is no God Almighty realization in any of the Jews' speech, explicitly or implicitly said."

I never said that the Jews thought He was God or came to that "realization". They rejected the idea. NOT sure why YOU said they did . . .

I DO see how you used this to avoid addressing the 2 passages I presented, though. Care to address them now??

BOL. I shall answer the 2 verses in your post although I will have to get back with you a little later. I guarantee that I will respond to both of them. The first one I did months ago for you. I will reply to the 2nd verse first however, as this verse requires more explaining. The first one in John 20 is easier to explain.

Thanks for bringing some depth with your scripture...

until later..

APAK

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who believes in a jesus who is a created being does not know the biblical Jesus who is God.2cor11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Back again for a spell...

Well at least you are providing a wee bit of depth to your reasoning BOL. Although I would say it is still very inadequate for any useful discussion. I could do the same although I believe I need to go much deeper because one of these days some of this might persuade you because you never considered some of it. And that would be a great thing indeed.

I will discuss/ or reply to Titus 2:13 here. This can be some extensive writing although I will try to be brief. John 20:28 is much easier to explain and I can reply to that later if you do not mind.

Titus 2:13 is one of several other verses that is laden with arguably both some ambiguity and some controversy to boot because of the following factors. These can be settled however by allowing scripture to interpret itself and with other supporting scripture along with the all-important context evaluated.

For starters, there are ‘basically’ (there are variants of these) two major forms in the English translation of this verse. There are two areas of contention. Is the word ‘glorious’ used as an adjective or a noun as ‘glory?”

Secondly, this is what you regard as your ace in the hole I presume, using the so-called Granville Sharp Rule from the late 18th century. And you believe it applies here. We’ll see. I wonder if you know what you have here? I surmise you found this nifty grammatical device that furthers your cause to convince others that this application proves that the Jesus is God Almighty. You mighty want to slow down a bit and look at it in more detail. You are hanging your belief on a man-made grammatical controversial rule or axiom. Not everyone agrees with it, believe me.

Back to some of the different translations of Titus 2:13.

There is the Catholic Douay-Rheims, New American Bible, Moffatt, Revised versions and others that translate Titus 2:13 that use ‘glory’ the noun. Here are just a few translations of this type:

(DRB) Looking for the blessed hope and coming of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
(ASV) looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
(BBE) Looking for the glad hope, the revelation of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;

Then there is the NIV, KJV and the Amplified version etc., that use ‘glorious’ as the adjective. Here are some translations:
(KJV) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
(CEV) We are filled with hope, as we wait for the glorious return of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.
(ISV) as we wait for the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior, Jesus the Messiah.

I prefer the former translation where ‘glory’ is the noun as in the Catholic Douay-Rheims version and even the NIV types. “….the glory of our great God, and Savior, Jesus Christ.” Why, because it supports other parts of scripture whilst the other stands out as a sore thumb as being incongruent with the gospel and other writing in the NT concerning the future reappearance of Jesus Christ, as the glory of God, and not the visible appearance of God Almighty (as this the impression it gives).

Also, Titus 2: 14 speaks of Jesus Christ alone, giving up his life for us; not his Father or God Almighty. This reinforces the meaning in verse 13 in that we expect the appearance as our blessed hope of Jesus Christ as our direct deliver, and not God himself directly.

Further, those reading Paul’s words would have been puzzled if he meant God himself would appear in the future as our Blessed hope, instead of the Lamb of God, they called their Lord and Savior. It is Jesus Christ we will ‘see’ and experience, as the Son of God in immortality and in the glory of God. We won’t see both God Almighty and Jesus Christ reappear either; only Jesus in God’s glory.

Now here is where I reinforce this concept that only Jesus Christ will reappear as our Blessed hope by viewing its context.

The basic context of Titus Chapter 2 is this: Folks were remined to live their lives according to two events in their lives. And also, to be ‘godly’ all their lives. To rid themselves of ungodliness in any form and from any source. Further, two revelations and appearances are given to them, and us.

The first was given to them (and us) by God Almighty as his grace, revealed as the gospel of life, the word of God that is the merciful and loving plan of salvation, fulfilled by the glorious and holy birth and appearance of his Son and trusted agent Jesus Christ (Titus 2:11). Jesus is the glory of God as in John 1:14b. Those living around Christ were witnessing the glory of God through his Son, teaching the gospel and performing signs and wonders, and eventually dying for all of us, and then ascending from the depths and resurrecting into heaven.

The other is in the future and written in Titus 2:13. It is the logical conclusion of their and our, blessed hope in eternal life with Jesus. It is the second of two glorious appearances or revelations given by God Almighty as his word, through his Son and agent Jesus Christ. They and us await the future glorious (re)appearance or the glory of God, his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. He resurrected from this earth into glory at the right hand of God and he will reappear in the same glory and in the power of God Almighty.

Now to the so-called Granville Sharp Rule was developed by 1798.

This so-called Granville Sharp Rule stated as in a mathematical statement:
Article (ho) + noun1 + and (kai) + noun2 (in Greek not English format)
: if the definite article (ho, or its variant) precedes only the first noun, joined by the conjunction (usually) ‘and,’ and not the second noun, then the reference is to one person..ALWAYS. Talk about rigidity eh?

continued....

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife
Sharp was a staunch Trinitarian determined to find and interpret scripture as a Trinity Bible, that served only the cause and promotion of the Trinity, and in particular the deity of Jesus as God himself. He found it by creating his own rule that does fit in all places in scripture when applied. His rule unfortunately also does NOT allow for any deviation or exception because he said so, and that is that..

Many Trinitarian loved this idea of apparently showing the Trinity in the Bible. There were more than a few honest Trinitarians that also defied this Rule as being bogus. They labeled it as inadequate, too restrictive and rigid, even self-serving, and even deceitful, as I also do.

One Trinitarian called Winstanley was a critic of Sharp’s Rule. He claimed as I have come to the same conclusion that the early ‘church’ did not follow it or even know of it, as Sharp has applies it, even in native Konia Greek, and they definitely never invoked this so-called rule to prove the divinity of Christ.

Further, as in Titus 2:13 and some other verse the claim the Rule is what equates ‘the blessed hope’ and appearance together is rather presumptuous of this Rule. This linguistic practice of using two nouns joined by a conjunction especially ‘and’ to equate two separate nouns or ideas is a common to ALL languages. This allow us to understand ‘kai’ as ‘EVEN.’

Before this Rule was created, scholars still knew that the Father and Son were uniquely different, and not the same equating the Son as God Almighty as well. I guess to the non-Trinitarians at least.

One cannot cop out of using scripture to prove other scriptures. Using a clever grammatical device is only a rough tool or guideline. Using this Rule to decide God’s truth is truly not in the spirit of learning and understanding the word of God. There are other more exact ways of discerning the truth here.

Continues....

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife ,,,,last part

I’ve already shown the all-important context surrounding Titus 2:13 and now I will add other scripture to support that this verse is not saying Jesus Christ is God Almighty despite the annoying and unreliable GS Rule clouding many minds that believe it is a magic formula and a short-cut to gaining wisdom and knowledge of God and his Son.

I’ll let the scripture do the talking here that completely compliments and supports the true meaning of verse Titus 2:13. This is no Father or God Almighty returning. Only the glory of God Almighty, who is our Lord and Savior, and our Blessed hope indeed.

(Mat 16:27) For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.
(Joh 14:1) “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
(Joh 14:2) In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
(Joh 14:3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
(1Co 1:7) so that you are not lacking in any gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(Php 3:20) But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
(Heb 9:28) so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.
(1Th 4:16) For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
(2Ti 4:8) Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
(1Pe 1:3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
(1Jn 3:2) Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

Now show me BOL where is your scripture supporting your interpretation of Titus 2:13 where you say God is the same as Jesus Christ and that our Blessed Hope means you expect to see God Almighty in glory and not Jesus Christ in glory of the Father and his God, based on your ‘proof:’ applying a generic grammatic device by another Trinitarian that also does not understand how to study scripture without using unsound short-cuts and cherry-picking scripture to suit their non-scriptural thoughts?

I’ll get back with you on the John 20 verse…

Bless you,

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who believes in a jesus who is a created being does not know the biblical Jesus who is God.2cor11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
So Anthony, you do not believe the scriptures when God Almighty said he created/begotten his only Son, with Mary, and therefore you do not believe that this Son of God was not God or his own Father? You believe that Jesus was secretly God himself then? I hope you can distinguish and know to whom you pray too.

Bless you,

APAK