Another sign?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Everybody,
I hope that you all had a wonderful thanksgiving day or Succoth, or whatever you'd like to call it. I had an exceptionally good weekend myself and the sunset on Friday was by far the most awesome that I ever saw. I was outside waitng to see what the end of the day had to offer. As sunset was approaching, I first noticed a lot of bright red in the western sky and decided to take the dag for a walk to go to a better spot for the view. We went around to the entry of the local school play yard and went for a bench facing South, but the view wasn't quite perfect. There were a few ladies with some young children and a dog. My own dog was more interested in going to play with the dog and children, than seeing the sun set, and my wife had stayed inside. To keep my dog from getting too excited, I walked around to the North side of the play ground to get a better view of the sunset and I was startled by what I saw. The sun was behind some clouds and behind a tree, a tall oak or maybe a maple, but there were no leaves on it anyway. My Angle of view let me see the tree almost entirely against a back ground of sky and the light from the sun breaking through the clouds looked like a golden flowing radiance from the tree, extending out to the tips of the branches, so that the whole tree appeared to be glowing. Outise of the branches the sky appeared more blue and red. The red colored clouds had the appearance of rings, like planetary rings, in broad ovals over the tree, and alternating red and blue hues. To the upper left of the tree were more feathery clouds and I saw what looked like the head of an eagle streaking up from the tree toward the South east. I didn't have my camera or cell phone with me, but at least there were a few other witnesses to the gift.
I don't believe that the ladies were paying any more attention than my dog, but I think that the kids saw it, if only for a moment.
I might try to paint the image, but I could never do the original any justice.
If that weren't enough, I went out to get some dinner at a local take out place, and I saw quite a few people walking about in the plaza and stores, but I only saw two that were quite radiant. I know them both, and they run a take out restaurant called "Great Wall", which I suppose is common enough, but I never saw a glow radiating from a person's face like that, though I have seen more than a few peculiar things in my life.
If you ever have this sort of experience, don't be frightened; it's just a gift. Remember that fire draws to fire, but light never retreats. Don't you just love invisible signs?
I just have one more clue from the Lord for those who like games along with one bad joke. The clue is this: How many elements are represented in my little environmentally friendly vision in terms of ancient chinese thought, and what would the fifth element really be, (Not some hot shiksa wearing nothing but band aids)?
The bad joke is this: What's the difference between a portable X box station, and a bomb? The answer would be: The Length of the fuse.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello biggandy,
I don't know, unless it cuts into someone's profits. I was reading an on-line headline about a Marine Vet. in Tuscon (or the viscinity) that was gunned down in his own home while his wife and child hid in a closet, by no less than the Pima county's SWAT team (for suspected drug running.) Did they shoot Jose Guerena Ortiz 27 times because he had a semi automatic rifle in his hands, or because he told a bad joke? Was he guilty of running drugs? Only the men who shot him know for sure and dead men don't tell jokes. But everybody knows that the good guys wear a star while they blow you away. At least they did him in on Cinco de Mayo, and he'll have a memorial on that day for as long as his memory lives. I hope that his family is well cared for, but somehow I doubt it.
Michael

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
2077.gif

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Hi Michael V Pardo,

One of the aspects I consider is "design or coincidence". As such one can wonder at the shapes of clouds and try to infer some greater meaning, which might be fruitless, or the shape of the Twin Towers smoke where some have asserted various images:

http://www.christianmedia.us/devil-face.html

Inasmuch, I would attest that as we were driving north out of the Amarillo lights, I glanced at the Hale-Bopp comet tale at the exact moment it was within the "frame" of a church steeple Cross. And where some hold no particular Scriptural significance to that event, I would assert that I not only appreciate that significance, but can fully associate the image of that comet in perfect conjunction with the Cross.

And in such moments I would argue that the Spirit of GOD speaks to us, as it should each and every time we see a rainbow.

BibleScribe

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Bible Scribe,
I use the word coincidence at times, but usually when talking about set theory. The timing of events could be randomn, but we need to understand that God is first of all Sovereign over all creation, and demonstrates this at every level of existence. Before I was saved, I looked for signs to follow. Now that I know Him, I can trust in His Word, whether written on parchment, stone, or creation at large. Creation is under a curse for man's sake, and this is part of the reason that our perception is distorted. Yet, He is able to show us things through spiritual eyes that we would never perceive without them. If you're walking by faith, the signs only confirm that which He's already placed in your heart. We don't look for signs, we just see them along the way, and that's how He built us. It's a little freaky when you see the signs years before they happen, but I'm inclined to believe that the Lord gives us glimpses beforehand to prepare our unbelieving hearts to do His will. They only instill fear or dread when you're not trusting the Lord, but His desire for us is only good and that is a difficult lesson to learn, especially when you have some years behind you.
I'm glad that there are still little children in the world who remain as little blank slates to be written upon, but I'm more glad that there are little children who receive white stones and a new name that God gives them, and He will divide them by tribe, the Israel of God. Amen