Anti-reformers month

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. How exactly does that work? What scripture and how does it qualify you?

Pax!
20You, however, have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.
26I have written these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you.
27And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you.
1 John 2:20-27

Every truly born again person has the Spirit of discernment in them. We don't need the Catholic priesthood to tell us what is truth and what is not. Jesus did away with that old covenant way of relating to God.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Ferris,

On that i think we agree.

as they make a pretense of religion but deny its power. Reject them.

Pax et Bonum!
We are definitely not in agreement.
This passage has no place whatsoever in the Catholic religion:

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. For whoever serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men." Romans 14:17-18

Your whole relationship with God is based on God's acceptance of your various ongoing religious activities. That's the deceit of cold, dead religion. Those things make you feel like you're connecting with God when you aren't at all.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your whole relationship with God is based on God's acceptance of your various ongoing religious activities

Wow, you're so far off here... My whole relationship with God is based on me being a child of the Most High.. So you can take your ignorant insults somewhere else please..

Every truly born again person has the Spirit of discernment in them

Indeed.. And that Spirit builds up the Body, it does not divide it...

Pax et Bonum!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, you're so far off here... My whole relationship with God is based on me being a child of the Most High.. So you can take your ignorant insults somewhere else please..
No, I know what I'm talking about here.
You think you practice the one and only approved and acceptable way to worship God.
As if God is requiring us to worship him in a specific and prescribed manner that you better get right....or else.
This is the very essence of cold dead religion.

You have missed it if you think this is what it means to know and love God and please him.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Indeed.. And that Spirit builds up the Body, it does not divide it...

Pax et Bonum!
RELIGION separates us. And I mean that in every negative connotation of the word 'religion'.
See, what divides us is you think this is the approved way to 'do' church, while someone else says, no, this is the right way.
This bickering over the proper procedures of how to worship God in church is what ruins Christianity. All the while being completely oblivious to the fact that is not what God is seeking.

You can see by reading the early church fathers writings that the church went down this path of cold dead liturgy almost immediately after the original Apostles died.
We've been stuck in that ditch ever since.
But by God's grace there are those of us who know the truth about this (it's revealed right in the pages of our Bibles). There have been a remnant of us all down through the ages. I invite you to be one of them.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My whole relationship with God is based on me being a child of the Most High.
...As defined by the accuracy of your worship procedures.
That's cold dead religion.
Take that as an insult if you want. That's what the pride of religion does.
But I pray that God helps you to see the truth.
He's not looking for the accuracy of your worship procedures.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the opposite of that would be "We are saved by faith alone and is always alone."

So take your pick.
Which one is it?

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
The holy church is the ark of grace and salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All cults believe that.
We're not afraid of your cult.

Flock of sheep!

Calm waters / green pastures
No changes
Faithful
obedience
Submissive
Rules, rituals, commandments
Christians saints
Rightous Children of God
Humble
Meek
Patience
The communion of saints!

Flock of goats!

The flock that rocks
Rocky places
Constant change
Unfaithful protesting
Disobedience
Rebellion
Protests
Heretics full of errors
Children of unrighteousness
Pride
Presumptuous
Arrogance
The camp of heretics!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOUR POSTING LEFT FIELD theology actually doctrine of man. have you ever read of the great revivals ? just one the great welsh revival . the authority is the Word of God .

Revival is not in the New Testament
What does that have to do with new church and new doctrine?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flock of goats!

The flock that rocks
Rocky places
Constant change
Unfaithful protesting
Disobedience
Rebellion
Protests
Heretics full of errors
Children of unrighteousness
Pride
Presumptuous
Arrogance
The camp of heretics!
But this is only relative to your erroneous teachings. And so it's a no where argument.
It leads no where.

You're trapped in the deceitfulness of cold dead 'religion'.
God is not looking for your accurately developed and executed religious liturgy.
That's cold dead 'religion'. And all that breeds is pride and friction and fighting. Not closeness to God, though it is very deceitful in making one think it's the pathway to pleasing God and gaining acceptance with him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was no reformation of the church, acts 9:4 only rebellion against Christ and his one true church founded on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 and 18:18 Jn 2:21-23 eph 2:20

Faith and baptism required for the new covenant Mk 16:16 acts 2:38-39 acts 8:36-38 ez 36:25-27 1 pet 3:20-21

unlike the control freaks at reformation month all are welcome here, it’s all good, any biblical insight is welcome!

where does the Bible say to have a reformation? Or a revival? Or Sunday school?

you’re free to ask anything

*The Scripture does NOT say to "reform".
*The Scripture DOES say to "conform".

Rom.8
[29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom.12
[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

*The Historical Protest Against Catholicism was a charge Claiming Catholicism was Teaching men to "Conform" to To a TEACHING "BEYOND" what God taught and required.
*The one who first made the "charge" was at first "ignored", by the Catholic Church counsil.
*The one making the "charge" began "speaking" publically for the public to HEAR his "charges".
*The public began also asking the Catholic Chruch for a response.
*THEN was the one who made the first charge Against the Catholic Chruch, given an "audience" to be Heard by the Church counsil, with opportunity to for the Church to "respond".
* The Church "responded", much in the same fashion it does today.
** The Pope said so!
** We say so!
** The Bible is not the ONLY Source to Verify A Claim.
** Churches further "Response"...Agree with the Catholic Churchs' council, and remain a member of the Catholic Church...or remain in Protest and be booted out of the Catholic Church.
** Yes the one who made the Frist Charge, "Rebelled" Against the Church Council's claim, of a "non-Biblical verifiable answer".

** The answer then, as today, was no answer at all.
** The First who made the charge Against the Catholic Church, was indeed, booted out of the Catholic Church.
** The First who made the charge Against the Catholic Church, began Preaching Confroming According to Gods Way...
* WHICH was men "reforming" from Catholic teaching BACK to Gods "Conforming".
** thus the common term...reformation
ALSO
** thus the common term...Protestant, in protest, Against Catholic Teaching BEYOND Gods Way of "Conforming".

Today, the SAME occurs...
Some men Conform expressly to Biblical Preaching/Teaching of Gods Doctrine, "verifiable" IN Scripture.
Some men Conform expressly to Catholic Preaching/Teaching "only" verifiable by a Written "text book" (Catechism) of Catholic Doctrine, written by Catholic men.

Thus...TODAY, the Divide of Preaching and Teaching... FROM TWO Different Sources.... between Protestants and Catholics Continues.

BTW...Peter "never knew of or accepted a position of pope"....and Peter nor any of the Apostles Preached or Taught or commissioned or bowed down before ....Statues of Christ, Statues of Jesus, Statues of Mary, Mary was sinless, Prayers TO Saints, on and on and on....It's simply an ongoing case of "we said so"...and frankly not convincing to a great number of men whose greater reliance is on...What God says is so.

Glory to God,
Taken

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, I know what I'm talking about here.
You think you practice the one and only approved and acceptable way to worship God.

Dear Ferris,

With every post you make it clearer that you have no idea what youre talking about..

I practice what my brothers and sisters in all the ancient apostolic churches have practiced for 2000 years..

We gather to celebrate and offer Eucharist in fulfillment of Malachi 1:11

And it is right and just that we do so..

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Pax et Bonum!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival is not in the New Testament
What does that have to do with new church and new doctrine?
Come on. I showed you revival in the New Testament. Twice, I think.
Are you just going to ignore it?

"Wake up and strengthen what remains, which was about to die; for I have found your deeds incomplete in the sight of My God. Remember, then, what you have received and heard. Keep it and repent." Revelation 3:2-3

I know you came here looking to set us poor, deceived, unsaved Protestants free and show us how right your 'religion' is, but I've gone tit for tat with you and I expect you to lay your pride aside and see we got better answers than you realized.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With every post you make it clearer that you have no idea what youre talking about..

I practice what my brothers and sisters in all the ancient apostolic churches have practiced for 2000 years.
Oh, I know what I'm talking about.
You are all about cold dead liturgy, as if that's what God is seeking.
You've missed it by a mile.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We gather to celebrate and offer Eucharist in fulfillment of Malachi 1:11
There aren't very many Christians that don't do communion.
The problem is you have turned it into a religious ceremony that, if properly executed, pleases God and solicits his favor for you. And if it doesn't....well. That's cold dead religion.

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18For whoever serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men." Romans 14:17-18
You're trapped in the deceit of thinking God doles out his pleasure in you according to if you possess proper doctrine about religious ceremonies and practice them.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ founded a cult?
No the CATHOLICS did.

They control you with fear and lord it over you and and don't allow you to question or challenge them (Revelation 2:2).
You don't seem to understand your church has all the earmarks of a cult.