Any single moms or Dads here taking care of a special kid?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ivy

Aug 10, 2023
Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
I'm mum to an amazing little baby, he's 2 and he's just sunshine in my life. I'm on my own and most of the time my mom and my family are there for me. But I feel like it's time I start painting again (I'm an artist) but it makes me very nervous. I want to take a months break and just focus on refreshing my soul and just being happy. I want to stop therapies for my son for a month but I'm not sure if it's the right thing. I feel very burnt out and exhausted at this time.
Does anyone else feel selfish doing anything they used to love before being a parent?

Reactions: Papa Smurf

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Ivy, parenting is challenging and the assurance the little ones need relationally is not to be underestimated. It is the primary building block for healthy self esteem. You are fortunate having your parents as a back stop. Be strong and make good choices.

Reactions: Papa Smurf and Ivy