Apokatastasis in the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I knew my post would raise questions. - LOL

Each one will be judged on their thoughts and deeds, I suppose.
Could a good man by God's standards be a member of Pharaoh's army?
And even been involved in the chase and ultimate disaster?

What about the judgment against the nation of Egypt?

The restoration of Egypt

Ezekiel 29:13-14
“‘Yet this is what the Sovereign Lord says:
At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the nations where they were scattered.
14 I will bring them back from captivity and return them to Upper Egypt,
the land of their ancestry. There they will be a lowly kingdom.
God will sort out the dead according to their kind. Kind of like sorting out a catch of fish on shore....as per the parable of the kingdom.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. God is free to adorn His creation or destroy it. He is God...the Creator. We have no such right.

God is not a man.
I would posit that God has given us a conscience to know right from wrong.
Does God operate under a different standard of morality than he has given to us?

We are not allowed hate our enemies or to be unforgiving, but God is free to do these things?
Who could trust a God like that? If it's true, we will all end in hell eventually.
Or pushed aside into outer darkness with no hope of escape. Feel the love.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will sort out the dead according to their kind. Kind of like sorting out a catch of fish on shore....as per the parable of the kingdom.
Okay. Does that answer your own question about the Egyptian army and Christian Universalism?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This also disproves universalism. because few find it
Great, thanks. Here's what you wrote originally.
Do you believe in fatalism?
So, you believe that God is playing a high-stakes game of hide-and-seek with our souls?
"Few there be that find it." That God would make sport of our eternal destiny by obscuring life from us?
Thus sealing the fate of the MANY in favor of the FEW that win his cruel game? For those who solve the puzzle.

"Oh, too bad. You were so close. Better luck next time. Oh wait, there won't be a next time. Ha, ha, ha..." (sinister laugh)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great, thanks. Here's what you wrote originally.

So, you believe that God is playing a high-stakes game of hide-and-seek with our souls?
I think that the person you quoted was a fatalist who thinks God pretty much forced him to say yes. I disagree with him. Which is why I asked you if you believed as he does
Hide and seek? God makes himself known in his creation. He is not hiding, he is there for all to see. Remember, John said they do not come to the light lest it expose their sin.

They willingly hid God in their hearts. it is not hidden.

"Few there be that find it." That God would make sport of our eternal destiny by obscuring life from us?
God does not obscure it from us

Few find it, because few want it.. or want to do it Gods way

Look at Epi here. He is trying to find God by his own righteousness.. He thinks he can earn righteousness and salvation. He is trying to do it the hard way.

Now God has not hid the truth from him, His pride keeps him from seeing the truth.
Thus sealing the fate of the MANY in favor of the FEW that win his cruel game? For those who solve the puzzle.

"Oh, too bad. You were so close. Better luck next time. Oh wait, there won't be a next time. Ha, ha, ha..." (sinister laugh)
Nope.

Again, God died for all.. You can;t blame God

Its like saying there are a billion people who are on death row. and God paid the penalty to have them all released. But only a million receive his free gift. the rest chose to reject his offer.

When they suffer their penalty. you can;t say God sealed their fate. they sealed their own fate by rejecting his gift which was freely offered to them.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would posit that God has given us a conscience to know right from wrong.
Does God operate under a different standard of morality than he has given to us?

Yes, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God is also the author of life. Both temporal and eternal. We live a temporal life in order to ascertain whether we are suited or allow ourselves to be suited...for an everlasting life.
We are not allowed hate our enemies or to be unforgiving, but God is free to do these things?
Again, God is far more merciful than we are. That doesn't mean He tolerates injustices forever. Even the angels rebelled, because of free will. So then evil must be judged for truth, equity, peace and love to reign. We have a choice to get with the program...but many will NEVER listen. So then these entities that freely choose evil need to be judged and eliminated for the common good.

Who could trust a God like that? If it's true, we will all end in hell eventually.

Really? No one repents? What about the Ninevites? ;)

Be careful of going too far one way or the other. Would you grant a rapist to live among the defenseless forever??? Where is the justice for the victims in your overall plan?
Or pushed aside into outer darkness with no hope of escape. Feel the love.
The outer darkness is for the hypocrites among God's people...believers. They serve as vessels of dishonour to contrast those who honoured God and obeyed the truth.

Otherwise there is nothing but lies in the end. There must be a reckoning for a righteous God.

We are given time to act...otherwise we will perish with either the wicked or the liars.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God is also the author of life. Both temporal and eternal. We live a temporal life in order to ascertain whether we are suited or allow ourselves to be suited...for an everlasting life.
And here we go. Phariseeism at its finest. This almost sounds like a momon belief. that we are put here to see if we can be good enough to earn eternal life.

Thats not how things work.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you grant a rapist to live among the defenseless forever???
According to UR (Universal Redemption) that would NEVER happen.
No one will enter the kingdom until they are corrected and restored.

You would be okay with a corrected and restored FORMER rapist, correct?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Otherwise there is nothing but lies in the end. There must be a reckoning for a righteous God.
I suppose the thing that bothers me most about the view you have presented is all the loose ends it leaves.
That would be someone's loved one out there in the hopelessness of outer darkness.
How could they live with that forever? Distracted by entertainment? (sigh) smh

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Sure. IF that person can be reformed and corrected. God is MORE merciful than I am. The bible records how the wicked will never repent....or be reformed or corrected.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I suppose the thing that bothers me most about the view you have presented is all the loose ends it leaves.
That would be someone's loved one out there in the hopelessness of outer darkness.
How could they live with that forever? Distracted by entertainment? (sigh) smh
How do so many modern believers resist the gospel of walking in the light? How many prefer the darkness?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible records how the wicked will never repent....or be reformed or corrected.
Should we give that a closer look?
I find all sorts of conflicting messages in the Bible.
All three doctrines of the final judgement are both biblical and in conflict.
Damnationism conflicts with Annihilationism and both conflict with Universalism.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do so many modern believers resist the gospel of walking in the light? How many prefer the darkness?
It's a struggle for most, I would say. Me included.
Many are in church as fire insurance, hoping to "escape wrath".
Jesus had this to say to the folks that thought "church" was enough.

Matthew 21:31 NIV
... Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes
are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Should we give that a closer look?
I find all sorts of conflicting messages in the Bible.
All three doctrines of the final judgement are both biblical and in conflict.
Damnationism conflicts with Annihilationism and both conflict with Universalism.
That's because they each concern a different category of person.

Annihilation for the wicked. Damnation for the filthy. Salvation for the righteous. Glory for the saints.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am sure he would let King David into heaven

he is to focused on how good a person is. not how much of a guilty sinner he is.

(I bet he will say David did not rape anyone. although as king no one could turn him down on fear of death.