Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 timothy 4::10 Demas has forsaken ( left him in a Bind) having LOVED this present world ) 1. how many Demas do we know that seems to have went back to the way of the world? its real he was a co laborer with paul found in collusions 4 14 there is 2 sides to the coin heads . he was saved and left paul for Thessalonica a very worldly place. or tales he was never truly saved and when the heat got on he split.

it dont really matter as we are not the judge of a person salvation. we can only speculate .this is very serious stuff spiritual apostasy departing from the faith. i pastor a Church at one time i had another preacher/ former pastor of another Church attending. i allowed him to give morning devotions . i preached him once a month. him and his wife both said this is where we want to be.
then boom one sunday its his turn to preach he contacted me couldn't make it. then it was hit and miss just him. then boom he no longer came . to my knowledge he is not in Church.

paul said time would come that folks would not listen. they would have itchy ears . we are seeing this happen before our very eyes

we are seeing a departing people have lost their want to and desire. Church is not important they much like achan enjoy the glittering things of this world . he saw the bars of Gold the glittering Babylon vest .. he hid them in the floor of his tent. he took the accursed thing that they was warned to leave alone.

lets be honest we have been with the accursed thing. gasp........ its ok we all have. but the key to it all is we came to our senses. provers says there is a way that seems right. note seems right seems ok it will be ok. but if someone else does it we look down on them. we have to come to our senses . if we dont i doubt we was ever really saved Matthew 13 : 22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.