Architecture of New Jerusalem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I still appreciate you answering my questions, more than ever! And I’m glad you’d like to remain friends :) so when I go to Heaven and I’m able to reside in that cabin in the woods, would I be able to be alone? Or would there still be people around me? Neither is a negative! I’m just curious! Staying in a nice quiet cabin with my friends, whether that be old friends who’ve found there way to he once more, or new friends I’ve made since my arrival, having a nice picnic or tea party sounds absolutely wonderful! Especially wonderful if you’d have joined!! I’m truly thankful for you opening my eyes to this, everyday I make more and more connections that are definitely not coincidences, but signs of the Holy Spirit
And of god <33
Jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 6:07 PM
Just saw you typing this message now my friend, heard the Discord notificaton so I will reply to it now :D
can.of.soup — Yesterday at 6:10 PM
Oh yay!! I cant wait!
can.of.soup — Yesterday at 7:29 PM

No worries at all my friend, I greatly enjoy our time together. Truly, I think it’s a miracle that we found each other. Among the dozens of Genshin Impact servers I joined, I never thought I would find someone like you my friend <3

In terms of where you reside in Heaven, the housing style can vary, as we can see from this following verse.

2 Cor 5:1 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
eternal = aionion = pertaining to an age, the age free of sin.

house
οἰκίαν (oikian)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3614: From oikos; properly, residence, but usually an abode; by implication, a family.

I’m an INFJ, Introvert Intuitive Feeling Judgemental. I like to make friends and socialize with people I enjoy spending time with, but I also like to have my own alone time too.

Whether someone’s an extrovert or an introvert, all personality types are created uniquely and with love by God. Sometimes, it can be tiring to be around a lot of people for a really long time, and Heaven is a place with no more pain. (Rev 21:4), as such, God will not force us to do something we’re not comfortable with, as love does not insist on its own way (1 Cor 13:4-8) and God = love (1 John 4:8).

Thus, I believe that you would be able to be alone, or with friends, new and old, it will be your choice. We have freedom through Christ (Gal 5:1).

a building
οἰκοδομὴν (oikodomēn)
Strong's 3619: Feminine of a compound of oikos and the base of doma; architecture, i.e. a structure; figuratively, confirmation.

Here building is related to “architecture”. So many cultures from around the world have such beautiful architecture! Whether it’s a cabin in the woods or a Victorian style mansion, whatever the building may be, we know it will be upheld by God!

I remember drinking a lot of chamomile tea to help my anxiety when I was younger. I would definitely enjoy drinking a much greater variety of tea though! So a nice picnic or a tea party sounds absolutely wonderful! :D I’m honored that you would invite me my friend! I would love to join you! It will certainly be a fun time to be there with you. You can introduce me to all your friends, and I can show you all mine too! Some of my other friends have talked about playing a tennis match together in Heaven. I’d like to go bird watching up there too!

It is the Gift of God (Rom 6:23) my friend, grace through faith. (Eph 2:8-9). I am a mere humble human messenger. And I feel absolutely wonderful seeing your life so positively affected by the Word of God. I am deeply grateful that the Lord provided this friendship for both of us my friend :D The Bible tells us that God works through coincidences, accidents and chances.

Luke 10:31 And by coincidence a priest was going down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

chance
συγκυρίαν (synkyrian)
Strong's 4795: A coincidence, accident, chance. From a comparative of sun and kureo; concurrence, i.e. Accident.

[So overall, to add my extra commentary here, our housings in Heaven will be protected by God, in terms of architecture, what they look like depends on the architectural style. I imagine some people have preferences or opinions over other people on how they would like their dream house to look. As such, I tell them that their house will be filled with happiness, and it will not cause pain. So the house will be as beautiful as God is beautiful, as wonderful as the Lord’s love to us. And that’s the important part. Because each of us are unique, yet we as believers are each our own temple for the Holy Spirit to dwell and reside in, keeping us safe my friends. Therefore, I bless all of you reading this with the protection of the Lord of Hosts, who is the host to many houses, abodes and lodgings in Heaven :D]
[PSALM 139:8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.]
[Psalm NEB 138:8 The Lord will accomplish His purpose for me. Thy true love, 0 Lord, endures for ever, leave not thy work unfinished.]
[JEREMIAH 31:34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.]
[HABAKKUK 2:14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.]

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The pictures we have of heaven are of a paradise, which was a garden and of a city.
They are pictures, the detail isn't important, what is important is getting there.

It is like a nervous person worrying about the party they are invited to, because they are scared of balloons.
The party is being held for them, so their fear of bursting balloons and sudden loud noises has been taken into account.

Jesus knows us and he has prepared a place for us. If you like solitude, he will allow for that, trust him to tru3ly care for you.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still appreciate you answering my questions, more than ever! And I’m glad you’d like to remain friends :) so when I go to Heaven and I’m able to reside in that cabin in the woods, would I be able to be alone? Or would there still be people around me? Neither is a negative! I’m just curious! Staying in a nice quiet cabin with my friends, whether that be old friends who’ve found there way to he once more, or new friends I’ve made since my arrival, having a nice picnic or tea party sounds absolutely wonderful! Especially wonderful if you’d have joined!! I’m truly thankful for you opening my eyes to this, everyday I make more and more connections that are definitely not coincidences, but signs of the Holy Spirit
And of god <33
Jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 6:07 PM
Just saw you typing this message now my friend, heard the Discord notificaton so I will reply to it now :D
can.of.soup — Yesterday at 6:10 PM
Oh yay!! I cant wait!
can.of.soup — Yesterday at 7:29 PM

No worries at all my friend, I greatly enjoy our time together. Truly, I think it’s a miracle that we found each other. Among the dozens of Genshin Impact servers I joined, I never thought I would find someone like you my friend <3

In terms of where you reside in Heaven, the housing style can vary, as we can see from this following verse.

2 Cor 5:1 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
eternal = aionion = pertaining to an age, the age free of sin.

house
οἰκίαν (oikian)
Strong's 3614: From oikos; properly, residence, but usually an abode; by implication, a family.

I’m an INFJ, Introvert Intuitive Feeling Judgemental. I like to make friends and socialize with people I enjoy spending time with, but I also like to have my own alone time too.

Whether someone’s an extrovert or an introvert, all personality types are created uniquely and with love by God. Sometimes, it can be tiring to be around a lot of people for a really long time, and Heaven is a place with no more pain. (Rev 21:4), as such, God will not force us to do something we’re not comfortable with, as love does not insist on its own way (1 Cor 13:4-8) and God = love (1 John 4:8).

Thus, I believe that you would be able to be alone, or with friends, new and old, it will be your choice. We have freedom through Christ (Gal 5:1).

a building
οἰκοδομὴν (oikodomēn)
Strong's 3619: Feminine of a compound of oikos and the base of doma; architecture, i.e. a structure; figuratively, confirmation.

Here building is related to “architecture”. So many cultures from around the world have such beautiful architecture! Whether it’s a cabin in the woods or a Victorian style mansion, whatever the building may be, we know it will be upheld by God!

I remember drinking a lot of chamomile tea to help my anxiety when I was younger. I would definitely enjoy drinking a much greater variety of tea though! So a nice picnic or a tea party sounds absolutely wonderful! :D I’m honored that you would invite me my friend! I would love to join you! It will certainly be a fun time to be there with you. You can introduce me to all your friends, and I can show you all mine too! Some of my other friends have talked about playing a tennis match together in Heaven. I’d like to go bird watching up there too!

It is the Gift of God (Rom 6:23) my friend, grace through faith. (Eph 2:8-9). I am a mere humble human messenger. And I feel absolutely wonderful seeing your life so positively affected by the Word of God. I am deeply grateful that the Lord provided this friendship for both of us my friend :D The Bible tells us that God works through coincidences, accidents and chances.

Luke 10:31 And by coincidence a priest was going down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

chance
συγκυρίαν (synkyrian)
Strong's 4795: A coincidence, accident, chance. From a comparative of sun and kureo; concurrence, i.e. Accident.

[So overall, to add my extra commentary here, our housings in Heaven will be protected by God, in terms of architecture, what they look like depends on the architectural style. I imagine some people have preferences or opinions over other people on how they would like their dream house to look. As such, I tell them that their house will be filled with happiness, and it will not cause pain. So the house will be as beautiful as God is beautiful, as wonderful as the Lord’s love to us. And that’s the important part. Because each of us are unique, yet we as believers are each our own temple for the Holy Spirit to dwell and reside in, keeping us safe my friends. Therefore, I bless all of you reading this with the protection of the Lord of Hosts, who is the host to many houses, abodes and lodgings in Heaven :D]
[PSALM 139:8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.]
[Psalm NEB 138:8 The Lord will accomplish His purpose for me. Thy true love, 0 Lord, endures for ever, leave not thy work unfinished.]
[JEREMIAH 31:34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.]
[HABAKKUK 2:14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.]
I fully accept what God inspired tro be written about teh architecture of New Jerusalem.

Revelation 21:10-26

King James Version

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a pragmatic interest as a young man and Adult Bible Teacher, I was curious about the size of the New Jerusalem coming down from heaven to the new earth. And what is a cubit, or stadia, anyway? (how it was measured)

"The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits[a] thick.[b]" - Revelation 21:17 NIV --
Footnote: about 200 feet or about 65 meters --- So, the wall was 144 x 200' = 288' thick)

Wow, those are thick walls. How big is the city itself? Scripture below. And what is a stadia anyway? (how it was measured)
Note: 12,000 stadia is about 1,400 miles, or about 2,200 kilometers. Say what? Scripture below.

Continue reading from verse seventeen to see what it was made of. (precious stones and metals, individual pearls for the four gates)

The city was measured as a cube 1,400 miles, or about 2,200 kilometers in each direction. That's HUGE!
For a bit of context, the continental USA measures 1,650 miles from north to south. Therefore, the base of the New Jerusalem
would occupy the majority of that space. What about the height? (1,400 miles high) It's a cube, remember?

Earth's atmosphere can be divided (called atmospheric stratification) into five main layers: troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, and exosphere.[18] The altitudes of the five layers are as follows:
  • Exosphere: 700 to 10,000 km (440 to 6,200 miles)[19]
  • Thermosphere: 80 to 700 km (50 to 440 miles)[20]
  • Mesosphere: 50 to 80 km (31 to 50 miles)
  • Stratosphere: 12 to 50 km (7 to 31 miles)
  • Troposphere: 0 to 12 km (0 to 7 miles)[21]
Okay. How far would a structure of a 1,400 mile height reach? It would reach the Troposphere.
Quite a view of the stars from there. But you better plan ahead if you want to see them. 1,400 miles to the top.

Revelation 21:15-16 NIV
The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls.
16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it
to be 12,000 stadia[a] in length, and as wide and high as it is long.

Last edited: