Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to all my three persons believer of the Godhead, ponder on those verses,with the question posed in Post #48. tomorrow, maybe we can discuss then in the TRUTH, the LIGHT and the WAY.... :D

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. Jesus is the way, it's not our freedom to followe him in OUR WAY, and especially the way we think... scripture, Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

PICJAG

i can either choose to follow Him my way or the way someone tells me to follow Him. Jesus said if you are seeking the Father you will be lead correctly, i would rather do that than be lead by a group of men.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Well lets see . Would you like the long answer to that question or the short answer .
OH i have time so lets give the long answer . are they good christians . HMM . NO WAY NO HOW THEY FALSE .
Guess i should have just given the short answer , NO .

maybe they should be burned alive for having a different opinion than you.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
They only believe He is a "Son of God" because angels are called "sons of God" and they believe Jesus is the archangel, Michael. Therefore, why should they not call themselves "Michaelists," Michaelist Jews", or some off-brand "Messianic Jews?" Or, why not "Yahweh's Witnesses" since they beat everyone over the head with the importance of saying His name instead of just "God?"

John 20 30-31

30Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

seems to line up with the bible just fine

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
However, there is a difference between the "Son of God", capitalized and implying Jesus is divine as His Father is, and the idea that He is one of many created, lower beings that are known as the "sons of God."
Something like this

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps I did not convey my point properly. To those who believe that Jesus is God, we show deference and honor Him even in small ways, like capitalizing words that refer to Him. However, Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus is God, so when they say He is still the "Son of God" it might as well be lowercase, as it is in Gen. 6:4. The actual capitalizing is not important, it is what meaning the term "Son of God" implies. Therefore, to me, if Jesus is not God and is only the archangel Michael given human form, then why call those who believe in this "Christian" at all?
Are you a JW.... Thats a problem
I wrote a whole post on why Jesus isnt God, has nothing to do with religion, but everything to do with who God is.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Joh_17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

God never sent Himself, He sent His word, and just as prophesied, His Word returned to Him, Christ completing every task given to Him.

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

but teh religious cannot accept that, thats fine wont change ones salvation, just makes men angry.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No He is Gods word. Just as though His word He created this world through His word He gave life to a man, teh first of teh new creation, the spirit of God in us. God never changes therefore He cannot become a man, neither can he be the first of the new creation, How does God put Himself in Himself

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No He is not, My son sounds just like me he came from me, but he isnt me, in fact we dont agree on many things., my ex cant even tell us apart on the phone neither can her sister or anyone else for that matter. The difference is Jesus agrees totally with the father, which is why He says they are one, in completer agreement that is why He went to teh cross, It had to be a man that died it would never have being "legal" for God, He would have to stand against Himself, It is bad enough that men deny God the right to a son ,even to dishonoring teh son by declaring Him to be the father.

His father whom you claim to be your God honours His son, so why is it men cannot.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is said in Scripture the Word was God (Jn. 1:1). Who is the Word made flesh? Jesus. This means Jesus, the Word/Son of God, is also God in the form of flesh.
Of course the word was God, where do you think it came from when you speak are not your words your one, do you not own your words where do you think your words came from, God spoke an the world was created, God spoke and Christ His word became flesh, God did not die on that cross, God cannot forsake Himself.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO christology should have nothing to do determining someone to be a christian, everyone has different opinions on the nature of Jesus and the nature of the Father.
Good Morning Jaybird,

Scripture is not left up to ones individual opinion. Scripture is truth and anyone that teaches opposite of that truth is a false teacher. Anyone who follows those false teachers are following a myth or fable (2 Timothy 4:3-4).

To me @Alvertsky the real question is: Are JW's following the teachings of a false teacher?

To answer your question: If they do not accept Christ as God then they do not accept what Christ taught

Respectfully, Mary

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i can either choose to follow Him my way or the way someone tells me to follow Him. Jesus said if you are seeking the Father you will be lead correctly, i would rather do that than be lead by a group of men.
GINOLJC, to all

I agree, we must be lead by the Spirit of TRUTH, John 16:13 "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

so it's still not your way, nor men way, but the Lord Jesus way. for if you seek the Father, (and I believe you do), YOUR way then it's no better than any other man's way whom you said, "the way someone tells me to follow Him", is no better than theirs. so are you more right than the same men you reject? again, that's like the pot calling the kettle black, when the pot is just as black as the kettle..... see the error now. follow Jesus ... HIS WAY, John 14:5 "Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?" John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

"I am the way, the truth", so your WAY, nor Mine is correct, but the Spirit of TRUTH, which is JESUS, is the right and correct WAY to salvation. it's just that plain and simple.

once more, Proverbs 16:25 "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." see that "s" at the end of "WAYS" there? see, it's not many way(s) to to God, that's a lie, but there are many way(s), to DEATH.... :eek: YIKES!.

so don't be fooled by men or yourself...... understand, 101G don't even trust 101G, I have no confidence in 101G, and I tell you you the truth on that. I am scared of God, and that's good, because, Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." until we all get to at point in our lives to surrender to God, (not our way, nor men way(s), but his, the Lord Jesus WAY, we all are just blowing in the wind.

PICJAG

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if they teach no Christmas as a community rule for their own church, i dont see that as a problem. if they teach Christmas is a sin and people like you and me are sinners if we celebrate, thats a different thing.

you said their growth was small. i have visited lots of churches, i have found, IMO, the smaller churches have a more pure message, the bigger churches say what people want to hear to gain membership. i like the smaller churches and preachers not afraid to say it like it is.

i thought you already judged them:

isnt this you saying they are Christians but they are wrong?

i dont agree with some of their stuff but im not gonna call them wrong, i think all groups should be free to follow Jesus in whatever way they think is the best.
Christmas - to JWs it would be sinful, practicing paganism, not allowed. And for violating their rules, you would be shamed, disfellowshipped.

I am not talking sbout the growth in a small church down the street from you. I am talking about their entire organization as compared to the growth rate of Christianity as a whole. In a hundred years, we have grown by 2 billion. Growth as a non-denominational sect - if we were to categorize them as such, is small. Realize that they claim they have the truth, that their way is the only way and the rest of us are wrong. I believe they increase in numbers more from indoctrinating their children. 8.5 million after hundred years is small.

About judging -
I may convict people or groups of false doctrines, but I don't judge them. If you get convicted of a crime, you aren't judged until you go to court and receive judgment. God is the judge.
I just have been telling you what they believe and what they don't. I can say it's wrong and that is an opinion and a conviction, not a judgment. A penalty follows judgment. Personally for my life, I make judgment calls whether to go to one church or another. How am I penalizing them? It is more of a personal choice and preference.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
However, there is a difference between the "Son of God", capitalized and implying Jesus is divine as His Father is, and the idea that He is one of many created, lower beings that are known as the "sons of God."
The big G and S do not exist in any original text, that's just the work of translators

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to all the believers who want to convict all the JW, of false doctrine, ok, but what about your false doctrine(s)? many of you who rush to convict other ..... "christians", well do not get to comfortable in YOUR convictions.

I see many, (of the three persons Godhead believers), avoided my question in Post #48, well sweat no more, for I will tell you why. if it's the Father who sits on the Throne in Revelation 4:11 then you have a BIG problem, and here it is. "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

now to anyone who may have this answer,...... please post the book, the chapter, verse, and the name of the PERSON who is more powerful than the Father to "give" him POWER..... that name please? for if it's the Father who sits on the throne, then who is more powerful than the almighty Father who CREATED ALL THINGS. see your dilemma now, that's why some didn't answer, because they know there is no one more powerful than the CREATOR.

so now you who believe in a three person Godhead, you have another dilemma now. because he who sits on the throne, is the CREATOR of ALL THINGS, and he didn't recieve any power from anyone, because he has it all.

now, to all my pots, I means three persons believers, out there who want to explain who sits on the Throne. the floor is yours, cain't wait to hear these answers.

PICJAG

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Good Morning Jaybird,

Scripture is not left up to ones individual opinion. Scripture is truth and anyone that teaches opposite of that truth is a false teacher. Anyone who follows those false teachers are following a myth or fable (2 Timothy 4:3-4).

To me @Alvertsky the real question is: Are JW's following the teachings of a false teacher?

To answer your question: If they do not accept Christ as God then they do not accept what Christ taught

Respectfully, Mary
Good morning MM
When a group such as a church made up of men decides how a scripture is interpreted, isent that individual opinion.
What gives one group authority over another?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning MM
When a group such as a church made up of men decides how a scripture is interpreted, isent that individual opinion.
What gives one group authority over another?
2 Peter 1:20

PICJAG

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Christmas - to JWs it would be sinful, practicing paganism, not allowed. And for violating their rules, you would be shamed, disfellowshipped.

I am not talking sbout the growth in a small church down the street from you. I am talking about their entire organization as compared to the growth rate of Christianity as a whole. In a hundred years, we have grown by 2 billion. Growth as a non-denominational sect - if we were to categorize them as such, is small. Realize that they claim they have the truth, that their way is the only way and the rest of us are wrong. I believe they increase in numbers more from indoctrinating their children. 8.5 million after hundred years is small.

About judging -
I may convict people or groups of false doctrines, but I don't judge them. If you get convicted of a crime, you aren't judged until you go to court and receive judgment. God is the judge.
I just have been telling you what they believe and what they don't. I can say it's wrong and that is an opinion and a conviction, not a judgment. A penalty follows judgment. Personally for my life, I make judgment calls whether to go to one church or another. How am I penalizing them? It is more of a personal choice and preference.
One could sell their soul to the devil for some good growth, I don't see growth as always a good thing, but on the other hand the more Jesus taught the more the crowds grew, so you do make a good point.
I respect the JWs position on pagon practice, IMO they are only trying to get back to the roots of the faith before pagon rome got involved. I don't see a problem with that. I celebrate Christmas I have no idea if it's really when Jesus was born, but that's the day I chose to honor His birth.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One could sell their soul to the devil for some good growth, I don't see growth as always a good thing, but on the other hand the more Jesus taught the more the crowds grew, so you do make a good point.
I respect the JWs position on pagon practice, IMO they are only trying to get back to the roots of the faith before pagon rome got involved. I don't see a problem with that. I celebrate Christmas I have no idea if it's really when Jesus was born, but that's the day I chose to honor His birth.
one keep forgetting one thing, in Christ Jesus all things are under your feet, "the supremacy of Christ". which is our freedom in christ. but mind you in any freedom comes responsibilities. listen 1 Corinthians 6:12 "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any."

all things are lawful in christ, so one can celebrate any holiday you want, but if a holiday casuse you improper or immoral behavor, then cut it off. as well said again by the apostle, 1 Corinthians 10:23 "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not."

if it don't edify, or cause harm to someone else, as a christian in Christ, you're above that, and if need be, suffer not to offend your brother...... as possibly as you can.

see in Christ Jesus the Spirit will lead you, scripture, Romans 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." it's just that simple...

this is what I been saying scripture with the Holy Spirit as teacher will guide all of us in the right and correct way.

PICJAG

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MY neighbor says yes they are, however he as a Jehovah does not believe that Jesus is the son of God. Now I do not care what he believes, however I fail to see how a Christian would not accept and acknowledge the risen Christ.

Not trying to flame any JW's but Catholics, Baptist, Protestants and every other Christian denomination that I know all see Christ as the son of God

So. Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?
Technically, they skipped Acts 2:38, disqualifying them as 1st century Christians.

But the modern term "Christian" for Acts skippers is used broadly.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 got a lot more than just JW.... :eek: because with all these demoninations and not one can agree on one thing, then it's a lot more JW in here than you think, if they are the only one's disqualified of Acts 2:38. well it's a lots more... :p

as i said, argue with the scriptures, and not each other. if what one says or believes, if it's true the scriptures will support it, if not ?????? :(

Matthew 12:36 "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."Matthew 12:37 "For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

PICJAG