Are Mormons Christians? (Latter Day Saints)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel sorry for you.
Sorry you were unable to really dictate exactly why, it’s okay. I’m thankful for the victory of the Lord Jesus over all things and thankful that it’s God who will judge the heart of people, and he knows those who are his… despite disposition… many people are so closed up into religious ways all they can do is condemn other individuals…

“Because they have some offset doctrines yet believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Yeshua.”

Are they unable to go to God? Some say? Yes. That’s a very common judgment on them even with some saying they are destined to go straight to hell and burn forever.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we will see Him as He is. And yet, we will not graduate to become gods. There is no god besides THE GOD.
While I certainly agree with you, there are also things which I do not understand completely. Our God certainly does. Consider also this:

Joh 17:11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jas 5:16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Jesus was/is certainly not less than a righteous man. His fervent prayers would and do pave or make the Way for others [us] to follow him and be one with both Jesus and his Father. That does not makes us "gods" but it may leave us to wonder... how much like God we can be?

Lu 1:80And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his showing unto Israel.
Jesus grew and we are to be growing more like him. With God there is no limit but with us the limit might be our own doubts and hesitations... like Peter, looking down and beginning to sink after walking on water. Can we walk on water? If not, why not?

Give God the glory!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I certainly agree with you, there are also things which I do not understand completely. Our God certainly does. Consider also this:

Joh 17:11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jas 5:16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Jesus was/is certainly not less than a righteous man. His fervent prayers would and do pave or make the Way for others [us] to follow him and be one with both Jesus and his Father. That does not makes us "gods" but it may leave us to wonder... how much like God we can be?

Lu 1:80And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his showing unto Israel.
Jesus grew and we are to be growing more like him. With God there is no limit but with us the limit might be our own doubts and hesitations... like Peter, looking down and beginning to sink after walking on water. Can we walk on water? If not, why not?

Give God the glory!
Yes, all true ...and yet, we will never be God and God was never a man. And although Jesus came in the form or likeness of man, He was pre-existent was and is eternal, without beginning or ending. That will never be the case with us no matter how anyone tries to twist it.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tell us...

You posted

Hosea 13:4
[4]Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.
That scripture is not saying that God came from the land of Egypt. He is referring how that He showed Himself to His people while they were in captivity in the land of Egypt.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Super short answer: contrary to the claims of "anti-cultists", that's not actually part of LDS Christian doctrine. I can go more in-depth to this if you want.

Note: LDS Christians believer that Christ has always been, and He's always been God.
What is your definition of "always"?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it’s ridiculous to judge people in disposition…

And out of respect while people are able to speak and have time with people they can always pull a Bible out and read and share with each other.

Some may see things differently but if we hate them that is a problem, if we believe God hates them do to their “dispositional” beliefs… I believe that is a very wrong way to do about handling helping hear things of in the Bible and let them choose for themselves…

Organizations don’t save people. Organizations don’t change a heart. It’s the Gospel of Christ, the death, burial, and resurrection that does change a life and heart by the spirit God gives them.., even if they are in Jehovah witness or Mormonism organization….

God knows who are his… he knows because they are his and they love… like they are suppose to any don’t condemn other people just cause you don’t like them or agree with them… no one said you had to agree with the organization… it’s a persons individual expressed faith, and the fruits of it which shows love which comes from Yahweh.

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Super short answer: contrary to the claims of "anti-cultists", that's not actually part of LDS Christian doctrine. I can go more in-depth to this if you want.
Could you expand on this please? Id like to genuinely learn more on this as it is the LDS church I'm leaning towards

Reactions: Wrangler

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your definition of "always"?
they are hiding things sister . you ask them about the very beginning of God .
as though he ever had one ,
There is a teaching that teaches that GOD , GOD himself began as a man
i forget the planet he was on etc . Most mormons are covering up the facts of their own religoin and its beginning .
But most denominations are doing the same now . NOW its all become about merging us all to be as one .
ONLY IT SURE aint under GOD or HIS CHRIST . fundamental doctrines of true christanity
as well as fundamental doctrines of the denominations ,
as well as even muslims and etc , ARE NOW All being removed in PART
to MOVE US ALL TO BECOME AS ONE again .
ONLY IT AINT UNDER GOD . its a spirit of a delusion that rather has come forth to merge the FALSE to be as one
they soon will come against the true biblical non conforming christains too . THE false love lie
has been pumped into society , into education , into ALL , ALL , ALL RELIGOINS TOO .
TO MERGE US ALL to be as one . ONLY the lambs of GOD will resist it . THE REST GO RIGHT UNDER ITS DELUISION

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you expand on this please? Id like to genuinely learn more on this as it is the LDS church I'm leaning towards
This guy taught Mormonism for 40 years now and left it for Christ.

Released 2 days ago.

He also realized a lot of damaging things he did, however persisted in seeking truth.

Whatever people do; they need to realize no building saves… and God is much more than the building itself,

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jane_Doe22 do you believe that you were existent as a spirit being before you were in the womb of your mother?
I went over this extensively with Marks yesterday on this very thread, you can go back and read it if you like. I'm out of patience and not going to repeat it.

Super TLDR: I'm not God. If you're going to play the "different Jesus" card not based on my actual view of about God/Jesus, but instead difference on how human ontology, then you can do that. But arguments aren't really "different Jesus" it's "different man".

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy taught Mormonism for 40 years now and left it for Christ.

Released 2 days ago.

He also realized a lot of damaging things he did, however persisted in seeking truth.

Whatever people do; they need to realize no building saves… and God is much more than the building itself,
Yeah, that's not accurate.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they are hiding things sister . you ask them about the very beginning of God .
as though he ever had one ,
There is a teaching that teaches that GOD , GOD himself began as a man
i forget the planet he was on etc . Most mormons are covering up the facts of their own religoin and its beginning .
But most denominations are doing the same now . NOW its all become about merging us all to be as one .
ONLY IT SURE aint under GOD or HIS CHRIST . fundamental doctrines of true christanity
as well as fundamental doctrines of the denominations ,
as well as even muslims and etc , ARE NOW All being removed in PART
to MOVE US ALL TO BECOME AS ONE again .
ONLY IT AINT UNDER GOD . its a spirit of a delusion that rather has come forth to merge the FALSE to be as one
they soon will come against the true biblical non conforming christains too . THE false love lie
has been pumped into society , into education , into ALL , ALL , ALL RELIGOINS TOO .
TO MERGE US ALL to be as one . ONLY the lambs of GOD will resist it . THE REST GO RIGHT UNDER ITS DELUISION
Yes, I know. That's why I'm being very specific with my questions. I grew up with mormon uncle and aunt, and doctors. They all were part of the .....THE .... cult. All of them were handlers within the cult. And they believed that we all were pre-existent as spirits before we entered the womb, and that we can go on to become gods of our own worlds (just like - they believe - God and Jesus did). They had so many anti-biblical doctrines.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jane_Doe22 do you believe that you were existent as a spirit being before you were in the womb of your mother?
ask them about GOD himself . how he began . AS THOUGH HE BEGAN ...........
but anyway i have read their own teachings , YEARS AGO for myself in the library . I nearly fell out of my chair
at some of the things i was reading .
Ask her about joseph smith . Dude put his head INTO A HAT to get certain revelations . ITS WITCHCRAFT .
i read their own stuff .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I know. That's why I'm being very specific with my questions. I grew up with mormon uncle and aunt, and doctors. They all were part of the .....THE .... cult. All of them were handlers within the cult. And they believed that we all were pre-existent as spirits before we entered the womb, and that we can go on to become gods of our own worlds (just like - they believe - God and Jesus did). They had so many anti-biblical doctrines.
Its all tied into the lie about GOD himself too . He began as a man on some planet and ascened up
to become GOD etc . they gonna keep lying to you too sister .
Look most mormons dont even know this stuff , because as i told you
fundamental doctrines are being removed in order to MERGE THE DENOMINATIONS and OTHER RELIGOINS to be as one .
UNDER SATAN . NOT GOD . but they THINK its GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
joy: joy: joy:

Reactions: Marvelloustime