Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you Conclude ALL Protestants are Friends...?
They...divide themselves by Denominations, based on what the members agree with.

Glory to God,
Taken
That is a good question.

They are friends because they all agree that the CC is wrong. Don't friends agree with each other?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestants do not All have the same Doctrines...Their commonality Begins and ends with:
The Lord Gods Church is Built upon Christ, the Cornerstone, Rock Foundation and Head of "His" Church...
That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

Glory to God,
Taken
Sooooo the cornerstone of the Church, a rock foundation if you will, was laid. Nothing was built upon this foundation/cornerstone??? If something was built upon it.....what was it?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you bad-mouth SOME Protestant Churches whose members Are Openly "Honest" about their Preferences and Tolerances of homosexuality.
And Reveal you are Advocating, dishonesty, of members of the c-Church, (acting in Secret) is more Acceptable to you, than Open and Honest.

I find that facinating!

Glory to God,
Taken
Hi taken,

Not sure what you mean by "bad-mouth"??? I appreciate the churches that are open and honest about their beliefs. It helps use Christians identify the wolves amongst the sheep and who the false teachers are.

Mary

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got it....Soooo any Protestant denomination that allows/performs gay marriage are on the fringe? They misinterpreted Scripture??

Who decides that they are wrong in their interpreation? Majority rules??

Curious Mary

I said nothing about their interpretation of Scripture.

Not complicated...
They simply CHANGE their doctrine!

WHO decides?
Not complicated...
Clerics and members of THAT church.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a good question.

They are friends because they all agree that the CC is wrong. Don't friends agree with each other?

While the TITLE given Church MEMBERS who are Not Catholic is Protestant...

The Protest Event, started BY a Catholic ended sometime ago.

I highly doubt Disagreement with Catholicism is a Topic of consideration...I'm going to strongly believe the topic is The Word of God, and their common friendship is based on that...!

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi taken,

Not sure what you mean by "bad-mouth"??? I appreciate the churches that are open and honest about their beliefs. It helps use Christians identify the wolves amongst the sheep and who the false teachers are.

Mary
Bad-mouth - the ALL who are not Catholic are Wolves!

Get it!

Sort like someone saying all who are not Protestant are Wolves...and beware they have many secrets they dishonestly keep hidden or sweep under the rug if revealed.

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo the cornerstone of the Church, a rock foundation if you will, was laid. Nothing was built upon this foundation/cornerstone??? If something was built upon it.....what was it?

Curious Mary

MEMBERS of Christ's Church.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said nothing about their interpretation of Scripture.

Not complicated...
They simply CHANGE their doctrine!

WHO decides?
Not complicated...
Clerics and members of THAT church.
I agree....You didn't say anything about their interpretation of Scripture HOWEVER they all say that Scripture allows it soooooo CLEARLY it is their interpretation.

According to your theory the clerics of THAT church make the decision. As you know the clerics of some protestant churches have interpreted Scripture to mean that gay marriage, ordained gay pastors etc does NOT comply with Scripture. Then some of those clerics break away and disagree with those clerics and start their own church (denomination) saying according to Scripture it is OK!!! Which group of clerics are being guided by the Holy Spirit? The ones that condemn or the ones that condone gay marriage?

Curious mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the TITLE given Church MEMBERS who are Not Catholic is Protestant...

The Protest Event, started BY a Catholic ended sometime ago.

I highly doubt Disagreement with Catholicism is a Topic of consideration...I'm going to strongly believe the topic is The Word of God, and their common friendship is based on that...!
Yes, their common friendship is ALSO based on that....Until they think the other is wrong....but they will always agree the Catholic Church which is their common bond. In other words....everyone is wrong...EXCEPT them!!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bad-mouth - the ALL who are not Catholic are Wolves!

Get it!

Sort like someone saying all who are not Protestant are Wolves...and beware they have many secrets they dishonestly keep hidden or sweep under the rug if revealed.
Oh...I see!!! You and your ilk can refer to the Catholic Church as the horror of Babylon....false teachers...wolves in sheep clothing etc. but if a Catholic calls a Protestant a wolf in sheep's clothing that is bad mouthing???? o_O

Soooo NO....I don't get it!!

What "secrets under the rug"?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree....You didn't say anything about their interpretation of Scripture HOWEVER they all say that Scripture allows it soooooo CLEARLY it is their interpretation.

According to your theory the clerics of THAT church make the decision. As you know the clerics of some protestant churches have interpreted Scripture to mean that gay marriage, ordained gay pastors etc does NOT comply with Scripture. Then some of those clerics break away and disagree with those clerics and start their own church (denomination) saying according to Scripture it is OK!!! Which group of clerics are being guided by the Holy Spirit? The ones that condemn or the ones that condone gay marriage?

Curious mary

Any Converted Individual whose word is in harmony with Gods Word.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are the moody lovers. God can't go against His own holiness. So you are firmly taking a humanistic view of everything and are not seeing this from God's eternal perspective...and the biblical perspective. Without holiness NONE shall see the Lord.

Grace gives us the victory over sin...no effort required. The only effort is to get INTO Christ. ...and this by asking, seeking and knocking. THEN His yoke is easy. IN Christ we walk in HIS strength...not our own. That is the gospel power. Today we have settled on a show of godliness but deny the power of grace.

So then today people think there is a gospel message without the power to overcome all sin. And this is a false gospel.
Seems to me you are talking out both sides of your mouth. Yes, we walk in Christ by his strength and not our own, as I just said. It is his holiness that gets us in, not ours. We have no holiness of our own. Grace is biblical. Seems you are the one denying it's power and claiming we can lose out simply by not trying hard enough to be holy.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh...I see!!! You and your ilk can refer to the Catholic Church as the horror of Babylon....false teachers...wolves in sheep clothing etc. but if a Catholic calls a Protestant a wolf in sheep's clothing that is bad mouthing???? o_O

Soooo NO....I don't get it!!

What "secrets under the rug"?

Particularly, the ones YOU said Catholics sweep under the rug.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@ Taken i guess tags dont work with a space k
And where do you get this idea that most people who identify as Christians won't be kept by God? Do you think God doesn't want to keep his people, who he promised to save if they believe and confess? Is God a moody lover who starts the relationship, and then bails at the first sign of imperfections in his bride?

Why is Paul so confidant that nothing can separate us from Christ's love?
The way is narrow, sure, because Jesus is the way, he is the door, he is the gate, not a million other gods and not reliance on self. Which is the default mode of the human will. Why do many stray away and follow false gods? Because they never really trusted him, so their soil was shallow, and they had no root to sustain them. They weren't connected with the vine because they refused his rest. His yoke is easy, his burden is light. He's not making it hard to remain in him. We make it hard with our self sufficiency.
He's not willing that any perish. They perish because they don't rest in him.
We don't remain in him by gritting our teeth and trying real hard not to sin.
We remain in him by resting on his love which is made perfect in our weakness.
know what "satan's dialectic" is bac?
Or what does eat the manna mean? ty

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You spoke from your own heart implicating Protestants as Wolves....

You were confused as to why I called that bad-mouthing...

I gave you a hypothetical example.

Obviously...you failed to recognize a hypothetical example...and reacted as if you were being called that.

Sorry you failed to understand.

Glory to God,
Taken

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Seems to me you are talking out both sides of your mouth. Yes, we walk in Christ by his strength and not our own, as I just said. It is his holiness that gets us in, not ours. We have no holiness of our own. Grace is biblical. Seems you are the one denying it's power and claiming we can lose out simply by not trying hard enough to be holy.

So you are walking over sin? You are one of the few in our time to walk in the resurrection life like we read about in the bible?

What's it like to be like Christ?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are walking over sin? You are one of the few in our time to walk in the resurrection life like we read about in the bible?

What's it like to be like Christ?
Are you referencing Romans 6:4? I'm not seeing anything about a "few" in there.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Are you following Paul's line of thought all the way through?

1 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.

8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Why is it that Paul has to tell saints how to live? Why is it that he concludes that nothing can separate us from the love of God? Does this not include our sinful flesh? I don't see Paul telling us that God is going to drop us like a hot potato because we are not perfect. Just the opposite. Why does Christ have to intercede for us if we are capable of perfection?

Reactions: marks and Taken