Are the words of Jesus still meant for Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are the words of Jesus still meant for Christians?

• Yes. We are to follow Christ and obey Him.

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Sometimes, where it is convenient. Jesus' words are not to be taken as "gospel."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we are now to follow Paul instead (different dispensation)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible says God laughs at His enemies. And it was Jesus who said to let the dead bury their own dead. My, oh my, you are accusing the Lord Most High of being "hard". It is not me judging, that is always the accusation humanists level at those who speak God's truth. I am merely sharing what the scriptures say....truth. And I don't regard myself as anything; Jesus is all in all. Heaven's perspective is higher than ours. We need to get our minds and emotions and imaginations sanctified.

Yes I agree with your first sentence there.

But the wages of sin is death. Not me saying that, but the word of God. That doesn't downgrade the gospel, it gives us the reason why the gospel was necessary.........the gospel IS God's mercy and righteousness, that whosoever will believe may be saved.

Again, not my word, but God's:

Rom 9:18-29

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

The Lord is not "obligated" to save any. The wonder and great mercy is that any are saved at all!
Again its epi who cannot see . ITS HIS WAYS that are HARD and unattainable .
OUr way is easy and light . FOR OUR WAY IS IN CHRIST ALONE . The great epi needeth to learn this and real fast too .
Real fast . Any man who comes along and omits the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON CHRIST
is a man I WONT BE HEEDING no matter what he tries to teach .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He certainly makes sport of the powers and principalities that fell. It's not all about us. And what you don't seem to understand is that those who do not know Christ and have His Spirit are already dead and under the wrath. Through the gospel He gives mankind the opportunity to escape the fate that they already have (which is to die like animals die without the promise of eternal life).

There is also an aspect of God's sovereignty in these matters..... election and being foreknown by God....some vessels He has created for honour and some for dishonour, and who are we the created to accuse and argue with our creator who has the right to do with each vessel what He wills. Your argument is human and man-centred...it is flesh sympathizing with flesh, rather than having God's perspective and humbly acknowledging His supremacy and right.
Epi may as well say GET THE HECK OUT OF MY WAY JESUS , we nor man NEED TO BELIEVE ON YOU
we can do this without faith in YOU , having to believe in you . Epi is storing up wrath against himself upon the day of wrath .
AS i said above , I DO NOT care what any man who tries to say THERE IS NO NEED TO BELEIVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
no matter what they try and say . Satan himself authored that lie . now visualize this .
HAS GOD really said .................................
NAY nay sayeth the serpent YE do not need to beleive on THE CHRIST . YE shall not die . Ye shall not perish .
AS YOU probably already well know , THIS LAMB WONT BE HEEDING that .
We preach CHRIST and HIM crucified . now raise those hands and let all that has breath praise the LORD .
One thing is for sure and for certain . Satan will always create many ways to GOD , as a spider spins its web .
But rest assured none of those ways will EVER LEAD ONE TO GOD .
THERE IS ONE WAY TO GOD . And folks BETTER BELIEVE IN HIM . HIS NAME , CHRIST JESUS .

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The age of restoration...or the Millenium rule of Christ and His saints over the world...will reveal the deep seated rebellion in the hearts of men...once the devil is allowed to influence the world once again.
From that perspective, it's interesting that the Great Tribulation is considered to be worse than the Millennium.
Two and a half years compared to a thousand? Wow.

Oh wait... Satan is not released until the end of the Millennium. - LOL

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The scripture in Philippians 2 says that though He was in the form of God He did not consider equality with God something to be grasped but took on Himself the form of a servant. He willingly subjected Himself to the Father and His will, thus setting the example for we who were made in the image of God: "Nevertheless, not my will but thine be done."

All authority in heaven and earth was given to Him. And those same passages in Philippians go on to indicate that He has all the stature of God now, ever since His resurrection and ascension to heaven. These things are hard to fathom.

Unchecked Copy Box
Phl 2:9
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
Unchecked Copy Box
Phl 2:10
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Unchecked Copy Box
Phl 2:11
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Your words, not so subtlely, fly in the face of what was so beautifully understood by the author on the Hierarchy of the GodHead. If we had an inkling of the depth of "Nevertheless, not my will but thine be done" in Jesus' love and surrender to His Father's will, with sublime Meekness emanating from Him on the cross, I/we would not so glibly quote scripture but desire Him and His interests above all. Or at least recognize and hear what God is saying to us through His established servant/authority in the Church, whose beat of his own heart after God can be heard. Before it's too late.

Learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly of heart...

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your words, not so subtlety, fly in the face of what was so beautifully understood by the author on the Hierarchy of the GodHead. If we had an inkling of the depth of "Nevertheless, not my will but thine be done" in Jesus' love and surrender to His Father's will, with sublime Meekness emanating from Him on the cross, I/we would not so glibly quote scripture but desire Him and His interests above all. Or at least recognize and hear what God is saying to us through His established servant/authority in the Church, whose beat of his own heart after God can be heard. Before it's too late.

Learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly of heart...
Epi's words struck me as flying in the face of and diminishing Who Jesus Christ was and is. What I notice about Epi is that he likes to preach His own words and avoids bringing and expounding God's word, nor does he even address what the scriptures are saying that people bring. Whenever anyone brings God's word that refutes what Epi is saying they are not rewarded with any kind of explanation, just name calling and rebukes. But the Bereans were commended for searching the scrips to see if what was being taught was so.

Jesus walked in perfect submission to the Father when He was on the earth but it didn't diminish His stature one iota. On the contrary His meekness and humility showed us those aspects of the Father. (But don't forget we also saw His anger at times and He rebuked those who needed it.) Stature in the kingdom of heaven doesn't look the same as carnal man's idea of it.

Jhn 14:7-9

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Heb 1:3

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven

Jhn 17:1-6

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible says God laughs at His enemies. And it was Jesus who said to let the dead bury their own dead. My, oh my, you are accusing the Lord Most High of being "hard". It is not me judging, that is always the accusation humanists level at those who speak God's truth. I am merely sharing what the scriptures say....truth. And I don't regard myself as anything; Jesus is all in all. Heaven's perspective is higher than ours. We need to get our minds and emotions and imaginations sanctified.

Yes I agree with your first sentence there.

But the wages of sin is death. Not me saying that, but the word of God. That doesn't downgrade the gospel, it gives us the reason why the gospel was necessary.........the gospel IS God's mercy and righteousness, that whosoever will believe may be saved.

Again, not my word, but God's:

Rom 9:18-29

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

The Lord is not "obligated" to save any. The wonder and great mercy is that any are saved at all!
In line with this I just want to say the following. We had better know Who God is and what we are by comparison. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The good news though, is that when we realize Who He is, His sovereignty, His rule, His power over all, then we can humbly approach Him to intercede and ask Him to intervene, because He is the one who is above all and has the power to. It is well worth remembering that it is written that "Jesus was heard in that He feared." The fear of the Lord is giving God His due reverence (because He is a great King and is worthy!) and that is a key to having the favour of God and having Him hear our prayers.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Epi's words struck me as flying in the face of and diminishing Who Jesus Christ was and is. What I notice about Epi is that he likes to preach His own words and avoids bringing and expounding God's word, nor does he even address what the scriptures are saying that people bring. Whenever anyone brings God's word that refutes what Epi is saying they are not rewarded with any kind of explanation, just name calling and rebukes. But the Bereans were commended for searching the scrips to see if what was being taught was so.

Jesus walked in perfect submission to the Father when He was on the earth but it didn't diminish His stature one iota. On the contrary His meekness and humility showed us those aspects of the Father. (But don't forget we also saw His anger at times and He rebuked those who needed it.) Stature in the kingdom of heaven doesn't look the same as carnal man's idea of it.

Jhn 14:7-9

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Heb 1:3

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven

Jhn 17:1-6

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

LOL. I post so many verses...that indoctrinated ideologues NEVER consider or study. So much dishonesty. Even when I am explaining things, I use the Bible (without verse numbers) so that self-described bible readers can't discern where that comes from. They say it comes from me since they don't know the SPIRIT behind the scriptures. So you have it backward. You don't recognize my words because you don't know what is behind what you are reading...apart from sermons by religious ideologues. In my book, I have over a thousand scripture references...and the professional reviewers said I have a sound biblical understanding..solid exegesis they said. The amateurish critics found here have no experience with either deep study (original languages) or with spiritual experience of any kind.

Your thinking is backwards. What I see is you diminishing God's mercy to elevate yourself...comparing your "good" behaviour with all the wickedness around you..then justifying yourself for it. Exactly as the Pharisees did.

I answer the verses that you take out of context...you don't have either the Greek or the Hebrew to see where you err.

How am I supposed to counter your indoctrination? I have done a number of short videos. Watch them over and over and you might see some of your religious certainties begin to wear thin.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question was asked:
What does it mean Blessed are the poor in spirit?
The answer given:
Do you understand these things?
Why does Blessed are they that mourn [broken and contrite in heart] follow poor in spirit?
Why does
Blessed are the meek follow mourning?
Why does Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness follow that?
Are you hungry and thirsty for righteousness?

"When those who 'claim to know' lose being poor in spirit, their arrogance is deceit, the blind leading the blind."

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In line with this I just want to say the following. We had better know Who God is and what we are by comparison. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The good news though, is that when we realize Who He is, His sovereignty, His rule, His power over all, then we can humbly approach Him to intercede and ask Him to intervene, because He is the one who is above all and has the power to. It is well worth remembering that it is written that "Jesus was heard in that He feared." The fear of the Lord is giving God His due reverence (because He is a great King and is worthy!) and that is a key to having the favour of God and having Him hear our prayers.
Actually that is out of line with what you are saying...and in line with I am saying. You write about fear but without the fear. You are merely adopting a new lip-service because you read about it. So shallow. Trying to make your position seem biblical. Shameful. Why don't you realize that God sees through your ploys?

I have seen this many times..people will say I'm not speaking the truth..and then slowly begin to adopt what I'm saying as if they came up with it. I deal with human beings...who will lie their way forward .....as SOME slowly are weaned of their lies. Do they see how that happened? No, for them the ways of God remain a mystery.

And I'm fine with that.

My reward is with God...I only expect refuse from the vast majority of those who claim to be "saved." So much dishonesty.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL. I post so many verses...that indoctrinated ideologues NEVER consider or study. So much dishonesty. Even when I am explaining things, I use the Bible (without verse numbers) so that self-described bible readers can't discern where that comes from. They say it comes from me since they don't know the SPIRIT behind the scriptures. So you have it backward. You don't recognize my words because you don't know what is behind what you are reading...apart from sermons by religious ideologues. In my book, I have over a thousand scripture references...and the professional reviewers said I have a sound biblical understanding..solid exegesis they said. The amateurish critics found here have no experience with either deep study (original languages) or with spiritual experience of any kind.

Your thinking is backwards. What I see is you diminishing God's mercy to elevate yourself...comparing your "good" behaviour with all the wickedness around you..then justifying yourself for it. Exactly as the Pharisees did.

I answer the verses that you take out of context...you don't have either the Greek or the Hebrew to see where you err.

How am I supposed to counter your indoctrination? I have done a number of short videos. Watch them over and over and you might see some of your religious certainties begin to wear thin.
YOUR words are void of truth I'm afraid. You teach that Jesus has less stature than the Father.........and yet the whole point of what is being taught in GOD'S word about Jesus is WHO He is, if we have ears to hear it. Oh my.

And as per usual you do not address the scriptures that have been brought, but make it all about defending yourself rather than defending the truth.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually that is out of line with what you are saying...and in line with I am saying. You write about fear but without the fear. You are merely adopting a new lip-service because you read about it. So shallow. Trying to make your position seem biblical. Shameful. Why don't you realize that God sees through your ploys?

I have seen this many times..people will say I'm not speaking the truth..and then slowly begin to adopt what I'm saying as if they came up with it. I deal with human beings...who will lie their way forward .....as SOME slowly are weaned of their lies. Do they see how that happened? No, for them the ways of God remain a mystery.

And I'm fine with that.

My reward is with God...I only expect refuse from the vast majority of those who claim to be "saved." So much dishonesty.
All I see is that you still have no argument for those scrips and it's still all about you.

Reactions: mailmandan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
YOUR words are void of truth I'm afraid. You teach that Jesus has less stature than the Father.........and yet the whole point of what is being taught in GOD'S word about Jesus is WHO He is, if we have ears to hear it. Oh my.

And as per usual you do not address the scriptures that have been brought, but make it all about defending yourself rather than defending the truth.
There is this book called the bible.....(google it) .....that some, including myself, believe is divinely inspired. This book is to be taken much more seriously than any religious scheme that men come up with. Perhaps you didn't get the memo on this.

You have formed religious opinions that fly directly against said bible. Unless you claim to have more authority than the bible you should back down when shown how fully off track your opinions are.

The bible shows us that Jesus is the lesser part of a greater whole. Jesus is NOT the Most High...that's the Father. Jesus is the Son of God..Son of the Most High.

In case you missed the memo...

1. Jesus said. My Father is greater than I am.

2. The Head of Jesus is God just as Christ is the head of a man.,

3. The Most High is the King of the Universe. Jesus was given Jacob as His inheritance. King of the Jews.

4. Jesus has been given MORE authority than He previously had due to His obedience to the Father.

5. Jesus only does what He sees the Father doing. As such Jesus is UNDER Authority...just like the centurion said. (who actually had some faith and not just postured in a religious way)

Just a few examples off the top of my head....

You will find no honest way of throwing out this distinction in the Godhead...just like you will not honestly throw out all the references to there being people called "the righteous."

You will bend and twist as part of your actual man-inspired religion.....which is only very loosely based on the bible. You have no balance or understanding of God's ways unless you put ALL the verses together without ignoring, as in your case, half the scriptures.

The irony here is that you will condemn a righteous person if he breaks one commandment but you don't see yourself as an imposter when you leave out...not just one verse, but half the bible out of your religious theories. How can judgment not be severe?

You have fallen for the OTHER gospel, the great delusion....which is based on self-preservation.

Repent...and read the bible. Open your ears, and your heart, and mind. Otherwise, blatant sinners (honest sinners) are closer to the kingdom than you are.

BTW, you will try to appeal to Jesus' humanity as a way to hide His stature....but the opposite proves true. Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Remember that. The Most High could never become something less than who He is. He is omnipresent...HOW? By His Spirit.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I see is that you still have no argument for those scrips and it's still all about you.
Tribalism on your part.
As if your tribe are the ONLY bearers of truth.
And death to ALL outsiders.

Could we make some room in our tiny worlds to perhaps
allow everyone else to be okay on their journey?

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not that many will understand this. But when God's ways are reduced to ONE standard only....that being the holy standard...and making that the only righteous standard, what happens is mercy is thrown away...much is assumed and presumed, and many are condemned who Christ died for and will have mercy on.

Regeneration is salvation now. Forgiveness now. Grace now. God can have mercy on whoever He wills. Not whoever religious people wills.

That seemingly little glitch will cost many not only their reward...but give them a perpetual shame. Saved yes....but as vessels of dishonour.

I pray that those who have a LITTLE knowledge don't allow a religious racketeering based on the outer man to spoil the sample of grace they have received.

When we reduce God's holiness to what we think we have...and condemn the righteous, God's wrath is on us.

But modern believers don't have any fear of God..no, they're special. :oops:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet...we have the teachings of Jesus in the gospels. When too much emphasis is placed on our ideas of what Jesus did for all men (as per Paul) and not what He meant to say to His own disciples (as per Jesus Himself)...well.. we tend to become self-interested consumers looking for a product for what is interesting to us rather than be servants of God and do what is pleasing to Him.

What do you think?
but if we remove what Jesus did for all men.

and try to replace it with what we think jesus meant when he spoke.

then we fail to get the big picture. and end up falling into the trap of religion.

Reactions: mailmandan