Are You Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MarcyWatson1

Jan 12, 2011
[font="Verdana][size="2"]Hi friends,[/size][/font]

[font="Verdana][size="2"]I am a catholic. From which kind of christianity are you belong? GoodNews will give the complete ideas and thoughts about this. It provides the news related to christianity.[/size][/font]

bigape

May 22, 2008
Good morning Marcy

Nice to talk to you.

Just thought that I would tell you, that according to the Bible, to be a Christian requires a person to be saved(born again).
I brought this up because the only way for anyone to be born again, is to receive God’s free gift of salvation.......
Ephesians 4:7
“But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.”

--------------------------------------------------
The point being made, is that the only way to receive this gift of salvation, is for us not to do ANYTHING to try and save ourselves......
Romans 4:4-5
V.4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
V.5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

God, counts "believing"(trusting Christ), as righteousness. The kind of righteousness that gets us to heaven.
The reason that I have said all of this, is because the religion that the Catholic Church teaches and preaches, is not Christianity, but a “works based salvation”, that does not lead people to true biblical salvation......
Ephesians 2:8-9
V.8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
V.9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

According to Jesus Christ, there are a lot fewer “true Christians”, than all of us realize.....
Matthew 7:13-14
V.13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
V.14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

All of those billions of religious people all over the world(including Catholics), are simply religious, but they are not Christians.
All of this may be a shock to you, but my hope and prayer for you, is that you find that “strait and narrow way”, that leads to eternal life.

Reactions: TexUs

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did it say Christian in the Bible?
I thought a Christian was created as another label by Constantine?
I hate all labels - I love Jesus and follow what He said.
I don't usually even call myself a Christian - but I'm quick to say I love Jesus and my
Divine Holy Father ---then I watch them scatter.

;) Miss Hepburn

Reactions: gregg

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Hi Marcy,

I' n an Anglican, but more specifically an Anglo-Cathlic. If I lived in the USA I would be caleld an Episcopalian.
So I believe most of the thigns Roman Catholics do but disagree about Papal infalability.

Miss Hepburn actually it was much earlier than Constantine's time when the name Christian came about. They got the name in Antioch in the first century. Antioch is in Syria but I think it is probably known by a different name now. Before the word Christian came about , the original Followers of Christ and his Apostles were known as Nazerines because of Nazareth.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Yes, Denominations do not save.
Did it say Christian in the Bible?
I thought a Christian was created as another label by Constantine?
I hate all labels - I love Jesus and follow what He said.
I don't usually even call myself a Christian - but I'm quick to say I love Jesus and my
Divine Holy Father ---then I watch them scatter.

;) Miss Hepburn
Acts 11:26,
For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
[font="Verdana][size="2"]Hi friends,[/size][/font]

[font="Verdana][size="2"]I am a catholic. From which kind of christianity are you belong? GoodNews will give the complete ideas and thoughts about this. It provides the news related to christianity.[/size][/font]

I'm a Christian! I think that's all I need to say....I'm not denominational specific....if they teach the Bible then I call it home!

All of those billions of religious people all over the world(including Catholics), are simply religious, but they are not Christians.
All of this may be a shock to you, but my hope and prayer for you, is that you find that “strait and narrow way”, that leads to eternal life.

As far as Catholicism goes, Bigape has many good points. It's true you need to be wary of anything telling you that salvation can be gained...or be helped along, by works, practices and religion. It can't.
But I do believe that there are still people who call themselves Catholic, who do love Jesus, and are therefore saved. As Protestants we need to be careful. We love Jesus, claimed to be saved, and indeed are....but how many sins do we trip over everyday? We may not hold to papal infallibly, or purgatory, but everyone in their own way falls into religion of a sort. Be it believing that alcohol consumption means you can't be a Christian...or in a very similar vein to the Catholics, there are some of us who work and believe that by being 'good' we can help earn our way to heaven. It wrong, surely, but Jesus is wonderfully gracious and forgiving.
As Christians its our duty to continuously point back to scripture...reminding others not to drift away from what the bible teaches, but we shouldn't forget that its Jesus who unites us. If someone else loves Jesus as I love Jesus, then I call them my fellow Christian, even as I stand for scripture alone, faith and grace alone.