Are You Dead to Self?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I do not follow Calvin/Augustine and the theology you describe. You grossly misunderstand me.

If you think in a Calvinist, or a "cult of the Virgin" member, then you are definitely not reading what im posting, carefully.

Calvin does not teach Paul's Doctrine, and the "Cult of the Virgin" follows Peter, and prays to Mary.

So, both of those are completely and utterly unrelated to my Posts and Threads... @Hepzibah

Reactions: Zao is life

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That teacher is a heretic.
Get rid of his "bible' and all of his commentaries.

He teaches that there were 4 Crosses, and not 3, and he teaches that you dont have the spirit of God in you.

Bullinger is "spiritual poison".

I know you dont want to hear this, but, as im the one you told about Him, then i have only the option to tell you that that teacher is a heretic.
Can you give me some data on how Bullinger teaches the spirit is not in us?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What you posted, is only the VERY beginning of Paul's teaching.. that continues.

He is teaching that to show you that this is the : Hebrews 6:1 type of Christianity.. Its the baby stage. Its the stage of knowing nothing, except what isnt' connected to Salvation, that the baby believer, keeps trying to do.
So, the context of Romans 7, can be found In Philippians 3, and Hebrews 6:1

Dont be that one, Reader.

To grow in God's Grace is not found by repenting.
Its found by working our your Salvation.

How do you do that?

You learn who you have become, as a ""New Creation, in Christ", "seated in Heavenly places"........exactly as God understand this ABOUT ALL = the Born again.
And to get THAT MIND, is what Paul teaches as..>"As many as be PERFECT"... "all of one Mind".

A born again Christian will never lose their place in Heaven, as they exit "in Christ", already.
Hmmm.....think we grow by overcoming little by little......if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I have come to believe that repentance is the best kept secret in Christendom, sadly! It's such an important key. Even in the context of taking communion, we are told to examine ourselves...and that if we would judge ourselves we will not be judged with the world. We're not here to feel good about ourselves. It's just as Hephzibah said above, that many believers think any negative feeling about themselves must be of the devil......that is so wrong and actually hinders us taking more ground. Bible says blessed are you who mourn now for you will be comforted. Weeping for the night, but joy cometh in the morning. It is as we grow that we start to realize how much we are falling short. Feeling good is for babes and young children in the faith who don't yet know the discipline of our heavenly Father. He is a jealous God, jealous to possess every corner of our heart and life.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

1 John 3:9​

King James Version​

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 Peter 1:23
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

New Living Translation
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

English Standard Version
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Berean Standard Bible
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Berean Literal Bible
having been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, by the living and abiding word of God,

King James Bible
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hmmm.....think we grow by overcoming little by little...

The born again, are not to try to overcome by self effort.

As to try to do that, you exist here......Jesus said "Apart from me you can do nothing".

...if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins

"God hath made Jesus to be sin for us, so that we might become the Righteousness of God, in Him".

So, a person who is born again...>(not just water baptized and religious)...has become "THE= Righteousness of God" "In Christ".

There is no sin found in "God's Righteousness" and all the born again have it. = They have BECOME "the Righteousness of God, in Christ".

You should read 1 John 3:9, as that one is for Believers, born again.

Reactions: Zao is life

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hepzibah I see Epi is now attempting to go for another round of punishment it would seem with his recent post to you.

I believe his four points require modification as they are dishonest, deceptive, unscriptural and need more clarify and spiritual sense.

1. The new man is NOT Christ. This new man is our old man or self, transformed, our self being transformed into the image of Christ because of his works of the Cross. Scripture presents the new man as both created by Christ on the cross and being renewed through the believer’s transformation by faith.

The new man is not Christ Himself, but rather the transformed and renewed nature of a believer in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” This verse emphasizes the believer’s new identity in Christ, not Christ’s identity! We can never be exactly as Christ in this life as maybe Epi believes he is the same as Christ?

It is strongly implied that we are covered in Christ for protection and security because a believer is under the covering of Christ’s sacrifice, forgiveness, and redemption. We are no longer under the condemnation of sin and are instead covered by the righteousness of Christ.

An we also share in his literal spirit and of the selected spirit attributes of God (aka the Spirit of God), shared by both us and Christ. This is our new man life blood, as in the one Body of believers, with/in the Son and the Father.

2/3. Not all sinners are declared righteous in the eyes of God. And only in one particular way as I read scripture. Those who are genuinely seeking God with God's spirit of fear can be declared righteous.

Scripture says, righteousness is the perfect holiness of Christ, which is an essential attribute to the character of God. It means “One who is right”. In this sense, only Jesus Christ, who lived a perfect, obedient, and sinless life, can be considered truly righteous.

However, the Bible also teaches that unbelievers can seek God and work righteousness as an expression of seeking God, only. Like Abraham and others.

In the New Testament,

(Act 10:22) And they said: Cornelius a centurion, a righteous man and one that fears God, and who is praised by all the nation of the Jews, was instructed by a holy angel of God to summon you to his house and to hear words from you.

The example of Cornelius, a Roman Centurion, an unbeliever and thus sinner, who feared God and worked righteousness, is often cited as evidence that unbelievers can be considered righteous.

On the other hand, the Bible also teaches that no one can be righteous on their own because of sins. For this reason, God sent His own Son, Jesus Christ, to die on behalf of humankind, and those who believe and place genuine faith in Him will be considered righteous.

So, again as a quick readback, only Jesus Christ is considered righteous in the classical sense, unbelievers can be considered righteous if they fear God and work righteousness as an expression of seeking God. However, this righteousness is not the same as the righteousness of Christ, which is an essential attribute to the character of God.

4. And for Epi's 2 level, one human-derived and the other God-derived on/for righteousness, it is alien to scripture. He is definitely influenced by his own version of salvation and his takeaway of elements within the OT and the Law that are not really there to bring into the NT.

I believe this is at least the 3rd definition of righteousness I read over the years from him. He keep moving the goal posts. He must be still developing his own personal doctrine then...I wish he would be finished soon, so then I can really go to town and redline it all for the sake of scripture, and not myself. It will also serve to improve my reading and interpretation of scripture in the process.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The born again, are not to try to overcome by self effort.

As to try to do that, you exist here......Jesus said "Apart from me you can do nothing".

"God hath made Jesus to be sin for us, so that we might become the Righteousness of God, in Him".

So, a person who is born again...>(not just water baptized and religious)...has become "THE= Righteousness of God" "In Christ".

There is no sin found in "God's Righteousness" and all the born again have it. = They have BECOME "the Righteousness of God, in Christ".

You should read 1 John 3:9, as that one is for Believers, born again.
Yes, from heaven's point of view, I believe. What if that is God declaring the end from the beginning? What if He is calling those things that be not as though they are? There are gracious promises laid up for us in heaven, in the spirit, and now we are in a race striving to apprehend what has been laid up for us, how I see it. In a way, striving to "actualize" what we have received by promise.

I dont' know that my language is perfect in expressing this, but there seems to be balance and counter balance in many things that are written. Seeming contradictions that are only reconciled in the spirit, not with the carnal mind. Our logic just isn't adequate for things that can only be spiritually discerned. And His word is not a dead letter.

I believe God is gracious to accept our self-efforts (as long as our hearts are right) if that is all we can do at the time until we start to grow and begin realizing our best efforts fall short. The gift is acceptable according to what one has, not what one doesn't have (yet). Of Mary Magdalene who poured out her love and gratitude by anointing Jesus with what was probably her most treasured earthly possession..."She hath done what she could."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, from heaven's point of view, I believe.

When we study the NT, and the verses are speaking to us, the CHURCH... = AFTER the Cross is Raised,... (those verses).... and Christ is back in Heaven, then those verses are very specific to "the time of the Gentiles", and Jesus sent Paul to be the "Apostle to the Gentiles".
There is no other, Just Paul.

ALL bible verses found in the NT, have to be seen "In LIGHT of the CROSS"... as do they agree, or do they not seem to agree.
And if they dont seem to agree with God's Eternal GIFT of Salvation, then most of the time, thats a verse written to a JEW, before the Cross was Raised.
So, we dont direct those verses at ourselves as Doctrine.

Now, it can be that a believer, has not come to realize that some NT verses, are not given for/to the Born Again Christian.
And one of the ways we discern this, is to ask.....Is the Apostle PREACHING, or is He TEACHING. ??????

See, im a both of those.. .so, i Preach to unbelievers and i teach Born again Believers, and i don't give them the same message, as it wont FIT both cases..
See that?

Apostles, were preachers sent to UNBELIEVERS.... long before they began to deal with CHRISTians...., and all through the NT, they sometimes still dealt with unbelievers, and so they PREACHED to them about their sin and their unbelief.
For example, Acts 28, is near the end of the Acts of the Apostles, literally about 30 yrs, past Christ's ascension, at least, and Paul is preaching to UNBELIEVERS.....

So, an Apostle is not going to preach about Sin and Unbelief and the Need to Trust in Christ....(Hebrews 6 &10).... to a Born Again Christian, as there is no need.
But they WILL be found preaching to unbelievers, both gentiles and Jews, in the NT.... and they tell them..>"you have sin", "dont reject Jesus".. and "BELIEVE""">...

If Today im preaching to unbelievers about their sin and their Eternity and where they need to CHOOSE to spend it, and they say.."well, i dont believe im a sinner, as i dont believe in that SIN stuff, as that is what Christians talk about, and im not one of those".

Then id say..>"listen, if we say we have no sin, then we deceive ourselves, as certainly you would admit that at some point you have lied or stolen or hated someone and hoped they would die, at least once in your LIFE"..

"well, yeah......i guess so"... "yeah i did"..

So, im not going to be preaching that MESSAGE to a CHRISTian, and neither did John in 1 John 1:9..... Reader.

Our logic just isn't adequate for things that can only be spiritually discerned.

CHRISTianity is completely spiritual.
Its started by the Holy Spirit.
We are born again Spiritually.
The Bible has to be "Spiritually Discerned"..
We are to "walk in the Spirit". ect, ect.
And because so many are NONE OF THAT, and yet they come to forums and pretend to be a "teacher", or they form a denomination.. or build a church...
They write "Christian books'.. .they write "christian commentaries", they post "christian video blogs" and they are no more born again then a Pig in Spain, or a Rooster on Mars..... yet they speak the latest "christianese"... and they are so "spiritual"..
They post rows and rows of "verses" they cut and pasted and dont understand at all.
That is their carnal game of "im playing Gotcha" and i post a lot of verses" = I WIN I WIN.
You win nothing.
You're just carnal and maybe you are saved.. maybe not.

So, the carnal mind is actually unable to relate to anything that is CHRISTian, therefore..... when a person with a carnal mind is trying to explain CHRISTianity on a FOURM, then they talk about.. .SIN, sin, sin, and repentance and more repentance..... and Romans 7... and commandment keeping, and water baptism, and endless suffering as the only way to a "higher walk"...

= Fakirs or they are "fallen from Grace", yet born again.

"She hath done what she could."

I use Mary Mag as a way to teach people who are "Grace confused" and rant about OSAS, how to understand God's Grace, correctly., and what the FRUIT of this understanding does to a TRUE Believer..

So we see Mary M in public, crawling across a floor, on her hands and knees unashamed, to worship the Holy One who caused her to be """"forgiven much"""""'.. and Her Tears were JOYFUL, THANKFUL...WORSHIPFUL......and she dried them with her hair.
And Jesus was smiling, and blessed by it.

And Yet, no Cross yet, so No Born again yet... for Mary Mag.
This is why the NT says she was "FORGIVEN MUCH"....VS.....= "ETERNALLY Forgiven and Made Righteous, and IN Christ".

So, the Born Again Christian, has been forgiven more then "much".. we have been forgiven ALL OUR SIN, forever.

And so, our Heart, .. that is embraced and consumed by that Knowledge of God's Grace,....... wants us to give our life to GOD.. as that is how our tears wash the feet of Holy Jesus THE Lord.

= "here i am Lord, send ME"... "let me serve"... "Im all YOURS"...

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Actually that is not what you are posting..

You were posting the usual... "Romans 7 is Christianity", and notice that Paul could not do what He wanted, and was always doing what He didnt want to do.

See that?
That is a THEOLOGY that is world wide, Forum wide......that is taught by people who have no understanding of The Cross of Christ, because they read in a commentary, Romans 7, created by a Heretic, who deceived them.

They tell you....."""""""See How Paul was messed up.?"""""""""
= """"That will be your Christianity...."you'll sin......repent.....repeat"."""""

That is how heretics abuse Paul's Romans 7, and then try to deceive Christians who are not students of the bible, into believing that they can't live in the END of Paul's Teaching..., that they never read.

Its this..

"CHRIST ALWAYS gives ME, the VICTORY".. over the world, the flesh and the Devil.

So, that does not "sound" like Romans 7, and that is because its the END of Paul's teaching, and most Christians, never get past Romans 7, because that is what their commentary taught them., so they believed this deception, often, till they die.
Yes. Paul closes with the solution

[24 O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.]

to the problem he was identifying

[14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do, I know not. For what I desire, that I do not do; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If then I do that which I do not desire, I consent to the law that it is good.
17 But now it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwells no good thing. For to will is present with me, but how to perform that which is good I do not find.
19 For I do not do the good that I desire; but the evil which I do not will, that I do.
20 But if I do what I do not desire, it is no more I working it out, but sin dwelling in me.
21 I find then a law: when I will to do the right, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man;
23 but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin being in my members.]

Because Paul had already just said,

4 So, my brothers, you also have become dead to the law by the body of Christ so that you should be married to Another, even to Him raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the passions of sin worked in our members through the law to bring forth fruit to death.
6 But now we having been set free from the Law, having died to that in which we were held, so that we serve in newness of spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

"When we were in the flesh" is past-tense.

So Paul was elaborating on the past-tense experience of the believer in Romans 7:14-23 - but (already) "having been set free" is also past-tense, and so Paul closes with repeating the solution that He had already mentioned.

The only thing Paul was teaching us in Romans 7 is that the current and on-going position of the one who is in Christ is to be free from what Paul first describes as the past-tense experience of the believer, and then elaborates on.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Gen 2:7 "God breathed into Adam" the breath of Life..

Adam became a living SOUL
I believe the emphasis is on LIVING rather than on soul, where the word LIVING refers to everlasting life.

And YHVH God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living [Hebrew: chay, Greek: ζῶσαν.] soul [Hebrew: nephesh, Greek: psychḗ].

In the New Testament the word psychḗ is used interchangeably in reference to the life, and the mind, and the soul of an individual | individuals, while at the same time making a clear distinction which is consistent throughout the New Testament between the body [soma] and the soul.

"God created [bara] humankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them,
male and female he created them.

When YHVH God created man, He formed [yatsar] man of the dust of the ground,

and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became [hayah] a living soul."
-- Genesis 1:27; 2:7.

"The Spirit breathes where He desires, and you hear His voice,
but you do not know from where He comes, and where He goes;
so is everyone who is born [γεννάω gennáō] of the Spirit."

"That which is born [gennáō] of the flesh is flesh,
and that which is born [gennáō] of the Spirit is spirit."
-- John 3:8, 6.​

gennáō: to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate:--bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring. [Strongs Greek 01080]

hayah: to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):--beacon, X altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-)self, require, X use. [Srong's Hebrew 1961]

When we are born of the flesh, we are born with a body and soul, but to be born of the Spirit is when we receive everlasting life - so I believe it's noteworthy that going strictly according to the text of Genesis 2:7, the text says that Adam was created. but became a living soul when God breathed the breath of life into him.​

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't comment on the Scripture I refer to. You attack me personally. This the devils did to Jesus. They made it about him saying we are not a bastard child like you, or we know your family, or you have a devil, etc etc. You do the same to me.
It's still all about you Peter!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is one thing to become separated from that life for a while, like a plug which is withdrawn from the socket and the power source (Holy Spirit) is lost for a time, where one remembers very well what walking in the Light consists of, but is not being led by the Spirit. We see this when Peter falls for a while and thinks that Jewish customs need to be kept, or when Paul insists on going up to Jerusalem - slipping into human thinking.
I think Peter said it well, forgetting we've been purged of sins that are past. We get mired in the old mindset, like you've well described.

Much love!

Reactions: Hepzibah

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Short commentary.

The new man is of the new creation, which is God's old creation with the element of God added to it. When we are regenerated, God's life and nature enter us, and we become a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17). This is the beginning of the new man.

My words ,When we are Born Of The Spirit, that new mind blowing Spirit that entered our heart/ spirit, is our new nature, the seed that we were Born Again of, is the Holy Spirit, that is why a Born Again will grow into the image of Jesus, because His seed was planted into our hearts,..which happens to be His Living seed, what an Honour and Privilege that was/ is.

We then start our new walk with the Living Holy Spirit, he teaches us how to become just like Jesus,He starts work in our hearts/ spirit the moment we are Born Again...the road is narrow, extremely hard and we cannot walk it without being Born Of The Spirit.....it’s a spiritual relationship with God via His Spirit, ...we were once children of darkness, we are now children of light, ....God owns us and can use his children as and how he chooses.....Let him lead you, submit to His Living Spirit that indwells us....that takes time to understand and trust Him, the Living Holy Spirit knows exactly how to get us to trust our Father in Heaven.

He will always 100% get our will in line with that of the Father....being in harmony with Gods will is wonderful, but, we have to get to that place of understanding...which trust me the ENEMY will do everything he can to SOW confusion and get you to DOUBT Gods will for your life.

The enemy doesn’t bother with me any more in a certain area of my life,God has shown me the liar that he is, and he will do all he can to steal Gods Glory away from Him,......Enemy !!!...I’m on to you!!!...I see you at work in people doing your will.....using them as your mouth piece!!!!....

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No it's all about the Christ. You make it all about me because you're working for the other side.
Whose working for the other side?...sounds like a military operation... Sorry Peter that made me.

360_F_96570607_UMxlPiHwRCv6cURoNSGLa6GSAPZRRJhm.jpg

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Hepzibah I see Epi is now attempting to go for another round of punishment it would seem with his recent post to you.

I believe his four points require modification as they are dishonest, deceptive, unscriptural and need more clarify and spiritual sense.

1. The new man is NOT Christ. This new man is our old man or self, transformed, our self being transformed into the image of Christ because of his works of the Cross. Scripture presents the new man as both created by Christ on the cross and being renewed through the believer’s transformation by faith.

The new man is not Christ Himself, but rather the transformed and renewed nature of a believer in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” This verse emphasizes the believer’s new identity in Christ, not Christ’s identity! We can never be exactly as Christ in this life as maybe Epi believes he is the same as Christ?

It is strongly implied that we are covered in Christ for protection and security because a believer is under the covering of Christ’s sacrifice, forgiveness, and redemption. We are no longer under the condemnation of sin and are instead covered by the righteousness of Christ.

An we also share in his literal spirit and of the selected spirit attributes of God (aka the Spirit of God), shared by both us and Christ. This is our new man life blood, as in the one Body of believers, with/in the Son and the Father.

2/3. Not all sinners are declared righteous in the eyes of God. And only in one particular way as I read scripture. Those who are genuinely seeking God with God's spirit of fear can be declared righteous.

Scripture says, righteousness is the perfect holiness of Christ, which is an essential attribute to the character of God. It means “One who is right”. In this sense, only Jesus Christ, who lived a perfect, obedient, and sinless life, can be considered truly righteous.

However, the Bible also teaches that unbelievers can seek God and work righteousness as an expression of seeking God, only. Like Abraham and others.

In the New Testament,

(Act 10:22) And they said: Cornelius a centurion, a righteous man and one that fears God, and who is praised by all the nation of the Jews, was instructed by a holy angel of God to summon you to his house and to hear words from you.

The example of Cornelius, a Roman Centurion, an unbeliever and thus sinner, who feared God and worked righteousness, is often cited as evidence that unbelievers can be considered righteous.

On the other hand, the Bible also teaches that no one can be righteous on their own because of sins. For this reason, God sent His own Son, Jesus Christ, to die on behalf of humankind, and those who believe and place genuine faith in Him will be considered righteous.

So, again as a quick readback, only Jesus Christ is considered righteous in the classical sense, unbelievers can be considered righteous if they fear God and work righteousness as an expression of seeking God. However, this righteousness is not the same as the righteousness of Christ, which is an essential attribute to the character of God.

4. And for Epi's 2 level, one human-derived and the other God-derived on/for righteousness, it is alien to scripture. He is definitely influenced by his own version of salvation and his takeaway of elements within the OT and the Law that are not really there to bring into the NT.

I believe this is at least the 3rd definition of righteousness I read over the years from him. He keep moving the goal posts. He must be still developing his own personal doctrine then...I wish he would be finished soon, so then I can really go to town and redline it all for the sake of scripture, and not myself. It will also serve to improve my reading and interpretation of scripture in the process.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks @APAK. My problem with epi is that I want to know where he gets his nouveaux idea on the righteousness of the unsaved from and he refuses to answer which puts an end to discussion. I want to know which other(s) enlightened saints were given the same revelation, as God, does not give to any, every revelation, so that we can function as a body. That person(s) may be able to explain it clearer with scriptural evidence which needs more than one proof text. Otherwise he is saying that he alone has been given this revelation.

1) I agree that the new man is opposed to the old man, who should have gone to the cross and is not Christ. But I see this as a 'nature' and is not the 'self' but will give more thought on it. The ECF said that we cannot share in the essence of God but can share in His energies and therefore the holiness, not just as a covering but as a reality.

"Acts 10:44While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word."

I understand this to mean that Cornelius and his friends were then baptized in the Spirit so were already believers. If Cornelius was indeed an unbeliever, we need further scriptural confirmation on the issue. He heard God and angels.

I think that some confusion is caused by those in OT times called righteous, were considered so after repenting of their sins, such as David was considered righteous after he was opposed (thou art that man) not while he was sinning.

It is a subject I admit that I have not gone into deeply before now and appreciate any further thoughts.

Reactions: APAK

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again has revelation ( heart revelation) how else would they know that they are Born Again, without the Spirit witnessing Gods truth to their spirit as he’s indwelling them.

The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children....he speaks to our spirit as he’s indwelling His child, via His Spirit.

Without the Living witness , the Holy Spirit in your heart/ spirit...you have nothing....you know that in one’s heart, you can read it, but we need that Spiritual life that brings our spirit Alive....that is what backs up Gods written word.

The Living Spiritual rebirth......then only then are we Born Again ,all backed up by the written word.

I’ve also been given heart revelation in an area of my life, it’s all coming to fruition just as God had planned it to, NOTHING can stop the will of God...my testimony and belief.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Ritajanice I was not talking about blessed assurance but of all of the truth which He reveals and which we are to confirm by scripture.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Ritajanice I was not talking about blessed assurance but of all of the truth which He reveals and which we are to confirm by scripture.
I’m not sure what you mean?

Do you mean all the truth he reveals to your heart via His Spirit, then you check it out with his written word?