Are You Free From The Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And their righteousness was as filthy rags, Unless they accepted Christ and repented. They will be lost forever

Jesus was trying to tell them how impossible it is to earn our right to heaven, by telling them, If you want to earn your entrance, you have to be more righteous than these people, because even their righteousness was not enough
Amen! I'm sure that statement from Jesus in Matthew 5:20 came as a shock to the multitude of people who greatly admired the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, for their knowledge of the law and seeming righteousness and holiness in external observance of the law, yet Jesus points out their righteousness was defective. The righteousness that exceeds the "righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees" (self righteousness) is the righteousness of God which is from God by faith.

Philippians 3:9 - and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, therighteousness which is from God by faith.

Romans 3:21 - But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22
even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference.

Romans 4:5 - But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works.

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, you offer sacrifices at the temple? You stone people? You never trim your sideburns or beard?

Matthew 5:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

As Yeshua/Jesus teaches, every tittle of the Law must be accomplished.

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being a disciple of Jesus means following the Saviour of the World and His teaching, not Moses or his teaching.
Moses never entered the promised land and the devil fought for his body, depart from him.

Did Yeshua/Jesus practice the Law of Moses? If yes, than to be a Real Disciple you must follow Yeshua/Jesus and practice the Law of Moses.

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"True discipleship" saving a person from their sins? How does that equate to "By grace are we saved through faith, not of ourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works lest any should boast"?

I'm not doubting your faith, but just wanting clarification.

Does Faith exist where there is no Law?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is the Body of Messiah/Christ a Jewish Body?
Yes, and they killed him, he was one of their own, the Son of the true God who they rejected. They followed idols and the prophets of idols instead, sacrificing young children to molec, burnt to death while still alive.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did Yeshua/Jesus practice the Law of Moses? If yes, than to be a Real Disciple you must follow Yeshua/Jesus and practice the Law of Moses.
Jesus went through the motions of keeping the law, which he was soon to end, otherwise he would not have been allowed to teach in the Temple, where he explained the error of their ways, and taught from the Torah, saying to follow Him.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you mean that, if a person continues to sin that he will be judged by the Law. If so, that's wrong, for a Christian is under grace.
That my friend has to be one of the most dangerous beliefs in Christendom. Those people listed in one of the final books in Revelation, the ones left outside the kingdom... The liars, murderers, slavers, adulterers etc... You really think that they will be condemned, unless they are Christian? Seriously? I would really like to know your definition of what it means to be "Christian'.

No one can ever achieve a perfect sinless life here on earth...
On your own in your own strength, correct. But you underestimate the power of God.
But the difference will be that because we put our faith and trust in the finished work of Jesus on Calvary, our debt to sin has been paid by Him, and He has taken God's wrath, and the penalty for our sin on Himself.
But Jesus did not finish His work at Calvary did He? Certainly He finished one aspect of His work, but what if His work as High Priest which began after His ascension? What affect in the lives of His followers do you think Christ has in His ministry as Mediator... Intercessor... Deliverer... Exemplar.... Provider... Physician... Sanctifier?
lSo ong as His people are still here on Earth, so will we need His help... His strength... His direction... His encouragement... His gifts... His Spirit. No, His work is not yet finished.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

As Yeshua/Jesus teaches, every tittle of the Law must be accomplished.
Answer the questions, please.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be a Disciple you must follow Yeshua/Jesus by fulfilling the Law.
But you can't. The sacrificial system no longer exists.
Plus, we are told numerous times in scripture that we can not be saved by the law, but only by faith in Yeshua. Paul goes so far as to say that being under the law is being cursed.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Brakelite2 I absolutely do not underestimate the power of God to cleanse us and deliver from the bondage of sin.
My scripture I base my belief on is Philippians 1:6
“Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:”
— Philippians 1:6 (KJV)
I know that He is the one who is perfecting me.
God Bless

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Of course He did He was a jew, I never was or will be.

Are you a jew?

A lot of Jews are not Jews at all. Why? Because they reject the King of the Jews. If you accept Jesus as the King of
the Jews, you become a spiritual Jew in God's eyes. Judah means praise. So we begin to praise the Lord Jesus and
it qualifies us to be a spiritual Jew. Romans 2:28-29 says,

28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly; neither is
circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision
is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter;
and his praise is not from men, but from God.

You become God's chosen person! Wow!

Logabe

Reactions: Cooper

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm only presenting an opportunity, if God gave these laws to His choose people ( most for their health ) I'd say they're beneficial.
Yes, they are beneficial, kinda like going to the gym is, but not a prerequisite of salvation per John 3:5, Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38 etc.

Reactions: Cooper

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That my friend has to be one of the most dangerous beliefs in Christendom. Those people listed in one of the final books in Revelation, the ones left outside the kingdom... The liars, murderers, slavers, adulterers etc... You really think that they will be condemned, unless they are Christian? Seriously? I would really like to know your definition of what it means to be "Christian'.

Christian in name. or in practice?

People are christian in name because they CLAIM to follow christ yet not all are truly children of God

People are christian in practice who have placed their faith in the name of Christ, and live their lives based on their position in Christ.

On your own in your own strength, correct. But you underestimate the power of God.
We understand the power of Christ, We also understand the power of our flesh. As Paul did, And are not going to be so proud we think we do not sin. God does not force us to go against our will. And as John cleary said, if we say we have no sin, we are deceived.

The worse thing any believer can do is be decieved into thinking he is something he is not

But Jesus did not finish His work at Calvary did He?

He said it is finished, Literally, Paid in full. So yes, He finished and completed the plan of salvation.

Certainly He finished one aspect of His work, but what if His work as High Priest which began after His ascension? What affect in the lives of His followers do you think Christ has in His ministry as Mediator... Intercessor... Deliverer... Exemplar.... Provider... Physician... Sanctifier?
lSo ong as His people are still here on Earth, so will we need His help... His strength... His direction... His encouragement... His gifts... His Spirit. No, His work is not yet finished.

yes, He mediates for us, He does all those things, For his children.

He does non of those things to non believers.. if your not his children, you do not have access to these works of Jesus,

How do we become his children? As John said, we are given the power to become Gods child by believing in him.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of Jews are not Jews at all. Why? Because they reject the King of the Jews. If you accept Jesus as the King of
the Jews, you become a spiritual Jew in God's eyes. Judah means praise. So we begin to praise the Lord Jesus and
it qualifies us to be a spiritual Jew. Romans 2:28-29 says,

28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly; neither is
circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision
is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter;
and his praise is not from men, but from God.

You become God's chosen person! Wow!

Logabe

Too much hype on the word Jew.

The actual Greek manuscript word means a 'Judean', one who lives in the land of Judea. Paul is in reality referring to God's concept of Israel, and not to just one certain tribe called Judah.

God's Word about His splitting old Israel into two kingdoms and their history just ain't taught in most Churches today. The majority of my Christian brethren obviously just cannot handle that history, and get mixed up.

Firstly, the name Israel I'm going to talk about here is not in a national sense. I'm not talking about the nation of Israel concept or the land. I'm speaking in the sense of God's Salvation Plan through His Son Jesus Christ that was ordained from the foundation of the world.

The Salvation Promise name through Christ is actually the word 'Israel'. I'm not speaking of the nation of Israel either; I'm speaking of God's concept for the name 'Israel' that He gave in blessing to Jacob. The name Israel means 'to prevail with God's help'. That's what Jacob did, he prevailed with The Angel of The LORD and received the new name Israel as a blessing (Genesis 32).

So the original meaning of the name Israel was always about God's Promised Salvation first, and He gave it to Jacob to represent it. Do you think that had connection with The New Covenant, The Gospel of Jesus Christ? Yes!

This is why Apostle Paul said in Romans 9 that those on the Promise are 'counted' for the seed of Israel, not those born of the nation of Israel by the flesh. That means to be rightly called Israel, it ultimately depends on one's belief on Christ Jesus per God's Salvation Plan. That's the Promise by Faith first given through Abraham. It continued to Isaac, and then to Jacob.

Thus the name 'Israel' was just a later label which God gave for the Promise by Faith which Abraham believed and God counted to Abraham as righteousness. This is really the idea Apostle Paul was talking about in the Romans 2:28 Scripture.

And then in Genesis 35, God told Jacob that He would make of his seed 'a nation', and 'a company of nations'. We well know about the 'nation' of Israel, but what "company of nations"?

Gen 35:10-11
10 And God said unto him, "Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name": and He called his name Israel.

11 And God said unto him, "I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins";
KJV

That "company of nations" would later apply to Christ's Church once He was rejected by the Jews in Judea, and The Gospel instead would go to the Gentiles and they would believe. That's us, Christ's Church today, in all lands. We are those "company of nations" in the Promise by Faith first given through Abraham and that then went to Isaac, and then to Jacob who would be re-named ISRAEL.

Thus Christ's Church = spiritual ISRAEL, and it includes many of the literal seed of Jacob too, mainly of the 12 scattered tribes abroad, the ones Apostle James addressed his Epistle to.

Therefore, we should never... make the mistake of thinking Paul meant just the tribe of Judah who are called Jews. What Paul was pointing to is much, much bigger than that.