Are you Rapture (Catching Up) Ready?? Beware!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DAY or HOUR, DAY OR HOUR! -- Why do people butcher Scripture?!? And exactly who is the SOURCE for abusing Scripture, -- it ain't Jesus, so it must be the other guy.

Nothing to see, move along ...
Bobby Jo

Humm...

Mark 13:5
[5] And Jesus answering them began to say...

Mark 13:32
[32] But of that day and that hour knoweth no man...

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy,

You are correct, but I've tried to get this person to not make assertions/opinions but engage in reasonable, Bible-based discussion. Seems as though that's not possible with this person.

If I can't get anywhere with Scripture, I'll back out of the thread. I do writing for publication and I'm working on an article now. So, my time will be well spent.

Oz

Yes, wasting time on this thread. Scripture is the basis of what we believe and why otherwise it's opinion or someone parroting what they heard from these "teachers"...
I hope your article goes well!

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All babies that die will be in heaven!!!

I am aware of that.

I was not asking about dead babies.

The question was about christening/baptism of babies....being the method for a baby person to RECEIVE Salvation.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been thinking about this lately. Is their not a difference between God's wrath and Satan's persecution? God seals His saints before His full wrath comes upon this world, but should we not build our faith as much as possible in case there in not a pre-trib rapture?
Read about Stephen, a young man, who loved God and died looking up even as the stones killed his body of flesh. God is no respecter of persons!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read about Stephen, a young man, who loved God and died looking up even as the stones killed his body of flesh. God is no respecter of persons!

Luke 21:36 Jesus tells believers ==Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Reactions: friend of

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 21:36 Jesus tells believers ==Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
Whether there is or there is not such a thing as a rapturous catch away, should not be a cause of concern for any who are on the Lord's side now. Today is the day to rejoice and be glad in Him in every moment and to love Him as He loves us. Today and right now is the time be with Him always. Has not unending Life already begun for everyone who really believes?

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:26

Reactions: Giuliano

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Com'in 'round the mountain"? "Row, row, row you boat"? -- I have NO IDEA what you humming about.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
Bobby Jo

That's too bad...
... you make a snarky challenge to reference the hour of Jesus' return and then are dumbfounded when it is shown you in Scripture, out of Jesus' OWN mouth.

Perhaps it would be a good idea, as you elaborated, for you to not waste your time here and instead go spend time with your "stuff".

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... you make a snarky challenge ....

Ok, for the umpteenth time:

1 Thess. 5

It's REALLY not about IGNORANCE. It's simply because they IGNORE. :b

And ... Scripture does not contradict Scripture.
Bobby Jo

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that reject and fight against the rpture (catching up) need not worry as they will be left behind!!!
Oh I thought it was belief in Christ that saved you, not belief in the rapture. And since most Christians through history didn't believe in a rapture, are they gonna be left behind with the unsaved?

Reactions: OzSpen and Giuliano

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, for the umpteenth time:

1 Thess. 5

It's REALLY not about IGNORANCE. It's simply because they IGNORE. :b

And ... Scripture does not contradict Scripture.
Bobby Jo

Dude - there is no umpteenth time!
I made mention of the hour...
You piped in with a snarky remark.
I gave a Scriptural reference to my comment.

Ha...could you be more VAGUE...(1Thes 5 )

Are you implying...the whole chapter (5 of 1 Thes ) is conflict with...

(Mark 13:32
[32] But of that day and that hour knoweth no man...)

...Because your half-baked gibberish is irrelevant to me.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bottomline=Do you believe God's inspired eternal Word or satan's deceptions and lies??

Bottom line is: Do you want to engage with us in a discussion of eschatology (of which the Rapture is one theme) or do you want to impose your interpretation on the Rapture text and call it belief in 'God's inspired eternal Word or satan's deceptions and lies'.

I find that to be an arrogant statement.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe christined/baptized babies are Saved?

Glory to God,
Taken
The age of accountability is 7...when you are able to know right from wrong. How can a baby either receive Jesus or deny Him at that age? You ask a ridiculous question and seem to be carnally minded rather than spiritual minded. Remember the carnal mind is enmity against God.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude - there is no umpteenth time!

I have REPEATEDLY cited 1 Thess. 5 which states that the W O R L D will be caught unaware; but the Church will know when Jesus will return. But I guess you're so deeply entrenched in the world, -- YOU HAVE NO CLUE.

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

So please be pleasantly SURPRISED! :)
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The age of accountability is 7...

Ummmmmmm, I thought that according to Jewish custom (Bar Mitzvah) the age was 13:

Where do I find the age of accountability in the Bible? | GotQuestions.org
Thirteen is the most common age suggested for the age of accountability, based on the Jewish custom that a child becomes an adult at the age of 13. However, the Bible gives no direct support to the age of 13 always being the age of accountability. It likely varies from child to child.

WVBR (With Very Best Regards),
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line is: Do you want to engage with us in a discussion of eschatology (of which the Rapture is one theme) or do you want to impose your interpretation on the Rapture text and call it belief in 'God's inspired eternal Word or satan's deceptions and lies'.

I find that to be an arrogant statement.

Hey OS,
Most promote their religious indoctrination as FACT, and refuse to discuss what Scripture actually presents. Of course, I present what Scripture presents in light of the misunderstood verses, typical of:

1 Thess. 4:15 For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.

... where Jesus will Return to rule and reign for the thousand years; where at the end of the thousand years the dead are raised; and then those who are alive and remain shall ascend to the New Jerusalem to be with the LORD forever in the air, -- which agrees with the Rev. 20 sequence.

But some people are fooled/deceived/blinded by a false doctrine, as I once was.
Bobby Jo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmmm, I thought that according to Jewish custom (Bar Mitzvah) the age was 13:

Where do I find the age of accountability in the Bible? | GotQuestions.org
Thirteen is the most common age suggested for the age of accountability, based on the Jewish custom that a child becomes an adult at the age of 13. However, the Bible gives no direct support to the age of 13 always being the age of accountability. It likely varies from child to child.

WVBR (With Very Best Regards),
Bobby Jo
13 is even better

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey OS,
Most promote their religious indoctrination as FACT, and refuse to discuss what Scripture actually presents. Of course, I present what Scripture presents in light of the misunderstood verses, typical of:

1 Thess. 4:15 For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.

... where Jesus will Return to rule and reign for the thousand years; where at the end of the thousand years the dead are raised; and then those who are alive and remain shall ascend to the New Jerusalem to be with the LORD forever in the air, -- which agrees with the Rev. 20 sequence.

But some people are fooled/deceived/blinded by a false doctrine, as I once was.
Bobby Jo

The rapture (catching yup) is NOT the same event as the return of Jesus to earth to defeat all evil and to set up His kingdom here!!