Are You Spirit Filled Or Still Filling?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you will never stop your vendetta against God Holy Spirit will you?
You don't miss any opportunity to slight The Holy Sprit and tell people He is of no effect.

Woe on you when you stand before the Lord in all His glory!
I sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes when you see how you have mislead the young in Christ.
Indeed...He is our ADVOCATE and the power of the Living God within us! He brings about the fruits of the Spirit as we allow Him to lead us...Jesus said to His apostles that it is better that He return to the Father because if He did not, then the Advocate would not come. He is JESUS living inside all true believers! Amen my sistah! ♥

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jesus is in me thus I am saved from going to hell. Waiting for Jesus to save me from what is coming on the earth is different.
yes, i understand that those are what we are taught ok, i came to Jesus out of a fear of hell myself; although i would not have put it that way at the time i guess. And if it helps any i can tell you that you can hold on to those beliefs as long as you like, ok, there is no judgement for beliefs, at least that i can find.

But those are not true in the way we have been taught-- "the first to tell his side in court seems right, until another comes and cross examines him,"--and of course any cross questions will be deflected or reasoned away if one is working backwards from a conclusion, same as i would do i guess, but fwiw i could challenge both notions with Scripture vv for the rest of the day ok--if you don't want to listen to God that is.

Bc see i posted 3 posts up there, and you picked that one to reply to, huh. And i even understand why ok, don't get me wrong.
anyway you seem quite gentle hearted, hope i can pick some of that up myself. I'm totally feeling my way herenow, imo you are here to get the knowledge that brings sorrow--for a minute--and i see you're going to do it kicking and screaming, which i also get, so while i bet you're here to get the dialectic thing i wonder in the meantime if you think/believe you can state any Absolute Truth from Scripture?

B

brakelite

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 ¶ I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

We receive the holy Spirit in proportion to the extent we make Him welcome (Behold I stand at the door and knock), and He fills us to the extent we make room for Him. He cannot fill anything that is already filled with something else. And I don't mean we need to empty ourselves, but to die to self, and live unto Him. We give Him the sole rights to occupancy of the throne room of the heart. But so long as we are still calling the shots in any area of our life, we are sitting on a throne thus depriving Him of filling that space.

Reactions: amadeus

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I agree with that. But what I am saying is God did not create us 'for us' He created us for Him. To glorify Him. He wanted Israel not to be like the other nations but be His peculiar special people...He called us to Himself..for Him, not for us. Everything is about Him,it not about us...but somehow it has become " all about us".

You know I am not good at and never have been good expressing myself on paper. So you probably have no clue about what I am trying to say.

I see "Heaven" as back into union with Him..like He gave us a glimpse of ..in Eden...when He " Walked with Adam in the cool of the evening."
Union is what it is all about. Not salvation from hell...although obviously that is apart and parcel of it.

Well, it is about Him since He was the One that saved us from hell. I am not sure how you saw it about us when there is no glory nor credit given to us when He was the One that saved us from hell.

I am not always clear in my postings either. Sometimes people complain about my run on sentences. It is a shortcoming of mine on paper.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, i understand that those are what we are taught ok, i came to Jesus out of a fear of hell myself; although i would not have put it that way at the time i guess. And if it helps any i can tell you that you can hold on to those beliefs as long as you like, ok, there is no judgement for beliefs, at least that i can find.

But those are not true in the way we have been taught-- "the first to tell his side in court seems right, until another comes and cross examines him,"--and of course any cross questions will be deflected or reasoned away if one is working backwards from a conclusion, same as i would do i guess, but fwiw i could challenge both notions with Scripture vv for the rest of the day ok--if you don't want to listen to God that is.

We can only prove or reprove by the scripture with His help.

Bc see i posted 3 posts up there, and you picked that one to reply to, huh. And i even understand why ok, don't get me wrong.

As long as you believe you know why, even though it may not be the reason why, but those posts seem like you were just posting comments wherein I really do not see it as a part of the discussion to me or at the very least with me for me to know how to respond to that.

Sometimes you post comment from snarkism, but sometimes you go deep in comments that it is hard to tell if you are really expecting a response from me, so I'd just leave it alone.

anyway you seem quite gentle hearted, hope i can pick some of that up myself. I'm totally feeling my way herenow, imo you are here to get the knowledge that brings sorrow--for a minute--and i see you're going to do it kicking and screaming, which i also get, so while i bet you're here to get the dialectic thing i wonder in the meantime if you think/believe you can state any Absolute Truth from Scripture?

Well, how can I know when you are stating absolute truth from Scripture? By the scripture. Sometimes people take verses out of context and apply it to mean something when other scripture in the N.T. plainly refutes that application and thus a misreading of that scripture pulled out of context. When there can be no lie of the truth, then scripture cannot go against scripture, and so one can lean on Him for the wisdom of understanding His words in context in aligning its true meaning as not going against the rest of scripture. But of course, only Jesus Christ thru the Holy Spirit can help us do that.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about the sinners who are believers? :)

Then sinners as believers are saved, but yet still called to look to Him for help to live that life of repentance in living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ. Those who are not found abiding in Him that get left behind are still saved, but just disqualified to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven whereby they have to wait for their resurrection or inheriting their second inheritance as vessels unto honor, after the great tribulation.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so faith in Christ is obvious and a logical choice, in your opinion?

Only God the Father can draw us to the Son ( John 6:44 ) to reveal His Son to us ( Matthew 11:25-27 ) that enables us to believe in Him, and although it can come across as a logical choice, it really isn't since God the Father helped us to believe in Him which is a work of God Himself too. John 3:18-21

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 ¶ I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:23-24 does signify that God will come to dwell in us as in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; all Three in One at our salvation.

We receive the holy Spirit in proportion to the extent we make Him welcome (Behold I stand at the door and knock), and He fills us to the extent we make room for Him.

That has never been the mental requirement for sinners in receiving the Holy Ghost. Just believing in Jesus Christ and that God has raised Him from the dead brings the promise from the Father at our salvation. That is why we are complete in Christ Jesus at our salvation as Spirit-filled; Colossians 2:5-10

He cannot fill anything that is already filled with something else.

Again, nowhere will we find such a necessary mental or otherwise prep for the receiving of the Holy Ghost when believing in Him is how we receive the remission of sins and the promise of the Holy Ghost at our salvation at the calling of the gospel.

And I don't mean we need to empty ourselves, but to die to self, and live unto Him. We give Him the sole rights to occupancy of the throne room of the heart. But so long as we are still calling the shots in any area of our life, we are sitting on a throne thus depriving Him of filling that space.

Saved believers are called to run that race by looking to Him the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin which pretty much testifies to there will be times when weights & sins come in to look to Him for help to lay them aside so as to run that race in the light with Him.

If running that race is akin to making room for the Holy Ghost, we may never receive Him and yet we need the Lord's help being in us in running that race.

If believers look to a supernatural refilling of the Holy Ghost by making room for that filling and expecting a supernatural filling, then God will permit the strong delusion to occur for believing that lie that one can receive the filling of the Holy Ghost again and again and again.

If that was to be our calling.... our gospel.. in seeking to receive Him again and again, christians would never be preaching the first gospel of Jesus Christ, because they would be too busy preaching this other gospel and invoking that other spirit which they believe is the Holy Spirit.

The calling that tongue speakers give as a baptism with the Holy Ghost with the sign of tongues without interpretation, doesn't really stop there. It goes on after other signs of confusion.

There can only be one calling and that baptism with the Holy Ghost can only happen at our salvation at the calling of the gospel. 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mmmm. According to my understanding branches that aren't attached to the vine are bundled up and burned.

John 15:6 is referring to the topic of discipleship so that saved believers may be fruitful and that their joy may be full BUT there is a consequence for not abiding in Him as John 15:6 declares.

If you compare 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 in how it speaks of that day when Jesus will judge what has been built on that foundation which that foundation was laid by Jesus Christ, then that fire is burning away everything on that foundation that denies Him, the iniquities of wood, stubble, and hay that defiles the temple of God, but do note, the foundation remains because it can never be removed If all that was built on that foundation was wood, stubble, and hay, that saved believer will suffer a loss, but his spirit will be saved as through fire; hence John 15:6.

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Of that day when the Bridegroom comes to judge the House of God first at the pre great trib rapture, a saved believer can be left behind as excommunicated from attending the Marriage Supper if found in unrepentant iniquity. Those saints left behind are still saved as evident in verse 15 above. Jesus warned His disciples to be ready in Luke 12:40-49 and the consequences would be to face that calamity of fire coming on the earth and the subsequent great tribulation as a result when the devil will make war on the surviving left behind saints and the new saints on the earth. Do note that in Luke 12:40-49, those that were cast away and receiving stripes for not being ready are still called His servants, thus still saved.

That is symbolic of the purpose of what the churches are excommunicating unrepentant believers from the assembly for.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Believers need His help to not eat with those saved believers in unrepentant iniquity.

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Since the church is to hold fellowship in that manner, can God do anything less for the proper attendence to the Marriage Supper? No.

This is when and how the separation of the vessels unto dishonor as excommunicated from the vessels unto honor that will be received at the Marriage Supper, but the vessels unto dishonor are still in His House because they have His seal to be resurrected after the great tribulation. They may not have a place in the city of God when it comes down from Heaven as New Jerusalem where the raptured saints will live, but they will serve the King of kings all over the world as priests and kings in raising up the new generations coming in the millennium reign of Christ.

2 Timothy 2:18-21 testify that the call to depart even goes to former believers in the hopes that they will see the truth that led them away from Him and restore their faith in Him so that they too may obtain the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus and that is to be received as a vessel unto honor in His House by the Bridegroom to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven. 2 Timothy 2:10-13

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you see? We have the Spirit of God within us, even those who have not experienced the Baptism in the Holy Spirit yet. But the question becomes, do we fan that Spirit into flame? Do we pray for the wind of the Holy Spirit to blow that which is within us into a raging fire.

Anybody else see the problem with our brother's statement regarding the topic from which he is contending that there is a continual filling of the Spirit?

1 Corinthians 12:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.........13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As long as you believe you know why, even though it may not be the reason why, but those posts seem like you were just posting comments wherein I really do not see it as a part of the discussion to me or at the very least with me for me to know how to respond to that.
ya, it came to me a couple hours ago how hideous that will come off, but that is just my problem. i was hoping to beat you back here to fix that lol. Relating a concept in the 3rd person or the English "one" is still foreign to me lol, i have to literally write it down and usually post it, too, and then read it with my other eye, kinda thing. Or it comes to me an hour later, like today. It's something i'm struggling with tbh. i don't ezackly have Paul's problem lol, but i guess the solution still applies
Sometimes you post comment from snarkism, but sometimes you go deep in comments that it is hard to tell if you are really expecting a response from me, so I'd just leave it alone.
i seem to get read that way a lot, but i really don't mean my (surely pointed) observations to be taken that way. But you are not the first to note this, so again that is my problem, i apologize. Most of the time i naively or whatever believe that i will be taken at face value i guess. Bam respond how you like, even ignore if you want, but i mean "you are the one that needs to be returning" is pretty pertinent here right

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then sinners as believers are saved, but yet still called to look to Him for help to live that life of repentance in living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ. Those who are not found abiding in Him that get left behind are still saved, but just disqualified to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven whereby they have to wait for their resurrection or inheriting their second inheritance as vessels unto honor, after the great tribulation.
notice how you are stating all this as if it were Absolute Truth? What if some little detail in there is wrong?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Only God the Father can draw us to the Son ( John 6:44 ) to reveal His Son to us ( Matthew 11:25-27 ) that enables us to believe in Him, and although it can come across as a logical choice, it really isn't since God the Father helped us to believe in Him which is a work of God Himself too. John 3:18-21
wadr i am not sure if that means Yes, or No? Even if God draws you, can following Christ be made into the logical choice?
Iow bearing in mind "hate your life, hate your family, count the cost," etc

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"On the return thing--you first."
there you go, you just got helped imo

People say God help those who helped themselves. Funny thing is, we couldn't save ourselves so guess Who had to come to save us way before we even had asked Him to?

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

So if you were trying to imply that we had to return first as if repenting from all sins before Jesus could save us rather than just repenting from the sin of unbelief by believing in Him, ....then I would have to disagree, but if you were trying to imply that christians or the whole wide world had to return to Him before Jesus Christ would return to us, Jesus had never given any indication that would be the requirement for His return, but prophesied that things will be so bad in the churches, that only a few saved believers will find the faith.

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Seems to me a lot of believers and churches refuse to see the iniquity of broadening the way in the worship place by including the worship of the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son whereby when focus is on the Holy Spirit in worship, seducing spirits sometimes take that opportunity to move in.

But I digress...

If you are talking about something else entirely, then this is why I do not always respond to your posts, see? You are not clear in relation to the progress of our discussion.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, it came to me a couple hours ago how hideous that will come off, but that is just my problem. i was hoping to beat you back here to fix that lol. Relating a concept in the 3rd person or the English "one" is still foreign to me lol, i have to literally write it down and usually post it, too, and then read it with my other eye, kinda thing. Or it comes to me an hour later, like today. It's something i'm struggling with tbh. i don't ezackly have Paul's problem lol, but i guess the solution still applies

i seem to get read that way a lot, but i really don't mean my (surely pointed) observations to be taken that way. But you are not the first to note this, so again that is my problem, i apologize. Most of the time i naively or whatever believe that i will be taken at face value i guess. Bam respond how you like, even ignore if you want, but i mean "you are the one that needs to be returning" is pretty pertinent here right

I think you need to expand more for the comment of "you are the one that needs to be returning" if I had not answered to your satisfaction prior.