Are You Spirit Filled Or Still Filling?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no continual supernatural refilling of the Holy Ghost in a believer's life. There is only putting away the provision of the flesh and reading His words and depending on Jesus Christ to finish His work in you where the fruits of righteousness ( as in the fruits of the Spirit ) are from Jesus Christ.

And you will never stop your vendetta against God Holy Spirit will you?
You don't miss any opportunity to slight The Holy Sprit and tell people He is of no effect.

Woe on you when you stand before the Lord in all His glory!
I sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes when you see how you have mislead the young in Christ.

Reactions: Nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't miss any opportunity to slight The Holy Sprit and tell people He is of no effect.

I sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes when you see how you have mislead the young in Christ.

Being always filled with the Holy Ghost since our salvation is a testimony that we are saved, thus not a leaky vessel.

To invoke a supernatural refilling of the Holy Ghost does not hold to that testimony we are to maintain.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

By His words above, for a believer to ask for the Holy Spirit again is to make the Father look evil as if He had not given you the promise of the Spirit the first time at your salvation at the calling of the gospel for knocking at the door of Jesus Christ.

It is an evil witness and completely disregarding the warning from Paul about any one preaching another Jesus or another spirit to receive.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

For an already saved believer to seek to receive the Holy Spirit again, is to preach another calling, another gospel, and receiving another spirit which is not the real Holy Spirit when He has already been in you since you had been saved at the calling of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Scripture & the indwelling Holy Ghost points to the Son for life as the gospel of Jesus Christ is the Good News to man.

You are preaching another gospel and another calling, and claiming it is the Holy Spirit by assumptions only when scripture says it cannot be the Holy Spirit. That is why that supernatural tongue gained by that apostate calling never comes with interpretation because it is not the real God's gift of tongues which is for speaking unto the people. It is a stranger's voice that you are following by that apostate calling.

You had departed from the testimony we all are supposed to share. You are the one preaching another calling and another baptism with the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues when tongues were never to serve as a sign towards the already saved believers for anything in regards to themselves.

You are the one that has departed from faith, sister. You are the one not defending the faith in Jesus Christ when you had departed from that faith that He is in us since we had been saved. You had departed from the only gospel to another gospel to that other baptism with the Holy Ghost which is not the real Holy Ghost at all.

If any one needs to repent, it is you, dear sister. Come back to your first love and shun vain & profane babbling and just pray normally so that you may know what you had prayed for in order to give the Father genuine thanks in Jesus's name for answers to prayers as that is pleasing to God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, we are to put down seeking to be filled with the Spirit when we are not a leaky vessel, thus a new creature and thus a new wineskin able to hold the new wine, the Holy Spirit.

You are right in that we are to grow in the knowledge of Him, but that is not the same thing as seeking to receive the Holy Spirit supernaturally to be refilled again, which is after the rudiment of the world in receiving spirits again and again and again, but that is not to be so with the Holy Spirit.

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
I agree. How much more filled could one get than filled?

I do wonder, though, at times what makes the difference between me and, let's say, Joan of Arc or St. Francis, or any other saint for that matter - those that went happily to their martyrdom in the beginning of Christianity... Those that are so far better than I am and so much closer to God.

There must surely be a difference and it humbles me, but I don't dwell on it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being always filled with the Holy Ghost since our salvation is a testimony that we are saved, thus not a leaky vessel.

To invoke a supernatural refilling of the Holy Ghost does not hold to that testimony we are to maintain.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

By His words above, for a believer to ask for the Holy Spirit again is to make the Father look evil as if He had not given you the promise of the Spirit the first time at your salvation at the calling of the gospel for knocking at the door of Jesus Christ.

It is an evil witness and completely disregarding the warning from Paul about any one preaching another Jesus or another spirit to receive.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

For an already saved believer to seek to receive the Holy Spirit again, is to preach another calling, another gospel, and receiving another spirit which is not the real Holy Spirit when He has already been in you since you had been saved at the calling of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Scripture & the indwelling Holy Ghost points to the Son for life as the gospel of Jesus Christ is the Good News to man.

You are preaching another gospel and another calling, and claiming it is the Holy Spirit by assumptions only when scripture says it cannot be the Holy Spirit. That is why that supernatural tongue gained by that apostate calling never comes with interpretation because it is not the real God's gift of tongues which is for speaking unto the people. It is a stranger's voice that you are following by that apostate calling.

You had departed from the testimony we all are supposed to share. You are the one preaching another calling and another baptism with the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues when tongues were never to serve as a sign towards the already saved believers for anything in regards to themselves.

You are the one that has departed from faith, sister. You are the one not defending the faith in Jesus Christ when you had departed from that faith that He is in us since we had been saved. You had departed from the only gospel to another gospel to that other baptism with the Holy Ghost which is not the real Holy Ghost at all.

If any one needs to repent, it is you, dear sister. Come back to your first love and shun vain & profane babbling and just pray normally so that you may know what you had prayed for in order to give the Father genuine thanks in Jesus's name for answers to prayers as that is pleasing to God.

Says you!! But saying it and believing it does not equal "Being right".
You speak you know not what....

What you personally believe is fine...but pushing your unbelief on other Christian will be " weighed in the balances" when you stand before Him.

Some errors in the Church are not so heinous...but, things said about what God's Holy Spirit does and doesn't do is very dangerous.
You have some deep rooted bitterness toward the Holy Spirit or you wouldn't keep on attacking what He does.
You obviously just talk to those who agree with you. You don't talk to someone who can lead you further along God's Path...because for some strange reason you are stunted and stuck right where you are now.
It does amaze me, because I have seen your other posts and in so many areas you have have good insight and wisdom. On this subject you are blind....someone sold you a lie...and you have bought it, hook, line and sinker. :(
To me that is very sad...and it must make God's Holy Spirit sad to hear you belittling Him as you like to do.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Hi BG,
Why is @JesusIsFaithful wrong??
He didn't say anything wrong that I could see.
We receive the Holy Spirit when we become born again. We are filled with the Holy Spirit who is God.

We grow in knowledge and we grow in maturity in our serving Him, but we never get more filled than filled --- how would that be possible?

I don't understand your position.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. How much more filled could one get than filled?

I do wonder, though, at times what makes the difference between me and, let's say, Joan of Arc or St. Francis, or any other saint for that matter - those that went happily to their martyrdom in the beginning of Christianity... Those that are so far better than I am and so much closer to God.

There must surely be a difference and it humbles me, but I don't dwell on it.

Just because the world speaks well of them, it doesn't mean they were closer to God. Indeed, I would have to pray when the world start speaking well of me.

Luke 6:26Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Just keep your eyes on the Bridegroom in relating to God the Father in anything, especially in worship, since the Bridegroom will be coming soon.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Just because the world speaks well of them, it doesn't mean they were closer to God. Indeed, I would have to pray when the world start speaking well of me.

Luke 6:26Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Just keep your eyes on the Bridegroom in relating to God the Father in anything, especially in worship, since the Bridegroom will be coming soon.
Yes. I used to teach kids our faith and I always made sure to tell them not to compare themselves with anyone else since we each have a unique relationship with Jesus. I do my best to follow my own instructions!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says you!! But saying it and believing it does not equal "Being right".

I had used scripture in reproving what you are involved in. If you believe I am applying the scripture wrong, then address those scripture in telling me what Jesus is talking about and what Paul is really warning about if it is not reproving what you are talking about.

You speak you know not what....

Dear sister, the insinuation that I do not know what you are talking about would only prove that you have departed from the gospel and the faith in Jesus Christ since you are attacking my defense of the faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved because we are forever Spirit-filled as a result.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi BG,
Why is @JesusIsFaithful wrong??
He didn't say anything wrong that I could see.
We receive the Holy Spirit when we become born again. We are filled with the Holy Spirit who is God.

We grow in knowledge and we grow in maturity in our serving Him, but we never get more filled than filled --- how would that be possible?

I don't understand your position.

Hey Fran,
If I remember when I get back I will PM you.
I have to run to work now.

Back this evening..but you may be in bed snoozing by the time I get around to it!

Plus, I thought you and I have already had this conversation before! :)

Later....Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I used to teach kids our faith and I always made sure to tell them not to compare themselves with anyone else since we each have a unique relationship with Jesus. I do my best to follow my own instructions!

My past failures in doing the best I can had Him taught me to rely on Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd & Friend all the time for following Him.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My past failures in doing the best I can had Him taught me to rely on Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd & Friend all the time for following Him.
This is right.
This is what I like to say:
We do our best,
Jesus does the rest.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had used scripture in reproving what you are involved in. If you believe I am applying the scripture wrong, then address those scripture in telling me what Jesus is talking about and what Paul is really warning about if it is not reproving what you are talking about.

Dear sister, the insinuation that I do not know what you are talking about would only prove that you have departed from the gospel and the faith in Jesus Christ since you are attacking my defense of the faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved because we are forever Spirit-filled as a result.

NO, I am not going to argue the point with you on such a precious subject as the Holy Spirit. I see no honour to the Holy Spirit in your posts on this subject, just the opposite. You are wreck-less in how you speak about Holy things .
We already " did our dance " in the "Speaking in tongues " thread...it just goes in circles.
We never will agree on this. No matter how much we post to each other.

~ . ~ . . 27c081d08b2de4ae820e41827059b5a3.jpg

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO, I am not going to argue the point with you on such a precious subject as the Holy Spirit. I see no honour to the Holy Spirit in your posts on this subject, just the opposite. You are wreck-less in how you speak about Holy things .
We already " did our dance " in the "Speaking in tongues " thread...it just goes in circles.
We never will agree on this. No matter how much we post to each other.

~ . ~ . . View attachment 3489

Defending the faith in Jesus Christ is hardly dishonoring the Holy Spirit when that defense is about when we had received Him and no refilling is required because we are a new creature in Christ thus new wine bottles able to hold the new wine aka the Holy Spirit for why there is no refilling.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, I hope the Lord will increase the knowledge of Him in you that you are saved.
awesome, and i hope He does the same for you, and you come to realize that our common definition of "saved" does not match up with God's, not even a little bit
Course, if we wait until we die and find ourselves in Heaven
and this is the evidence, see. Heaven is made into a place that you might attain tomorrow, after literal death, despite the many, many passages that speak against this
wadr

Reactions: Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
awesome, and i hope He does the same for you, and you come to realize that our common definition of "saved" does not match up with God's, not even a little bit

Feel free to prove that by His words.

and this is the evidence, see. Heaven is made into a place that you might attain tomorrow, after literal death, despite the many, many passages that speak against this
wadr

Jesus made a promise in John 14:1-3 and that does not necessarily mean only obtainable by death when He will be coming back as the Bridegroom.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reactions: Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what, again? :)
yet you cannot Quote a verse that has Jesus ever "returning" at all, hmm.

Would you like me to post the scriptural reference of John 14:1-3 that I had given you?

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

God be willing, I shall check it out after lunch.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just reading through this thread (parts of it anyway), so let me engage you. I think you are making a classic error that many Cessationists tend to make, though I'm not saying you necessarily are one; namely, that when you "receive the Holy Spirit" you are "filled" for good, and that your "cup" as it were remains full of the Spirit forever, regardless of what you do, how you act, or how close you stay to God in your walk with Him thereafter. But there are a lot of verses that contradict this.

For instance, 1 Thessalonians 5:19 talks about quenching, i.e. extinguishing the Holy Spirit. What do you do with this verse?

Secondly, Paul commanded the believers at Ephesus (who were saved people) to be filled with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). Why would he command them to do this if they were clearly already saved and therefore had clearly already received the Holy Spirit, and it was a once and for all type of experience?

There are other verses and passages I can take you to, but let me get your answers to these first.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just reading through this thread (parts of it anyway), so let me engage you. I think you are making a classic error that many Cessationists tend to make, though I'm not saying you necessarily are one; namely, that when you "receive the Holy Spirit" you are "filled" for good, and that your "cup" as it were remains full of the Spirit forever, regardless of what you do, how you act, or how close you stay to God in your walk with Him thereafter. But there are a lot of verses that contradict this.

For instance, 1 Thessalonians 5:19 talks about quenching, i.e. extinguishing the Holy Spirit. What do you do with this verse?

I do not agree that the term quenching is extinguishing the Holy Spirit. More like resisting or ignoring the leading of the Holy Spirit when read in context.

1 Thessalonians 5:19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings.

Sometimes the Holy Spirit will prompt a believer to speak and that believer may not want to, fearing ridicule or rejection by his peers.

Secondly, Paul commanded the believers at Ephesus (who were saved people) to be filled with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). Why would he command them to do this if they were clearly already saved and therefore had clearly already received the Holy Spirit, and it was a once and for all type of experience?

If you do a word search at Bible Gateway on whatever Bible version you choose, and look up the call to remain sober, that is pretty much saying the same thing in Ephesians 5:18 whereas many misread Ephesians 5:18 as if implying that one needs to continually fill themselves up with the Holy Spirit when in actuality, it is a call to remain in the Spirit as in self control as oppose to being drunk with wine where there is excess in that.

1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Do you see any indication of seeking to be filled with the Holy Spirit as a means to be sober in that reference? No. So Ephesians 5:18 is just opposing the act of drinking wine in excess to the point of getting drunk; thus the call to remain sober as in self control as in filled with the fruits of the Spirit.

There are other verses and passages I can take you to, but let me get your answers to these first.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Okay. God be willing, I shall be around to address those other verses and passages.