Aspen and Tigger 2 discuss 'who is God?'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The leper fell down at the feet of God. A clear declaration for the deity of Jesus Christ.

Stranger

1 Samuel 25:23: "When Abigail saw David, she hurried and dismounted from her donkey, and fell on her face before David and bowed herself to the ground." - NASB.

2 Samuel 1:2. "... and so it was, when he came to David, that he fell to the earth, and did obeisance. - ASV.

Clear declarations for the deity of David.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Samuel 25:23: "When Abigail saw David, she hurried and dismounted from her donkey, and fell on her face before David and bowed herself to the ground." - NASB.

2 Samuel 1:2. "... and so it was, when he came to David, that he fell to the earth, and did obeisance. - ASV.

Clear declarations for the deity of David.

In (Luke 17:15-16) it is not just that the leper fell down at Jesus feet. He fell down at the feet of God. See?

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
He fell down at the feet of God...Jesus.

Stranger
S, just so you know, i believe that Christ was an incarnation of God, ok, it's the worshipping Jesus part that i find Nehushtan. pretty sure i could list ten signs that Jesus does not want worship, even though these would be taken as a denial of Christ's deity, which i don't mean. Imo the hell to pay for this is right now, so to me it manifests as more of an "it is what it is" thing, but Nehushtan worship is a poor substitute for Life, more abundantly imo

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, i do not see. where does it say that? It seems you have taken, "glorifying God" to mean "glorifying Him." wadr

(Luke 17:15-16) "And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks....")

The leper fell down at the feet of Jesus. The feet of God.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
(Luke 17:15-16) "And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks....")

The leper fell down at the feet of Jesus. The feet of God.
ok that's fine, believe that if you need to, but understand for yourself what Nehushtan worship means ok. Doesn't have to be my understanding, i won't be reaping from it. understand why Jesus hid from 2 Greeks. Understand why you gotta go to a singular translation there, and disregard all the others, to force your pov. understand why the Lex does not support you there.

"...and he was a Samaritan."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok that's fine, believe that if you need to, but understand for yourself what Nehushtan worship means ok. Doesn't have to be my understanding, i won't be reaping from it. understand why Jesus hid from 2 Greeks. Understand why you gotta go to a singular translation there, and disregard all the others, to force your pov. understand why the Lex does not support you there.

"...and he was a Samaritan."

I'm not forcing anything. That is what it says.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, well you might contemplate how that comes across coming from someone who is calling ppl fools on other threads ok,, i mean believe whatever you like

I'm not worried about it. You? pshy

Stranger

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger wrote: (Luke 17:15-16) "And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks....")

That is very close to what the NT text says alright. The problem is the uses of the pronouns 'his' and 'him.'

Luke, of course, never gives any indication that he believes Jesus is God. And that is probably why so many trinitarians eschew the use of this scripture as a trinity 'proof.'

If this had been taken literally, and trinitarian scholars and translators thought that the 'his' and 'him' might possibly refer to God, you know they would have all translated it that way.

But instead, AMP; Byington; CEB; CEV; EHV; ERV; ESV; ETRV; EXB; GNT; GW; ICB; ISV; JB; LB; Mounce; MSG; NAB; NABRE; NCV; NEB; NET; NIV; NJB; NLV; NLT; NMB; NRSV; NTE; Phillips; REB; RSV; TLB; VOICE; WE; and WEB have replaced 'his feet' with 'Jesus' feet.'

I have found none which render it as 'God's feet.'

I should have added Young's Literal Translation even though it says 'his feet.' Why? Because Young uses capitalized 'Him' and 'His' for God, but at Luke 17:16 he uses 'him' and 'his' without capitalization.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But instead, AMP; Byington; CEB; CEV; EHV; ERV; ESV; ETRV; EXB; GNT; GW; ICB; ISV; JB; LB; Mounce; MSG; NAB; NABRE; NCV; NEB; NET; NIV; NJB; NLV; NLT; NMB; NRSV; NTE; Phillips; REB; RSV; TLB; VOICE; WE; and WEB have replaced 'his feet' with Jesus' feet.

You mean...you prefer the human edited version, rather than the original word of God?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger wrote: (Luke 17:15-16) "And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks....")

That is very close to what the NT text says alright. The problem is the uses of the pronouns 'his' and 'him.'

Luke, of course, never gives any indication that he believes Jesus is God. And that is probably why so many trinitarians eschew the use of this scripture as a trinity 'proof.'

If this had been taken literally, and trinitarian scholars and translators thought that the 'his' and 'him' might possibly refer to God, you know they would have all translated it that way.

But instead, AMP; Byington; CEB; CEV; EHV; ERV; ESV; ETRV; EXB; GNT; GW; ICB; ISV; JB; LB; Mounce; MSG; NAB; NABRE; NCV; NEB; NET; NIV; NJB; NLV; NLT; NMB; NRSV; NTE; Phillips; REB; RSV; TLB; VOICE; WE; and WEB have replaced 'his feet' with Jesus' feet.

No, that is what (Luke 17:15-16) is saying. It is attributing the feet of Jesus as the feet of God.

You are being deceptive, as usual, in saying you find none that render it as 'God's feet'. The correct rendering is as I gave it from the KJV. 'his feet'. And 'his feet' goes back to God in verse 15.

If any translation substitutes 'Jesus' for 'his' in verse 15, then it is a lie. The word 'Jesus' is not there. The pro-noun 'his' is.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
an anyone here tell me why it really matters?
If a person follows the words of Jesus, loves God and loves his brother/neighbour ...why would it matter if he didn't have the revelation that Jesus was God ?

This is not a tongue in cheek question, but a serious one. Anyone?

As you all know by now, I believe God will check out our heart at the End, not our doctrine.
Hope everyone here in this thread answers this Q. Thanks.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
PS...if my question will derail this thread then say so..I will start it as a separate Thread elsewhere.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How important for us is the knowledge of God according to - John 17:3 (compare Jer. 10:10); 2 Thess. 1:8?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person follows the words of Jesus, loves God and loves his brother/neighbour ...why would it matter if he didn't have the revelation that Jesus was God ?
Well, one could say that not knowing that Jesus is God would condemn all of Israel. Or one might say that if we know Christ, then surely we would know. But the real question is, does God reveal all...to all...before the end?

Reactions: Pisteuo