Astral Projection: The Devil's Playground

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ummm, guys, it was Edward Gordon who first brought up astral travel, using that term and claiming it as a legitimate Christian practise. When challenged, also legitimately, he has backed down and is suggesting a misunderstanding of terms. It's like someone boasting of having taken someone's possessions and when challenged, claimed to have simply borrowed them. TAJ is correct when she said astral travel is far removed from being in vision. But it isn't us who is confused. It seems it's Edward who doesn't know what he's talking about, which is hardly surprising considering the fact that he's also claimed his 6 person church is the only true church and the only way to know Jesus is through his revised eucharist ritual.
There are many things that on this side of glory we will never understand regarding the human mind and the spirit. For many it is very alluring to be promised power, wealth, popularity, if you give your life to the devil. And if all you want in this life is power, wealth, and popularity and seek those things from Jesus, the devil will answer your prayers. And he will come in Jesus' name, and make a fool of you like he has done with so many particularly in the entertainment industry, but also even in the church. Deception has brought millions into bondage.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, we've simply changed it to "visions."

So you are going to keep simply changing your terms while advocating the same demonic practices? You've stepped back and tried to distance yourself from several things already, yet without actually changing what you teach and advocate, which makes you even more deceptive and deceitful.

I'm sorry, but while not all Christians may be up to speed here, there are some who are watching this unfold who are not nearly as naive. You teach Satanism. Couch it and hide it in whatever new sanitized terminology you want, but its spiritual nature has not changed, and apparently you are dead set against doing so as well.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When challenged, also legitimately, he has backed down and is suggesting a misunderstanding of terms. It's like someone boating of having taken someone's possessions and when challenged, claimed to have simply borrowed them.

The same conclusion I arrived at. He keeps tailoring his theology back to make it as inoffensive as possible, while not actually changing a thing. Had no one pointed out blatant flaws in what he teaches, he would still likely be telling everyone about his wonderful new religion where you can become "Christ" and astral project and practice various forms of divination.

I fail to see what is not obvious about Edward Gordon and his spiritual orientation. And the amazing thing is, as strong as the first two posts in this thread were, you STILL have him arguing for the practice, albeit under new and more seemingly harmless terminology. So now we get to enjoy having the term "visions" corrupted to mean something demonic and Satanic.

Reactions: Brakelite

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So you are going to keep simply changing your terms while advocating the same demonic practices? You've stepped back and tried to distance yourself from several things already, yet without actually changing what you teach and advocate, which makes you even more deceptive and deceitful.

I said it several times, I don't think what you are calling astral projection and what I am calling it are the same things. I never liked the term. It's a holdover from my occult days. It's not accurate for what I mean, so I changed it to a more accurate term: visions. That is what I'm talking about. We do not leave our bodies. We just visualize the spiritual realm, the astral real, the other dimension.

That's the fact, jack. So, deal with it.

I'm sorry, but while not all Christians may be up to speed here, there are some who are watching this unfold who are not nearly as naive. You teach Satanism. Couch it and hide it in whatever new sanitized terminology you want, but its spiritual nature has not changed, and apparently you are dead set against doing so as well.

I know, I know, everyone who disagrees with you is a "Satanist."
burndevil.gif

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The one thing that has constantly signified a cult to me is the groups claim to be the only true church.
Thousands of non-members are watching.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The one thing that has constantly signified a cult to me is the groups claim to be the only true church.
Thousands of non-members are watching.

We are. We have to be. It's not some prideful thing. It's a necessary thing. We follow ONLY Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We are the only religion and only church that follows ONLY Jesus Christ. Ipso facto, we are the true church. It's not a matter of debate.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never liked the term. It's a holdover from my occult days.

Your occult days have BY NO MEANS ended, Edward. You are still fully aligned with your occultism, and it is entirely incompatible with true Christianity.
That's the fact, jack. So, deal with it.

And this little crack betrays what your REAL intentions are. You repent of nothing. You only couch your teachings in new and better deception, "Jack."

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we changed it to "visions." It's a more accurate term. And forget the church star. It represents the Star of Bethlehem for lots of reasons I haven't discussed with you. You can go read about it at the Church website. But just stop, because you don't know what you're talking about.

So you just changed astral projection to visions after starting a religion and I don't know what I am talking about? Didn't you think tarot readings were spiritual too? I think you need to look at some things.

The True Meaning of The Pentagram - Wiccan Spells

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Truman

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So you just changed astral projection to visions after starting a religion and I don't know what I am talking about? Didn't you think tarot readings were spiritual too? I think you need to look at some things.

I'm not going to hijack this thread and turn it into mine. Of course, he started it and then advertised it in my thread, but nevertheless, I'm the fuel this thread is running on, so I'm going to bow out. I may start a thread of my own down in the non-Christian dungeon. But I'm out of this one.
byebye.gif

Reactions: APAK

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The True Meaning of The Pentagram - Wiccan Spells
Thank you. The pentagram is used by occultists/satanists in ritual. There is no "star of David" that is revered by Jews. The symbol on the Israeli flag was placed there by the Rothschilds .... who claim to be Jews and are not, but are of the synagogue of satan.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to hijack this thread and turn it into mine. Of course, he started it and then advertised it in my thread

I alerted everyone to it in yours because you were promoting astral projection in a "Christian" light, and I wanted everyone there to be directed to something actually written from a Christian perspective.

Always with the accusations....

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you. The pentagram is used by occultists/satanists in ritual. There is no "star of David" that is revered by Jews. The symbol on the Israeli flag was placed there by the Rothschilds .... who claim to be Jews and are not, but are of the synagogue of satan.
I did not know that.

Friends of Jesus

Nov 25, 2021
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I alerted everyone to it in yours because you were promoting astral projection in a "Christian" light, and I wanted everyone there to be directed to something actually written from a Christian perspective.

Always with the accusations....

Thanks my friend for sharing these very helpful post and pray that many will read what you have shared.

I have just read too a got questions article on this subject and like to share that too....

What does the Bible say about an out of body experience / astral projection?
volume.svg

ANSWER

Information about the “out-of-body” experience is both vast and subjective. According to Wikipedia, one out of ten people claims to have had an out-of-body experience (OBE). Out-of-body experiences range from involuntary out-of-body experiences or near-death experiences that happen after or during a trauma or accident, to “astral projection,” in which a person voluntarily tries to leave his or her body behind and ascend to a spiritual plane where truth and clarity can be found.

A few famous Christians have had what might be called, in today’s world, an out-of-body experience, most notably the apostle Paul. He says in 2 Corinthians 12:1–4, “I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows—was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.” In the verses preceding this passage, Paul lists his “boasts” or the things that, if he were counting on works and good deeds to secure his salvation, would get him into heaven. Though he seems to be referring to someone else, scholars agree that he is speaking of himself in the third person. Paul includes this apparent out-of-body experience in his list of boasts. Out-of-body experiences are sensational, but, as Paul says, “There is nothing to be gained by it.” This does not mean that his out-of-body experience wasn’t real, only that he is not relying on it to really benefit himself or others in any way.

An involuntary out-of-body experience or a near-death experience should be treated in the same way as a dream in the life of a Christian—an unexplained phenomenon that may make a good story, but does not give us truth. The only place we find absolute truth is in the Word of God. All other sources are merely subjective human accounts or interpretations based on what we can discover with our finite minds.

A voluntary out-of-body experience, or an “astral projection,” is spiritually dangerous. A person practicing astral projection or trying to achieve an out-of-body experience in order to connect with the spirit world is practicing the occult. There are two forms of this. The first is called the “phasing” model, in which the person tries to find new spiritual truth by accessing a part of the mind that is “shut off” during everyday life. This practice is connected to Buddhism or postmodernism and the belief that enlightenment is achieved by looking within oneself. The other form, called the “mystical” model, involves the person trying to exit the body entirely, with his or her spirit traveling to a mystical plane unconnected to the physical world.

The Bible explicitly warns against occult practice, or sorcery, and that warning can be applied to voluntary out-of-body experiences and astral projection (see Galatians 5:19–20). God’s commands are always for our good, and He commands us to stay far away from occult practices. There is great potential, when trying to access the spiritual world, of opening oneself up to demons who can lie to us about God and confuse our minds. The phasing model of out-of-body experiences is also futile, according to Scripture. Jeremiah 17:9 says, “The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately sick; who can understand it?” It is futile to search for infinite wisdom inside the finite mind of man.

Involuntary out-of-body experiences have made their way into some recent books and movies. One example is the popular book 90 Minutes in Heaven by Pastor Don Piper. Piper describes what is, in essence, an out-of-body experience he had after a severe car accident, during which he believes he died and went to heaven for ninety minutes. Whether or not Piper did actually see heaven or spend time there is debatable, and in the end nobody but God knows. However, there is a serious problem, theologically speaking, with the conclusion Piper draws from his experience. He tells the reader that, now that he has been to heaven, he can speak comfort to grieving people at funerals “with more authority” than he could previously. Piper’s motives are good: he wants to give people hope. However, it is dead wrong to say that his own subjective experience will give him more authority to administer the hope of heaven to others. Scripture, by itself, apart from our experience, is the authority.

In conclusion, an out-of-body experience will give us neither truth nor knowledge. If an involuntary out-of-body experience occurs in the life of a Christian, the best approach would be to consider it in the same category as a dream—interesting, perhaps, but not a reliable source of truth. Christians should not seek to have out-of-body experiences or practice astral projection. We are to find truth only in the words of God, as Jesus prays in John 17:17, “Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.”

What does the Bible say about an out of body experience / astral projection? | GotQuestions.org

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The symbol on the Israeli flag was placed there by the Rothschilds .... who claim to be Jews and are not, but are of the synagogue of satan.
Correct. That star goes all the way back to Egypt, from where the Israelites learned to worship Remphan (the Egyptian equivalent of the Hebrew Chiun, which is in fact the false god Saturn). That is what Stephen told the unbelieving and wicked Jews: Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness? Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon. (Acts 7:42,43)

Evidently the star of David was originally "the seal of Solomon" (his signet ring)
and "that the ring indeed was used to command, invoke, and bind demons"
. According to Wikipedia: The Seal of Solomon (or Ring of Solomon; Hebrew: חותם שלמה‎ Ḥotem Shelomo; Arabic: خاتم سليمان‎ Khātam Sulaymān) is the signet ring attributed to King Solomon in medieval mystical traditions, from which it developed in parallel within Islamic and Jewish mysticism and in Western occultism. It is the predecessor to the Star of David, which became the symbol of the Jewish people in modern times.

upload_2021-12-19_16-46-24.png

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A voluntary out-of-body experience, or an “astral projection,” is spiritually dangerous. A person practicing astral projection or trying to achieve an out-of-body experience in order to connect with the spirit world is practicing the occult... The Bible explicitly warns against occult practice, or sorcery, and that warning can be applied to voluntary out-of-body experiences and astral projection (see Galatians 5:19–20). God’s commands are always for our good, and He commands us to stay far away from occult practices. There is great potential, when trying to access the spiritual world, of opening oneself up to demons who can lie to us about God and confuse our minds.

This is a good quote, and tells it straight.

There are some references in the article to other things that would make for interesting discussion, only they may be beyond the purview of this particular thread. But if you were interested in discussing the value of Christian visions, I could start another thread on it on a Christian section of this forum.

Let me know, and good post.

Friends of Jesus

Nov 25, 2021
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is a good quote, and tells it straight.

There are some references in the article to other things that would make for interesting discussion, only they may be beyond the purview of this particular thread. But if you were interested in discussing the value of Christian visions, I could start another thread on it on a Christian section of this forum.

Let me know, and good post.

I believe the Lord is using you to expose these various subjects and every opportunity to sound out these things is great.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Mayflower