Aussie Politics: Which party will win the Qld state election?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which party will win majority in the QLD state election?

• Labor

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Liberal Nationals

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Greens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katter Party

• One Nation

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KAP have a good following in North Qld, where its MPs are located. However, it can't raise much support in SE Qld. KAP is pro-life.

Nth Qld nearly should be a separate state, so the people get what they want up there.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
marksman,

I don't find a lot of common sense in voting patterns these days. People seem to be so fed up with politics they don't think about policies but follow the party supported by their parents or the Union they were a member of (thus, many Labor voters).

Although the Pauline Hanson One Nation Party only has 1 elected member of parliament, it's the flow of preferences from that Party that influences certain others. Many don't understand how this preferential system works and vote with a 1 and allow the Party to choose the preference flow. Whenever possible, I like to choose my own preferences. That can be a difficult task with a long list of Senate candidates in a federal election.

We have no Upper House in Qld. The Legislative Council at State level was eliminated in 1922 by the Labor Party - without a mandate by the people. However, the Legislative Council had become obstructionist to some Labor legislation at that time. However, an Upper House is meant to be a House of Review for Lower House legislation.

Oz
The biggest problem is the dictated voting system we now have with this preferential nonsense, you should be able to vote One and that's it ! but if you want you should add preference as you please. why should anyone have to vote at all for a Party you don't want to give any preference to at all, that's totally wrong.
One should never have to be forced to Vote 1, 2, 3, 4. because such is rigging. I have sat with One Nation leadership and they were talking all about all such tactics under the sun. it's a game play that they worked it all out so as such to save them Seats, they spend a lot of time on such tactics and I see it as a criminal act.
One Nation clearly says to it's members that it does not want to become a political Party as such in running the State, but they do want to have influence on the Government and they have done a very good Job over the years in that, most people do not understand that they have saved the Liberal Party from it's death bed, as some of the stupid things that the Liberals have tried to get away with.
Not to mention the out right evil games that the Liberals did to Poor Pauline, tossing her in Jail and all. it goes to show just how disgusting they truly are.
Pauline was a Liberal and they kicked her out because she would not be intimidated by the thugs, but she stood her ground, she should never of had to go to such lengths in the first place, if we sill had an honest Liberal Party ?
Pauline was putting Australians first and the Liberal Party were selling us all out, just as the Labour Party does.

If the Liberal truly had it's way they would be pushing openly just like the Labour Party's and the greens Mob want us to all become controlled by one world government where your Vote means nothing, we are being controlled by unelected dictating rat bags, the UN for one, not to mention all the rest of such morons us Tax payers are forking out for, it's insane. we are going to be enslaved by dictating rat bags and we have been and are being dictated to and it's only going to get worse.
One Nation is going down hill fast now as well as a lot of Members have left it now, I don't think Pauline can see the big picture, we need to unite all Conservatives together, it's not about being right or left it's about Conservative values, because once Conservative Values are gone, then kiss Australia good by and say welcome Communism, this will happen anyway as the Bible says it will and they will kill people like they always have done by the millions and no one will pop their hand up to say a word. as we all know that all Communist are gutless cowards at heart because they are the Godless morons, that the Party officials claims that they are just useful idiots.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
marksman,

I don't find a lot of common sense in voting patterns these days. People seem to be so fed up with politics they don't think about policies but follow the party supported by their parents or the Union they were a member of (thus, many Labor voters).

Although the Pauline Hanson One Nation Party only has 1 elected member of parliament, it's the flow of preferences from that Party that influences certain others. Many don't understand how this preferential system works and vote with a 1 and allow the Party to choose the preference flow. Whenever possible, I like to choose my own preferences. That can be a difficult task with a long list of Senate candidates in a federal election.

We have no Upper House in Qld. The Legislative Council at State level was eliminated in 1922 by the Labor Party - without a mandate by the people. However, the Legislative Council had become obstructionist to some Labor legislation at that time. However, an Upper House is meant to be a House of Review for Lower House legislation.

Oz

You are right. Having a degree in Politics, and a bookcase full of books about Australian politics, I guess there ain't much I don't know about the subject. On the Thursday before the last Federal Election, I said that Morrison was going to win. Why did I say that? I felt a blanket of prayer engulf the nation. Shorten was dead meat against that.

Reactions: Josho

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Reggie Belafonte

Well I have noticed later farmers have been switching from Nationals to the Shooters Farmers and Fishers party in Victoria and NSW.

In my opinion Barnaby Joyce was a better leader for the Nationals than Michael McCormack, he seemed more country/rural oriented than Michael. I remember Nationals used to be the main party for the farmers, and regional/rural Aussies.
Yes McCormack is a stooge, he may as well be a Liberal Party Member, the Media love him and anyone the media love is always a whore.

The Media hate Barnaby because he is a devout Christian and a full on anti Communist.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are right. Having a degree in Politics, and a bookcase full of books about Australian politics, I guess there ain't much I don't know about the subject. On the Thursday before the last Federal Election, I said that Morrison was going to win. Why did I say that? I felt a blanket of prayer engulf the nation. Shorten was dead meat against that.
Morrison was finished if it was not for one Clive that helped him across the line.
Look at the total Moron that Federal Labour have now, one total moron gone to be replaced by another little cry baby boy.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes McCormack is a stooge, he may as well be a Liberal Party Member, the Media love him and anyone the media love is always a whore.

The Media hate Barnaby because he is a devout Christian and a full on anti Communist.

A devout Christian (sic) who fornicates with a staff member and leaves his wife. If that is devout, I am so glad I am not.

Reactions: OzSpen

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Morrison was finished if it was not for one Clive that helped him across the line.
Look at the total Moron that Federal Labour have now, one total moron gone to be replaced by another little cry baby boy.
NO, he was not finished because of the blanket of prayer when the Christians got behind him to ensure that God's choice was put in power and the fact that he was the chosen one by the electorate.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nth Qld nearly should be a separate state, so the people get what they want up there.

There is not enough population. If it went from Rockhampton to the Torres Strait and inland to Mt Isa, the major towns would be Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns. Then outback the only major town would be Mt Isa.

The Katter team has been pushing for NQ to become a separate state but I don't like their chances.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One. The one that will win is the one that does not lose.

Two. if the people are stupid, Labor will win.

Three. if they exercise common sense, the LNP will win.

It's amazing to see how much more of a chance conservative minor parties have at winning in Qld for the Legislative Assembly compared to here in Victoria, nearly no chance at all. Best chance in Victoria is for a minor party is to run candidates for the upper house, even then it's not a good look in Victoria's Senate from last election.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is not enough population. If it went from Rockhampton to the Torres Strait and inland to Mt Isa, the major towns would be Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns. Then outback the only major town would be Mt Isa.

The Katter team has been pushing for NQ to become a separate state but I don't like their chances.

Still quite a bit of population I reckon Hehe, more than NT, even though that's a territory.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Barnaby committing adultery and yet he is 'a devout Christian'??? Do you have evidence to support that? I know he said he was pro-life.

I think we should drop that, the media really punished him over that one. And that was 2 years ago. It's not an easy job being a politician, a lot of people seem to think it is, but reality is they are expected to be working 24/7.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you are to look closely at the constitutions of the respective parties, there is little difference between them at this structural level of the respective parties. When you begin to look at the Rules of the respective parties, differences begin to appear in the processes operating within the respective parties. It is the next level of the respective parties, the political parties policies, that the main differences appear between them.

All parties practice political expediency which is a fancy label to hide the corruption that lurks within this title for their power hungry actions in showing themselves in the best light to be able to feed their power hungry desires.

In 1994, the Labour party won on the promise of "saving" a potential property development by promising to stop the building of a very import dam to effectively double the storage capacity of the south east region's of Queensland to further drought proof the area. The owner of the "pine plantation" where the development was earmarked to be wanted the dam killed off and so a "corruption" campaign was instigated within the Labour, because certain National Party members had purchased land in the dam area with the intent of cashing in when the dam was finally declared as a utility infrastructure for the region for the purposes of water security. The dam was lampooned as being unsuitable because of its supposed shallow depth, and the people swallowed this "lie" as being true and ignored the fact that the proposed dam was the only viable dam site in the region between the coast and the water shed divide know as the Great Divide, between the coastal rivers and the western plains. This Great Dividing mountain range is not that high with low saddles between the various mountains within the "range" having an elevation between 400-800 metres. In fact in some places along the great divide, the only way to know where the water shed line is the sign beside the road advising you that this point is where the water shed between the two respective river system is. In this particular area the land is like a pancake and is a very big "flat" plain.

The canning of this dam was called Political expediency and the flow on cost to the state has been over $20 billion and sill counting with such follies as the Labour parties attempt to build a dam in a gravel pit to the north of the region going so far as to purchase the land necessary for the building of the said answer to a maiden's prayer dam, with it being stopped by the labour parties' buddies in the Federal Government Government sphere on the face saving grounds that the dam would impact on an ancient fish species known as the Lung Fish, that lived in that river. The Labour Party while in government, sold off all of the land that had already been purchased for the purposes of building the dam to stop the then $200,000,000 dam from being restarted again by the Nation Party if they again got into government.

The labour party only survived three years and they were not re-elected because of the Koala habitat that would be consumed by the building of a second eastern highway between Brisbane and the Gold coast. When the National Party won the keep their promise and started work on upgrading the existing highway no matter what the cost was.

Today the labour party has started the building of a modified eastern highway between the two cities. Their original plan has shown to have been needed, but it was initially stop because of the political expediency to do so to regain power by the national party.

Political parties are not there for the best interests of the people but to maintain their grip on power.

Yes Queensland is due to have an election later in the year but sadly it does not matter which political party will win, the benefit for the people they will supposedly serve is marginal at best.

This is why I find politically based forum discussion is a waste of time because of the political hacks that fill up the forum pages with their respective party dribble.

Shalom

Jay,

When you look at the Constitution of the LNP, it is pro-life, but it gives its MPs a conscience vote on contentious issues like abortion.

Oz

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's amazing to see how much more of a chance conservative minor parties have at winning in Qld for the Legislative Assembly compared to here in Victoria, nearly no chance at all. Best chance in Victoria is for a minor party is to run candidates for the upper house, even then it's not a good look in Victoria's Senate from last election.

If you live in Victoria, you probably know that it is referred to as the Democratic Republik of Victoria overseen by Dictator Dan. I have written to him several times and I guess asked questions that he doesn't want to answer as so far have not had one reply. But then I guess that is the response we can expect from a dictator.

Matthew Guy, the previous leader of the Liberals, was a friend of mine as we were at Uni together and we wrecked the Trotskyite Student Union and took it over for the first time in its history plus the student newspaper. I was the campaign manager for that success.

By the way, where do you live in Victoria? I am in Gippsland, not that far from Pakenham.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Dear old Bob is a Queenslander through and through in the same mold as Joe. He made Queensland what it is today and sure as eggs are eggs labor will destroy the economy and send Queensland to the economic rubbish bin.

With the Federal attack by labor on the Queensland coal mines and the State labor bankrupting the State, if they vote Labor in again they deserve everything they get.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Barnaby committing adultery and yet he is 'a devout Christian'??? Do you have evidence to support that? I know he said he was pro-life.
Barnaby does not talk publicly about this, because he is above that.
His wife was not backing him up, it was a hell of a slog for her to be in that position, Barnaby does not blame her for that at all, because not many people can cut such as that, when one is in the position of a man like Barnaby, attacked 24/7 it's relentless, one can not expect a woman to stand by her man anymore now a days regardless, like say Sir Joh had with his wife 100% backing him up. them days are gone ! we as a society clearly do not regard marriage as anything but a partnership now anyway and that's a fact, the Bible says such a time will come.

Barnaby is just a young bloke 50yo I think, he looks much older tho. even the PM is only in his 40's but looks like he is 60yo.
The government are all hell bound in trying to push for marriages to brake up in fact, they make such so easy.
The foundations of true Marriage has gone and not to mention that to brake up is haled as a hero type of thing nowadays, just like it is to kill a baby is nowadays and not to mention elevating Sodomites above all as heroes ! everything is geared for that 24/7 and anyone who stands up against such degenerates is attacked relentlessly. Gay pride, reckless pride you name it all the bastards peddle such like a drug. this society can not hold a candle to the past generations.

Barnaby never wanted such to happen but he had no choice.
A man has a conviction in his job and what wife backs such up nowadays ? try and find a wife that will put up with such nowadays fat chance ! unless you are making huge amounts of money through corruption then that's ok, you will find, but don't be surprised about that. but when one is being heckled in the streets and talking around groups of new age dimwits just sitting back and bag ones partner like stupid chooks nowadays what do you expect. my mum despised women who bagged their husband, as they lacked class.

Try being in Barnaby's boots, he is a great bloke. yep his marriage failed ! and because he is a conservative and a Christian he is hauled over the coals, try being in his boots and see how your wife would love to deal with all that. but if one was labour trash nothing would of been said at all, remember PM Bob Hawk talk, about a total A hole to his wife and kids, a total piss pot and played up like the mongrel dog he was but this was all totally hidden by the Media at the time ? many people seen such going on publicly, that shows how corrupt the Media are and look at how wealthy Bob got, that points clearly to total corruption for a start, his dad had no money. Yes Bob is loved and hailed as a great bloke by all ALP people regardless, but what do you expect from such drongos.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear old Bob is a Queenslander through and through in the same mold as Joe. He made Queensland what it is today and sure as eggs are eggs labor will destroy the economy and send Queensland to the economic rubbish bin.

With the Federal attack by labor on the Queensland coal mines and the State labor bankrupting the State, if they vote Labor in again they deserve everything they get.
I would not put Katter in the same mould as Sir Joh at all.

Their is no one around that takes North QLD people seriously, So Katter and his son do well.
A bloke like Fraser Anning would be a good man.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think we should drop that, the media really punished him over that one. And that was 2 years ago. It's not an easy job being a politician, a lot of people seem to think it is, but reality is they are expected to be working 24/7.
If you live in Victoria, you probably know that it is referred to as the Democratic Republik of Victoria overseen by Dictator Dan. I have written to him several times and I guess asked questions that he doesn't want to answer as so far have not had one reply. But then I guess that is the response we can expect from a dictator.

Matthew Guy, the previous leader of the Liberals, was a friend of mine as we were at Uni together and we wrecked the Trotskyite Student Union and took it over for the first time in its history plus the student newspaper. I was the campaign manager for that success.

By the way, where do you live in Victoria? I am in Gippsland, not that far from Pakenham.

I live near Warburton, I met Matthew Guy when he was doing his tours last state election, Dan Andrews seems so Melbourne focused though, if you look at all his billion dollar projects, if not all, a lot of them are about Melbourne, he removes all these level crossings in the city, when some of country Victoria doesn't even have boomgates at their level crossings.

I sure hope the Labor politicians aren't like that in Queensland.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I live near Warburton, I met Matthew Guy when he was doing his tours last state election, Dan Andrews seems so Melbourne focused though, if you look at all his billion dollar projects, if not all, a lot of them are about Melbourne, he removes all these level crossings in the city, when some of country Victoria doesn't even have boomgates at their level crossings.

I sure hope the Labor politicians aren't like that in Queensland.

I don't think Andrews known that there are bits of Victoria outside of Melbourne. Our local upper house labor member who covered this area refused to talk to me because I did not support same-sex marriage. Not surprising seeing she is a lesbian. It took our local member who is Liberal about 10 years to get lights and bells at one of our level crossings. Our local hospital is ancient and needs replacing. We have the ground for it but Andrews refuses to fund the cost of the hospital. If it was marginal labor, Andrews would have funded it a long time ago. If the Liberals get into government again, we will get a new hospital immediately.

Andrews has overspent and is on rocky ground. Victoria had a debt of $55 billion but has no spare so he has had to go cap in hand to Morrison for another $25 billion.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KAP have a good following in North Qld, where its MPs are located. However, it can't raise much support in SE Qld. KAP is pro-life.

Hmmm just saw this post on fb.

Bob Katter

Katter wants North Queensland to be a separate state by the looks, would he have any success? That would be interesting, if Nth Qld were to become a separate state, it would be the most conservative state in the whole of Australia.