BAPTISM SAVES, FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12 REASONS THE BELIEVER

IN THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD

IS ETERNALLY SECURE

1. THE CROSS PAID FOR ALL SIN

According to I Corinthians 15:1-4, Jesus Christ "died for our sins." He became our substitute and died in our place. His blood paid for our sins giving us "redemption" - freedom from sin by payment of the price (Ephesians 1:7; I Peter 1:18). The good news is, Jesus Christ's death, burial and resurrection paid for all sins. In addition, Romans 3:24,25 says, He is the "propitiation" (full satisfying payment for our sins). God the Father is satisfied with the payment Jesus Christ has made for sin. Salvation is by grace through faith because sins are fully paid for, the work is finished, done! In fact, believers are declared forgiven according to Colossians 1:12-14; and Colossians 2:13; through the blood of Christ. His blood paid for all sins: past, present and future!

Colossians 1:14 & 2:13 says: "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins ... And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses."

Now "where sin abounded, grace did much more abound" (Romans 5:20). There is no sin unpaid that could send a Believer to hell.

The rest of this can be found here, to much to post.....

http://www.rightlydividing.org/secondarypages/12REASONSFORETERNALSECURITY.htm

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have made myself clear several times. Do you want me to tell you that you yourself have followed the blind leaders? Well, you have, and they are held accountable. But you have not heard me.

"Indeed there is no other Rock;
I know not one."
Who do you follow Scott??

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i can only quote one thing after you said you have being learning from a certain person

Mat_23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

keep it up your just digging teh same grave
???? Nothing you said makes sense. :(

Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Scott - you've made nothing "clear".

On the contrary - you've danced around the issue for several posts now because you are backed into a corner from which it is difficult for ANY Protestant to get out.

You have made it clear that the doctrine of the Real Presence in the Eucharist is a false doctrine which breeds idolatry. I have asked you point-blank about whether or not the Early Church Fathers who UNANIMOUSLY believed in and taught millions about the Real Presence would be held accountable for their "false" teaching. YOU simply stated that they might not because they "knew not" what they were teaching - which is a crock.
ALL of the ECFs were Church leaders - Popes, Bishops, Priests, etc.

I presented SEVERAL verses of Scripture that show Teachers will be held to a more stringent judgment that those whom they lead astray (James 3:1, Matt. 15:14, Luke 12:48, Heb 13:17, Mark 9:42) - and all YOU can do is point your finger back at ME.
I didn't ask you about ME - I asked you about THEM.

YOU need to decide whether or not the ECFs perverted the Gospel and were teaching "doctrines of devils" (1 Tim. 4:1) with their unanimous teachings on the Real Presence.

So, I ask you again - DID they pervert the Gospel and teach "doctrines of devils" with their unanimous teachings on the Eucharist - or were they RIGHT??
You dancing around the truth with millions of fellows for millennia, does not mean I have been dancing around. It just looks that way from your perspective.

As for my "forgive them for they know not what they do" explanation regarding "some" of those who have taught false doctrine - now you speak against Christ. Now, that, is dancing.

The early church fathers absolutely perverted the gospel - they were wrong.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not surprised.....
I find it refreshing that you are not surprised that you post makes no sense. At least you have enough honesty to acknowledgment that your post make no sense unlike some on this forum like @ScottA.

Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it refreshing that you are not surprised that you post makes no sense. At least you have enough honesty to acknowledgment that your post make no sense unlike some on this forum like @ScottA.

Mary
Ah...since you include/dis me, I will break the news to you: He did not mean that his posts actually make no sense - just not to you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool down Mary. I have told you already.
I agree......You have articulated your fantasy to me. You believe you follow the Holy Spirit. So did Martin Luther.

Soooooo how is it that both you and Martin Luther preach opposite of each other??? Are you confused? Was Martin Luther Confused? Or is the Holy Spirit confused???

Curious Mary

(I know you won't answer me but I thought it would be fun to see how you dodge that question)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah...since you include/dis me, I will break the news to you: He did not mean that his posts actually make no sense - just not to you.
Lol.....your killing me Scott.......you really can't see that I was....NEVER MIND....you really didn't see it.....;)

You believe the Holy Spirit can guide you to (improperly) interpret scripture but your lack of noticing sarcasm is frightening. o_O

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey....When are you gonna let me know (you keep dodging me) how the Apostolic and ECF's where wrong about scripture you, 2,000 year later, you are right??? Has the Holy Spirit evolved in it's teaching over 2,000 years or are you listening to a false teacher?

Curious Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Mary
that is simply Mary because you choose the doctrines of your religion to the truth, like all religious people, just like Jesus said,

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

and again

Joh_9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Joh_9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh_9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

and more so

Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

it wont change till Christ comes, and that is not far off.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The early church fathers absolutely perverted the gospel - they were wrong.
Okay - so NOW we're getting somewhere . . .

-
The Early Church Fathers were the ones who passed the Christian faith down from the Apostles
- The Early Church Fathers were the ones who were butchered by the Romans for their beliefs. They were the Early Martyrs of the Church.
- The Early Church Fathers were the ones who compiled and declared the NT Canon of Scripture that YOU and ALL Protestants adhere to.
- The Early Church Fathers ALL taught the Real Presence in the Eucharist - which YOU say is a "perversion" of the Gospel.

According to the Bible - those who teach FALSE doctrines are guilty of leading people to perdition and it wold be better for them had they never been born.

HOWEVER
- the Early Church Fathers - the martyrs - are spoken of as being in HEAVEN, according to Rev. 6:9 . . .
Rev. 6:9

When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"

Ergo - they did NOT pervert the Gospel and their UNANIMOUS belief and teaching on the Real Presences which THEY attributed to the Apostles is correct.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree......You have articulated your fantasy to me. You believe you follow the Holy Spirit. So did Martin Luther.

Soooooo how is it that both you and Martin Luther preach opposite of each other??? Are you confused? Was Martin Luther Confused? Or is the Holy Spirit confused???

Curious Mary

(I know you won't answer me but I thought it would be fun to see how you dodge that question)
1 Corinthians 3:10
According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is simply Mary because you choose the doctrines of your religion to the truth, like all religious people, just like Jesus said,

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

and again

Joh_9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Joh_9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh_9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

and more so

Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

it wont change till Christ comes, and that is not far off.
At least you have enough honesty to acknowledgment that your post make no sense....Just like the FACT that you choose the doctrines of your own simple mind.

Mary

BTW....Scripture also told us to look out for you and your ilk (Matthew 7:15 and 2Peter 3:16)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.

Ohhhh....so you are building on Martin Luther's heretical teachings???? He set the foundation and you are building on top of that???:eek:

After all, if what you are teaching is true then that means what Luther taught was false which makes his teachings heretical. Soooo you KNOW your teachings aren't heretical????

Curious Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohhhh....so you are building on Martin Luther's heretical teachings???? He set the foundation and you are building on top of that???:eek:

After all, if what you are teaching is true then that means what Luther taught was false which makes his teachings heretical. Soooo you KNOW your teachings aren't heretical????

Curious Mary
Mary, if you want your prostlization attempts on here to be remotely successful, you're first going to need to come to understand how a non-Catholic person approaches scripture and understanding it. Right now you're driving people away from yourself and anything Catholic at a million miles per hour.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Scott,

I prayed, and understanding was given me; I called upon God, and the spirit of wisdom came to me.

That understanding that God gave me and that spirit of wisdom that God has reveled to me is that you are a false builder and you twist scripture to your own destruction.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, if you want your prostlization attempts on here to be remotely successful, you're first going to need to come to understand how a non-Catholic person approaches scripture and understanding it. Right now you're driving people away from yourself and anything Catholic at a million miles per hour.
I am not proselytizing. I am revealing FALSE the proselytism of @ScottA which is what scripture tells us we are supposed to do.

BTW......Are you ever going to apologize to me????

Mary