BAPTISM SAVES, FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You may not be SDA, but you preach the same false histories as they do. The councils of Nicae, Ephesus, Constantinople and Chalcedon clarified the doctrine of the Trinity because of challenging heretics, and the verdicts of these councils are accepted by Protestants, Orthodox and Catholics. These earthly, physical CATHOLIC bishops, who preserved the truths of the Trinity, guided by the Holy Spirit, were a bunch of charlatans and blind leaders, according to you.

You sever your own roots.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer to the OP is you don’t have to be baptized with water to receive salvation, but if your baptized before being saved you just come out of the water a clean sinner.
WHO told you that - because that's NOT what Christ taught.
John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol......I never said Christ forced people to listen to his truth.....only you have.....several times....and I don’t know why.
Because I'm trying to make that point to you: Christ didn't force. And neither should we. We need to follow His example, and acknowledge that other people have their choices, even when the choices they make are awful. That acknowledgement is part of loving that person. Trying to force them to change (such as through constant loveless preaching at) is not Christ's ways.
Are you suggesting that you have never told me what you think about my beliefs or what your beliefs you have discerned from scripture?????
Again: I have never prosylized at you. I acknowledge your ability to choose.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He's another ignorant anti-Catholic blinded by sheer hatred - just like YOU . . .
Yes BOL hate religion, all of it which is so sad to see @Phoneman777 telling you how bad yours is when his is just the same, Yours the mothers of harlots his just one of the ugly daughters. Unless dave hunt is god, dont have to know him.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes BOL hate religion, all of it which is so sad to see @Phoneman777 telling you how bad yours is when his is just the same, Yours the mothers of harlots his just one of the ugly daughters. Unless dave hunt is god, dont have to know him.
What Jesuit Dead Bread and you, perhaps, don't understand is that there is a very solemn warning not to accept the Mark of the Beast because those who do are lost for eternity, so all I'm doing is pointing out who the Beast is - the papacy - so that papists and catholics can "come out of her, My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins and receive not of her plagues."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What Jesuit Dead Bread and you, perhaps, don't understand is that there is a very solemn warning not to accept the Mark of the Beast because those who do are lost for eternity, so all I'm doing is pointing out who the Beast is - the papacy - so that papists and catholics can "come out of her, My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins and receive not of her plagues."
Yep that includes her ugly daughters.... all of them.

Rev_17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO told you that - because that's NOT what Christ taught.
John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.
What I find most inconsistent about the papacy is that it claims to be "above the Bible" yet uses the Bible to establish its authority...sorta like which came first, the altar boy or the pedophile priest.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Silly me - I thought you and Dave hunt learned from the same morons.
The idiocy has spread father than I had hoped . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Silly me - I thought you and Dave hunt learned from the same morons.
The idiocy has spread father than I had hoped . . .
Oh so God Jesus and the Holy Spirit are morons, know we know what you think of God ... Out of mens hearts...

Mar_7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

you are so much fun...not.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find most inconsistent about the papacy is that it claims to be "above the Bible" yet uses the Bible to establish its authority...sorta like which came first, the altar boy or the pedophile priest.
Actually - this is just another one of your false statements that you got from taking the words of a Protestant minister and attributing it to a Catholic.

Pretty pathetic, Phoney . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so God Jesus and the Holy Spirit are morons, know we know what you think of God ... Out of mens hearts...
you are so much fun...not.
You didn't learn that from God because He's not an idiot.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I thought your interpretation of Scripture was a feat of acrobatics . . .

Their teachings on the Eucharist were unanimous but not their testimonies??
Can you produce ONE single testimony from an Early Church Father that DENIES the Real Presence??
Just show me ONE and I'll drop this . . .
No...but I take your word for it...because it doesn't matter. It doesn't mean their testimony was that of a leader. Many leaders were followers, not of Christ, but of men. I suspect that is the case even with yourself. For me, it's not.

But that is not the point...only the apostles can say they personally followed Christ alone - and even one of them was a devil, and Jesus called Peter Satan while in His presence. As I said, you are assuming an airtight perfection of the men who lead the church down through the ages...and they weren't even perfect from the start, nor in the first century, nor now. Your position is full of holes...just as it was for Israel, His chosen. You don't have to feel bad about it - it just is what it is. The reason is...it is made up of men, a temple made with hands.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...but I take your word for it...because it doesn't matter. It doesn't mean their testimony was that of a leader. Many leaders were followers, not of Christ, but of men. I suspect that is the case even with yourself. For me, it's not.

But that is not the point...only the apostles can say they personally followed Christ alone - and even one of them was a devil, and Jesus called Peter Satan while in His presence. As I said, you are assuming an airtight perfection of the men who lead the church down through the ages...and they weren't even perfect from the start, nor in the first century, nor now. Your position is full of holes...just as it was for Israel, His chosen. You don't have to feel bad about it - it just is what it is. The reason is...it is made up of men, a temple made with hands.
Actually - I' not "assuming" anything.
I DO admit - I am having fun watching you twist and bend around an actual answer - not I'm not assuming anything.

I am saying PLAINLY that the doctrine of the Real Presence was a UNANIMOUS belief and teaching of the Church since the beginning.
I have openly challenged you to find even ONE Early Church writing who disagreed with this doctrine and you can't even to that. WHY??
Because this is a universally-held belief of the Early Church.

There were many non-essential matters that the ECFs debated strenuously - but the Real Presence was NOT one of them and you can't sow that it was . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I'm trying to make that point to you: Christ didn't force. And neither should we. We need to follow His example, and acknowledge that other people have their choices, even when the choices they make are awful. That acknowledgement is part of loving that person. Trying to force them to change (such as through constant loveless preaching at) is not Christ's ways.

Again: I have never prosylized at you. I acknowledge your ability to choose.
Then your definition of “prostylize” is different than the dictionary.

Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then your definition of “prostylize” is different than the dictionary.

Mary
Not really.

proselytize
verb
pros·e·ly·tize | \ˈprä-s(ə-)lə-ˌtīz \
proselytized; proselytizing
Definition of proselytize

intransitive verb

1: to induce someone to convert to one's faith

2: to recruit someone to join one's party, institution, or cause

transitive verb

: to recruit or convert especially to a new faith, institution, or cause

I have made no effort to change your faith-- I fully acknowledge that you are Catholic, and have made (and will make) zero effort to change that or recruit you.

Reactions: tabletalk

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - I' not "assuming" anything.
I DO admit - I am having fun watching you twist and bend around an actual answer - not I'm not assuming anything.

I am saying PLAINLY that the doctrine of the Real Presence was a UNANIMOUS belief and teaching of the Church since the beginning.
I have openly challenged you to find even ONE Early Church writing who disagreed with this doctrine and you can't even to that. WHY??
Because this is a universally-held belief of the Early Church.

There were many non-essential matters that the ECFs debated strenuously - but the Real Presence was NOT one of them and you can't sow that it was . . .
Nice try, but I have already established that "none are righteous." So, if you want to prove that every church father is righteous in their roll as leaders in the church and in complete agreement to the real presence doctrine...it's on you. I say again - they all are not.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

"As I said, you are assuming an airtight perfection of the men who lead the church down through the ages." ANOTHER LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL. That's why you don't quote directly. No one said popes and bishops had airtight perfection. No one has ever assumed any pope or bishop was impeccable. That is another one of your BIG FAT STRAW MAN FALLACIES.
You like yapping off about Peter as if Jesus changed his name a second time. There are 70+ verses in the NT about Peter's leadership and you can only find 3 negative ones, and flag them as if that's all the Bible says about Peter. Your agenda is obvious.

You’re trying to set the Bible against the Church, which is typical Protestant methodology, and ultra-unbiblical. The Bible never does that. I’ve already given the example of the Jerusalem Council, which plainly shows the infallibility of the Church.

The Bible repeatedly teaches that the Church is indefectible; therefore, the hypothetical of rejecting the (one true, historic) Church, as supposedly going against the Bible, is impossible according to the Bible. It is not a situation that would ever come up, because of God’s promised protection. (that you deny)

What the Bible says is to reject those who cause divisions, which is the very essence of the onset of Protestantism: schism, sectarianism, and division. It is Protestantism that departed from the historic Church, which is indefectible and infallible (see also 1 Tim 3:15).

The one true Church is and always will be in harmony with God’s inspired revelation, the Bible. Thus, we reject any form of Protestantism, because they fail this test.

...and the historical pedigree that the fathers always taught was necessary. Every heretic in the history of the world thumbed their nose at the institutional Church and went by Scripture alone. It is the heretical worldview to do so, precisely because they know they can’t prove that their views were passed down through history in an unbroken succession.
(this is why you dismiss the ECF, none of them taught your man made innovations)

Therefore, heresies and Protestantism either had to play games with history (which you constantly) in order to pretend that it fits with their views, or ignore it altogether.

Paul was under Church authority, in various ways. Of course, all authority ultimately comes from God (Paul was called before he was born: Gal 1:15). It is the pitting of the ultimate source against the secondary, human source (the Church) which is the problem in your approach and that of Protestantism in general. You guys don’t like human, institutional authority and don’t have enough faith to believe that God can and does preserve it, so you try to undermine it by fallacious arguments, as presently.

No doubt you aren’t even aware that you are doing it. To do this is automatic in Protestantism; it’s like breathing. It’s like the fish that doesn’t know it’s in water. It all comes from the rejection of the infallibility of the Church (which is one thing that sola Scriptura always entails).
AGAIN, SCOTT, INFALLIBILTY OF THE CHURCH DOES NOT MEAN LEADERS DON'T SIN, GET IT YET???

In Galatians 1-2 Paul is referring to his initial conversion. But even then God made sure there was someone else around, to urge him to get baptized (Ananias: Acts 22:12-16). He received the revelation initially and then sought to have it confirmed by Church authority (Gal 2:1-2); then his authority was accepted or verified by James, Peter, and John (Gal 2:9). So we see that the Bible doesn’t pit the divine call directly from God, against Church authority, as you do. You do it because it is Protestant man-made tradition to do so; period, and because the Protestant has to always undermine the authority of the Church, and the Catholic Church, in order to bolster his own anti-system, that was set up against the historic Church in the first place.

Protestants don’t have enough faith to believe that God could preserve an infallible Church, even though they can muster up even more faith than that, which is required to believe in an infallible Bible written by a bunch of sinners and hypocrites.

We simply have more faith than you guys do. It’s a supernatural gift. We believe that the authoritative Church is also a key part of God’s plan to save the souls of men. We follow the model of the Jerusalem Council, whereas you guys reject that or ignore it, because it doesn’t fit in with the man-made tradition of Protestantism and a supposedly non-infallible Church.

Dialogue with a Calvinist: Was Paul a "Lone Ranger"?

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nice try, but I have already established that "none are righteous." So, if you want to prove that every church father is righteous in their roll as leaders in the church and in complete agreement to the real presence doctrine...it's on you. I say again - they all are not.
You assume everyone is unrighteous. Psalm 53 says that among the wicked, "none are righteous", because not everybody is wicked, if you bother to read the context. You reduce the Psalm to a Calvinist slogan. You twist and distort scripture to your own destruction. It's a perverted attempt to discredit the UNANYMOUS teaching that went unchallenged for 15 centuries THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH "NONE ARE RIGHTEOUS". It seems impossible for you to understand that sinners can teach infallibly.
"none are righteous" is not the catch all verse you think it is.
The onus is on you to find any Early Church Father that opposed Eucharistic teachings. You can't, so you play polemical games; and obfuscate with irrelevant bible quotes.

Last edited: