Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
exactly so but who is falsely claiming this testimony - again claiming false inspiration and guidance - twinc

I STILL don't understand why what another person believes make YOU so angry and bitter... Take a deep breath and just pray if you believe that others are in error. Lest you sin against them.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not at all - where ? - twinc

I posted these versus for you in another thread, so I'll post them here where its more appropriate. For anyone with eyes to see who are honest, these verses should be pretty self-explanatory. They clearly state he baptized the apostles, I don't recall him or anyone else doing the same for Mary though. If there is no such verse, then for those who claim that Mary was so holy and full of the holy spirit, more so than any of his apostles, you can take these verses in your pipe and smoke it, inhale it all, just let it sink in.

(John 3:18-22) "¶ He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. {19} And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. {20} For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. {21} But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. {22} ¶ After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judæa; and there he tarried with them, and baptized."

(John 4:1-2) "When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, {2} (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"(John 4:1-2) "When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, {2} (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)"

this is what comes of reading Scripture in dead languages imo

2(though Jesus Himself was not baptizing, but His disciples were),

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I STILL don't understand why what another person believes make YOU so angry and bitter... Take a deep breath and just pray if you believe that others are in error. Lest you sin against them.
Hi BG,

Maybe it makes him so angry and bitter is because what another person believes/preaches may not be The Truth?

Does it make you angry and bitter that Muslims believe it is ok to kill homosexuals and your fellow Christians? You know they do this based on their BELIEFS.

If you don't get angry because The Truth is distorted, like some Christians distort the truth (ie Westboro Baptist Church) then are you really defending Christ teachings like we are instructed to do?

As we know, Jesus got angry. The Apostles got angry. But YOU preach that we shouldn't get angry when The Truth is distorted?

Let me be clear....I am not saying that twinc is preaching The Truth. He is only defending what he believes is The Truth.

Do you KNOW the truth BG?

IHS...Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
exactly so but who is falsely claiming this testimony - again claiming false inspiration and guidance - twinc
as i said, you can take it up with Him..

(Gal 4:29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Are you not born again,?? Are you not born of the Spirit, why do you despise those that choose to do as Christ said, and follow Him and be Led by the spirit, its a hard thing and so few are wiling to swim against the flow, be called a fool for His sake.

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. God is not a respecter of person. if one need to be water baptized to enter in into the Kingdom, then it must be for all and every who enter, correct. scripture, Acts 3:19 "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord". here "blotted" out is the Greek word,
G1813 ἐξαλείφω exaleipho (ex-a-lei'-fō) v.
1. to rub out, i.e. obliterate, erase.
2. (figuratively) to pardon sin.
[from G1537 and G218]
KJV: blot out, wipe away

Notice how the KJV can translate this word, "wipe away". what's another word for "wipe?" WASH. so here the apostle Peter is telling the people to have their SINS, "WASHED" AWAY by A. repenting. B. be converted. Acts 2:37 & 38 "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Peter Baptized with water FOR, FOR the remission of Sins. let's support this.1 Peter 3:21 "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ". the ANSWER of a Good conscience toward God? that's repentance. NO REPENTANCE, NO SALVATION. what was John's Baptism? Luke 3:2 "Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins". why did John preach this? Luke 1:76 "And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins". Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children".

the bible is clear. repent and be received.

Reactions: epostle1

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
were the Apostles and Mary etc baptised = who decides whether the answer is yes or no - twinc

Hello twinc,

The Scriptures are our source of knowledge, and on this they are silent, so we should be too. Conjecture is not a good thing, for it can lead to error.

In Christ Jesus
charity

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Hello twinc,

The Scriptures are our source of knowledge, and on this they are silent, so we should be too. Conjecture is not a good thing, for it can lead to error.

In Christ Jesus
charity

who here is the our you are including here - nowhere in Scripture does it say Mary had children other than Jesus so who dares to say so - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
who here is the our you are including here - nowhere in Scripture does it say Mary had children other than Jesus so who dares to say so - twinc

Y.A W N...same old chestnuts...we have been there AND DONE THAT ONE..
Over and over again....There is already a thread or two on that subject. Groan.:rolleyes:

WELCOME @charity...sorry for my delay in welcoming you. :)

Reactions: pia

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke 2
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

The word "firstborn" indicates she had other sons after Jesus. At least one anyway.

default_sad030.gif

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 2
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

The word "firstborn" indicates she had other sons after Jesus. At least one anyway.

default_sad030.gif

Oh Job...you fell for his trap...remember how he went on and on last time, over this pet subject of his? ! :D :D :D

Reactions: pia

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Job...you fell for his trap...remember how he went on and on last time, over this pet subject of his? ! :D :D :D

He needs to lay better traps. I simply posted a truth and try as he might, he can't undo it.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 2

default_sad030.gif

not at all - where is he mentioned except in your imaginatioin - twinc

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not at all - where is he mentioned except in your imaginatioin - twinc

And where is it mentioned that Mary only had one child? Where is this mentioned, other than your imagination?

Don't tell me I'm wrong, show me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and 101G

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
And where is it mentioned that Mary only had one child? Where is this mentioned, other than your imagination?

you are the one that must only accept what is in the bible - this does not apply to me - btw it is in the bible that Joseph was father to Jesus and this was believed and accepted by the Jews - so why is what is definitely in the bible not accepted and what is definitely not in the bible accepted - twinc

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are the one that must only accept what is in the bible - this does not apply to me

Yes, I know. You just make stuff up at random and when you corner yourself through your own deceitfulness, you run away.
default_sneaking.gif

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I know. You just make stuff up at random and when you corner yourself through your own deceitfulness, you run away.
default_sneaking.gif

run away - you must be joking, it seems you and some others wish I would - twinc