Be Comforted by this Scripture about the very near Rapture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Why is it you can't tell me when the rapture became near? =======I CAN!! We are seeing all the signs Jesus says would be seen just before His return and we know the rapture comes before His return so how very close the rapture must be!!
v 4 :14 who are those that sleep,(died)in Christ?========those that sleep(died) in Christ are all the believers (church) that have died and gone to be with God. (Only the body dies==not the spirit)

Simple, very simple question.When did the rapture become imminent ?

What you saying don't make sense.You say it's (rapture) near because of the signs ,but I thought it didn't need no signs.Then you say it happens before the signs Christ gave us,because the signs He gave happens after just before the rapture .

Sooo the rapture could not happen before these signs,correct?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel becoming a nation in 1948 and regaining control of Jerusalem in 1967 were the last two huge signs that the rapture (catching up of believers) is very near!! Don't be left behind!!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must understand that the Rapture of the Church is imminent. That doesn't mean it's going to happen today or sometime next week. But it does means that it could happen at any time - even in the next second. There are no signs to be fulfilled before the Rapture. That's how every generation of Christians could legitimately hope for the Lord's appearing in their time, even before signs of the end of the age became acute. We don't need signs to expect the Rapture.

But in this generation, we see tremendous signs that the Tribulation period is near. And since the Rapture must take place before the Tribulation, signs that the Tribulation is near mean that the Rapture must be extremely near.

What are the signs? Two stand out.

One - Israel. End-time signs revolve around Israel, but until 1948, there was no Israel. God bringing that ancient nation back to life - vividly predicted over and over in scripture - gives meaning and urgency to all the other signs.

Two - in our day, we see a convergence of signs. In other words, they're happening all at once. No generation ever saw anything like this.

But these signal the Rapture only in the sense that the Rapture must take place before the Tribulation. So, is our generation different? Yes. I'm convinced it is.=== Hal Lindsey

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But these signal the Rapture only in the sense that the Rapture must take place before the Tribulation. So, is our generation different? Yes. I'm convinced it is.=== Hal Lindsey
But 1 Thessalonians 4:17 is quite clear: those who remain will meet Jesus when He Returns. AFTER He has departed from heaven. AFTER the Great Tribulation.
Matthew 24:29-31 is indisputable. Why do you promote lies Gismys?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Those that choose to become believers after the rapture will meet Jesus when He returns BUT many will die under anti-Christ rule and the years of the great tribulation judgments!!! Jesus says,"pray you be counted worthy to escape and believers are raptured are not appointed to wrath.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Israel becoming a nation in 1948 and regaining control of Jerusalem in 1967 were the last two huge signs that the rapture (catching up of believers) is very near!! Don't be left behind!!

Again ,I thought the rapture didn't need signs.My question does it or does it not ?It can't be both....

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!!! We are seeing all the signs Jesus gave us to look for just before His return and we know the rapture comes first so how close must it be??

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
We must understand that the Rapture of the Church is imminent. That doesn't mean it's going to happen today or sometime next week. But it does means that it could happen at any time - even in the next second. There are no signs to be fulfilled before the Rapture. That's how every generation of Christians could legitimately hope for the Lord's appearing in their time, even before signs of the end of the age became acute. We don't need signs to expect the Rapture.

That's straight contradictory ,again when could it had happened anytime.This teaching is setting people up to be deceived.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
satan comes first period,and the whole world will be deceived into thinking he is Christ,true biblical fact,so where does the rapture fit within this?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple, very simple question.When did the rapture become imminent ?

Given that Daniel's 70th week (Tribulation period) is quickly approaching because the end-time signs bear witness to this fact, then the Rapture must be imminent because time is running out for a pre-tribulation Rapture to happen; this is the point that the poster is making. Quite simple to understand.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture could be yet today==that is how close it must be because ALL the signs Jesus said we would see just before His return we are seeing today and we know the rapture is at least seven years before Jesus returns to earth with the raptured believers to defeat all evil and set up His kingdom here.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Given that Daniel's 70th week (Tribulation period) is quickly approaching because the end-time signs bear witness to this fact, then the Rapture must be imminent because time is running out for a pre-tribulation Rapture to happen; this is the point that the poster is making. Quite simple to understand.
Why do you believe something that is not prophesied in the Bible?
The Lord never says He will take the Church to heaven. We must endure until the end, until Jesus Returns. THAT is simple to understand, not the pretentious nonsense of floating off to heaven.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two witnesses raptured show us how it works==Revelation 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Reactions: 07-07-07

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you believe something that is not prophesied in the Bible?
The Lord never says He will take the Church to heaven. We must endure until the end, until Jesus Returns. THAT is simple to understand, not the pretentious nonsense of floating off to heaven.

If you can't see what is written, then how can I persuade you? The Rapture is very clearly written in Scripture; the timing is the mystery.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord never says He will take the Church to heaven.
Well you simply ignored what the Lord said about taking the Church to Heaven. Where is "my Father's house" (when Christ spoke of it)?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Thessalonians 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
A great passage, indeed, about the rapture of the church.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you can't see what is written, then how can I persuade you? The Rapture is very clearly written in Scripture; the timing is the mystery.
I know my Bible very well, having written over 800 articles and studies mainly on the Prophetic Word.
I have not seen any seen any scripture that says the Lord will take His people to heaven. Either put up or hold your peace.
Well you simply ignored what the Lord said about taking the Church to Heaven. Where is "my Father's house" (when Christ spoke of it)?
John 14:1-4 says several things; I am preparing a place for you, I will come again, and you will be with Me Always.

The place: Plainly this is a reference to the New Jerusalem, that comes to the earth after the Millennium. Revelation 21:1-7
I will come again: The glorious Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign. Revelation 19:11, Matthew 24:30
with Jesus always: After those whose names are in the Book of Life have received immortality. Revelation 20:11-12, 1 Corinthians 15:50-56
Any other ideas about this prophecy are just dreams and fantasies.
I suggest that those who want to believe in a 'rapture' take Pauls advice and have nothing to do with superstitious myths and old wives tales. 1 Timothy 4:7

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says==
John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The rapture could be yet today==that is how close it must be because ALL the signs Jesus said we would see just before His return we are seeing today and we know the rapture is at least seven years before Jesus returns to earth with the raptured believers to defeat all evil and set up His kingdom here.

Again and again,I thought the rapture don't need signs.I'm not understanding how you all are using all the signs from Matt 24 for His 2nd coming for this false rapture.As my friend Spock would say,it's illogical