Behold, a New Heavens and a New Earth!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With the apostasy the rapture occurs to end the church age. Those remaining in the world are ungodly, some of which turn to God as tabulation Saints. Two thirds of the world population will die and then all who take the mark killed at the second coming.

In the MK those that survive and make it to it see lifespans as long as the pre-flood people. Christ will rule from Jerusalem, Ezekiel's Temple will be built. Israel will return as covenant nation and the new covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah will go into place, law will return, but an improvement over Mosaic law.

Every day there's fewer born again believers and the rest of the world keeps sliding downhill.

Read the 6 and 7th churches of revelation. Number 6 is raptured and the dominant 7th of this time is spit out into the Tribulation Period.

Where you see all of this goodness worth saving amazes me.

Sure sounds like covenant theology to me.

Even with the world seeing Christ sin continues and at the end of the MK Satan will lead another army to attack Jerusalem. So the world turns on Christ even with him staring them in the face.

I think I see your confusion....the conversation is not about the Millennial Kingdom or when it might be or what might happen during it. At all. The conversation is about the eternal age.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We will eat for pleasure not need. Our selection will be 12 fruits.

Bible says we will be neither male or female. So the plumbing ain't there.

Why are you applying the biological rules of our earthly bodies to glorified bodies?

So....when Jesus raised from the dead he was genderless? No...the bible clearly says *He* when talking about Jesus. And it doesn't say that there will be neither male or female in the eternal age, just that there won't be marriage. That means that we won't be spending our times and passions thinking about each other that way. Can you imagine? How much of a mess do we make of things because of sex? It can be a good gift from God, but I think when we love each other like brothers and sisters and have our most intense love and passion (just not in that way!) for God, all our needs will be complete.

Reactions: friend of

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do some study on photographic memory and editic member. It is fascinating but also surrounded by a bunch of myths.

I can remember a lot details very precisely that others cannot. But remembering people's names I stink at.

And no, it does not require a disorder to have it. Everybody have, or what varies is the degree and longevity of the memories.

Being able to forget is critical to our mental health.

Without a doubt Adam demonstrated he was able to do more with his brain and we can today.

I do believe in eternity our mental capacity will be greatly enhanced. Obviously things need to be different when facing an eternity where we do not even need sleep.

Good grief, we cannot even conceive of eternity.

Question: where did you get the idea that we would not sleep in eternity?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Cor 15
[40] There are also celestial bodies, and bodies Terrestrial ...

I see those as two DIFFeRENT bodies....yet it is already known, celestial bodies can take upon themselves the appearence of a terrestrial body.

Taken
Wouldn't this be a reference to the angelic beings? Of whom we are not now, nor will not be in the future? Now we have an earthly body, like Adam. Then we will have a spiritual body, like Christ. To my mind, the difference to between the 'heavenly' bodies and the 'spiritual' bodies is where Christ meets us in the middle! In his resurrected form he shows that physical and heavenly meet! He eats and yet disappears from view and pops through walls! Very cool!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Question: where did you get the idea that we would not sleep in eternity?

This is another thing I'm wondering about. If we dream, maybe our dreams will actually be coherent and we'll be able to make use of them somehow.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Spiritual indicates religious beliefs. Spirit indicates a nonphysical being.

On this earth a Christian is spiritual with a physical body and the spirit within it.

The dead in Christ are spirits with no physical body.

The resurrection is the raising and restoring to life of the the physical body, which the spirit returns to.

Glorification is the cleansing of the physical body in nature so that it is in harmony with the spirit.

Christ is in a glorified body, which is not the same as our physical body on this earth. So you can't equate what a glorified body can do to being a spirit. It is very different.

Angels are spirit but we see in the Bible where they were able to eat and drink.

A lot of this confusion come from the old incorrect use of Holy Ghost, which is not in the Bible.

A ghost is a nonmaterial body which actually doesn't exist.

Demons are spirits but can go through walls, fly, appear and disappear and possess people.

There's just too much inaccuracy out there among the born-again on this subject.
I'm going to have to disagree, based on 1 Cor 15. It says that the first Adam was a man of dust, a man from the earth. But the second Adam (who came as a man of the earth) became a life-giving spirit. Paul is talking about Christ's resurrection body here. And while Christ's new body could do some awesome stuff, it was still a physical, no immaterial body. I believe that 'spiritual' reference is in regards to a body that is animated and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Keep in mind here that we only have Christ himself to use as an example here. We mustn't try and hold up angels as examples, because they are not, only Christ is the firstfruits of what we will be.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is another thing I'm wondering about. If we dream, maybe our dreams will actually be coherent and we'll be able to make use of them somehow.
That's interesting. I wonder if Jesus would come to us in our dreams. I've often wondered how we'll get to see him as much as we want. God is everywhere, but if Jesus is still in his resurrected, physical body, which we have no reason to suspect otherwise, then can he be in multiple places at the same time? I assume he can, because, well...still God. But for me, it will be less...'heaven' if we only get to see him once in a hundred years!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wouldn't this be a reference to the angelic beings?

It doesn't say angelic beings. It says celestial bodies. Which is a reference to bodies whose estate is the created Heavens..

Of whom we are not now, nor will not be in the future? Now we have an earthly body, like Adam. Then we will have a spiritual body, like Christ.

I believe Christ Jesus IS a spiritual/celestrial Body, and took upon Himself a Terrestrial Body (prepared of God)...and BY and THROUGH the Power of God....Some men WILL take upon themselves a spiritual/celestrial body....and then men will see Him as He is.

To my mind, the difference to between the 'heavenly' bodies and the 'spiritual' bodies is where Christ meets us in the middle! In his resurrected form he shows that physical and heavenly meet! He eats and yet disappears from view and pops through walls! Very cool!

Get your meaning, and in my words would say the transformation is effected by and through the power of God.

God Bless,
Taken

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did you get this? It might be nice if you're right, but I'm not aware of any scripture that sheds light on this fact. We know that in our glorified bodies we will still eat. And, unless God does one heck of a make over to the whole system, wouldn't the concept of "what goes in must come out" still take effect...?

No, I don't think so because that would make us "unclean" both literally and spiritually. There will be no male or female so what would the need be for sexual or nursing organs? We will be like the angels in that respect, and I just can't picture them going on a mission for God and needing to use a rest stop. Imo, having a perfect body would require the ability to eat perfectly with a perfect system that absorbs it w/o creating waste. While we may have a body it will not be like our old one.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting. I wonder if Jesus would come to us in our dreams. I've often wondered how we'll get to see him as much as we want. God is everywhere, but if Jesus is still in his resurrected, physical body, which we have no reason to suspect otherwise, then can he be in multiple places at the same time? I assume he can, because, well...still God. But for me, it will be less...'heaven' if we only get to see him once in a hundred years!

I don't think we will be sleeping, we won't need to, God has become our rest.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So....when Jesus raised from the dead he was genderless? No...the bible clearly says *He* when talking about Jesus. And it doesn't say that there will be neither male or female in the eternal age, just that there won't be marriage. That means that we won't be spending our times and passions thinking about each other that way. Can you imagine? How much of a mess do we make of things because of sex? It can be a good gift from God, but I think when we love each other like brothers and sisters and have our most intense love and passion (just not in that way!) for God, all our needs will be complete.

In that respect, Jesus will be unique, he will be the only one to have any scars. The bible says that we will be known as we are known so we might present ourselves as having a male or female spirit. Gal. 3:28, if he doesn't see us as male or female now, why would he in eternity, it also says we will be like the angels and while they have mostly appeared to humans as male, the bible doesn't characterize them as either sex.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Masculine was used to indicate one in authority. Cultural, not biological.

Matthew 22:30 New International Version (NIV)
30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Luke 20:35-36 New International Version (NIV)
35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.

Galatians 3:28 New International Version (NIV)
28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Angel and God is always masculine neither are males or female.

The Greek word for "angel" in the New Testament, angelos, is in the masculine form. In fact, a feminine form of angelos does not exist.

Male and female is for reproduction.

He was male until glorified.

So those in the Lake will be male and female.

I will not miss shaving.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to have to disagree, based on 1 Cor 15. It says that the first Adam was a man of dust, a man from the earth. But the second Adam (who came as a man of the earth) became a life-giving spirit. Paul is talking about Christ's resurrection body here. And while Christ's new body could do some awesome stuff, it was still a physical, no immaterial body. I believe that 'spiritual' reference is in regards to a body that is animated and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Keep in mind here that we only have Christ himself to use as an example here. We mustn't try and hold up angels as examples, because they are not, only Christ is the firstfruits of what we will be.

The body of Adam is made from dust and then God breathed his spirit into him. He wasn't alive until his spirit was created.

Yes, Christ was resurrected in his physical earthly body. But when he ascended to heaven it was glorified, no longer an earthly body.

Spiritual pertains to the spirit but is not the spirit.

Spiritual

Strong's Number: 4152

Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
pneumatikovß from (4151)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Pneumatikos 6:332,876
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
pnyoo-mat-ik-os' Adjective
Definition
  1. relating to the human spirit, or rational soul, as part of the man which is akin to God and serves as his instrument or organ
    1. that which possesses the nature of the rational soul
  2. belonging to a spirit, or a being higher than man but inferior to God
  3. belonging to the Divine Spirit
    1. of God the Holy Spirit
    2. one who is filled with and governed by the Spirit of God
  4. pertaining to the wind or breath; windy, exposed to the wind, blowing

Spirit

Strong's Number:

Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
pneu'ma from (4154)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Pneuma 6:332,876
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
pnyoo'-mah Noun Neuter
Definition
  1. the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son
    1. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the \\Holy\\ Spirit)
    2. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of \\Truth\\)
    3. never referred to as a depersonalised force
  2. the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated
    1. the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides
    2. the soul
  3. a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting
    1. a life giving spirit
    2. a human soul that has left the body
    3. a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel
      1. used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men
      2. the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ
  4. the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one
    1. the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.
  5. a movement of air (a gentle blast)
    1. of the wind, hence the wind itself
    2. breath of nostrils or mouth

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think we definitely need to depend of what the Lord says to us revealed in His Word.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It doesn't say angelic beings. It says celestial bodies. Which is a reference to bodies whose estate is the created Heavens..
Well, true, it doesn't specifically say 'angelic beings'. But, well...angels do dwell in the heavens. Unless we are to believe that he is talking about the sort of 'body' we have in the intermediate state, which he could well be doing, I still think the category of 'heaven', in the present tense, it differentiating between what we are now and what we will be later, after the second coming. But...I'm not throwing down and being dogmatic about it!

I believe Christ Jesus IS a spiritual/celestrial Body, and took upon Himself a Terrestrial Body (prepared of God)...and BY and THROUGH the Power of God....Some men WILL take upon themselves a spiritual/celestrial body....and then men will see Him as He is.

Get your meaning, and in my words would say the transformation is effected by and through the power of God.

God Bless,
Taken
It's sort of hard to put a finger on Jesus, really. Clearly he is the firstfruits of what we will be, because the bible tells us that. But, he is still God, which clearly we are not! So, his divinity will set him apart in many ways that will probably not be clear to us until we reach eternity and have a better understanding of the nature of God. But yes...I suppose we could say that he has a spiritual body, but also bridges the gap and is also a celestial...being...perhaps? He is certianly dwelling there now, spiritual body and all.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I don't think so because that would make us "unclean" both literally and spiritually. There will be no male or female so what would the need be for sexual or nursing organs? We will be like the angels in that respect, and I just can't picture them going on a mission for God and needing to use a rest stop. Imo, having a perfect body would require the ability to eat perfectly with a perfect system that absorbs it w/o creating waste. While we may have a body it will not be like our old one.

But isn't that just assuming that when the fall happened our digestive systems just sort of sprung into being? That God added our intestines etc...
There's nothing in scripture that suggests our bodies were modified in this way after the fall. The only mention of a change was that childbirth would be painful. Which means that particular system was already present! If all other systems were there and declared 'good', then as frustrating as we might find the whole process, it's just how God made us.
And again...the bible doesn't say that there will be no male or female in eternity, just that there will be no marriage. This means that there will be no drive to have a passion above our love for Jesus. Our feelings for one another will be as brothers and sisters. But that doesn't do away with our core identity, nor should it! Let's not fall into the trap that modern society is with waving a hand and saying that gender doesn't matter and is therefore fluid! Who I am is essentially female. It effects how I think, how I interact with my family, friends and even God. It effects my mannerisms, the things I like. For me to believe that there will be consistency in eternity...for me to be me there, I find comfort knowing I will still be me. And I am a woman. I won't be a woman distracted by children or husband in my pursuit of God, I will be a woman who finds joy in Christ first, and in fellowshiping with my brothers and sisters next. But I will still be a woman.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't think we will be sleeping, we won't need to, God has become our rest.
Huh....interesting thought. Good thought. It'll be cool to find out if you're right!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In that respect, Jesus will be unique, he will be the only one to have any scars. The bible says that we will be known as we are known so we might present ourselves as having a male or female spirit. Gal. 3:28, if he doesn't see us as male or female now, why would he in eternity, it also says we will be like the angels and while they have mostly appeared to humans as male, the bible doesn't characterize them as either sex.

Gal 3:28 is not about our future of being sexless! It's about how God sees us all equal! That he doesn't weigh gender or race or job status into it when he looks at those who are his. If you are in Christ, you are one...saved and loved!
But other than that, it is all speculation, and I believe speculation way off it's mark! The point about us 'being like angels' is made to show how our priorities will have changed. What are the angels known for all throughout scripture? For following God first, for praising and honoring God first, for worshipping God first. For being single minded in their obedience to God. There's no question of vering off track into a teen romance and having an angel fall in love with a a human and renounce heaven. The ridiculousness of it! For them, God is all! And that is what it will be like for us? Marriage? Why, what for? We'll have Jesus, we are his bride. Sex? Who needs it? We have all the intimacy we could need in the form of our relationship with Christ. Having him know us at a soul level and love and accept us anyway will be much more rewarding and amazing than the sort of relationships we have here on earth.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 3:28 is not about our future of being sexless! It's about how God sees us all equal! That he doesn't weigh gender or race or job status into it when he looks at those who are his. If you are in Christ, you are one...saved and loved!
But other than that, it is all speculation, and I believe speculation way off it's mark! The point about us 'being like angels' is made to show how our priorities will have changed. What are the angels known for all throughout scripture? For following God first, for praising and honoring God first, for worshipping God first. For being single minded in their obedience to God. There's no question of vering off track into a teen romance and having an angel fall in love with a a human and renounce heaven. The ridiculousness of it! For them, God is all! And that is what it will be like for us? Marriage? Why, what for? We'll have Jesus, we are his bride. Sex? Who needs it? We have all the intimacy we could need in the form of our relationship with Christ. Having him know us at a soul level and love and accept us anyway will be much more rewarding and amazing than the sort of relationships we have here on earth.

It says like the Angels not getting married. Cannot dismiss gender from that issue.

We are his bride in the context of a relationship and a joining. Not sexually.

Being neither male nor female means exactly that, literally.

We will have no gender and no race.

The New Jerusalem is described as a bride. Most assuredly that does not include gender or sex,