Behold, a New Heavens and a New Earth!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
inanutshell...I believe thee Invisible God purposes in Himself and dictates in what manner He shall teach a man what God wants mankind to know.
Yeah...sorry. Don't understand what you're saying here.

Gen 1
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

God has a BODY, SOUL, SPIRIT....

So does man...

God Created man, and from out of the man, God brought Forth a woman, and Named "THEM" "ADAM".

(And we find God comes forth out from God and is called by different names and titles).

But somehow, God having a Body, Soul, Spirit, gets lost in the Understanding.

God Bless,
Taken
Genesis doesn't say that God created them and named "them" "Adam". It says he created male and female, then says the man was called Adam. The woman is not named until 3:20, when Adam names her himself.
I can't say I've done any great study into the Trinity, but the problem with your idea, as I see it, with God creating man in his 'image' as body, soul and spirit, is that back then, Jesus Christ didn't have a body. Back the, the Trinity existed in spirit. Hence, we are told that The Son "took on flesh". If he already had flesh, he wouldn't have needed to take it on, don't you think?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not making much sense, I'm afraid. Yes, clearly Christ was still physical when he told Thomas to touch him, but this was after he told Mary not to. I've never implied he was not physical...at either of these points, actually. But att the time he was talking to Thomas he was doing all those cool things like disappearing, going through walls etc, while being physical. So...even if there IS a difference between him talking to Mary and afterwards, it still doesn't change the facts of what his form was like or what he was doing...

Not earthly flesh but glorified flesh.

Angels are purely spirit and they can appear flesh.

You're constantly trying to move what we are now into eternity bodily speaking.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis doesn't say that God created them and named "them" "Adam". It says he created male and female, then says the man was called Adam. The woman is not named until 3:20, when Adam names her himself.
I can't say I've done any great study into the Trinity, but the problem with your idea, as I see it, with God creating man in his 'image' as body, soul and spirit, is that back then, Jesus Christ didn't have a body. Back the, the Trinity existed in spirit. Hence, we are told that The Son "took on flesh". If he already had flesh, he wouldn't have needed to take it on, don't you think?
Adam in the Hebrew means man in English. And man/mankind includes both male and female.

Eve was taken from Adam, so she literally was part of his body.

The image of God simply means like God we are alive, think and choose and the true us are the spirits within our bodies.

God does not have a physical body unless he wants to create one for himself.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is about a man knowing and understanding
God is himself, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Eph 1
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Genesis doesn't say that God created them and named "them" "Adam".

Sure it does.

Gen 5
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

It says he created male and female, then says the man was called Adam. The woman is not named until 3:20, when Adam names her himself.

I can't say I've done any great study into the Trinity, but the problem with your idea, as I see it, with God creating man in his 'image' as body, soul and spirit, is that back then, Jesus Christ didn't have a body.

God IS what He IS. What He IS is not depandant upon what man knows.

Heb.13
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Back the, the Trinity existed in spirit. Hence, we are told that The Son "took on flesh". If he already had flesh, he wouldn't have needed to take it on, don't you think?

Maybe there is such a thing AS SPIRITUAL FLESH, that a natural corrupt man CAN NOT SEE???

Gen 6
[3] And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man,for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Notice in Adam...created in Gods image and likeness....God didn't close up "his flesh". God closed up...

Gen 2
[21] And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Notice after Adam leaves the Garden...
Adam's offspring.

Gen 5
[3] And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

The First man, Adam (male and female), "WAS" in the Likeness and Image ...
OF God...

Thereafter we learn, the "Image and Likeness" of mankind, (male and female),
"IS" the "Image and Likeness" "IS" of ADAM.

The WHOLE BIG PICTURE....
is About......RECONCILIATION....
OF mankind AGAIN Becoming...
IN the "likeness and image" of God.

Mankind "FAILED" in teaching mankind...
HOW FOR MAN TO...AGAIN
become IN the "likeness and image" of God.

Mankind "TEACHES" "MEN SHOULD" become in the "likeness and image"....
of "OTHER MEN,
"that MEN have DECIDED...are the PERFECT MODEL, for MEN to Be "LIKE".
( And MEN recognize, reward, exalt, make world renown, etc. MEN, that MEN have decided have obtained the PERFECTED...
"Image and Likeness".)

God Himself...made Himself the PERFECT Example....for mankind TO HEAR and SEE.

(And God, recognizes and rewards ANY man, who becomes PERFECTED...according TO HIS "image and likeness". )

Some men ACCEPT that....
Many men DO NOT.

Inanutshell...that Simple.

God Bless,
Taken

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not earthly flesh but glorified flesh.

Angels are purely spirit and they can appear flesh.

You're constantly trying to move what we are now into eternity bodily speaking.

How am I doing that? What I am attempting to show, is that there will be some continuity between us now, and us then...just as there was with Christ. He still had the wounds in his hands and side. They still recognized him as Jesus. He still ate food, as he had previously. There will be parts of us then, that we have bought over from the parts of us now. What those parts might be, I don't know. A perfected version of our appearance and personality I would guess at, as well as our desire, if not need, for food. Our ability to touch...so our senses. The New Earth will be a real thing, and so our physical forms will be able to interact with it much like we do now. So yes....I believe there will be much continuity...just no sin and probably many other things we can't even imagine at this point.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Adam in the Hebrew means man in English. And man/mankind includes both male and female.

Eve was taken from Adam, so she literally was part of his body.

The image of God simply means like God we are alive, think and choose and the true us are the spirits within our bodies.

God does not have a physical body unless he wants to create one for himself.
That's all swell, but still doesn't give me much to go on in regards to his post.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Eph 1
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
The Trinity. Sure. What about it? Are you saying that 'mankind', both men and women, can determine all that we 'need' to about ourselves within the nature of the Trinity itself?
Because, while undoubtably there is 'truth' in that statement, it seems to be both a massive overstatement in terms of what God is in relation to us, but also failing to see, on the small scale, the true meaing of "in his image". Just IMO.

Sure it does.

Gen 5
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. -Genesis 5:2

Yes, 'adam' is the word in Hebrew for 'man', but if we look at the text, the difference is still made; Chapter 5:1 is, Noun Masculine (no capital) - adam, while the next verse 2, is a "Proper Name Masculine" -Adam (capital for a name).

Therefore we see that the usage here is of 'man', like 'mankind'. But in the earlier Chapters...even here in 5:2, it's still highlighting the male AND female. There is a purpose and plan...therefore importance, to the genders.

God IS what He IS. What He IS is not depandant upon what man knows.

Heb.13
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Thus the mystery and wonder of the incarnation. No, God canont change, and that goes for Christ as well. And yet, he "took on flesh". The "word" took on flesh to dwell among us. How that can be, exactly, I don't know, but you won't find me trying to deny either one of those clear scriptures.

Maybe there is such a thing AS SPIRITUAL FLESH, that a natural corrupt man CAN NOT SEE???

Gen 6
[3] And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man,for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Notice in Adam...created in Gods image and likeness....God didn't close up "his flesh". God closed up...

Gen 2
[21] And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Notice after Adam leaves the Garden...
Adam's offspring.

Gen 5
[3] And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

The First man, Adam (male and female), "WAS" in the Likeness and Image ...
OF God...

Thereafter we learn, the "Image and Likeness" of mankind, (male and female),
"IS" the "Image and Likeness" "IS" of ADAM.

The WHOLE BIG PICTURE....
is About......RECONCILIATION....
OF mankind AGAIN Becoming...
IN the "likeness and image" of God.

Mankind "FAILED" in teaching mankind...
HOW FOR MAN TO...AGAIN
become IN the "likeness and image" of God.
I think...reconciliation IS a picture that is being painted, but assuming it is by 'image' rather than by the work Christ does on the cross and in our hearts is a bit of a jump.

Mankind "TEACHES" "MEN SHOULD" become in the "likeness and image"....
of "OTHER MEN,
"that MEN have DECIDED...are the PERFECT MODEL, for MEN to Be "LIKE".
( And MEN recognize, reward, exalt, make world renown, etc. MEN, that MEN have decided have obtained the PERFECTED...
"Image and Likeness".)

God Himself...made Himself the PERFECT Example....for mankind TO HEAR and SEE.

(And God, recognizes and rewards ANY man, who becomes PERFECTED...according TO HIS "image and likeness". )

Some men ACCEPT that....
Many men DO NOT.

Inanutshell...that Simple.

God Bless,
Taken
Well, sure. I don't disagree with your idea that we should discard the embracing earthly role models in place of the only true role model: Jesus. But, I think perhaps you take a circuitous route to get there.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 5299
The style I paint in is called Impressionism
This is incredible! I know some people don't want the stress of 'going pro' with their work, as they do it to relax...but if you're not trying to make money because you don't think you're good enough...I don't think it's a worry you need to have!

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is incredible! I know some people don't want the stress of 'going pro' with their work, as they do it to relax...but if you're not trying to make money because you don't think you're good enough...I don't think it's a worry you need to have!
It really is good, isn't it? :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Trinity. Sure. What about it? Are you saying that 'mankind', both men and women, can determine all that we 'need' to about ourselves within the nature of the Trinity itself?
Because, while undoubtably there is 'truth' in that statement, it seems to be both a massive overstatement in terms of what God is in relation to us, but also failing to see, on the small scale, the true meaing of "in his image". Just IMO.

Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. -Genesis 5:2

Yes, 'adam' is the word in Hebrew for 'man', but if we look at the text, the difference is still made; Chapter 5:1 is, Noun Masculine (no capital) - adam, while the next verse 2, is a "Proper Name Masculine" -Adam (capital for a name).

Therefore we see that the usage here is of 'man', like 'mankind'. But in the earlier Chapters...even here in 5:2, it's still highlighting the male AND female. There is a purpose and plan...therefore importance, to the genders.

Thus the mystery and wonder of the incarnation. No, God canont change, and that goes for Christ as well. And yet, he "took on flesh". The "word" took on flesh to dwell among us. How that can be, exactly, I don't know, but you won't find me trying to deny either one of those clear scriptures.

I think...reconciliation IS a picture that is being painted, but assuming it is by 'image' rather than by the work Christ does on the cross and in our hearts is a bit of a jump.

Well, sure. I don't disagree with your idea that we should discard the embracing earthly role models in place of the only true role model: Jesus. But, I think perhaps you take a circuitous route to get there.
The Scriptures and what they reveal are so inexhaustibly deep, and central to them is God in Three Persons...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think perhaps you take a circuitous route to get there.

I think I was straight forward with the Big Picture Goal.

Circuitous ?

I didn't design the Path, God Did.

Put yourself in the position of the first man...

Forget he was created an adult.

Little knowledge, less understanding, information withheld, secrets...

Regardless of how many hundreds of years have passed, or how much knowledge is discovered, or how much men yearn to understand........

Every newborn person goes through the exact same that Adam did.....

This LIFE is full of twists, turns, bumps, experiences, trials, joys, hardships....

Gods Design, not mine. I simply recognize it is a process, and God is Patient for men to become prepared to Know God according to His Understanding.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's all swell, but still doesn't give me much to go on in regards to his post.

I mentioned the first ... man and woman being named Adam...you said no. I showed you the Scripture. You said nothing more about it.

You skip past landing on the Signifiance.

Most of the posts in this forum lands on, the disagreements between what men carnally logically think.

God is Spirit. Knowing God, Understanding according to God....requires a man to set aside the Carnal and USE HIS spirit the Lord has Quickened.

The Signifiance of Adam...is..
He was NOT born.
Out from Adam came forth Adam himself,
Also NOT born.

It is a foreshadow...
God was NOT born.
Out from God came forth God Himself,
Also NOT born.

God uses His own creations to teach His creation About Himself....SO His creations CAN have a WAY to KNOW Him and Understanding according to Him.

Isa 45
[23] the word is gone out of my mouth

John 16
[28] I came forth from the Father...

John 16
[27] I came out from God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll have Jesus, we are his bride.

For something that is a major identity point for some Christians and if it was something God wanted to make very clear, there is literally no verse that comes right out and declares that. Yes, we have a couple of metaphors from Paul equating marriage with the unity we should have in Christ but the only time the bible comes right out and declares who the bride is, it tells us it is the NJ in Rev. 21:9 and no the NJ is not symbolic for the church. Regarding the other two replies, time will tell, I really don't care either way, I'll just be glad to be in His presence and experiencing heaven in every and any way I can.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm somewhere with you on the cosmos. I firmly believe there are other civilisations apart from earth, peoples who have never been through what we have...have never experienced the grace and mercy of a forgiving God...I won't mind having the job of telling the story to them. Travelling at the speed of thought, slowing down to watch an exploding star...dropping in on neighbours 400 million light years away to say hi...riding on a comet when you feel like slowing down...

I myself don't think there's life on other planets. I am however keen or interested in exploring the universe. Perhaps we will colonize other planets.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For something that is a major identity point for some Christians and if it was something God wanted to make very clear, there is literally no verse that comes right out and declares that.
If the Church is called the wife of Christ, it should be obvious that the Church is also the Bride of Christ. Brides become wives as soon as they are married. But first they are engaged or *espoused*.

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. (2 Cor 11:2)

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. (Rev 19:7,8).

According to Scripture, Christ is the divine Bridegroom who comes personally for His Bride (the Church) at the Resurrection/Rapture. There is a marriage in Heaven, there is also a marriage supper in Heaven , and there is also eternal union and communion between Christ and His Church within the New Jerusalem.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Scriptures and what they reveal are so inexhaustibly deep, and central to them is God in Three Persons...
It's cool to think we'll spend the rest of eternity learning new things about God, but never knowing all there is to know about him, isn't it? And sort of mind blowing. But...I'm glad there's some mystery and un-knowableness (is that a word?!) there. Who wants a God who can be understood by human minds? That wouldn't make him very great, would it?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I was straight forward with the Big Picture Goal.

Circuitous ?

I didn't design the Path, God Did.

Put yourself in the position of the first man...

Forget he was created an adult.

Regardless of how many hundreds of years have passed, or how much knowledge is discovered, or how much men yearn to understand........

Every newborn person goes through the exact same that Adam did.....

This LIFE is full of twists, turns, bumps, experiences, trials, joys, hardships....

Gods Design, not mine. I simply recognize it is a process, and God is Patient for men to become prepared to Know God according to His Understanding.

Glory to God,
Taken

To be perfectly honest, I'm only 40% sure I know what you're trying to communicate here. So I might be completely off on a different track...in which case...sorry!

My point was; we don't need to study the Trinity to find the importance of being male and female. Our own natures give us a starting point. And the bible outright tells us. And we don't need to study our 'image' in the hope that doing so will lead us to an understanding of the one who made us so and to therefore see him as 'one'. Again, the bible tells us clearly in scripture that God, though he is one, is also three persons, in character and deed.
So yes, while life IS full of twists, turns and bumps; and living those things brings experience and even wisdom, if we can learn from them; these things in and of themselves do not necessarily shed light on God or ourselves.