Best Biblical Movies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Maybe in the wrong spot but I was just wondering ,what are you all's favorites , I'll start with mine
Growing up it was the 10 commandments ,(Charlston Heston) so that will forever be my favorite
Loved Risen
Gospel of Mark
Really really loved the chosen can't wait for the next season

Oh and I've never seen the passion of Christ.

The Bible was okay

Please add ,so I can watch what I haven't seen

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Noah" was an abomination so you can watch it but it is nothing like the bible in my opinion. I liked the 10 Commandments too. Sorry to say that most modern day movies are terrible. Hollywood is against promoting the bible and God since it condemns a lot of their life styles. So they write stories that condemn God and his prophets.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely 10 Commandments. That movie never gets old. I have seen passion of the Christ, but i dont watch it anymore as it goes against the 2nd commandment. A. D. The Bible continues i thought was good.

Reactions: Nancy

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
"Noah" was an abomination so you can watch it but it is nothing like the bible in my opinion. I liked the 10 Commandments too. Sorry to say that most modern day movies are terrible. Hollywood is against promoting the bible and God since it condemns a lot of their life styles. So they write stories that condemn God and his prophets.

Hated Noah, that's at the top of my list as the worse

Reactions: dev553344

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife would put in a vote for The Ten Commandments; she loves Charlton Heston. The Passion of the Christ was okay, but doing all the dialog in Aramaic and using English subtitles was gimmicky. The Greatest Story Ever Told was unwatchable because they made Jesus's dialog totally stilted. (A common problem with doing Bible movies; I noticed the same thing in The Ten Commandments. Maybe I wouldn't have noticed it if they did the dialog in Hebrew with English subtitles.) I watched Prince of Egypt with my sister's family. My nieces really liked it.

It wasn't a movie, but I thought the A.D. TV miniseries (based on the book of Acts) was well done.

Reactions: Nancy

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Passion was brutal--worth seeing maybe just once! As for Christian movies, I grew tired of the old classics, the Gospel of Jesus movies, the 10 Commandments, Billy Graham movies, etc. In the past few years I've seen a few good movies, some apologetic in nature, and some testimonial, and some just drama. I tend to like the drama, particularly real life stuff.

We've watched a few good ones--I'm not sure exactly what their titles were or where we saw them specifically. On Roku we watched tubi--there is a Faith section. Also, on Amazon Prime there is a Faith section. You just have to try them. Some are extremely poor, or maybe even Mormon! But some have been brilliant! Take a chance!