Bible alone question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never claimed that they were impeccable

You just claimed one ridiculous claim after another for Peter. Why are you changing the subject? Have you finally realized the truth about your "golden boy"?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mustvbe a leaders visible head of the church on earth or you have nothing but spiritual anarchy

God THE Father is WITH me 24-7.
Jesus THE Word of God is WITHIN me 24-7.
Christ THE Power of God is WITHIN men 24-7.
God Appointed an Earthly Father for men WITH God...Abraham.
Jesus Appointed Apostles to Teach His Word...primarily Paul for me.
I am advantaged to have several copies of Scripture and the Ability to Read.

Individuals can pick and choose what man-made church building they desire to go to, once or twice a week when the doors are unlocked.

I prefer to Praise, Worship and Thank the Lord God Almighty Daily for providing ALL my needs, gifts, blessings to Forever Be WITH Him.

Spiritual anarchy

Pffff, not in the lease!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
the “Bible alone” says Jesus is the son of Joseph? Jn 1:45

Not exactly.
That is Philip saying that to another person, and he knew Jesus as the Man, of the family of Joseph.
So, He's not stating that Christ isn't God by saying that Joseph and Jesus are connected to Mary.
Also the Prophets were not saying that Joseph was the birth father of Jesus.
They were defining linage, as well as stating prophecy.

Notice this.
Bethlehem is the birthplace of Jesus, yet.....Jesus created the World...... John 1:10.
Think about that.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Joseph is the father of Jesus!
The legal father of Jesus!

A Catholic would believe that.
A Christian would know better who is the Father of Christ.

Jesus said "when you pray"...say...>"Our Father who art in HEAVEN"..., and He is not talking about Joseph.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom did Jesus call "Satan"? Peter
Who denied knowing Jesus three times when He was arrested? Peter
Whom did Paul call out for his hypocrisy in Galatia? Peter
Right after Jesus changed his name gave him the keys
I already went over the reason this was happening to Peter. Why Satan was doing this to Peter. It doesn't prove Peter isn't the lead Apostle it's happening to him because he is.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus said "when you pray"...say...>"Our Father who art in HEAVEN"..., and He is not talking about Joseph.
Do you think thee is ignorant of those particulars?
Engaging in avoidance . Why do you who deny Jesus have to add passive aggressive insults in your posts?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph was the adopted father of Jesus but YHWH God wasn't just a father to Jesus faith. The Only Begotten Son of God existed in heaven with his Father who is God before he became human. God's angelic messenger had informed the virgin girl Mary that she would ‘conceive in her womb’ as the result of God’s holy spirit coming upon her and His power overshadowing her. (Luke 1:30, 31, 34, 35) So the child eventually born retained identity as the same person who had resided in heaven as the Word. The Word is the Only Begotten Son of God that became flesh/human.(John1:14) So YHWH God wasn't just a Father of Jesus faith. YHWH was the Father and God of Jesus when he was in heaven with God before he became human. YHWH God brought his Only Begotten Son into existence before he became human. In fact the Only Begotten Son of God was in existence long before the physical universe was brought into existence. So to say that YHWH God was only a Father to Jesus faith is inaccurate.

Good explanation Barn, but you posted it to me, not Faith. Love you bro.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right after Jesus changed his name gave him the keys
I already went over the reason this was happening to Peter. Why Satan was doing this to Peter. It doesn't prove Peter isn't the lead Apostle it's happening to him because he is.

Clearly, James was the leader of the church in Jerusalem and Paul was the most prominent apostle to the Gentiles.

In fact, when Peter was in Ephesus Pal reprimanded him for his hypocritical behavior.

Where does it say that Peter is "the lead apostle"?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just claimed one ridiculous claim after another for Peter. Why are you changing the subject? Have you finally realized the truth about your "golden boy"?

he the visible head of the church on earth, but still a fallen human like everyone else!
Somebody has to be the prime minister and administer the kingdom

do you think Joseph under pharaoh was perfect, no but his brothers obeyed and submitted unto his rule

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God THE Father is WITH me 24-7.
Jesus THE Word of God is WITHIN me 24-7.
Christ THE Power of God is WITHIN men 24-7.
God Appointed an Earthly Father for men WITH God...Abraham.
Jesus Appointed Apostles to Teach His Word...primarily Paul for me.
I am advantaged to have several copies of Scripture and the Ability to Read.

Individuals can pick and choose what man-made church building they desire to go to, once or twice a week when the doors are unlocked.

I prefer to Praise, Worship and Thank the Lord God Almighty Daily for providing ALL my needs, gifts, blessings to Forever Be WITH Him.

Pffff, not in the lease!

you are still required to obey/ submit

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Spiritual Fathers (apostles) have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

we must do obey and submit to our apostles today as well

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not exactly.
That is Philip saying that to another person, and he knew Jesus as the Man, of the family of Joseph.
So, He's not stating that Christ isn't God by saying that Joseph and Jesus are connected to Mary.
Also the Prophets were not saying that Joseph was the birth father of Jesus.
They were defining linage, as well as stating prophecy.

Notice this.
Bethlehem is the birthplace of Jesus, yet.....Jesus created the World...... John 1:10.
Think about that.

the Bible still says Jesus is the son of Joseph and he is, but there are more than one kind of fathers!
Joseph is the legal father of Jesus!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thats his eternal father!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he the visible head of the church on earth, but still a fallen human like everyone else!
Somebody has to be the prime minister and administer the kingdom

do you think Joseph under pharaoh was perfect, no but his brothers obeyed and submitted unto his rule

Jesus administers His kingdom, not the man who denied Him three times and was reprimanded by Jesus for using his sword. Do you want a denier of Christ and a violent man to administer God's kingdom?

And what does Joseph have to do with this? Nothing!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are still required to obey/ submit

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Spiritual Fathers (apostles) have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

we must do obey and submit to our apostles today as well

Who are today's apostles, according to you? The Pope? No mention of a Pope in the Bible. A Cardinal? No mention of a Cardinal in the Bible. So who are they?

And where does it say that Pau and John are the pastors of our souls? Not in my Bible, that's for sure.

Sola scriptura!