Bible alone question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly, James was the leader of the church in Jerusalem and Paul was the most prominent apostle to the Gentiles.

In fact, when Peter was in Ephesus Pal reprimanded him for his hypocritical behavior.

Where does it say that Peter is "the lead apostle"?
So you would have leadership that don't err or leadership that don't accept correction?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pope is Italian for papa or father!

Isa 22:21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

Perhaps in slang usage. The Italian word for father is padre.

Your quote from Isaiah has nothing to do with the Pope. Here it is in context...

‘At that time I will summon my servant Eliakim, son of Hilkiah. I will put your robe on him, tie your belt around him, and transfer your authority to him. He will become a protector of the residents of Jerusalem and of the people of Judah. I will place the key to the house of David on his shoulder. When he opens the door, no one can close it; when he closes the door, no one can open it. I will fasten him like a peg into a solid place; he will bring honor and respect to his father’s family. His father’s family will gain increasing prominence because of him, including the offspring and the offshoots. All the small containers, including the bowls and all the jars, will hang from this peg.’ Isaiah 20:22-24

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are still required to obey/ submit

Not required to do what I have already DONE!
Jesus IS the Word of God...Already submitted TO Him.
Christ IS the Power of God...Already submitted TO Him.

You are preaching “beginner” theology...and expand it to ‘forever” what “any” words a Priest, or titled person within your church speaks...

You can wander aimlessly waiting for your catholic cleric to read for you, decide what it means, and tell you .... or become a man hear the High Priest Jesus Himself tells you, and tells you what His Words mean.

Freewill. Choices.
You and I make different choices.

Reactions: Jim B

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call no man on earth "father".
= This is talking to the Born again, only.
Matthew 23:9

If you are not born again, then call anyone you like "father".
What do we call out father if using the word can only refer to God. I don't remember Jesus teaching another word to use for our fa***r

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the virgin birth also!
Now let’s get together on the perpetual virginity of Mary???

Matt 1:
[20] But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
[21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
[22] Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
[23] Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
[24] Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
[25] And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

DO give your explanation OF the Angel of the Lord giving Joseph a FALSE DIRECTION.

DO give your explanation OF Joseph NOT DOING what the Angel of the Lord Directed Joseph TO DO.

DO give your explanation OF Joseph and Many being told SOMETHING DIFFERENT than every other manKIND of Gods creation...

Where is Joseph and Mary TOLD to NOT “multiply”?

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are preaching “beginner” theology...and expand it to ‘forever” what “any” words a Priest, or titled person within your church speaks...

You can wander aimlessly waiting for your catholic cleric to read for you, decide what it means, and tell you .... or become a man hear the High Priest Jesus Himself tells you, and tells you what His Words mean.

Freewill. Choices.

You are 100% correct!

The Catholic people have put their faith and trust in living men -- their clergy -- instead of the living Word: Christ. They believe what those men tell them to believe, regardless if it is scriptural or not, and confess their sins to them and receive a recipe for forgiveness (x number of Hail Mary prayers), and surround themselves with statutes of dead people to whom they pray. The worst offense is depicting Jesus as dead, still hanging on the cross! It is obscene!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 1:
[20] But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
[21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
[22] Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
[23] Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
[24] Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
[25] And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

DO give your explanation OF the Angel of the Lord giving Joseph a FALSE DIRECTION.

DO give your explanation OF Joseph NOT DOING what the Angel of the Lord Directed Joseph TO DO.

DO give your explanation OF Joseph and Many being told SOMETHING DIFFERENT than every other manKIND of Gods creation...

As I have told theefaith over and over and over, Jesus had brothers. So apparently, Joseph and Mary "multiplied" numerous times, just like the other people that God created with normal sexual desires.

This hyping of Mary's "perpetual virginity" puts a stigma on women that it is impossible for them to live up to. Men hold them to a bizarre standard of "sexual purity" that is unrealistic.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic people have put their faith and trust in living men -- their clergy -- instead of the living Word: Christ.

That's a claim to authority you don't have. Unless what you believe the Word is and means is what Christ believes and means

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a claim to authority you don't have. Unless what you believe the Word is and means is what Christ believes and means

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Do you think that the Catholic clergy's doctrine exceeds the truth of Christ? I hope not!

If I understand your cryptic statement correctly, of course believe that the Word is and means is what Christ believes and means. I do not believe anything that the Catholic clergy teaches that differs from what Christ teaches by the Holy Spirit and the Bible.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps in slang usage. The Italian word for father is padre.

Your quote from Isaiah has nothing to do with the Pope. Here it is in context...

‘At that time I will summon my servant Eliakim, son of Hilkiah. I will put your robe on him, tie your belt around him, and transfer your authority to him. He will become a protector of the residents of Jerusalem and of the people of Judah. I will place the key to the house of David on his shoulder. When he opens the door, no one can close it; when he closes the door, no one can open it. I will fasten him like a peg into a solid place; he will bring honor and respect to his father’s family. His father’s family will gain increasing prominence because of him, including the offspring and the offshoots. All the small containers, including the bowls and all the jars, will hang from this peg.’ Isaiah 20:22-24

line of David Lk 1:32-33

I will place the key to the house of David on his shoulder.

Matt 16:18-19 I give thee the keys to the kingdom

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Freewill. Choices.

subjection you the kings minister is subjection to the king!

likewise for rejection

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 1:

wife spouse does not equal
Sex
For the sake of our salvation a higher good they sacrificed sex a lower good

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have told theefaith over and over and over, Jesus had brothers. So apparently, Joseph and Mary "multiplied" numerous times, just like the other people that God created with normal sexual desires.
Wonder why they couldn't take care of her after Jesus died. Why Mary couldn't just live with her adult children? That would need explaining

Reactions: theefaith

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
line of David Lk 1:32-33

I will place the key to the house of David on his shoulder.

Matt 16:18-19 I give thee the keys to the kingdom

So the Pope is a Jew? That's news to me!

Matthew 16:23, " But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but on man’s.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 16:23, " But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but on man’s.

Peter was a Jew yes but it refers to Christ and his vicar which is peter

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

satan speaking thru Peter
Or Peter using human wisdom
He had not yet received the power of the Holy Spirit Jn 20:21-23

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Do you think that the Catholic clergy's doctrine exceeds the truth of Christ? I hope not!

If I understand your cryptic statement correctly, of course believe that the Word is and means is what Christ believes and means. I do not believe anything that the Catholic clergy teaches that differs from what Christ teaches by the Holy Spirit and the Bible.
Jesus told the Apostles ' those who hear you hear me'

If it's wrong for me to give the clergy that authority because according to you it belongs to the Word as you see it. You claim authority I give them. Good question

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? Why tell me? I am already forever with the Lord God Almighty.

you’re not!
You can fall away
Reject and deny Christ
Become an apostate

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: