Bible Millennialism is Christ's one thousand year reign on earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your in complete "Denial" to maintain your false teachings and beliefs

It's a comparison that will take place upon the entire earth, of course you desire to remove biblical truth to maintain your false belief and teaching

Destroyed Them "All", Not Some But "All"

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

I know how to copy and paste too.

But the bible says all of certain cities were destroyed, not your eisegesis version of a global destruction. Localized ALL not global ALL. The false teachings and beliefs belong to you, not me.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know how to copy and paste too.

But the bible says all of certain cities were destroyed, not your eisegesis version of a global destruction. Localized ALL not global ALL. The false teachings and beliefs belong to you, not me.
It's going to be a "Global" destruction as you have been shown "Several Times", your words are ignorant trolling in my opinion

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it's not. Everything shows a localized destruction, with survivors that will be ruled over. You still avoid dealing with the future tense verb RULE in Rev 19.
It's going to be a "Global" destruction as you have been shown "Several Times", your words are ignorant trolling in my opinion

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's going to be a "Global" destruction

No, it's not. Everything shows a localized destruction, with survivors that will be ruled over. You still avoid dealing with the future tense verb RULE in Rev 19.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What your missing is that there are two separate thousand years one the reigning and one the binding. Jesus never stops reigning in our world because He is God. The binding stops when satan is released the reigning stops at the end of our world
This is the error I held to, that I have been corrected in.

His reign on earth today through His people, is not His thousand year millennial reign: He is not now the reigning King on earth, that any man can see.

It muddies the waters, and brings in confusion to say there are two separate 'thousand year reigns' of Christ on earth.

When the debate is properly simplified according to Scripture, then it is only a matter of believing in His earthly Millennium.

At this time, talking about His continued thousands of years spiritual reign over His saints, through the gospel of salvation, has no part in that debate. It will certainly continue ever more abundantly during His coming thousand years, but today is not part of His Millennium.

I wish it were, but it isn't.

There will be only one Millennium of a thousand years with the risen Christ on earth, and for now people can either believe that or not.

When He comes again, it will only be a matter of which side people are on, the world's or the Lord's.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Greek word use is a number used to express a thousand of something, a thousand singles of that something actually which is why the word is plural. It's the word you would use if you had a thousand dollar bills, rather than one bill worth 1000 dollars.
Interesting. Good point.

One dollar with the Lord, is still the same dollar a thousand years later.

His dollar is not counterfeit, that is changed from time to time for current spending purposes.

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This looks like one of the subjects we agree on.
That's the purpose of the thread. To define what Scriptural Millennialism is, vs the other pseudo-millenniums.

That way, the disagreements become more focused.

If someone believes:
1.Jesus Christ is coming again to earth, to receive His church to Himself.
2. He then reigns with His resurrected saints over the earth.
3. There are natural people He rules on the earth.
4. It is exactly for one thousand years on earth.

Then they are Scriptural Millennialists.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing I disagree with is 2 Peter 3.
I see 2 Peter 3 as being a local event in the middle east at Christs coming.
However, 2 Peter 3 is plainly speaking of all the heavens and the earth, and not just local geography on the earth.

Nor does Peter hint at some 'gradual' dissolving, beginning at Armageddon.

And so, if it were applied to His coming again, then there is no Millennial reign, since the heavens and the earth are dissolved and passed away all at once.

I read two separate events of victory by fire: The brightness of His coming at the beginning of His reign, and the fire of God at the end of the thousand years.

The first melts the holes of the enemies, and the last devours them. They are both local, with the first around Armageddon, and the second around the beloved city.

The dissolving of heavens and earth, must be after the final local event on earth.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
However, 2 Peter 3 is plainly speaking of all the heavens and the earth, and not just local geography on the earth.

Nor does Peter hint at some 'gradual' dissolving, beginning at Armageddon.

And so, if it were applied to His coming again, then there is no Millennial reign, since the heavens and the earth are dissolved and passed away all at once.
I see where Peter may have had a problem understanding everything mentioned in revelation.Its because of it wasn't given to him.Jesus purposely waited till after Peter and other apostles were dead before giving the Revelation to John to deliver to the churches.Peter did well with what he read of the prophets of Israel but Peter had died before Christ gave John revelation.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
That's the purpose of the thread. To define what Scriptural Millennialism is, vs the other pseudo-millenniums.

That way, the disagreements become more focused.

If someone believes:
1.Jesus Christ is coming again to earth, to receive His church to Himself.
2. He then reigns with His resurrected saints over the earth.
3. There are natural people He rules on the earth.
4. It is exactly for one thousand years on earth.

Then they are Scriptural Millennialists.
I believe there will be natural people on earth but the people within the promised land(kingdom of heaven)are not natural.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Then he would not be cast alive into the LOF.

True

True. A thousand years later.
The fire the beast is destroyed with is a lake of fire.
Like those who come against Jerusalem.
They are consumed as they stand on their feet.
They are very much alive before being burned alive.

Zech 14:12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Everyone in Jerusalem suffers this plague on that day.The only ones who don't are those who have received rain.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As YOU have been shown several times in your continued denial that Jesus does not come and destroy all mortals. You won't address the verb tense being future in Rev 19 because you can't. It destroys your position. All you can do is avoid it but how you can sleep at night knowing you are wrong is crazy to me.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite (Aorist tense verb with PRESENT tense meaning) the nations: and he shall rule (FUTURE tense verb) them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth (PRESENT tense verb) the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Here rule/poimaino is in the FUTURE tense meaning it will happen at some point AFTER the second coming and battle of Armageddon while treadeth/pateo is written in the PRESENT tense meaning it is happening during this second coming. The treading and smiting are happening at Armageddon but not the ruling which proves mortals will be alive after Armageddon is over. This proves the Premill position because indeed there is a future rule of people who were not slain during the second coming that Christ and his saints will rule over.

Amillennialism wouldn't even exist if the first person to teach it bothered to check the verb tenses in Revelation 19.
You don't yet understand, that there are people who don't care what Scripture says, when it comes to their own pet teachings?

You'll be banging your head on a wall for quite a while, until you accept it as a fact, my friend.

The reason Paul says to leave an incorrectible person alone after the first or second try, is for our own emotional well-being.

Reactions: ewq1938

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the end of the 1000 years ,The nations outside the kingdom of heaven ,Persia Magog,Ethiopia, Libia and such attempt to overthrow the kingdom of heaven and are destroyed by God.
Gog and Magog will come from all corners of the earth.

Those at Armageddon come from the north and east.

Like I had said earlier,the beast kingdom which consists of the countries in the promised land today will not exist during the millium.They are destroyed when they attacked Jerusalem before the millennium began.
True.

Egypt will exist but according to Ezekiel ,after egypts destruction in the first war,no one will be able to live in Egypt for 40 years,after that it will remain a base kingdom not able to attack anyone again.

No one will be able to war with any other on earth during Christ's reign. He won't allow it. Neither will His saints who will be ruling for Him in every nations, state, region, city, and local municipality, as well as looking over all rural lands.

Including the survivalists way out alone in the boonies.

It will be a time of peace, because no trespass against the King's law will go unpunished, nor will it be unjustly delayed with endless appeals of shyster lawyers and corrupt judges.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Gog and Magog will come from all corners of the earth.

Those at Armageddon come from the north and east.

True.

No one will be able to war with any other on earth during Christ's reign. He won't allow it. Neither will His saints who will be ruling for Him in every nations, state, region, city, and local municipality, as well as looking over all rural lands.

Including the survivalists way out alone in the boonies.

It will be a time of peace, because no trespass against the King's law will go unpunished, nor will it be unjustly delayed with endless appeals of shyster lawyers and corrupt judges.
Christ will still be reigning when Gog ,Ethiopia, Libia,Persia and the other nations come against the kingdom of heaven.
But Egypt does not accompany them because it is to weak to do so.I was quoting scripture when I said it would never be able to rise up against anyone after Armageddon.I often quote scripture in conversation without giving a reference.

Ezekiel 29:15
It will be the lowliest of kingdoms and will never again exalt itself above the other nations. I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations.

According to Ezekiel ,no one will be able to live in Egypt for 40 years.
Apparently the king of the norths nuclear weapons make it uninhabitable for a while.But even after that it will remain a weak nation.

Daniel 11:42
He will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see where Peter may have had a problem understanding everything mentioned in revelation.
So, this is the reason why you don't take all Scripture seriously. You think it's just the writings of other people such as yourself.

You really do need to understand something important about Scripture. It's not Peter's understanding nor knowledge nor opinion, that he writes for us on paper:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

It's God telling him what to write, whether he understands what he is writing or not.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The prophets and apostles are not providing 'commentary' on them going before, and Peter himself says they don't understand all they are writing about, when writing it:

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

If you started believing all Scripture as inspired from God with exact truth, then you would read it and teach it differently, and He would provide you revelation of the Spirit about what is written.

Such as answering the question why the Lord will want to spend a thousand years ruling natural people on earth, which will be but as a day to Him and His resurrected saints:

It will be the greatest harvest of souls ever on earth, with Himself personally preaching His gospel, His resurrected saints personally giving the perfect sense of all Scripture, and Satan shut up from accusing, resisting, and tempting on earth.

It will be the time, when it is perfectly proven, that them who don't love Him, just plain don't want to, so they can be as gods with their own will and rule to live by.

They will be the ones outwardly bodeinet, and then swiftly rounded up against the Lord by Satan after the thousand years are expired.

Jesus purposely waited till after Peter and other apostles were dead before giving the Revelation to John to deliver to the churches.
As I said, if you would rely only on Scripture to tell you what Scripture has to say, you'd teach Scripture only, and not your own conjecture as though it were Scriptural truth.

Peter did well with what he read of the prophets of Israel but Peter had died before Christ gave John revelation.
Case closed.

Peter did well in writing exactly what God told Him to.

God always does well in knowing exactly what He is talking about.

P.s. this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that 2 Peter 3 is speaking of the end of all the elements of heaven and earth, and not just a local geographic event, nor an event that gradually spreads over all the earth, and into the stars as well.

God's word in 2 peter 3 cannot come to pass, until after His fire devours His enemies around His beloved city on earth.

Because Rev 20 speaks only of that fire devouring His enemies around the camp of His saints on earth.

The problem with you, is that you're not a serious student of the book you are reading,a nd trying to teach. Any unbelieving scholar whould laugh at your efforts to make it say, what it never says, and to not say, what it plainly says.

You have less respect for the Bible Author, than you would give to any book of literature authored by man.

As I said. You write your own bible, called the Symbol Man's Bible.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
So, this is the reason why you don't take all Scripture seriously. You think it's just the writings of other people such as yourself.

You really do need to understand something important about Scripture. It's not Peter's understanding nor knowledge nor opinion, that he writes for us on paper:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

It's God telling him what to write, whether he understands what he is writing or not.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The prophets and apostles are not providing 'commentary' on them going before, and Peter himself says they don't understand all they are writing about, when writing it:

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

If you started believing all Scripture as inspired from God with exact truth, then you would read it and teach it differently, and He would provide you revelation of the Spirit about what is written.

Such as answering the question why the Lord will want to spend a thousand years ruling natural people on earth, which will be but as a day to Him and His resurrected saints:

It will be the greatest harvest of souls ever on earth, with Himself personally preaching His gospel, His resurrected saints personally giving the perfect sense of all Scripture, and Satan shut up from accusing, resisting, and tempting on earth.

It will be the time, when it is perfectly proven, that them who don't love Him, just plain don't want to, so they can be as gods with their own will and rule to live by.

They will be the ones outwardly bodeinet, and then swiftly rounded up against the Lord by Satan after the thousand years are expired.

As I said, if you would rely only on Scripture to tell you what Scripture has to say, you'd teach Scripture only, and not your own conjecture as though it were Scriptural truth.

Case closed.

Peter did well in writing exactly what God told Him to.

God always does well in knowing exactly what He is talking about.

P.s. this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that 2 Peter 3 is speaking of the end of all the elements of heaven and earth, and not just a local geographic event, nor an event that gradually spreads over all the earth, and into the stars as well.

God's word in 2 peter 3 cannot come to pass, until after His fire devours His enemies around His beloved city on earth.

Because Rev 20 speaks only of that fire devouring His enemies around the camp of His saints on earth.

At one time Peter felt that he and the other apostles were to chose the 12th apostle to replace Judas.

Was Peter correct and it was their place to appoint a successor or was it Christs place to chose his 12th apostle?
Revelation 21:14
The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

What's the name of the 12th apostle of Christ?

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fire the beast is destroyed with is a lake of fire.
True.

Like those who come against Jerusalem.
True. After the next resurrection of the rest of the dead. Until then, they are in hell.

They are consumed as they stand on their feet.
The eyes and flesh are.

However gog and Magog are devoured completely.

They are very much alive before being burned alive.
True. That is because like all false leaders, they are back in the rear at Jerusalem, and not on the field of battle. They don't have their eyes and flesh melted off by the brightness of His coming.

Zech 14:12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Everyone in Jerusalem suffers this plague on that day.The only ones who don't are those who have received rain.
You mean the Spirit of grace.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ will still be reigning when Gog ,Ethiopia, Libia,Persia and the other nations come against the kingdom of heaven.
Christs earthly kingdom reign is not the everlasting kingdom of heaven and of God.

Just a little tweak.

But Egypt does not accompany them because it is to weak to do so.I was quoting scripture when I said it would never be able to rise up against anyone after Armageddon.I often quote scripture in conversation without giving a reference.
I agree. No nation will be able to rise up against any other nation on earth. because the Lord won't allow it.

And His resurrected saints will ensure it.

However, any nation not coming up for the feast of tabernacles, will lose all their rain.

Ezekiel 29:15
It will be the lowliest of kingdoms and will never again exalt itself above the other nations. I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations.

According to Ezekiel ,no one will be able to live in Egypt for 40 years.
Sounds good to me.

Apparently the king of the norths nuclear weapons make it uninhabitable for a while.But even after that it will remain a weak nation.
God will not be using man's weapons, when He personally pours out His tribulation and wrath upon the earth from the air.

I believe the saints with Him will be casting down the hailstones of a talent a piece.

The tribulation and wrath of the Lamb upon the earth, will be His pre D-Day bombardment.

Daniel 11:42
He will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape.
All countries, states, regions, cities, municipalities, and rural settlements.

His resurrected saints will be ruling and judging everywhere on earth, where men are living.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At one time Peter felt that he and the other apostles were to chose the 12th apostle to replace Judas.

Was Peter correct and it was their place to appoint a successor or was it Christs place to chose his 12th apostle?
Of course not. Neither were they correct in the communism of selling all properties to share in common.

That's why they were the poor saints in Jerusalem, in need of charity from the churches of God.

Scripture records many events accurately, without approving of them.

Revelation 21:14
The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

What's the name of the 12th apostle of Christ?
Paul of course.