Bible not coming "alive" to me anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just feels like my prayers and desires are so infinitesimal. Like, would they really matter to God? Does God really want us to pray for the same things over and over again? It feels like I'm almost bothering Him.
It sounds to me that your desire is to be nearer to the heart of God, and from what I understand, that is something so very precious to Him.

God created you for the express purpose of knowing you, and that you can live in joy and love with Him.

My wife and I have cats, which are weak and useless and constantly getting in the way, getting into things, destroying things, and we adore them! We take care of them the very best we can, and we do our best that they will feel loved and nurtured and valued. God is so much greater then we are, and we are so much more valuable than pet cats.

But I find a real analogy in that, as I am weak, and all that too, but I believe God made me so that He would be able to share His love with someone just like me.

God tells us to pray what is in our hearts, and to not stop praying.

What I've come to think is that the most important thing we can give to God is our authenticity. That we can just present ourselves to Him in whatever state we happen to be in, and to seek Him with an honest and open heart.

There are things I pray for everyday, and sometimes I feel like I'm just saying the same things over and over, but it really is the desire of my heart. Tell God the desire of your heart. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. I think that means in our hearts.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It sounds to me that your desire is to be nearer to the heart of God, and from what I understand, that is something so very precious to Him.

God created you for the express purpose of knowing you, and that you can live in joy and love with Him.

My wife and I have cats, which are weak and useless and constantly getting in the way, getting into things, destroying things, and we adore them! We take care of them the very best we can, and we do our best that they will feel loved and nurtured and valued. God is so much greater then we are, and we are so much more valuable than pet cats.

But I find a real analogy in that, as I am weak, and all that too, but I believe God made me so that He would be able to share His love with someone just like me.

God tells us to pray what is in our hearts, and to not stop praying.

What I've come to think is that the most important thing we can give to God is our authenticity. That we can just present ourselves to Him in whatever state we happen to be in, and to seek Him with an honest and open heart.

There are things I pray for everyday, and sometimes I feel like I'm just saying the same things over and over, but it really is the desire of my heart. Tell God the desire of your heart. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. I think that means in our hearts.

Much love!
@marks Jeremiah 17.10: "I the Lord search the heart".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My prayer life isn't great. I used to pray unceasingly but now it's difficult to even formulate the words.

“Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.” (Romans 8:26)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i first got saved and started reading the bible, it was so incredible. It was as if every passage spoke out to me. It was like I received messages straight from God and it was like this constantly. But now it's not like that anymore. What can I do? I probably sinned very badly because now the bible doesn't speak to me in that same intimate way. I've tried a lot to change this but it just doesn't. Does this mean the Spirit has left me?
Let yourself down to the nothing in God that you were before you met Him that very first time. That when you meet with the Lord start at the very bottom! Without Him we are nothing. Act like it acknowledging it and if necessary ask God to help you be as you are without Him.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

We must continuously go to the bottom of the ladder. Even though we may have been at a higher level previously, deciding our own position is not for us to do. Always take the lowest place, the humblest of positions, when the choice is yours to make.

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up
higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. Luke 14:8-11

God is the one who will be exalting the one who humbles himself. The following verses don’t speak specifically of the first and the last, but they do make clear that it is all in the hands of God. If we meet His requirements we will be placed where He wants us to be... not where we in our own carnal selves choose to be.

To be carnally minded is always possible until that old man subject still to temptations is completely dead. When is that? Are you not still tempted to aspire to the better places you remember when first you came to God and began to read the Bible? What made you deserving? Without Him are you not nothing? So then take the place of one who is nothing! If God wants you up higher He will elevate you. Do NOT try to elevate yourself!

"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father." Matt 20:21-23

Jesus emphasizes our role in things throughout His ministry. Even though Jesus was the Master, He washed the feet of His followers:

"Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.” John 13:13-15

And Peter protested because Jesus was going to wash his feet, Jesus clarified the situation for Peter:

“Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.” John 13:8

Are we washing our brothers’ feet? If we are not, we had best read again what Jesus said.

[Foot washing is not a commandment to literally take soap and water and wash a person's feet any more than the commandment to take communion literally means to eat a piece of unleavened bread baked in the oven and to drink a bit of juice of grape picked from the vine. To do these things is not wrong, but to fail to do what is really intended by God may cost us a lot more than we wish to pay.]

Getting back to the first and the last. The first thing to do is recorded in the following verse. Everything else needed will be then added to us. If our place is toward the highest one at the table, God will see to it. We are not to even try to elevate ourselves!

Keep your priorities with God in order. You are seeking your own blessings first, you are wrong! You are out of order!

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matt 6:30

Reactions: bbyrd009 and marks

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i first got saved and started reading the bible, it was so incredible. It was as if every passage spoke out to me. It was like I received messages straight from God and it was like this constantly. But now it's not like that anymore. What can I do? I probably sinned very badly because now the bible doesn't speak to me in that same intimate way. I've tried a lot to change this but it just doesn't. Does this mean the Spirit has left me?

Its not coming alive to you because you keep coming to dens of foolishness like this website, this jungle full of GENTILES, who have no real understanding of prophecy, and who the true Biblical descendants of Jacob are. And the latter is most important first and foremost because that is who the whole book is about. So if you don't know who they are, being deceived by those Neanderthal posers in the state of Israel, who say they are Jews and are not (Rev 2:9), then you're going to be WAY off on your understanding of the book no matter the angle you try and look at it. That's why its not coming alive for you just like it wasn't for me until I vacated this dump for a while and found the real truth of scripture, from the TRUE Biblical descendants of Jacob the world has been calling "niggers". Knowing now that I am a descendant of Jacob, his covenant people, as it identifies me as one by those curses in Deuteronomy 28 for one, the book is more alive to me than it ever was before. I have no reason to deny the scriptures, or its prophecies, because I am living proof of it.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its not coming alive to you because you keep coming to dens of foolishness like this website, this jungle full of GENTILES, who have no real understanding of prophecy, and who the true Biblical descendants of Jacob are. And the latter is most important first and foremost because that is who the whole book is about. So if you don't know who they are, being deceived by those Neanderthal posers in the state of Israel, who say they are Jews and are not (Rev 2:9), then you're going to be WAY off on your understanding of the book no matter the angle you try and look at it. That's why its not coming alive for you just like it wasn't for me until I vacated this dump for a while and found the real truth of scripture, from the TRUE Biblical descendants of Jacob the world has been calling "niggers". Knowing now that I am a descendant of Jacob, his covenant people, as it identifies me as one by those curses in Deuteronomy 28 for one, the book is more alive to me than it ever was before. I have no reason to deny the scriptures, or its prophecies, because I am living proof of it.

I just have 1 question. If the Jews in Israel are all impostors, then who are they and where did they come from? Saturn?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just have 1 question. If the Jews in Israel are all impostors, then who are they and where did they come from? Saturn?

:confused:And I can tell you didn't bother reading my post. Who have your kinfolk been calling "niggers" the last 500 years?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:confused:And I can tell you didn't bother reading my post. Who have your kinfolk been calling "niggers" the last 500 years?

I read your post. You said, and I quote:
So if you don't know who they are, being deceived by those Neanderthal posers in the state of Israel, who say they are Jews and are not (Rev 2:9), then you're going to be WAY off

My interpretation of this is that you do not believe the Jewish people are actually Jews/Descendants of Israel.

Can you answer my question or no?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thanks @amadeus

I used to elevate myself quite a lot when I first came to faith. I was actually quite delusional. But God has surely corrected me on that. I am no great saint.
Hi @friend of Good to remember that the Lord Jesus 'humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross' (Philippians 2).

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @friend of
I understand completely where you are at.
When we first come to know Jesus,his great love overwhelms us with joy unspeakable and sets a fire and zeal in our bones.

We however move from the milk of the word as babes and hunger for the meat.

Growth can sometimes be painful especially since we take God on faith,whom we have not seen.

As we grow there are valleys,mountains,deep waters torments,temptations many things to draw us away from God.

Remember Jesus told us to take HIS yoke upon us for HIS burden is light ,furthermore he is there with us every step under the load.

This is your personal walk and it must be done in FAITH,not knowing where the cliffs are or if you're placing your feet in the right direction.
Remember his word is a LIGHT unto our feet and a LAMP on our path.

Just be STILL and know he is God,we must cling tighter than ever in the vallley, trust the Spirit to direct us.

Never give up,Paul said it like this I press in toward the mark,running the race with patience until the end.
Blessings,comfort,and peace to you!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello @friend of

Just be STILL and know he is God,we must cling tighter than ever in the vallley, trust the Spirit to direct us.

Never give up,Paul said it like this I press in toward the mark,running the race with patience until the end.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Similar to Psalm 119.105, right? :)

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @friend of
I understand completely where you are at.
When we first come to know Jesus,his great love overwhelms us with joy unspeakable and sets a fire and zeal in our bones.

We however move from the milk of the word as babes and hunger for the meat.

Growth can sometimes be painful especially since we take God on faith,whom we have not seen.

As we grow there are valleys,mountains,deep waters torments,temptations many things to draw us away from God.

Remember Jesus told us to take HIS yoke upon us for HIS burden is light ,furthermore he is there with us every step under the load.

This is your personal walk and it must be done in FAITH,not knowing where the cliffs are or if you're placing your feet in the right direction.

Thank you

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and farouk

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful avatar @friend of

Oops I posted what I meant to you Friend,but hit farouk instead. It will do us all good however to remember where we started,all the bumps in the road and WHERE WE ARE GOING.

Reactions: Lambano

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read your post. You said, and I quote:

My interpretation of this is that you do not believe the Jewish people are actually Jews/Descendants of Israel.

Can you answer my question or no?

Where they came from? The same geographical location getting bombed out by Russia now...They have admitted they have almost zero genetic relations to the ancient people of the book in numerous studies, and here they are admitting it.

Now as the video stated, and is known, they call themselves Ashkenazi Jews. Here is who Ashkenazi really was according to the Bible, not your "church", or your "Christianity".

(Genesis 10:1-5) "Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood. {2} The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. {3} And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. {4} And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. {5} By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations."

According to the Bible, you have to be of the line of Shem to be a descendant of Jacob to begin with, because that is who Abraham descended from.

(Genesis 11:10-26) "¶ These are the generations of Shem: Shem was an hundred years old, and begat Arphaxad two years after the flood: {11} And Shem lived after he begat Arphaxad five hundred years, and begat sons and daughters. {12} And Arphaxad lived five and thirty years, and begat Salah: {13} And Arphaxad lived after he begat Salah four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters. {14} And Salah lived thirty years, and begat Eber: {15} And Salah lived after he begat Eber four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters. {16} And Eber lived four and thirty years, and begat Peleg: {17} And Eber lived after he begat Peleg four hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters. {18} And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu: {19} And Peleg lived after he begat Reu two hundred and nine years, and begat sons and daughters. {20} And Reu lived two and thirty years, and begat Serug: {21} And Reu lived after he begat Serug two hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters. {22} And Serug lived thirty years, and begat Nahor: {23} And Serug lived after he begat Nahor two hundred years, and begat sons and daughters. {24} And Nahor lived nine and twenty years, and begat Terah: {25} And Nahor lived after he begat Terah an hundred and nineteen years, and begat sons and daughters. {26} And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran."

And I went into this in the link's below. The book ain't coming alive to you, because you've been lied to about the book. Those people are gentiles pretending to be the true Israelites. And when it comes down to it, if your history doesn't fit those curses in Deut 28, then you are NOT Israel, bottom line. The book is very clear on that, and his prophecy of what he stated was going to happen to Israel does not come back void, and it hasn't. ;)

O House Of Israel, Where Are You?

O House Of Israel, Where Are You?