Bible not coming "alive" to me anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dcopymope
This is irrelevant to @friend of thoughts.
A battle has ensued in a personal way and positivity is needed not negativity.

This is business, the Lords business, the TRUTH, this is not personal. Really, I didn't have to say anything at all and went on about my business amongst my own people, and leave this jungle alone. The Lord just can't leave me alone though, so here I am, dealing with this zoo, for now. :(

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is business, the Lords business, the TRUTH, this is not personal. Really, I didn't have to say anything at all and went on about my business amongst my own people, and leave this jungle alone. The Lord just can't leave me alone though, so here I am, dealing with this zoo, for now. :(

Shame on you. I would not be blaming the Lord for the things YOU will give an account of.

Who are your OWN ppl?

Are we not joint heirs with Jesus?

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shame on you. I would be blaming the Lord for the things YOU will give an account of.

Who are your OWN ppl?

Are we not joint heirs with Jesus?

Don't bother responding to Dcopymope. He's deeply resentful of the entire world, regardless of commands in scripture not to let bitterness rule a person's heart.

Welcome to Christianity Board, and stay positive and caring. This is a true reflection of the Spirit of God.
- Hidden In Him

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i first got saved and started reading the bible, it was so incredible. It was as if every passage spoke out to me. It was like I received messages straight from God and it was like this constantly. But now it's not like that anymore. What can I do? I probably sinned very badly because now the bible doesn't speak to me in that same intimate way. I've tried a lot to change this but it just doesn't. Does this mean the Spirit has left me?
Just a dry spell. It happens. Keep trusting.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i first got saved and started reading the bible, it was so incredible. It was as if every passage spoke out to me. It was like I received messages straight from God and it was like this constantly. But now it's not like that anymore. What can I do? I probably sinned very badly because now the bible doesn't speak to me in that same intimate way. I've tried a lot to change this but it just doesn't. Does this mean the Spirit has left me?

Please do not think this is callous Friend. I know it is going to sound like it though. God has one group of people who represent Him. He has had only one nation since the first covenant. Under the new covenant, He still has only one faith that belongs to Him. The Bible identifies that faith, and if you truly want to be one of His people, then He will see to it you have been reached by one of His people, but you personally have to recognize that God is with them and then go with them Zech 8:23.

I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, and believe fully that we are that faith, and would be glad to study with you if you would like. We have a new study book that is very enjoyable to study in, and it is entitled Enjoy life Forever on earth, and can be downloaded on this link: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/enjoy-life-forever/. It is a very easy to understand book with many videos, an interactive course designed to be used with digital readers, such as tablets, phones, or computer. It is also available as a book. If you would like to have a study or have any personal questions feel free to tell me using the inbox, and I will be glad to make arrangements as well.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My prayer life isn't great. I used to pray unceasingly but now it's difficult to even formulate the words.

Might be your problem then.

Lord Jesus knows we cannot be perfect in these flesh bodies, and that we will still slip up at times and sin. We need to watch that as much as we are able, and ask Him forgiveness, daily if we think we need to. So don't beat yourself up, forgive yourself.

Pray and then get on with serving Jesus Christ, asking Him for understanding. We should pray for understanding each time we start our Bible study session. And those who are able should have their own personal Bible study sessions.

TOOLS:

The Bible study software One Touch by BibleSoft is a FREE download. It has lots... of Bible study tools in it, and you can add more by buying separate modules if you want.

I recommend staying with the KJV Bible at first, simply because the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance Greek/Hebrew Lexicon is based on the manuscripts used for the KJV Bible. Those should be the main 2 study tools for the new babe in Christ.

A 3rd tool I recommend is The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge cross-reference. All 3 of those tools are included in One Touch.

And one of the best of KJV study Bibles I recommend is The Companion Bible put together by 19th century Christian Bible scholar E.W. Bullinger. Although he held to some doctrine traditions I don't agree with, that study Bible he put together is still one of the best scholarly documentations of Biblical information on the market.

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Might be your problem then.

Lord Jesus knows we cannot be perfect in these flesh bodies, and that we will still slip up at times and sin. We need to watch that as much as we are able, and ask Him forgiveness, daily if we think we need to. So don't beat yourself up, forgive yourself.

Pray and then get on with serving Jesus Christ, asking Him for understanding. We should pray for understanding each time we start our Bible study session. And those who are able should have their own personal Bible study sessions.

TOOLS:

The Bible study software One Touch by BibleSoft is a FREE download. It has lots... of Bible study tools in it, and you can add more by buying separate modules if you want.

I recommend staying with the KJV Bible at first, simply because the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance Greek/Hebrew Lexicon is based on the manuscripts used for the KJV Bible. Those should be the main 2 study tools for the new babe in Christ.

A 3rd tool I recommend is The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge cross-reference. All 3 of those tools are included in One Touch.

And one of the best of KJV study Bibles I recommend is The Companion Bible put together by 19th century Christian Bible scholar E.W. Bullinger. Although he held to some doctrine traditions I don't agree with, that study Bible he put together is still one of the best scholarly documentations of Biblical information on the market.
I run a mile from all professed know how methods. Not only are they burdensome but pretentious as well.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Be careful to not lean on your feelings nor your own understanding. You will waver like the wind every time your feelings change. I used to lean on my own understanding, and it led me straight to condemnation all the time. Talk about mental torture.

Lean on Jesus Christ alone, and you will stay firmly rooted in the most secure foundation there is. Then you shouldn't be concerned about whether the Spirit is leaving you, because you are already fixated on Christ, and that is Salvation.

Keep bringing your issues to God, who is more present and infinitely greater than us all. We should all be directing you back to God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must continuously go to the bottom of the ladder. Even though we may have been at a higher level previously, deciding our own position is not for us to do. Always take the lowest place, the humblest of positions, when the choice is yours to make.
In other words, be realistic.

Isaiah 66:1-2 KJV
1) Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2) For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

When I honestly look at myself, and I look at what God is calling me to in His Word, it's not difficult to tremble!

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are eating [good] food from God, we go from hearing to believing to knowing by the confirmation of the Spirit...which, no, you cannot lose. If you, on the other hand, heard from God, then sidestepped the Holy Spirit to hear and get your confirmation from men...then you may have gotten off course. In which case you will need to back up and appeal to God for better direction. It may mean changing churches...and the renewing of your mind about what you were taught.

Even if your course was not off, what you are experiencing is common among those who go from milk to more milk, never "pressing on." In this case one should read and take to heart what Paul said about "pressing on" beyond the "elementary principles of Christ." Which is not against Christ, but ordained by Him through the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and L.A.M.B.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first came to Christ and then for the next few years afterwards, scripture came alive for me and I was on fire. Everything seemed to flow so smoothly. I was led by the Spirit most definitively. I was just a babe and the simplest scripture spoke to me. It might be time to now 'eat meat.' It is not unusual to have 'dry' patches in life, and in your walk in the Spirit, especially after several years of being saved. You most probably need to to seek out more mature Bible study partners or groups to get re-energized. After the initial Bible 101 course and going it alone under your own steam, might not be a wise choice, if that's what you are doing. Pray and seek out understanding in scripture once more.

Pick the place in scripture that appeals to you and build from there and re-engage. It does take time, and you cannot 'force' it. Just keep at it.

I will pray a few words for your concern and have I 've already done so.

Bless you,

APAK

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please do not think this is callous Friend. I know it is going to sound like it though. God has one group of people who represent Him. He has had only one nation since the first covenant. Under the new covenant, He still has only one faith that belongs to Him. The Bible identifies that faith, and if you truly want to be one of His people, then He will see to it you have been reached by one of His people, but you personally have to recognize that God is with them and then go with them Zech 8:23.

I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, and believe fully that we are that faith, and would be glad to study with you if you would like. We have a new study book that is very enjoyable to study in, and it is entitled Enjoy life Forever on earth, and can be downloaded on this link: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/enjoy-life-forever/. It is a very easy to understand book with many videos, an interactive course designed to be used with digital readers, such as tablets, phones, or computer. It is also available as a book. If you would like to have a study or have any personal questions feel free to tell me using the inbox, and I will be glad to make arrangements as well.

NO

DO NOT ENGAGE WITH THIS POSTER @friendof.

I implore you to seek God in prayer and his word. Psalms is a beautiful book of poetry by David,a Mann after God's own heart.
It will lift and encourage you.
I am also here to listen and encourage you as are many true believers.

Jw is a cult!

Reactions: Jim B

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend,all you will ever need to learn of what God desires is in his word. Through prayer ,leaning on the Holy Spirit to lead you in,and simply trust God is right in all he says and does is all you need to climb from this pit of despair.

I like what Corrie ten Boom said while in a Nazi camp...." THERE IS NO PIT THAT IS SO DEEP THAT GOD IS NOT DEEPER STILL!

Hang tight,Friend, for there's gonna be a break through in Him for you.
Prayers before God with your name in it!

Love and blessings.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: GRACE ambassador