Bible Prophecy WILL be Fulfilled

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The millennium will be inhabited by fallible humans, but ruled by the infallible Jesus.
Would you prefer a complete wipeout of mortal humanity when Jesus Returns? Such a thing is not what is Prophesied and would constitute a failure of God's Plan to have a people who freely chose to believe in Him and to keep His Commandments.
I find your insistent eschatology so far off track Keraz, it's not worth me trying to counter it; it would surely be like hitting my head against a wall.
Your assumptions are as ungiving as were the assumptions of the religious in Jesus day. He said to his disciples, 'leave them, they are blind guides'

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I find your insistent eschatology so far off track Keraz,
The Millennium must be populated by mortal humans. They have children and die, albeit; free of sickness and have very long lives. Isaiah 65:20 Obviously a lot of them do fail, as Revelation 20:8 tells us.

What I do is to point out what the Prophets said. That their Prophesies conflict with what you believe, is your problem.
I refuse to compromise my beliefs with any unbiblical Church doctrines, unsupported theories, or wild guesswork.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Millennium must be populated by mortal humans. They have children and die, albeit; free of sickness and have very long lives. Isaiah 65:20 Obviously a lot of them do fail, as Revelation 20:8 tells us.

What I do is to point out what the Prophets said. That their Prophesies conflict with what you believe, is your problem.
I refuse to compromise my beliefs with any unbiblical Church doctrines, unsupported theories, or wild guesswork.
What you do is put words in the prophets mouths with your interpretation and cobbling, you then call that which justifiably varies from your view unbiblical etc. and your refusal to reconsider your interpretations, carries a responsibility you would feign shy away from.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What you do is put words in the prophets mouths with your interpretation and cobbling, you then call that which justifiably varies from your view unbiblical etc. and your refusal to reconsider your interpretations, carries a responsibility you would feign shy away from.
Proof of this unsupported accusation is required, Where have I 'put words into the Prophets mouths?
Just because what they actually say, is opposed to your beliefs, you object. Objections over ruled, by the truth of the Prophetic Word.

Bobgf

Mar 24, 2023
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After 1000 years comes the final Judgement of all peoples at the Great White Throne. Rev. 20:11-14
keraz, in your scenario do the great multitude standing before the throne of God in Rev 7:9, do these same people stand again before the throne of God to be judged again in Rev 20:11 ?

Rev 7:9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

Bob..

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
keraz, in your scenario do the great multitude standing before the throne of God in Rev 7:9, do these same people stand again before the throne of God to be judged again in Rev 20:11 ?

Rev 7:9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

Bob..
Yes they will stand before God, along with everyone who has ever lived, in the final Judgment. Revelation 20:11-15

The great multitude in Revelation 7:9, are the living people who kept their faith and trust in the Lord during the just happened; Sixth seal worldwide disaster. This is on earth, the scene set by Revelation 7:1-3 and remains unchanged for all of that Chapter, Plus practically all of Revelation, and finally God Himself come to the new earth to dwell with mankind. Revelation 21:1-7

God's Throne is a Spiritual concept and is anywhere and everywhere. Ezekiel and Stephen both saw it while they were on earth.
Any ideas that people go to heaven, is refuted by Jesus: John 3:13 and many other scriptures.

Bobgf

Mar 24, 2023
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they will stand before God, along with everyone who has ever lived, in the final Judgment. Revelation 20:11-15

The great multitude in Revelation 7:9, are the living people who kept their faith and trust in the Lord during the just happened; Sixth seal worldwide disaster. This is on earth, the scene set by Revelation 7:1-3 and remains unchanged for all of that Chapter, Plus practically all of Revelation, and finally God Himself come to the new earth to dwell with mankind. Revelation 21:1-7

God's Throne is a Spiritual concept and is anywhere and everywhere. Ezekiel and Stephen both saw it while they were on earth.
Any ideas that people go to heaven, is refuted by Jesus: John 3:13 and many other scriptures.
Isa 66:1 This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool" ...

Rev 7:15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple...

keraz, why do you say the great multitude are not in heaven in Rev 7:9, but are living on earth?

Doesn't Isa 66:1 and Rev 7:15 contradict that in showing God's temple and throne are in heaven, and the great multitude are there too serving Him in his temple?

I agree, Rev 7:1-8 are scenes on earth, but Rev 7:9-17 shifts to scenes in heaven.

Bob..

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
keraz, why do you say the great multitude are not in heaven in Rev 7:9, but are living on earth?
Because; we Christians will be in the very place that the ancient Israelites were rejected, in the holy Land. Romans 9:24-26
Also there are many Prophesies that tell how the Lord's faithful peoples will travel to and live in all of the holy land. Psalms 107, Psalms 69:22-26, Isaiah 57:12-15, +
Going to live in heaven is never said to happen for the Church, Eventually God and heaven come to the earth, Rev 21:1-7
Doesn't Isa 66:1 and Rev 7:15 contradict that in showing God's temple and throne are in heaven, and the great multitude are there too serving Him in his temple?
As I said; God and heaven are Spiritual concepts. They can be anywhere that God chooses. He has a great multitude of angels to serve Him.
Rev 7:1-8 are scenes on earth, but Rev 7:9-17 shifts to scenes in heaven.
No; all of Rev 7 is earthly scenes. But Rev 7:15-17 prophesies about the Eternal state, after the Millennium. On the new earth.
Proved by how God will wipe away every tear; paralleled in Revelation 21:4.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Proof of this unsupported accusation is required, Where have I 'put words into the Prophets mouths?
Just because what they actually say, is opposed to your beliefs, you object. Objections over ruled, by the truth of the Prophetic Word.
Understanding their language is pretty helpful....and by language I mean; here is an example, If I said to you 'there was an American, an Englishman and an Australian ....' what would you immediately deduct? I'd bet you'd know a joke was about to be delivered? and I'd also bet you wouldn't be scratching your head trying to figure out what was said literally?

That's one aspect of understanding language, there are others but I wont go into it at this point.

Bobgf

Mar 24, 2023
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said; God and heaven are Spiritual concepts. They can be anywhere that God chooses. He has a great multitude of angels to serve Him.
Seems we live in a multidimensional universe, the highest heavens being outside of our three-dimensional universe. Paul said Jesus ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe (Eph 4:10)
No; all of Rev 7 is earthly scenes. But Rev 7:15-17 prophesies about the Eternal state, after the Millennium. On the new earth.
Proved by how God will wipe away every tear; paralleled in Revelation 21:4.
Perhaps all of the second half of Revelation chapter 7 verses 7:9-17, all concerning the great multitude, should be seen as a parallel accounting of the heavenly new heaven and new earth of Revelation chapter 21?

The great multitude, which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, all serving in God's temple (Rev 7:9), would never fit in any earthly temple.

Bob..

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not be caught up on rapture day and miss all the ""fun""!!
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36
Because pre-trib rapture never came out of the Mouth of God and therefore is a complete lie.

Burn your 'golden calf' in which you place your trust.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Perhaps all of the second half of Revelation chapter 7 verses 7:9-17, all concerning the great multitude, should be seen as a parallel accounting of the heavenly new heaven and new earth of Revelation chapter 21?
No. Only Revelation 7:15-17, refers to the Eternal state, on the new Earth.
Revelation 7:1-14 is all before Jesus Returns, up to Rev 19:11, 1 Thess 4:16-17
The great multitude, which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, all serving in God's temple (Rev 7:9), would never fit in any earthly temple.
Only a few will serve as Priests in the Temple. All the rest will live in all of the holy land. Which is from the Nile to the Euphrates.
That's one aspect of understanding language, there are others but I wont go into it at this point.
The aspect I use, is to read the Prophesies as literal, if it is possible for them to be fulfilled literally. Even the allegories can be understood from other passages or from common sense.
The 'beast rising from the sea; will be a powerful man who comes out of the peoples, for example.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The 'beast rising from the sea; will be a powerful man who comes out of the peoples, for example.
Not the sea?...and a man, not a beast? What happened to literal? ...or do you mean one can apply an interpretation which suits ones construct?
....and as far as common sense is concerned, when and where where sense ever common?

Bobgf

Mar 24, 2023
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Only Revelation 7:15-17, refers to the Eternal state, on the new Earth.
Revelation 7:1-14 is all before Jesus Returns, up to Rev 19:11, 1 Thess 4:16-17
If the great multitude of people in Rev 7:9 are saved before Jesus Returns,

and after Jesus Returns there's a great loss of people in the Gog/Magog affair of Rev 20:7-9,

then how can we truly say that Jesus is the Savior of the World ?

And we have seen and now testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world (1 John 4:14)

I respectfully disagree with your chronology.

Bob..

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Not the sea?...and a man, not a beast? What happened to literal? ...or do you mean one can apply an interpretation which suits ones construct?
....and as far as common sense is concerned, when and where where sense ever common?
I said they were allegories, things that cannot happen literally.
Common sense is using your intelligence and modern scientific knowledge,

But if it suits your belief system, then argue till the cows come home. Its your prerogative and when things do start to happen, you wont know which way to turn, Luke 21:25-26

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If the great multitude of people in Rev 7:9 are saved before Jesus Returns,
There are a great number of living Christians now.
and after Jesus Returns there's a great loss of people in the Gog/Magog affair of Rev 20:7-9,
The G.M attack of Ezekiel 37 to 38, is before Jesus Returns. the mention of Gog in Rev 20, is just as an example of a huge army.
The only loss of people in both instances; is of the attackers; all totally wiped out.
then how can we truly say that Jesus is the Savior of the World ?
Jesus saves those who freely choose to believe in Him and keep His Commandments. Those who reject Him will die.
I respectfully disagree with your chronology.
OK. We will soon see how Gods plans for our future will unfold.
The next prophesied event will be the Sixth Seal Day of the Lords fiery wrath, the world changer to commence the end times.

Bobgf

Mar 24, 2023
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The G.M attack of Ezekiel 37 to 38, is before Jesus Returns. the mention of Gog in Rev 20, is just as an example of a huge army.
The only loss of people in both instances; is of the attackers; all totally wiped out.
Actually I imagine there is a great loss of life for the noncombatants too.

The Scriptures tell us that God will send fire on the land of Magog and also on the coastlands, which is where the majority of people live.

I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the Lord (Ezk 39:6)

Bob..

Reactions: Keraz