Bible Study - 'The Second Coming of Christ'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew, I hope you read this carefully considering what is being said. I'm doing this because I think you are a young man who has a heart for God, and by that, I don't think I'm wasting my time with you!

Hello Charlie24,

It depends on how people respond to me, one thing I do know is when Paul wrote to Timothy, in his first epistle he told Timothy this.

• 1 Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

This of course wasn't written to me personally, but Timothy none the less, and there is a principle here to be learned as I see the heart of God in Pauls writing here.

God chose Abraham to be the father of a nation that God would create for the soul purpose of introducing the Messiah to the world.

Yes, that is right.

That nation is called Israel, God's chosen people. Israel was to evangelize the world. Of course God knew they would fail miserably in this calling (rejecting the Messiah) and had another plan to put His chosen people on the back burner, so to speak, so He chose the Church to temporarily replace Israel in that calling to evangelize the world.

When you say world - do you mean the whole UNIVERSE, or do you mean the whole land - that they had lived about with-in, and those around it?

I remember rather specifically when Jesus told his disciples this in Matthew Chapter 10.

Jesus told his twelve disciples at that time.

• Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, having given command to them, saying, “Do not go away to the way of the nations, and do not go into a city of the Samaritans,
  • Mat 10:6 and be going rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
These twelve were given a direct commandment to not go away to the way of the nations - and do not go into a city of the Samartians, and be going rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Therefore these twelve had a mission to go to all the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Paul would end up being sent to the Gentiles later after the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus which always changed everything at that point onward.

Paul said in Rom. 3:1-2

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God."

Okay.

The "oracles of God" is the Law of Moses. No law was given to the rest of the world, only to the Jews.

Okay.

This was to prepare them for their calling to evangelize the world, introducing the Messiah.

Not sure what you mean here. The first twelve were only told to go the Lost sheep of the house of Israel. In which they would preach to the people around in their land, and according to Jesus they wouldn't make it to all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man came back.

Jesus stated in Matthew 10:23 which I had shared earlier Matthew 10:6 - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto to you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of Man may come.

Through the Law Israel was to live a consecrated life to God, being a peculiar people, different from the rest of the world. Again, to introduce their Messiah to the world. That responsibility has now been given to the Church through Israel's failure.

Yes you are right, you are talking about the Bride of Christ, and that would be the very first ones to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and the ones in left in Charge of that 'Assembly' or Church if you want call it that. Was the Apostles, they are all dead now. They did their Job, and Jesus had came back to get the bride.

Not only that, but the Messiah was to be one of them, a Jew. So Israel was given the Law and the Messiah in preparation to guide the world to God.

When John the Baptist came preaching, "repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand," he was the chosen of God to introduce Israel to the Messiah. When Jesus came, he also preached, "repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." He was saying, John has told you I'm coming, and here I am!

Okay. The Kingdom of Heaven was at hand meaning it was near. Not far off, or 2000 years away in the future.

Now here is the key to this whole thing of spiritualizing the Kingdom of God/Heaven.

This boils down to if we believe Jesus or not, about what he stated in Luke 17:20-21, and I will always side with Jesus over a persons interoperation of what they may believe he is saying, however you may freely believe how you choose to, as God has given us free will.

What did Jesus mean when He cried out through the streets of Jerusalem, "repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand?" He was telling them, you have been prepared for this moment, accept me now and introduce me to the world. He was going to set up His literal throne (the Kingdom of Heaven) on this earth for the purpose of Israel to introduce Him to the world.

How can the Kingdom of Heaven be literal other than through Spiritual means.

Look closely at Jn. 18:36.

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Do you see that? Jesus is telling Pilate that His Kingdom is not on this earth now, physically! It couldn't be because the chosen nation to introduce Him to the world has rejected Him. But His Kingdom will be on earth when His chosen people, Israel come to Christ during the Great Tribulation. That will be the literal Millennial reign of Christ on this earth in God's original plan with Israel accepting Christ.

Nor will there ever be a physical material kingdom set up on this earth ever. I believe what Jesus said in John 18:36 to be true.

He was telling them that His Kingdom is not of this world. Period and nor will never be.

One other point to be made.

Luke 17:20-21

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

And I believe that Jesus was telling the truth, that believers now today - have the kingdom of God with-in their heart and they are part of the Spiritual kingdom on high, and that is the destination of those believers when they die, to go and be with God in the new Spiritual Kingdom, that is not of this earth.

People can agree or not it is up to them. I am not the judge here.

Thank you for your time, patience and reading.

I personally am not of the belief of a physical material kingdom being set up here on earth, I do not believe in the doctrines of pre/post mill and things of that nature so it would be very difficult to try to change my mind, but thank you for taking time to share, as you mean well, however will be wasting your time to get me to believe otherwise.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I think about how near the Kingdom of God was - it was literally three years close by, not far off 2000 years later, and the Holy Spirit dropped on the day of Pentecost which started them being in the last days as quoted by Peter.

Interesting.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Charlie24,

It depends on how people respond to me, one thing I do know is when Paul wrote to Timothy, in his first epistle he told Timothy this.

• 1 Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

This of course wasn't written to me personally, but Timothy none the less, and there is a principle here to be learned as I see the heart of God in Pauls writing here.

Yes, that is right.

When you say world - do you mean the whole UNIVERSE, or do you mean the whole land - that they had lived about with-in, and those around it?

I remember rather specifically when Jesus told his disciples this in Matthew Chapter 10.

• Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, having given command to them, saying, “Do not go away to the way of the nations, and do not go into a city of the Samaritans,
These twelve were given a direct commandment to not go away to the way of the nations - and do not go into a city of the Samartians, and be going rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Therefore these twelve had a mission to go to all the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Paul would end up being sent to the Gentiles later after the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus which always changed everything at that point onward.

Okay.

Okay.

Not sure what you mean here. The first twelve were only told to go the Lost sheep of the house of Israel. In which they would preach to the people around in their land, and according to Jesus they wouldn't make it to all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man came back.

Jesus stated in Matthew 10:23 which I had shared earlier Matthew 10:6 - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto to you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of Man may come.

Yes you are right, you are talking about the Bride of Christ, and that would be the very first ones to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and the ones in left in Charge of that 'Assembly' or Church if you want call it that. Was the Apostles, they are all dead now. They did their Job, and Jesus had came back to get the bride.

Okay. The Kingdom of Heaven was at hand meaning it was near. Not far off, or 2000 years away in the future.

This boils down to if we believe Jesus or not, about what he stated in Luke 17:20-21, and I will always side with Jesus over a persons interoperation of what they may believe he is saying, however you may freely believe how you choose to, as God has given us free will.

Nor will there ever be a physical material kingdom set up on this earth ever. I believe what Jesus said in John 18:36 to be true.

He was telling them that His Kingdom is not of this world. Period and nor will never be.

And I believe that Jesus was telling the truth, that believers now today - have the kingdom of God with-in their heart and they are part of the Spiritual kingdom on high, and that is the destination of those believers when they die, to go and be with God in the new Spiritual Kingdom, that is not of this earth.

I personally am not of the belief of a physical material kingdom being set up here on earth, I do not believe in the doctrines of pre/post mill and things of that nature so it would be very difficult to try to change my mind, but thank you for taking time to share, as you mean well, however will be wasting your time to get me to believe otherwise.
And that is written to TIMOTHY specifically from Paul. Are you trying to say you are equal to Timothy and his relationship to Paul ?

Do you know why the Apostles were commanded to appoint ELDERS as leaders in every church and that one of the main qualifications for them was to have the " gift of teaching " that was affirmed by others ?

hope this helps !!!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Charlie24,

Yes, that is right.

Okay.

Okay.

Well, you've created at least 10 different conversations here. I don't respond to all of it as it gets very confusing to accomplish anything.

Concerning the 12 and only going to the house of Israel.

When the Gentile woman came to Jesus for her child to be healed, Jesus told her, "it is not proper to cast the children's bread to the dogs." Jesus outright called this Gentile woman a dog. Why did He do that?

The Jews believed that Gentiles were dogs, unfit for God's kingdom and could not be saved, only a Jew could be saved. They were right but they were also wrong!

God had a plan and that plan was for Gentiles to come to Christ through the Jews. But Israel must come to faith themselves before they could introduce Christ to the world, and by that (world) I mean all of humanity.

So the concentration of salvation was thwarted toward the salvation of the Jews. That's why Jesus came only to the house of Israel, they had to be saved before they could lead the world to God through Christ.

But the mercy of God prevails even in darkness! Even though Christ came for the Jews only, He never turned down a Gentile with a heart of belief. This Gentile woman said to Christ, "even the dogs desire to eat the crumbs from the masters table."

Jesus told her, great is thy faith, as you wish it is done. Not only was her child healed, she became a born-again follower of Christ by faith.

It would be later, in Acts, that God would reveal to Paul, Peter and all the Jews that God has granted salvation the the Gentiles.

Are you beginning to put this together yet?

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you've created at least 10 different conversations here. I don't respond to all of it as it gets very confusing to accomplish anything.

When the Gentile woman came to Jesus for her child to be healed, Jesus told her, "it is not proper to cast the children's bread to the dogs." Jesus outright called this Gentile woman a dog. Why did He do that?

The Jews believed that Gentiles were dogs, unfit for God's kingdom and could not be saved, only a Jew could be saved. They were right but they were also wrong!

God had a plan and that plan was for Gentiles to come to Christ through the Jews. But Israel must come to faith themselves before they could introduce Christ to the world, and by that (world) I mean all of humanity.

So the concentration of salvation was thwarted toward the salvation of the Jews. That's why Jesus came only to the house of Israel, they had to be saved before they could lead the world to God through Christ.

But the mercy of God prevails even in darkness! Even though Christ came for the Jews only, He never turned down a Gentile with a heart of belief. This Gentile woman said to Christ, "even the dogs desire to eat the crumbs from the masters table."

Jesus told her, great is thy faith, as you wish it is done. Not only was her child healed, she became a born-again follower of Christ by faith.

It would be later, in Acts, that God would reveal to Paul, Peter and all the Jews that God has granted salvation the the Gentiles.

Are you beginning to put this together yet?
Well said !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Assuredly.

Because His mission was mainly for the house of Israel, he was telling her that he needs to take care of the children first, and it is not proper to cast the children's bread to the dogs - and the woman had come from a place where (I believe they had dogs as pets there), and in response she said, yes but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall off the master table. (or something like that I could bring forth the scripture).

The Jews looked down anyone who wasn't part of their group.

Because eventually Paul would bring forward the mystery of Christ :

• Ephesians 3:1-13
  • 3 For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— 2 assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3 how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. 4 When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. 6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
  • 7 Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God's grace, which was given me by the working of his power. 8 To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God, who created all things,10 so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him. 13 So I ask you not to lose heart over what I am suffering for you, which is your glory.

Is there anything else you would like to share with me @Charlie24.

The Bible is good to read friend, and I still enjoy reading it even to this day, my flesh doesn't but the spirit is willingly.

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuredly.

Because His mission was mainly for the house of Israel, he was telling her that he needs to take care of the children first, and it is not proper to cast the children's bread to the dogs - and the woman had come from a place where (I believe they had dogs as pets there), and in response she said, yes but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall off the master table. (or something like that I could bring forth the scripture).

The Jews looked down anyone who wasn't part of their group.

Is there anything else you would like to share with me @Charlie24.

the Bible is good to read friend, and I still enjoy reading it even to this day.

But are you learning anything that applies to the spiritual and physical "Kingdom of Heaven?"

That's what this is all leading to, Matthew!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not from what you are trying to teach me.

Will you just be straight forward about your beliefs?

Are you waiting for the Kingdom of God to come down from heaven or something still today?

That is what helps me a lot is when people just openly share what they believe.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not from what you are trying to teach me.

Will you just be straight forward about your beliefs?

Are you waiting for the Kingdom of God to come down from heaven or something still today?

That is what helps me a lot is when people just openly share what they believe.

I have the Kingdom of God in my heart, by way of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

But the physical Kingdom of God will not come until Israel comes to faith as a nation.

I am showing you that the Kingdom of God in not all spiritual, there will be a physical Kingdom on this earth.

That was the purpose of my original post.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But the physical Kingdom of God will not come until Israel comes to faith as a nation.

I am showing you that the Kingdom of God in not all spiritual, there will be a physical Kingdom on this earth.

Exactly !

Its not an either or, its both. Preterism makes a complete mockery out of all the promises of God in scripture to Israel and there are so many future prophecies yet to be fulfilled regarding the son of man, Isreal, the kingdom and the universal wrath to come upon the whole earth that will make the plagues of Egypt look like little league ball compared to the major leagues.

Reactions: Charlie24

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Judes day when he wrote the letter he did as the destruction of Jerusalem drew closer to being at hand,

He wrote in the forth verse

• Jude 1:4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

He talked about people who would slip in, secretly and listen to what people said. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

• Now this was people doing that in this day in age, and they would pervert Gods grace for them to commit immorality and deny Jesus Christ.

However sometimes in that day in age it seems people try to creep in and they will judge people secretly and then try to make them in to a heretic as though if they themselves are encouraging people to go on to pervert the grace of God, and to deny Jesus Christ.

Has anyone ever seen this scripture before or remember that it existed?

• I am simply someone who believes that Jesus Christ had come as promised, and has already set up the Spiritual kingdom, which comes with no observation and that really boggles people because they are still in hopes for it to come down, and I am not trying to get anyone to move away from their faith of this happening for them, they can freely believe it if they desire, however I just happen to see it already set up just not on earth, and it will never stop increasing. People are entering it now today by faith in the Lord who came, died, was buried, and resurrected.

Okay, thank you for being open and honest. That helps get all that stuff out of the way. My post above is being open and honest as well to anyone who may come along and read.

Love to all on this board, and if I have done anyone wrong my hopes is that they forgive me, and may the Lord God be the judge who is the weigher of the heart.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Judes day when he wrote the letter he did as the destruction of Jerusalem drew closer to being at hand,

He wrong in the forth verse

• Jude 1:4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

He talked about people who would slip in, secretly and listen to what people said. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

• Now this was people doing that in this day in age, and they would pervert Gods grace for them to commit immorality and deny Jesus Christ.

However sometimes in that day in age it seems people try to creep in and they will judge people secretly and then try to make them in to a heretic as though if they themselves are encouraging people to go on to pervert the grace of God, and to deny Jesus Christ.

Has anyone ever seen this scripture before or remember that it existed?

• I am simply someone who believes that Jesus Christ had come as promised, and has already set up the Spiritual kingdom, which comes with no observation and that really boggles people because they are still in hopes for it to come down, and I am not trying to get anyone to move away from their faith of this happening for them, they can freely believe it if they desire, however I just happen to see it already set up just not on earth, and it will never stop increasing.

Okay, thank you for being open and honest. That helps get all that stuff out of the way. My post above is being open and honest as well to anyone who may come along and read.

Love to all on this board, and if I have done anyone wrong my hopes is that they forgive me, and may the Lord God be the judge who is the weigher of the heart.

Well, Matthew, if you don't try to understand it, then you never will.

But I'm a firm believer in what Peter said, " but we believe that through the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved."

Thank God it's by Grace and not having to get all doctrine correct.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is alright Charlie, it is not that I am trying to understand what other people believe (which they can freely share with me if they desire it is totally fine I rather people be honest than lie to me), it is just I accept what Jesus Christ has already came and done my friend.

You are saved to the Kingdom of God through your faith. You should know that right now today, you are part of the Heavenly Kingdom being adopted as a Child of God - in which you call out to the Father, and your citizenship is now in heaven, and you have a family in heaven, and there are family here who you communicate with about the things of God now today on this earth while you traverse to the end destination that of being with God himself, in the Heavenly Jerusalem my friend.

They in that day in age, needed to have faith and believe otherwise they wouldn't be saved from ending up suffering the wrath of God that would fall upon the nation of Israel. That is the difference probably from us both. I believe everything happened in 70Ad.

There are so many scriptures that talk about them waiting for the return of Christ in their day in age it is hard to deny him having not come for his bride, but the principle still remains even now today.

Philippians 3:20 For our citizenship is in the heavens, whence also a Saviour we await -- the Lord Jesus Christ --

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing happened in 70 ad except the temple was destroyed and the Jews lost the land . It had nothing to do with the false teaching of preterism

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is alright Charlie, it is not that I am trying to understand what other people believe (which they can freely share with me if they desire it is totally fine I rather people be honest than lie to me), it is just I accept what Jesus Christ has already came and done my friend.

You are saved to the Kingdom of God through your faith. You should know that right now today, you are part of the Heavenly Kingdom being adopted as a Child of God - in which you call out to the Father, and your citizenship is now in heaven, and you have a family in heaven, and there are family here who you communicate with about the things of God now today on this earth while you traverse to the end destination that of being with God himself, in the Heavenly Jerusalem my friend.

They in that day in age, needed to have faith and believe otherwise they wouldn't be saved from ending up suffering the wrath of God that would fall upon the nation of Israel. That is the difference probably from us both. I believe everything happened in 70Ad.

There are so many scriptures that talk about them waiting for the return of Christ in their day in age it is hard to deny him having not come for his bride, but the principle still remains even now today.

Philippians 3:20 For our citizenship is in the heavens, whence also a Saviour we await -- the Lord Jesus Christ --

I have studied all aspects of the other side in this so-called spiritual kingdom, and found them to be incorrect.

You my friend, with your fair words are not doing the same. It's a pass-off and have a nice day!