Biblical Proof Of A Pretribulation Rapture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodness...
If we all "Live ready" and walk as God called us to walk.
WHY on earth does it matter one iota???? Who cares.
What a waste of hot air and energies that could well be placed in the kingdom things which really MATTER!!! :eek:

Revelation 1:3 New International Version (NIV)
3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where I said it was.
7. The Last Trumpet.....
At the last trumpet, Jesus Christ Himself is going to return to this Earth! “The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord …” (Revelation 11:15). Jesus Christ is about to take over this world in crisis, rule it with a rod of iron and bring peace, joy, happiness and success to everybody on Earth. That is the kind of prosperity mankind really wants, but has never been able to achieve.

That is the 7th Trumpet

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodness...
What a waste of hot air and energies that could well be placed in the kingdom things which really MATTER!!! :eek:
It does matter Grace because the false messiah will appear first and rapture believers may be deceived into worshipping him.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodness...

Agreed. :) And it's a long ways off yet anyway, so entirely irrelevant to our present walk. But it sure does come up a lot, LoL.

Reactions: Jay Ross and Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does matter Grace because the false messiah will appear first and rapture believers may be deceived into worshipping him.

I agree, Heart2Soul, but as I was telling her, it's not coming soon anyway. Your point will become more valid when the Day of the Lord is actually on the horizon finally, but we are nowhere near that time yet.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:3 New International Version (NIV)
3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
What are you trying to declare with this verse? Because he is fixing to address the 7 churches.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Actually no, Teamventure. The reason the word ἀποστασία was interpreted as "desertion from one's faith" is because that is precisely the way it was used in NT Greek. Political deserters were referred to as "apostates." The only other NT use makes mention of "forsaking Moses," or in other words apostasizing from the law of Moses (Acts 21:21). If Paul had meant to communicate a simple "departure," there are several other words he could have used that would have meant this more specifically. And if he was trying to refer specifically to the rapture, he would more likely have used the words he usually used when referring to it (ἁρπάζω, 1 Thessalonians 4:17).

The argument that the word should be translated "departure" and interpreted to mean "the rapture" is a purely modern invention created to explain away the meaning of the original text, and bolster a false interpretation that isn't supported by the Greek.

Actually the teaching that apostasy in that particular passage means doctronial falling away is a modern invention.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, Heart2Soul, but as I was telling her, it's not coming soon anyway. Your point will become more valid when the Day of the Lord is actually on the horizon finally, but we are nowhere near that time yet.
I am most certain I will have died in the flesh...lol. because in 2030-2050 I will be such an old lady....:D

Reactions: Nancy

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Goodness...

For some reason it must matter because Satan has been attacking it for a long time.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are referencing things that happen after the Rapture.

The Last Trump is not the 7th Trumpet.

In the Trib verses there are zero Church references.

Not an opinion, fact.

Day of the Lord, Rapture,etc.
This link you provided is from another christiantalk forum.....have you studied Revelation? What and when is the harvest?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the teaching that apostasy in that particular passage means doctronial falling away is a modern invention.

The reference is to passages like Matthew 24:9-12, and not a reference to doctrinal apostasy but to those who cannot endure persecution apostatizing from the Lord (a different matter).

But I would be interested in your proofs of "doctrinal falling away" being a modern invention, if you have it. I don't agree with that interpretation either.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HELPS Word-studies
646 apostasía (from 868 /aphístēmi, "leave, depart," which is derived from 575 /apó, "away from" and 2476/histémi, "stand") – properly, departure (implying desertion); apostasy – literally, "a leaving, from a previous standing."

Teamventure, I'm well aware of its use in Classical and NT Greek, as well as in the LXX. Read my post again. It is based on far more than just some entry from a surface-treatment online Lexicon:
The reason the word ἀποστασία was interpreted as "desertion from one's faith" is because that is precisely the way it was used in NT Greek. Political deserters were referred to as "apostates." The only other NT use makes mention of "forsaking Moses," or in other words apostasizing from the law of Moses (Acts 21:21). If Paul had meant to communicate a simple "departure," there are several other words he could have used that would have meant this more specifically. And if he was trying to refer specifically to the rapture, he would more likely have used the words he usually used when referring to it (ἁρπάζω, 1 Thessalonians 4:17).

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
The reference is to passages like Matthew 24:9-12, and not a reference to doctrinal apostasy but to those who cannot endure persecution apostatizing from the Lord (a different matter).

But I would be interested in your proofs of "doctrinal falling away" being a modern invention, if you have it. I don't agree with that interpretation either.
Because in 2 Thess 2 if it's referring to a departure then it's not deferring to a doctrinal falling away.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because in 2 Thess 2 if it's referring to a departure then it's not deferring to a doctrinal falling away.

LoL. That was circular reasoning. :) Where did you get that the interpretation of it being a doctrinal falling away is a modern invention?

Reactions: Helen

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That studying prophecy is and has always been Biblical.

you are contradicting God's word.
Let me explain something....mister 1 verse hero of the bible....there were about 4 other scriptures that will complete the entire matter being addressed here....and if you care to seek the thoughts of Bible Theologians who have studied in depth the Word of God in its original Hebrew and Greek text then you might actually become a wise student. But all I see from you is what you choose to regurgitate from the one who taught you.
Zechariah spoke it well....
Zechariah 11:9
Then I said, "I will no longer shepherd you. Let the dying die, and the perishing perish; let the rest devour one another's flesh."