Binding of Satan - Explanation from Full Preterist Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charlie, what it is you are waiting for? What is your over all view of things?

And what I mean by this is will you simply share with me simply what it is you are expecting, as far as “end times” are you waiting it for Jesus to come back? I much rather a person just be straightforward and honest with their views and it cuts all the talk most of the time.

When someone says what they are looking for next to happen in God's timing according to the scripture, there are many, many things that must be explained. Skipping those things to be explained, I'm looking for the total redemption of my soul, spirit, and body.

That takes place at the resurrection. I'm looking for the rapture to take place at any time. That is what keeps me alert with the desire to do what is right in the sight of God and maintain my relationship with Christ. It could happen any time, and boom, I'm standing before the Almighty God. Or I could go through the grave at any moment, again, I am totally in the hands of the Living God.

I don't know when either if these things may happen, but I know I have to keep myself in the will of God when I face it.

Reactions: MatthewG

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe this is your overall view and I accept you as a human being and respect your views. What people believe is up to them. I believe that everything has been wrapped up and no one has to agree with me. I don’t really care, so lol… I’m not trying to be dismissive or try to mock or ridicule anyone, as I have done my best to be authentic and share what I beliefs freely with everyone.

Because I’m not afraid to share that I believe everything has been done and completed even despite opposition that says differently, if we cant love each other despite the difficulties and differences we aren’t being Christ-like to one another. You know what I mean friend?

Well, when you state something that another doesn't agree with, that leaves you with the burden of proof. That's what these boards are about, on the theology side.

Preterism is much like Universalism ( it seems you are into both), they have no scriptural foundation. I wish Waiting in him would have asked some more questions on his mission of proving preterism, he would have been shot down on all sides.

These are indeed false doctrines and neither can be explained in scripture with someone keeping them straight on the interpretation of scripture. But you are free to believe as you will, and I am free to challenge you.

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, when you state something that another doesn't agree with, that leaves you with the burden of proof. That's what these boards are about, on the theology side.

Preterism is much like Universalism ( it seems you are into both), they have no scriptural foundation. I wish Waiting in him would have asked some more questions on his mission of proving preterism, he would have been shot down on all sides.

These are indeed false doctrines and neither can be explained in scripture with someone keeping them straight on the interpretation of scripture. But you are free to believe as you will, and I am free to challenge you.

That is a problem though, if you don’t challenge yourself by what someone says to prove them wrong how can you grow?

Look my brother I love you, but I’m not coming at you and telling your beliefs are wrong, so let’s not point fingers like that. Also I don’t believe everyone is saved to the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem due to lack of faith, so that knocks out the whole “universalism thing”.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a problem though, if you don’t challenge yourself by what someone says to prove them wrong how can you grow?

Look my brother I love you, but I’m not coming at you and telling your beliefs are wrong, so let’s not point fingers like that. Also I don’t believe everyone is saved to the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem due to lack of faith, so that knocks out the whole “universalism thing”.

No, that's not the way it works, Matthew. I've already said that you are spreading false doctrine on these forums. The good buddy I love you thing is not going to cut it!

I read every one of your study threads and have not agreed with any of them, and I am far from being the only one. This is serious business whether you realize it or not. Some of this stuff you are posting can and will lead someone off the deep end of spiritual well being.

So, I will be around to challenge you on that stuff from time to time, and you feel free to challenge me anytime you like on what I believe.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is all everyone says to me.

"I am wrong." How can people know that I am wrong if they don't do the research themselves. It doesn't matter if you agree with what I have said or not, if you do not go and challenge your own self on the matters.

I can love a stranger. I can hate a stranger. I can go after the stranger and malign them if I choose to.

The Spirit is important, study important like you said.

So you can stand in your own confirmation biased if you choose to do so, from my own time and study I have come to believe that Jesus came in that day in age, however most people do not, because it challenges from their own "expected outcome."

Like yourself said the only reason you stay in faith is because of "the rapture could happen at any time", if that is the only reason you stay in faith, and it is not simply to love God and love others, what kind of faith is that but seemingly what sounds like fear of death.

I love you regardless, and hope the best for you, and all people here on the boards.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is all everyone says to me.

"I am wrong." How can people know that I am wrong if they don't do the research themselves. It doesn't matter if you agree with what I have said or not, if you do not go and challenge your own self on the matters.

I can love a stranger. I can hate a stranger. I can go after the stranger and malign them if I choose to.

The Spirit is important, study important like you said.

So you can stand in your own confirmation biased if you choose to do so, from my own time and study I have come to believe that Jesus came in that day in age, however most people do not, because it challenges from their own "expected outcome."

Like yourself said the only reason you stay in faith is because of "the rapture could happen at any time", if that is the only reason you stay in faith, and it is not simply to love God and love others, what kind of faith is that but seemingly what sounds like fear of death.

I love you regardless, and hope the best for you, and all people here on the boards.

Matthew, part of what is going on here is learning what folks believe. So when you have a conversation later you will know who and what you are dealing with. That comes from reading post after post and tagging the name to those posts.

You have taken what I said about what I'm looking for next to happen and said that is the only reason I stay in the faith. If you read my posts you would know that is not true, it's what you took from that one post and judged my entire faith on it.

That's ok though because I could have worded that better than what I did, so I take the hit on that one.

You're a difficult person to deal with, on the one hand you appear to be a young man and no one wants to break your enthusiasm for the Lord, on the other hand, you keep posting the work of someone else not knowing it's garbage.

So what do we do, keep saying "you are wrong" over and over? Until finally you give up with the Lord altogether?

No one wants that for you! My suggestion is that you study other threads instead of creating threads so often that draw so much criticism or people just ignore.

I'm not trying to put you down, Matthew, I'm trying to give you a new approach to learn from the experience of others here. See what they believe and why, ask questions, get involved in learning from them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is fine,

The only way to really learn something is to study it out for oneself, and that is the biggest encouragement that can be given from me personally.

To study the word of God, and learn about it for yourself and build oneself up spiritually. The Flesh is always going to desire comfort, but the spirit is always desirous of learning more and those who do not study often or read the word often (some people can not read and they have to learn from others), are not as well built up, spiritually.

Spiritual building, is like weight lifting. You are going to be tired from doing it at first, however if you are really desiring to know more about the word of God and really wanna learn you will have to put yourself to the test.

As they say "No pain - No Gain", right? And for the flesh to die, that is painful.

Romans 8:13-14.

Prayer to ask God to help you, and a desire to wanna learn is always going to have to be the drive, and that is the only encouragement I can really give to others.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is fine,

The only way to really learn something is to study it out for oneself, and that is the biggest encouragement that can be given from me personally.

To study the word of God, and learn about it for yourself and build oneself up spiritually. The Flesh is always going to desire comfort, but the spirit is always desirous of learning more and those who do not study often or read the word often (some people can not read and they have to learn from others), are not as well built up, spiritually.

Spiritual building, is like weight lifting. You are going to be tired from doing it at first, however if you are really desiring to know more about the word of God and really wanna learn you will have to put yourself to the test.

As they say "No pain - No Gain", right? And for the flesh to die, that is painful.

Romans 8:13-14.

Prayer to ask God to help you, and a desire to wanna learn is always going to have to be the drive, and that is the only encouragement I can really give to others.

I'll just say this and let it go for now. You're neck deep in false doctrine, you need help, Matthew.

You really should stop isolating yourself in those new threads you are posting and get involved with the people here and see what they believe and why! Just a suggestion, that's all.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Message me on private message anytime you would like to my brother. People can share what they believe just fine when they post, in which we all share and make apparent our beliefs from having been here for maybe a year or so.

As stated prior, in post number 107, nothing better I can do than to encourage people to read the word and actually study it. I don't care how old a person is. It is one of the most beneficial things a person can do but the flesh hates it... it doesn't like it at all.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Message me on private message anytime you would like to my brother. People can share what they believe just fine when they post, in which we all share and make apparent our beliefs from having been here for maybe a year or so.

As stated prior, in post number 107, nothing better I can do than to encourage people to read the word and actually study it. I don't care how old a person is. It is one of the most beneficial things a person can do but the flesh hates it... it doesn't like it at all.

But we need to ground ourselves in the truth of scripture. We all have needed help with that.

Still after all these years of studying the scripture, I will read a post and the light bulb effect happens.

Someone will say something and have no idea they have just handed me a piece of the puzzle.

We never stop learning, but we must take heed on what we are learning, it must originate from scripture, not theories.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you believe those Chapters are in the future for?
The events have not happened, except for the four horsemen, who are likely out of the barn roaming around - I suspect.
When we start seeing 25% of the population dying within a few years time, you'll know something is up. A normal world annual death count is around 60 million. So when you see billions die from pestilence, famine and wars, that is something that never happened before. There are some catastrophic events in Revelation: a worldwide quake that levels everything, 1/3 of the planet on fire possibly from a (nuclear)war in the Middle East, demon locusts torturing mankind for five months, super volcanic eruptions, massive tsunamis that wipe out 1/3 of the sea vessels. You must read Revelation taking most of it literally. Symbolism is usually explained like "a dragon with seven heads and ten horns", or "Babylon, the whore".

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you believe those Chapters are in the future for?

What a miserable life the preterist must live! The lively hope of the resurrection that Peter spoke of is no more.

That is the destruction of faith! There is a price to pay for teaching this heresy.

2 Tim. 2:16-18

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a miserable life the preterist must live! The lively hope of the resurrection that Peter spoke of is no more.

That is the destruction of faith! There is a price to pay for teaching this heresy.

2 Tim. 2:16-18

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some."

Just to be clear I don’t know everything about pretrist theology. Only a little bit, I’m more of a fulfillment Guy and believe wholly that people when they die today they are resurrected. There are two resurrection spoken of John 5:29 and John talks about there being two places where faithful live and faithless seems to live Revelation 22:15 the kingdom of God will never stop increasing and people come into it by faith.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to be clear I don’t know everything about pretrist theology. Only a little bit, I’m more of a fulfillment Guy and believe wholly that people when they die today they are resurrected. There are two resurrection spoken of John 5:29 and John talks about there being two places where faithful live and faithless seems to live Revelation 22:15 the kingdom of God will never stop increasing and people come into it by faith.

Well you better figure out what you believe and what want you spread around!

So you are a moderate preterist?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a person who believes all things have been fulfilled in Christ, and there is only one thing that is left that is constantly always still going on, people entering in to the Kingdom of God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that people live their lives in choice to build up their spiritual body now here, or spend their life seeking after the fleshly (comforts) rather than the comfort comes from the spiritual.

I believe when we die we are all resurrected spiritually (Paul talks about this clearly throughout the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 15), some people won't be able to go into the Kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem due to faithlessness, and some people will by faith in the Lord Yeshua who makes people right with God according to Romans 5:1-5; and then you have everything else that flows afterward, @Charlie24.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a book, ref=asc_df_1453873740

I tend to share it as if someone is curious enough to buy it challenge it, you'll probably change your beliefs about the "Return of Christ" with biblical sound evidence through-out it.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a person who believes all things have been fulfilled in Christ, and there is only one thing that is left that is constantly always still going on, people entering in to the Kingdom of God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that people live their lives in choice to build up their spiritual body now here, or spend their life seeking after the fleshly (comforts) rather than the comfort comes from the spiritual.

I believe when we die we are all resurrected spiritually (Paul talks about this clearly throughout the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 15), some people won't be able to go into the Kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem due to faithlessness, and some people will by faith in the Lord Yeshua who makes people right with God according to Romans 5:1-5; and then you have everything else that flows afterward, @Charlie24.

Biblical resurrection is when the soul and spirit of man reunites with the physical body.

In 1 Cor. 15 Paul is peaking of the resurrection of Christ. The soul and spirit reuniting with the body.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a book, ref=asc_df_1453873740

I tend to share it as if someone is curious enough to buy it challenge it, you'll probably change your beliefs about the "Return of Christ" with biblical sound evidence through-out it.

I know Christ has not returned! I don't have to read that book, they will spiritualize His coming when the scripture plainly portrays a literal coming of Christ.