Bishop urges Christians to call God 'Allah'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
I don't consider Catholics christians because of their blatant paganism under the guise of veneration for saints.With Catholics feeling the need to appease terrorist and terrorist sympathizers this kind of thinking can possibly spread to real christians.I believe this Bishop is dead wrong,God most likely does care what we call him.I don't think God would be pleased with us calling him the name of pagan deity,especially when it is done for appeasement. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticle...ticle57178.html
Bishop urges Christians to call God 'Allah'Catholic leader believes it would help ease tensions between religionsCatholic churches in the Netherlands should use the name Allah for God to ease tensions between Muslims and Christians, says a Dutch bishop.Tiny Muskens, the bishop of Breda, told the Dutch TV program "Network" Monday night he believes God doesn't mind what he is called, Radio Netherlands Worldwide reported.The Almighty is above such "discussion and bickering," he insisted.Muskens points to Indonesia, where he served 30 years ago, as an example for Dutch churches. Christians in the Middle East also use the term Allah for God.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well gee, I'm glad to know that a man can think for and answer God without any reference to the Word. Father gave us his name, and it is not Allah. I'm sure he'd like to be called Allah about as much as he'd like to be called Baal or Asherah.Exodus 3:14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.Stuff like this enrages me because of how they treat our father, but something like this will be dealt with because when you bow down to a god called Allah, it's not YHVH. Note that God never said "Moses, make up a name, call me what you like."I AM THAT I AM. He is the one true God.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Wowzers...this is really sad world...Christians and more Christians will from time to time fall into lies. I agree with Denver that God never intended anyone to make up a name for Him. HE IS WHAT HE IS. (I AM THAT I AM) All we could do is pray.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Maybe Allah is the false Christ. Even if they call it their God.
wink.gif
I don't know if you guys know this, but Islam is Catholic made.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(jamesrage;15066)
I don't consider Catholics christians because of their blatant paganism under the guise of veneration for saints.With Catholics feeling the need to appease terrorist and terrorist sympathizers this kind of thinking can possibly spread to real christians.I believe this Bishop is dead wrong,God most likely does care what we call him.I don't think God would be pleased with us calling him the name of pagan deity,especially when it is done for appeasement. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticle...ticle57178.html
Perhaps someone should introduce the bishop to God. I am sure he would change more than his mind. I get really annoyed when I hear men speak such utter tripe. How can anyone who knows the Lord God suggest such a dumb thing? It shows that they do not believe that their faith in God is anything more than a power tool to rule men. Boy are they in for a shock and rude awakening when Christ returns.:naughty:

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
You know what bugs me more than the theology of all this? We're expected to adopt Allah, but go over to those lands and try Jesus or Jehovah or other names in the bible and see how far one gets. There would be cries of intolerance. But we should do here what is unthought of over there? (And we're supposed to be the intolerant ones?)If some heads get any narrower, they would slip thru the cracks of a door. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I'm not sure what is.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
This is actually almost unbelieveable, I certainly hope this Bishop doesn't speak for much of that church.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Any religion that compromises with pagans is not a Christian religion. Any person who does so is also not a Christian. Jesus never compromised, and neither did all those who gave their lives for Him. I don't serve a man-made god named Allah; I serve the true God Who calls Himself I AM.