Blockers..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
David please stop...if you don't agree with me then ignore me and go talk to someone who does...

Agree.
After all , this is your thread...but then..he is just proving that what you said in the OP is indeed true!!! :D

Try just putting him on IGNORE then all his posts will be blanked out and your life will be brighter . At this moment I have quite a few on "Ignore"..it is just like they have vanished! And the Site is a much nicer and kinder place to be. :)

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree.
After all , this is your thread...but then..he is just proving that what you said in the OP is indeed true!!! :D

Try just putting him on IGNORE then all his posts will be blanked out and your life will be brighter . At this moment I have quite a few on "Ignore"..it is just like they have vanished! And the Site is a much nicer and kinder place to be. :)
Helen, the OP is full of error from the start. It ignores the realities of Scripture and speaks to speaking on feelings and your own wisdom. That is often at odds to the truth.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Helen, the OP is full of error from the start. It ignores the realities of Scripture and speaks to speaking on feelings and your own wisdom. That is often at odds to the truth.
all OP are full of ERRORS, that's nothing new. but bare with one another and look for the good in each post.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Willie T and Helen

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all OP are full of ERRORS, that's nothing new. but bare with one another and look for the good in each post.

PICJAG.
Here is the good in the OP

when someone comes in and speaks the true words of God in a thread, there goes the next one trying to stop the truth from being heard

This is true. Unfortunately, the OP is one of those who stops truth from being heard because they want an emotional Gospel only and not truth. They don't want the full Scripture. They want to do it their way in "the name of the Spirit" despite the fact that the spirit they are listening to is not the Holy Spirit because it goes against Scripture.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post makes no sense. Again, you speak out of emotion and not a clear mind. Go home and study.
I have 12 years of either being enrolled in or auditing Bible Classes. I can hold my own with most anyone. I also practiced Martial Arts steadily for 8 years, three of which were playing Judo at a very advanced level. At 74, I can still defeat most lesser-trained younger men.

But, I don't do either. I could, but I don't. I don't need to prove I know more Bible than someone just trying to read it. Nor do I need to show some kid he needs to learn more before he enters a ring with me.

What is gained by kicking the Hell out of someone you already know you can best? Do we need it to feel good about ourselves.

If anything, we should be helping less adept people, not beating our chests that we have a bit more aptitude or ability.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the good in the OP

This is true. Unfortunately, the OP is one of those who stops truth from being heard because they want an emotional Gospel only and not truth. They don't want the full Scripture. They want to do it their way in "the name of the Spirit" despite the fact that the spirit they are listening to is not the Holy Spirit because it goes against Scripture.
Dave, Dave, leave Helen and Jennifer alone and reason with me on the topic "Study the Bible for Truth's Sake".

thanks ok.
PICJAG.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

PICJAG.

The greatest point 'to me' that was brought out in the OP was what I have said a few times myself...those which exude a Pharisaical spirit rather than the Spirit of God...are indeed blockers to many of the good things of God...and paint a dark, brooding God who is just waiting to slam people who step out of line ( according to their doctrine)

They don't want to enter into the things of the Spirit or the kingdom now...but hinder those who desire to.
That to me was the kernel of the OP.

But I know we often read things differently , depending on which side of the 'room' we are standing . :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone is going to actively deny the truth, and claim the truth is a lie, I will not back off of that. If they attack the truth I will not back off of that. They will be rebuked.
And what is the specific word written that expresses how we are to restore them?
Hint: It begins with GENT, and ends with LY.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dave, Dave, leaven Helen and Jennifer alone and reason with me on the topic "Study the Bible for Truth's Sake".

thanks ok.
PICJAG.

Thank you...:)
...don't worry about me..I can't see his posts any more .. as I have him and a few others on Ignore. :)

Hugs ...H

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have 12 years of either being enrolled in or auditing Bible Classes. I can hold my own with most anyone. I also practiced Martial Arts steadily for 8 years, three of which were playing Judo at a very advanced level. At 74, I can still defeat most lesser-trained younger men.

But, I don't do either. I could, but I don't. I don't need to prove I know more Bible than someone just trying to read it. Nor do I need to show some kid he needs to learn more before he enters a ring with me.

What is gained by kicking the Hell out of someone you already know you can best? Do we need it to feel good about ourselves.

If anything, we should be helping less adept people, not beating our chests that we have a bit more aptitude or ability.
Ah, now I understand. You misunderstand why I do this. If this were a one-on-one conversation, a mentoring scenario, I would agree with you. however, these falsehoods being presented are here for anyone to see and find and must be corrected. So, despite what you may think, I am not doing it to beat her down. Nor am I doing it to "feel good" about myself. I am doing it because truth matters.

If someone is just trying to read Scripture they should read it. They shouldn't come and try to rebuke others with their false teachings when they clearly are not grounded in the Scriptures themselves. They should continue study. They should seek counsel. But they should not just spout off whatever they feel and say this is absolute truth because they feel that is what the spirit told them. We are to test the spirits against Scripture.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus didn’t know theology? What was He doing when He was preaching? Giving them theology.
Jesus was teaching them teh truth, not preaching Theology, that is mans way of trying to prove His worth, look God i read a book and figured you out, knowledge puffeth up. the evidence is all over this forum.