Blood In The Water

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blood in the Water

To some Christian fundamentalists, the oil plume in the Gulf of Mexico heralds the apocalypse.
1275678872424.jpg
Win McNamee / Getty Images A growing conversation among Christian fundamentalists asks the question that may have been inevitable: is the oil spill in the gulf a sign of the coming apocalypse?...

http://www.newsweek-interactive.net/2010/06/04/blood-in-the-water.html?from=rss

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
That is what I thought back when there was the oil spill and I read revalations.. I would'nt doubt it because we are definately in the last days.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I think it's sensationalists trying to find prophetic meaning under every rock, bush, or tree.

If you take this as prophetic meaning you must also take everything prior to it in Revelation as fulfilled.

Hail and fired mixed with blood thrown upon the earth??? That's the first trumpet, the one right before the second trumpet.

For some reason I'm guessing these whackos wouldn't claim that one.

Additionally the ACTUAL prophecy of the second trumpet says "something like a great mountain" was THROWN into the sea, a THIRD of the sea turned to BLOOD, a THIRD of the animals died, and a THIRD of the ships were destroyed.

For some reason I'm guessing these whackos would never admit to all of that. Calling oil blood is ignorant anyway.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Blood in the Water

To some Christian fundamentalists, the oil plume in the Gulf of Mexico heralds the apocalypse.
1275678872424.jpg
Win McNamee / Getty Images A growing conversation among Christian fundamentalists asks the question that may have been inevitable: is the oil spill in the gulf a sign of the coming apocalypse?...

http://www.newsweek-...r.html?from=rss

Oil Gulf of Mexico herald the apocalypse? No. There are prophecies that have to come before that first. For starters: the resurrection of the Roman Empire is not here yet. Read the book of Daniel and you will see that the last world ruling Empire just before Jesus' return will be the an Empire that is symbolically represented as the feet that is mixed with iron and clay.....it’s the Roman Empire. Jesus was born when the Roman Empire ruled the world and it will rise again, but this time it will be far more terrible.