Boycott the NFL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
That there is any inequality is not proven. That is what blacks are complaining about. And, they will always complain about it. It makes hay. No one said you couldn't protest. Yall do it all the time. Black lives matter, etc. etc. etc.

They disrespected the country, flag, and anthem when they refuse to stand as it is acknowledged.

Don't try and lie now and say they had no intention of disrespecting the flag. They most certainly did. That was the protest.

Stranger

Decades of research have shown that the criminal courts sentence black defendants more harshly than whites. But a striking new investigation of sentencing disparities in Florida by The Sarasota Herald-Tribuneexpands our understanding of this problem in two important ways.

It exposes the fact that African-American defendants get more time behind bars — sometimes twice the prison terms of whites with identical criminal histories — when they commit the same crimes under identical circumstances. It also shows how bias on the part of individual judges and prosecutors drives sentencing inequity.

The Florida Legislature has been wrestling with this issue for decades. In the 1980s, for example, it tried to change sentencing policies that varied widely from place to place by creating sentencing guidelines. Today, prosecutors assign defendants points — based on the seriousness of their crime, the circumstances of their arrest and whether or not they have prior convictions — to determine the minimum sentence required by law.

Opinion | Unequal Sentences for Blacks and Whites

Try again

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
Kap

I have just as much right 2 sit as you have 2 stand

Trump's speech and subsequent series of tweets, and a retweet of a photo of former NFL player and Army Ranger Pat Tillman, set off a flurry of similar posts on social media and beyond, many of which suggested that those who kneel during the anthem don't respect veterans.

On Sunday, NFL players across the league took part in the protests against racial injustice by taking a knee, locking arms or staying inside the locker rooms.

Tillman's widow, Marie, told CNN that her husband would have supported NFL players who chose to kneel.

"The very action of self expression and the freedom to speak from one's heart — no matter those views — is what Pat and so many other Americans have given their lives for. Even if they didn't always agree with those views," she told CNN.

Many veterans hold that same opinion, but others do not. It's often complicated.

"Personally, I'm not offended by it," said Master Sgt. Pete Mayes, who is soon retiring after a 20-year career in the Army that's taken him from Washington, D.C., to Fort Campbell to Hawaii and Afghanistan.

"What I do believe is that our personal beliefs do not and should not supersede our professional duty and obligation to defend the Constitution of the United States," Mayes added.

Like I said it's your opinion why you mad at mine?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah, lots or research. One can find those who do research with opposite conclusions. Statistics are another way of lying.

You say you have just as much right to sit as I do to stand. Yes, you do. I have just as much right to protest your disrespectfulness to the flag. And I do. And will.

It is not Trumps speech that started this. It is blacks. Why do blacks never want to take responsibility for their actions unless those actions are well received. It is not Trumps fault that yall chose to disrespect the flag. It is yours. Just got to blame whitey. Holden the black man down. It's a Russian plot. Grow up.

You go ahead and follow Kpernick and the black protest. Don't try and weasel out and say what you do is someone else's fault.

As I said, blacks have polluted the waters of the NFL and it is no longer fit to partake of.

Stranger

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a black man,I must voice my feelings,as a man of God,I know for a fact all will end well.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

We cannot see all of the good as the children of Israel in Egypt could see no relief from their burdens a slaves. At the end of their 400+ years just before God used Moses to bring them out how many suffered and died seemingly to them, for no good reason? Is there a new Moses today for those who are suffering without good cause? I shouldn't expect it, but I also do not know all the mind of God.

I grew up in a small town in California not knowing any black people at all, but years later [1976] it was the witness of a black family that drew my wife and me to God by living day to day for Him in a manner I have never yet seen surpassed by anyone else of any race. This is the kind of witness that all of the world needs today...

May God help you to make all of the right decisions on this issue!

Reactions: n2thelight

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is nice to see that the nation is paying attention - finally found our currency - football

Reactions: Job

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is nice to see that the nation is paying attention - finally found our currency - football

Oh yeah, the nation is paying attention. And your use of the NFL as currency to promote your black racism will self destruct. But, it will probably destroy the NFL also. Houses are cheap in Detroit.

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Oh yeah, lots or research. One can find those who do research with opposite conclusions. Statistics are another way of lying.

You say you have just as much right to sit as I do to stand. Yes, you do. I have just as much right to protest your disrespectfulness to the flag. And I do. And will.

It is not Trumps speech that started this. It is blacks. Why do blacks never want to take responsibility for their actions unless those actions are well received. It is not Trumps fault that yall chose to disrespect the flag. It is yours. Just got to blame whitey. Holden the black man down. It's a Russian plot. Grow up.

You go ahead and follow Kpernick and the black protest. Don't try and weasel out and say what you do is someone else's fault.

As I said, blacks have polluted the waters of the NFL and it is no longer fit to partake of.

Stranger

Then don't partake,I never once brought up Trump ,and it's not just blacks that didn't stand.
I go by character ,not skin color,I see that you don't...

Reactions: amadeus

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Oh yeah, the nation is paying attention. And your use of the NFL as currency to promote your black racism will self destruct. But, it will probably destroy the NFL also. Houses are cheap in Detroit.

Stranger

And you use your white privilage to do what you want,please!!!!!!!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Directed at stranger,don't know where you stand.
But to answer no justice

White privilege is white privilege, what does it matter where I stand.

I don't understand your answer "no justice".

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
White Privilege is a set of advantages and/or immunities that white people benefit from on a daily basis beyond those common to all others.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
White Privilege is a set of advantages and/or immunities that white people benefit from on a daily basis beyond those common to all others.

White privilege is a fallacy. The only place it exists is in the mind of the black man. There's nothing I can do that you can't.

What privileges do whites have that you don't?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
So there it is - 4 all 2 c
Now what's beyond u and me
Depends my friends primarily
On how u view ur role in Eternity

I'm done.......

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then don't partake,I never once brought up Trump ,and it's not just blacks that didn't stand.
I go by character ,not skin color,I see that you don't...

You never brought up Trump? See post #122. Sure.

You never go by skin color? See posts #141, 136, 131. Sure.

There are always plenty of stupid whites who like to identify with black protest cause it makes them feel and look so good. But in the NFL the players are also made to feel if they don't take a knee then they are destroying the unity of the team.

I have no problem being a racist. I like my race. I have a problem with blacks who pretend they are not racists and they are the most racist people of all.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Directed at stranger,don't know where you stand.
But to answer no justice

No justice? And here OJ is getting out of prison. I wonder why the NFL players aren't disrespecting the flag over that? Oh, I know, cause he is black and a former NFL player.

Why is the NFL unequally black? Where is the equality? The justice? Oh, I see, unequal is acceptable if it favors the black race.

No justice. Whitey just holden ta black man down....sure.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there it is - 4 all 2 c
Now what's beyond u and me
Depends my friends primarily
On how u view ur role in Eternity

I'm done.......

For all to see. You act as if I said something I should be ashamed of. Your unwillingness to address the issue tells me I'm right about the white privilege fallacy. You can't answer my question because you know white privilege doesn't exist.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Like a thief in the night
My Lord come and strike
Leave nothing but ashes to the left, dust 2 the right
Holocaust aside, many lived and died
But when all truth is told
Would u rather b dead or b sold?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Mirror, mirror what u see?
Have I still got those dark clouds over me?
Or am I really feeling what I feel? The last days of the Devil's Deal
Mirror, what u see?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
U might say, "what u mad about?"
But u still got ur Family Name
Pleased 2 meet u, Mr. Pearlman
U can call me Clay. Can I play?

People, people what's ur name?
Maybe we should start all over
Let everybody get in the game