Boycott the NFL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The message that the players are trying to send has been misconstrued. Some have said that the players are attempting to disrespect the country, national anthem, flag, and military by taking a knee — that is incorrect. Part of the confusion came from initial misunderstanding, and it grew when Trump spoke at his rally in Alabama.

The players are simply protesting systemic oppression against people of color, police brutality, and the criminal justice system. The national anthem is just the vehicle for the protest.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so,your opinion I can take but to say that you are right I can't.

And the veterans that don't agree with you?

What do I care if one is a veteran who disrespects the flag or national anthem. Just makes him guilty.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The message that the players are trying to send has been misconstrued. Some have said that the players are attempting to disrespect the country, national anthem, flag, and military by taking a knee — that is incorrect. Part of the confusion came from initial misunderstanding, and it grew when Trump spoke at his rally in Alabama.

The players are simply protesting systemic oppression against people of color, police brutality, and the criminal justice system. The national anthem is just the vehicle for the protest.

No, the message is understood perfectly. They are disrespecting the flag, anthem, country, in order to send their message. No misunderstanding. Now you want to blame it all on Trump. It must be Trumps fault. Thus it must be conservatives fault. Thus it must be white peoples fault. Thus it must be another of the same old story. The white man just wont' let the black man free. Holden me down. Sure.

Blacks wanted to protest the flag, country, and anthem, but now when some resistance comes, it is someone else's fault. Not theirs. Typical.

Blacks have polluted the NFL with this and made the NFL odious to watch. So, I won't.

Stranger

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Black soldiers had to give up their seats to Nazi pow's,who's right did we fight for??????????????

The fact that we DIED for this country 2 still treat us bad,please!!!!!!!!

well its media that would encourage this to be a race issue but it isn't. this in your face hear what I think and want in every aspect of media is gone over the top. also the football players and the rest are self important primadonnas that react to what a politician says like a pack of divas. which has nothing to do with what you want it to be about, race. the mans opinion was about what constitutes reason to fire the player, no race there.

the public ether pays for, or watches, which pays for the player's millions, the public has the right to express its opinion also, which the divas think shouldn't be.

anyway hears more media lies I just heard on the news, Russian trolls on social media are now to blame for the promotion of boycotting the nfl, no joke I heard it myself just a few minutes ago. hence th3e wicked will do what the wicked do, they can't help themselves. like science has "think" tanks they must have "best liar" tanks

thing is, if you are a Christian and believe that truth and righteousness should prevail, how can you side with a group that spews any lie they can to justify their basically flipping the bird at the public and the nation. boycotting is a constructional right, just as refusing to show the country respect for its flag and anthem. and if that's the way you feel about making millions from the benefits of being in this country then maybe you should do that some where else, maybe in Russia, the media keeps telling use they don't like use either.

and to those that continue to give that religious self-righteous behavior horse dump. there is no sin in standing against liars and deceivers that deceive millions of people for there own purposes.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Black soldiers had to give up their seats to Nazi pow's,who's right did we fight for??????????????

The fact that we DIED for this country 2 still treat us bad,please!!!!!!!!
The two are not related. All who died, died for all. The world is not perfect. You making this a racial thing does not help, it makes it worse.

If you want your injustice to be heard and changed, don't mix the issues: If blacks had to give up their seats to Nazi pow's, then keep it at that, and do not assume the whole country and the whole war is about your personal injustice. It was bigger than that. Same thing now with the flag, it's bigger than that, and you/they are dis'ing many who have nothing to do with your injustice issue. You should be collecting friends, not making more enemies. There are way more by far who would gladly help, than those few who are actually racist...but not if you spit in our face.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What war did we fight 2 end slavery?
Actually, no war was fought just to end slavery.

The actual legal end to slavery came about during and as a result of the civil war, but that was only one issue and not necessarily the main one. But anyone paying attention would understand that while slavery may have ended a type of second class citizenship remained.

I don't know all of the history, but I know that some progress toward ending second class citizenship occurred with people like Jesse Owens, Joe Lewis and Jackie Robinson... but that was a very long time after the end of the civil war and it was only a very small dent at best.

Still it continued. In the 1960's in particular with Martin Luther King Jr. came a lot more progress, but the problem has always been what is in the hearts and minds of people.

Good laws have been passed and good court decisions have been made to improve the situation, but laws and court decisions are not enough for those who have continued in places to be treated as second class citizens. Some bad laws and bad court decisions have been in the mix.

People want instant action to fix things and make them like they should be [and disagree sometimes hotly on what that is] and all of us know that that is unlikely to occur. We, as you clearly see, cannot even agree what the right way to fix is. Some extremists don't even want to fix things, or they have a different definition for fixing them from that of the majority on all sides of the issue.

So what do we want? What do you want?

Most people certain do not want another bloody civil war. Just the blood spilled as it is, is already too much.

I know my solution, which I believe I have made clear on earlier posts on this thread, but I also know that too many people, likely most people, on both sides would not seriously go for my solution, which is God's.

In my way there could be no compromise, but for people who really are unwilling to give it all to God, compromise has to be the way if war is not desired. It doesn't give the immediate relief that you might wish to see, but everyone is not on your side, are they?

You do have my prayers. Hopefully you and yours are praying as well.

Reactions: n2thelight

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
No, the message is understood perfectly. They are disrespecting the flag, anthem, country, in order to send their message. No misunderstanding. Now you want to blame it all on Trump. It must be Trumps fault. Thus it must be conservatives fault. Thus it must be white peoples fault. Thus it must be another of the same old story. The white man just wont' let the black man free. Holden me down. Sure.

Blacks wanted to protest the flag, country, and anthem, but now when some resistance comes, it is someone else's fault. Not theirs. Typical.

Blacks have polluted the NFL with this and made the NFL odious to watch. So, I won't.

Stranger

How are they disrespecting the flag?So we can't protest the inequality .When did we ever say we were protesting the flag,we fought and died, just like you did.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a good question

Wasn't killed by cops 4 no reason either,soooo should I say nothing?

It's just a question.

Giving up a seat in the 40s has nothing to do with what's going on today. The same can be said about slavery and Jim Crow laws. They no longer exist. Granted, racism does exist in this country, but it's not all the white mans fault. Blacks have to share some of the responsibility for the hatred that exists between the races. Do you not agree?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
It's just a question.

Giving up a seat in the 40s has nothing to do with what's going on today. The same can be said about slavery and Jim Crow laws. They no longer exist. Granted, racism does exist in this country, but it's not all the white mans fault. Blacks have to share some of the responsibility for the hatred that exists between the races. Do you not agree?

Yes we do have to share in that,it's just that we always seem to not get justice,which takes us back to those times of the 40's when an all white jury would find whites innocent of a crime that everybody and their mother knew they did....

We get more time for the exact same crime

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we do have to share in that,it's just that we always seem to not get justice,which takes us back to those times of the 40's when an all white jury would find whites innocent of a crime that everybody and their mother knew they did....

We get more time for the exact same crime

Isn't justice putting the criminals behind bars?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the point,the criminal cops are not behind bars,they walk....

I understand and agree with you there, but disrupting the entire NFL and causing it to lose 10s of millions of dollars is not the solution. Most people don't even know what the players are protesting.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are they disrespecting the flag?So we can't protest the inequality .When did we ever say we were protesting the flag,we fought and died, just like you did.

That there is any inequality is not proven. That is what blacks are complaining about. And, they will always complain about it. It makes hay. No one said you couldn't protest. Yall do it all the time. Black lives matter, etc. etc. etc.

They disrespected the country, flag, and anthem when they refuse to stand as it is acknowledged.

Don't try and lie now and say they had no intention of disrespecting the flag. They most certainly did. That was the protest. And it worked. It got a response. I and many others will boycott the NFL any way I can.

As I said, blacks have polluted the waters of the NFL. It is not fit to partake of anymore.

Stranger