Boycott the NFL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like a thief in the night
My Lord come and strike
Leave nothing but ashes to the left, dust 2 the right
Holocaust aside, many lived and died
But when all truth is told
Would u rather b dead or b sold?

There hasn't been slavery in this country for over 150 years. You were never a slave. Your parents and grandparents were never slaves either.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Racial Disparities in Sentencing in the United States There are significant racial disparities in sentencing decisions in the United States.1 Sentences imposed on Black males in the federal system are nearly 20 percent longer than those imposed on white males convicted of similar crimes.2 Black and Latino offenders sentenced in state and federal courts face significantly greater odds of incarceration than similarly situated white offenders and receive longer sentences than their white counterparts in some jurisdictions.3 Black male federal defendants receive longer sentences than whites arrested for the same offenses and with comparable criminal histories.4 Research has also shown that race plays a significant role in the determination of which homicide cases result in death sentences.5

The racial disparities increase with the severity of the sentence imposed. The level of disproportionate representation of Blacks among prisoners who are serving life sentences without the possibility of parole (LWOP) is higher than that among parole-eligible prisoners serving life sentences. The disparity is even higher for juvenile offenders sentenced to LWOP, and higher still among prisoners sentenced to LWOP for nonviolent offenses. Although Blacks constitute only about 13 percent of the U.S. population, as of 2009, Blacks constitute 28.3 percent of all lifers, 56.4 percent of those serving LWOP, and 56.1 percent of those who received LWOP for offenses committed as a juvenile.6 As of 2012, the ACLU’s research shows that 65.4 percent of prisoners serving LWOP for nonviolent offenses are Black.7 The racial disparities are even worse in some states.

In 13 states and the federal system, the percentage of Blacks serving life sentences is over 60 percent.8 In Georgia and Louisiana, the proportion of Blacks serving LWOP sentences is as high as 73.9 and 73.3 percent, respectively.9 In the federal system, 71.3 percent of the 1,230 LWOP prisoners are Black.10 These racial disparities result from disparate treatment of Blacks at every stage of the criminal justice system, including stops and searches, arrests, prosecutions and plea negotiations, trials, and sentencing.11 Race matters at all phases and aspects of the criminal process, including the quality of representation, the charging phase, and the availability of plea agreements, each of which impact whether juvenile and adult defendants face a potential LWOP sentence. In addition, racial disparities in sentencing can result from theoretically “race neutral” sentencing policies that have significant disparate racial effects, particularly in the cases of habitual offender laws and many drug policies, including mandatory minimums, school zone drug enhancements, and federal policies adopted by Congress in 1986 and 1996 that at the time established a 100-toone sentencing disparity between crack and powder cocaine offenses.12

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Racial Disparities in Sentencing in the United States There are significant racial disparities in sentencing decisions in the United States.1 Sentences imposed on Black males in the federal system are nearly 20 percent longer than those imposed on white males convicted of similar crimes.2 Black and Latino offenders sentenced in state and federal courts face significantly greater odds of incarceration than similarly situated white offenders and receive longer sentences than their white counterparts in some jurisdictions.3 Black male federal defendants receive longer sentences than whites arrested for the same offenses and with comparable criminal histories.4 Research has also shown that race plays a significant role in the determination of which homicide cases result in death sentences.5

The racial disparities increase with the severity of the sentence imposed. The level of disproportionate representation of Blacks among prisoners who are serving life sentences without the possibility of parole (LWOP) is higher than that among parole-eligible prisoners serving life sentences. The disparity is even higher for juvenile offenders sentenced to LWOP, and higher still among prisoners sentenced to LWOP for nonviolent offenses. Although Blacks constitute only about 13 percent of the U.S. population, as of 2009, Blacks constitute 28.3 percent of all lifers, 56.4 percent of those serving LWOP, and 56.1 percent of those who received LWOP for offenses committed as a juvenile.6 As of 2012, the ACLU’s research shows that 65.4 percent of prisoners serving LWOP for nonviolent offenses are Black.7 The racial disparities are even worse in some states.

In 13 states and the federal system, the percentage of Blacks serving life sentences is over 60 percent.8 In Georgia and Louisiana, the proportion of Blacks serving LWOP sentences is as high as 73.9 and 73.3 percent, respectively.9 In the federal system, 71.3 percent of the 1,230 LWOP prisoners are Black.10 These racial disparities result from disparate treatment of Blacks at every stage of the criminal justice system, including stops and searches, arrests, prosecutions and plea negotiations, trials, and sentencing.11 Race matters at all phases and aspects of the criminal process, including the quality of representation, the charging phase, and the availability of plea agreements, each of which impact whether juvenile and adult defendants face a potential LWOP sentence. In addition, racial disparities in sentencing can result from theoretically “race neutral” sentencing policies that have significant disparate racial effects, particularly in the cases of habitual offender laws and many drug policies, including mandatory minimums, school zone drug enhancements, and federal policies adopted by Congress in 1986 and 1996 that at the time established a 100-toone sentencing disparity between crack and powder cocaine offenses.12

More black racist statistics. As Mark Twain said, you have three kinds of lies. You got lies, you got damn lies, and you got statistics.

Where did you copy this from?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight

Want some stats?

See American Renaissance web site on the color of crime. www.amren.com/the-color-of-crime

As OJ goes free black racism disrespects the flag, the anthem, and the nation. How fitting.

Boycott the NFL. It has become a tool for black racism.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even though the black community is well aware of the racial disparities in sentencing, blacks continue to commit crimes.

Why is that?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There hasn't been slavery in this country for over 150 years. You were never a slave. Your parents and grandparents were never slaves either.
And Joseph was never a slave while living in his father home in Canaanland, but he was thrown in a pit and sold to strangers by his own brothers. When he really was a "physical" slave, God brought him out of it to become first in power in Egypt after Pharaoh... but this was only after spending 13 years without any justifiable cause as men see it.

I've never been on the black man's shoes but I have witnessed most of my life the second class citizenship which has frequently been theirs to live. White people [sometimes including me] who have witnessed it have often walked away from it or ignored it or stood silently while it happened.

Better than slavery? If it is, it is still considerably worse than what I believer most white people would expect or tolerate if they had a choice. I won't clutter these posts with the terrible things I have witnessed over the years against these second class citizens, but I could cite many that I have seen over the years in California and other states where neither slavery not segregation were not officially practiced.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Joseph was never a slave while living in his father home in Canaanland, but he was thrown in a pit and sold to strangers by his own brothers. When he really was a "physical" slave, God brought him out of it to become first in power in Egypt after Pharaoh...

So what's your point?

Shouldn't they have risen to power by now? It's been over 150 years.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never been on the black man's shoes but I have witnessed most of my life the second class citizenship which has frequently been theirs to live. White people [sometimes including me] who have witnessed it have often walked away from it or ignored it or stood silently while it happened.

Their "second class citizenship" is one of their own making. No one is forcing them to live the way they do.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better than slavery? If it is, it is still considerably worse than what I believer most white people would expect or tolerate if they had a choice. I won't clutter these posts with the terrible things I have witnessed over the years against these second class citizens, but I could cite many that I have seen over the years in California and other states where neither slavery not segregation were not officially practiced.

And there it is. "If they had a choice."

Well they do have a choice but a vast majority choose not to leave that lifestyle.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what's your point?

Shouldn't they have risen to power by now? It's been over 150 years.
Perhaps like Jesus they simply were not acknowledged for what they were?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their "second class citizenship" is one of their own making. No one is forcing them to live the way they do.
Have you been in their shoes? How much control does anyone have to be what they want to be when opposed by the powers that be or by the majority?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there it is. "If they had a choice."

Well they do have a choice but a vast majority choose not to leave that lifestyle.
That is a very strong statement. Where did you get such definite knowledge on the subject?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you been in their shoes? How much control does anyone have to be what they want to be when opposed by the powers that be or by the majority?

Not the shoes of a black man, but I'm an American Indian and faced much of the same prejudices that the blacks do.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm a Southern white man. We have had our people destroyed by the Fed. govt. for years starting before the War between the States. They then sought our total annihilation during the war. They practiced on us long before they went after the Indians. We would have been destroyed during the Reconstruction period had we not won that war. Have you ever heard of that?

They continue with our total destruction by destroying our flag, the Confederate flag, and our monuments. They are taking them away as we speak. And you act like the 'black man' is the only one who ever felt oppression. Please. The black man today is the one oppressing.

And, you who are silent, as the black man takes away the Confederate flags and symbols, go ahead and be silent when he takes away the U.S. flag. Because that is the one he has disrespected now. That is the one he now is after.

I see on the internet news that instead of kneeling black players are standing and raising their fists. Just as I said. It is all about black power. Black racisim. And they use the NFL as their avenue to do it. And yet people still watch the NFL. Nauseating.

Stranger

Reactions: Job

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the shoes of a black man, but I'm an American Indian and faced much of the same prejudices that the blacks do.
I do hear you my friend, but Jesus really has a solution for everyone who comes to him. That you should also know...
Does anyone think that there is another solution?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watch this video. You may learn something.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a Southern white man. We have had our people destroyed by the Fed. govt. for years starting before the War between the States. They then sought our total annihilation during the war. They practiced on us long before they went after the Indians. We would have been destroyed during the Reconstruction period had we not won that war. Have you ever heard of that?

So then because the government went the wrong way that time as well as many times before and many times since the correct way now is to fight against that government? And who is we are to fight for? The South was and is also made up of people. How about fighting for God instead of any of them?

I don't disagree completely with regard to the wrongful ways of our government, but government is wrong because people are wrong. This is where all people in their flesh will lose and pursuing this too hard will be an effort to remove God from the equation, which of course is really impossible. We are either with Him or against Him.

They continue with our total destruction by destroying our flag, the Confederate flag, and our monuments. They are taking them away as we speak. And you act like the 'black man' is the only one who ever felt oppression. Please. The black man today is the one oppressing.

The oppressors are those who work for a solution in and by man instead of in God. Race for many is simply one of the many excuses men use to forge ahead in their own way without consulting God. For you the excuse is hoping to somehow regain what the South lost. Neither of those causes are where our only real hope lies.

"For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love." Gal 5:5-6

We could insert the words, north or south or east or west, red or white or black or brown or yellow in place of or along with "circumcision... no uncircumcision" as those availing nothing at all. Our only real Hope is in Jesus. What side are we on?

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Matt 6:24

And, you who are silent, as the black man takes away the Confederate flags and symbols, go ahead and be silent when he takes away the U.S. flag. Because that is the one he has disrespected now. That is the one he now is after.

I am not silent. But, who is hearing my voice? Who is hearing God's voice? Hopefully with God's help I will always remain on His side...

"Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD'S side? let him come unto me." Exodus 32:26

This nation is already tearing itself apart. Nothing can stop but a real repentance as per II Chron 7:14. You and the blacks and others will fight vocally and perhaps also physically over matters of the flesh and that simply adds to self-destruction that is already underway. Everyone has lost much, they are working at destroying that which remains.

I see on the internet news that instead of kneeling black players are standing and raising their fists. Just as I said. It is all about black power. Black racisim. And they use the NFL as their avenue to do it. And yet people still watch the NFL. Nauseating.

If it were really only an NFL problem it would not be a good thing, but we all know it is much more than that. The problem began in the Garden of Eden with man choosing his own way rather than God's. God provided a solution for men by sending His Son and the Holy Ghost, but it seems to me that most men including many who confess Jesus with their mouths continues to fight with scarcely glance in God's direction or without even considering the solution with He has already provided.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really amazes me and saddens me that people do not recognize white privilege or that people of color are treated differently in this country - it is outrageous. Interracial marriage was still seen as shocking in the middle of the 80s! Some people just dont get it.....

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really amazes me and saddens me that people do not recognize white privilege or that people of color are treated differently in this country - it is outrageous. Interracial marriage was still seen as shocking in the middle of the 80s! Some people just dont get it.....

What exactly is white privilege?