BREAKING OF BREAD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi MM,

A book I am reading now is The Earliest History of the Christian Gathering by Valeriy A. Alikin

Have you read that one? Very well researched.

No, but I have read books in a similar vein. Currently, I am reading A New Testament Blueprint for the Church; Breaking the Jewish Code; Jewish life and Custom in the time of Jesus

Everyone I read is very well researched. If it wasn't I would not bother to read it.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you show me how they ate his flesh and drank his blood bearing in mind that they were forbidden to do so?

Hello marksman,

Why would you think they were forbidden to do so? That contradicts John 6, where Jesus is emphatic that we must do so.

Peace be with you!

Reactions: Marymog

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is wonderful, and JESUS TELLS THE TRUTH! He NEVER violates TORAH. EVER, NO, not ever.

Those who do not love Jesus, follow false teachings instead.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is wonderful, and JESUS TELLS THE TRUTH! He NEVER violates TORAH. EVER, NO, not ever.

Those who do not love Jesus, follow false teachings instead.
Hi Joseph,

How do YOU personally fulfill John 6:53?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello marksman,

Why would you think they were forbidden to do so? That contradicts John 6, where Jesus is emphatic that we must do so.

Peace be with you!
Jesus said to 'do this' and he proceeded to show them what to do. He did not eat his own flesh, or drink his own blood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan B and Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to 'do this' and he proseded to show them what to do. He did not eat his own flesh, or drink his own blood.
GOOD!

IN SPIRIT JESUS DID..... Jesus said MY FOOD , my food, IS TO DO (to do) the WILL OF THE FATHER....

and concerning remembering Him, "MY WORDS ARE SPIRIT " (not 'flesh' nor 'blood'), and they are LIFE....

not death like those who try to pretend to ..... other things.... (from rome nor anywhere else) ....

Reactions: amadeus

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said to 'do this' and he proceeded to show them what to do. He did not eat his own flesh, or drink his own blood.

Hello Cooper,

I dont think scripture says whether Jesus ate and drank the Eucharist, but He certainly told the apostles to eat and drink.
This, of course answers the sceptics question

"How can this man give us (his) flesh to eat?"

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Marymog and Cooper

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Cooper,

I dont think scripture says whether Jesus ate and drank the Eucharist, but He certainly told the apostles to eat and drink.
This, of course answers the sceptics question

"How can this man give us (his) flesh to eat?"

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!
The connection to Jesus is through our heart, soul and mind.

People leave flowers on a grave in remembrance of a loved one, with the message, forever in our thoughts, and that is how we should be with Jesus, forever in our thoughts. Jesus said he will never leave us or forsake us. His love is never ending. May God bless us all. Amen.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello marksman,

Peace be with you!
Oh dear. I guess we have suffer fools gladly so let's try again.

According to you, Jesus was a complete idiot. So tell me, why would he tell Jews to do something that they are forbidden to do? Because of the nature of the way Jews taught their precepts EVERY JEW knows that you do not eat human flesh or drink human blood.

So what you are saying is that Jesus told them to forget everything they have been taught. Go right ahead and eat my flesh and drink my blood. If you believe that you have got a screw loose.

Reactions: Joseph77

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In John 6, Jesus was speaking figuratively. Bread gives physical life while Jesus who is the bread of life, gives eternal life to those who partake of his heavenly gift which is not of this world, so cannot be eaten physically, but can be believed in and accepted into our heart and life.

Last edited:
Reactions: marksman

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because of the nature of the way Jews taught their precepts EVERY JEW knows that you do not eat human flesh or drink human blood.

Hello marksman,

Which is exactly why so many of His disciples grumbled and said 'this is a hard teaching who can accept it'

It is also why this is a true test of his followers faith in Who He Is...

Do you know why they were forbidden to drink blood?

Peace be with you!

Reactions: amadeus and Marymog

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello marksman,

Which is exactly why so many of His disciples grumbled and said 'this is a hard teaching who can accept it'

It is also why this is a true test of his followers faith in Who He Is...

Do you know why they were forbidden to drink blood?

Peace be with you!
It was part of the kosher rules that were imposed as part of the ordinances they had to obey.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was part of the kosher rules that were imposed as part of the ordinances they had to obey.

Indeed, but why?

Because the life is in the blood. Therefore it's sacred. All life comes from God and belongs to God.

Now God, of course, can take what belongs to Him and share it with whomever He wills in whatever manner He wills...

He does not give us the blood of beasts to drink, because it is not good for a man to receive the life of a beast..
But the life of Christ? It is eternal life itself!

So then, if the Lord of life says 'this is My blood, take and drink', shall we not believe Him? Shall we refuse the gift of God?

Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

May the love of God, and the peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ fill you always!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed, but why?

Because the life is in the blood. Therefore it's sacred. All life comes from God and belongs to God.

Now God, of course, can take what belongs to Him and share it with whomever He wills in whatever manner He wills...

He does not give us the blood of beasts to drink, because it is not good for a man to receive the life of a beast..
But the life of Christ? It is eternal life itself!

So then, if the Lord of life says 'this is My blood, take and drink', shall we not believe Him? Shall we refuse the gift of God?

Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

May the love of God, and the peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ fill you always!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

OK, let's look at this rationally. Jesus said to eat his flesh and drink his blood. Tell me then how do you eat his flesh and drink his blood?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, let's look at this rationally. Jesus said to eat his flesh and drink his blood. Tell me then how do you eat his flesh and drink his blood?

Hello marksman,

By all means, yes, let us be rational.

By partaking of that which He gives us:

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and giving it to his disciples said, "Take and eat; this is my body."

Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you,

for this is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello marksman,

By all means, yes, let us be rational.

By partaking of that which He gives us:

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and giving it to his disciples said, "Take and eat; this is my body."

Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you,

for this is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
Thank you Phillip. Perhaps you can answer my question now. The answer you gave told me how you eat a bit of bread and drink a sip of wine but it did not tell me how you eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you Phillip. Perhaps you can answer my question now. The answer you gave told me how you eat a bit of bread and drink a sip of wine but it did not tell me how you eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Hello marksman,

Did it not?

If the Creator of the universe says to me 'this is my body', 'this is my blood' who am I to dispute it?

Along with St. Paul i have to ask:

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

It is demonstrable that this has been the faith of the Church for 2000 years.
You will not find an apostolic community that does not profess that the Eucharist is truly the body and blood of Christ.

If Jesus' words, and the witness of the Churches are not enough to convince you, i don't know what else to offer.

Please pray for me, as I will for you...

Peace be with you!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what you are saying is that Jesus told them to forget everything they have been taught. Go right ahead and eat my flesh and drink my blood. If you believe that you have got a screw loose.
Hi marksman,

I find your statement FASCINATING. :rolleyes:

Anyone that accepts and practices what Jesus told us MULTIPLE times, in the bread of life discourse, to do (eat my flesh and drink my blood) and then he later SHOWED us how to do it (@ Last Supper) has "a screw loose"?

He TOLD you to do it and then he SHOWED you how to do it. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM????

Wouldn't the person DENYING to do what Jesus told them to do have "a screw loos"? o_O