BREAKING OF BREAD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi marksman,

I find your statement FASCINATING. :rolleyes:

Anyone that accepts and practices what Jesus told us MULTIPLE times, in the bread of life discourse, to do (eat my flesh and drink my blood) and then he later SHOWED us how to do it (@ Last Supper) has "a screw loose"?

He TOLD you to do it and then he SHOWED you how to do it. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM????

Wouldn't the person DENYING to do what Jesus told them to do have "a screw loos"? o_O

Another one avoiding answering my question. Mind you I know why they don't is because they can't. NO ONE has eaten the flesh off Jesus' body and NO ONE had drunk his blood. And it is a screw loose, not loos. A loo is a toilet.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello marksman,

Did it not?

If the Creator of the universe says to me 'this is my body', 'this is my blood' who am I to dispute it?

Along with St. Paul i have to ask:

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

It is demonstrable that this has been the faith of the Church for 2000 years.
You will not find an apostolic community that does not profess that the Eucharist is truly the body and blood of Christ.

If Jesus' words, and the witness of the Churches are not enough to convince you, i don't know what else to offer.

Please pray for me, as I will for you...

Peace be with you!

So let me see if I have got this right. The sip of wine and piece of bread is wine and bread but your imagination lets you believe it is not wine and bread but the actual blood of Jesus and actual flesh of Jesus.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So let me see if I have got this right. The sip of wine and piece of bread is wine and bread but your imagination lets you believe it is not wine and bread but the actual blood of Jesus and actual flesh of Jesus.

:(

I am sorry that you find putting your faith in Jesus' words 'imagination'

Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave?"

Simon Peter answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Peace be with you!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
:(

I am sorry that you find putting your faith in Jesus' words 'imagination'

Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave?"

Simon Peter answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Peace be with you!

A sarcastic and supercilious comment. Your the one that puts faith in them meaning what they do not, not me.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another one avoiding answering my question. Mind you I know why they don't is because they can't. NO ONE has eaten the flesh off Jesus' body and NO ONE had drunk his blood. And it is a screw loose, not loos. A loo is a toilet.
NO ONE except the Apostles at the Last Supper

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we are to believe you, Christians were simply continuing the annual observance of Passover, and in the meantime simply having *communal meals* without the Lord's Supper. THIS IS PATENTLY FALSE and both the New Testament and the witness of Christians about 100 years later will prove that.

Enoch, I watched an absolutely wonderful movie yesterday. It is LONG, but a great source of historical information on the church and the challenge of translating the Bible into the English language. It's not a pleasant story, but contains information we should all know. It's available free to watch on Youtube. From my intensive studies on that subject, this film matches up with everything I have learned, and adds a lot of gruesome history that I didn't know:

"A Lamp in the Dark: The Untold History of the Bible (2009)"

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is debatable. In Acts it makes it very clear that they were still Jews as they gathered in the temple regularly. Human blood and flesh were not included in unclean foods as that was a general prohibition for all Jews.

What 1 Corinthians makes very clear is that it was a feast.

I recall reading in the very Early Church Fathers that it was commonplace in those early days for people to incorporate bread and wine in their evening meals, in remembrance of the sacrifice of their Lord.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to your opinion but I am not interested in opinions.
Dear Sir,

It is not my opinion that you are wrong. Scripture clearly states that your are wrong. Jesus held up the bread/wine and said to the Apostles "This IS my body/blood....". He did not say it is a symbol, represents or lets pretend it's my body/blood. Your argument is NOT with me...it is with Him. I do not believe he lied to the Apostles. You do...thank you for your time.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear Sir,

It is not my opinion that you are wrong. Scripture clearly states that your are wrong. Jesus held up the bread/wine and said to the Apostles "This IS my body/blood....". He did not say it is a symbol, represents or lets pretend it's my body/blood. Your argument is NOT with me...it is with Him. I do not believe he lied to the Apostles. You do...thank you for your time.

When you use common sense the scripture does not mean what you think it means.

If it was his body and blood, not a symbol, where did he cut the piece of his body from? Where did he cut his body to get the blood out of it? No mention of this happening at all and without such events, he could not be holding up his flesh and his blood.

What it did say was he took bread which in all probability was cooked that day and he took the fourth cup of wine which had been sitting on the table all the time they were there. And do you know what, they would have seen him pick up the bread and the cup of wine so ergo, none of his body or his blood was offered to those present? Just plain old unleavened bread and plain old alcoholic wine from a CUP.

But then I do realise that common sense is not very common today.

Reactions: Stan B

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When you use common sense the scripture does not mean what you think it means.

Dear marksman,

Are you going to listen to 'common sense', or are you going to listen to the Lord?

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

If it was his body and blood, not a symbol, where did he cut the piece of his body from? Where did he cut his body to get the blood out of it?

No no no.. We dont receive bits of Jesus, we receive the Living Christ whole and entire.. The two made one flesh... The conjugal union of the Groom and His bride..

And the fruit of that union?

After this I had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands.

Peace be with you!

Hosana to our King!
Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Marymog

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A funny thing happened to me on the way to the cathedral. Before I saw the light, I must have partaken in communion thousands of times in all sorts of churches including catholic and to this day I cannot ever remember eating the flesh of Jesus or drinking his blood.

But there is one thing that I do remember that in the absence of Jesus' actual body and blood I ate a bit of bread or biscuit and drank some wine from a mug/cup.

And I do remember asking a senior catholic what the blood of Jesus tasted like and he said wine. ergo.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear marksman,

Are you going to listen to 'common sense', or are you going to listen to the Lord?

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

No no no.. We dont receive bits of Jesus, we receive the Living Christ whole and entire.. The two made one flesh... The conjugal union of the Groom and His bride..

And the fruit of that union?

After this I had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands.

Peace be with you!Hosana to our King!Christ IS risen!Alleluia!

If you eat all of Jesus tell me how do say 50 people in the room all eat the whole of Jesus, other than symbolically?

You go believe your fairy tales and I will stick with reality and common sense.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But there is one thing that I do remember that in the absence of Jesus' actual body and blood I ate a bit of bread or biscuit and drank some wine from a mug/cup.

Dear marksman,

Are you going to listen to your flesh, or are you going to listen to the Lord?

"Take and eat; this is my body."

Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you,

for this is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins.

Peace!