Burial vs. Cremation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wondering what you think on the topic of Burial vs. Cremation. To the best of my knowledge no righteous figures in the Bible were ever cremated (with the sole exception of King Saul after his body was defiled by the Philistines).

I know that, mostly for financial reasons, many these days are choosing to have their remains cremated but what say you?

It is surely not a problem which would in any way inhibit the Almighty at our resurrection on the last day but as someone who seeks to follow biblical principles & precedence I'm am planning to have my mortal body buried.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
I'm not for burial. Land should be used for the living. But its not an issue as the body is only for this world.

I would much prefer seeing the body used to fertilise a tree or the Ashes used to make pencils or man made gems as family heirlooms.

Put it to good use.
I'm not for burial. Land should be used for the living. But its not an issue as the body is only for this world.

I would much prefer seeing the body used to fertilise a tree or the Ashes used to make pencils or man made gems as family heirlooms.

Put it to good use.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Other than fictional tales of Soylent Green, I've heard of no enterprise that recycles human remains. Yes, I know that there are some jewelry that is fashioned for relics and such but it's only a small fraction of the remains.

Your point of the land being reserved for the living is well taken, Pom2014. However, living here in Nevada there is no shortage of open land and more importantly I believe there is much benefit in obeying the precedents outlined in the Holy Bible.

I'll pose the question again: Can you cite even ONE EXAMPLE of a righteous man who was cremated in either the Old or New Testament?

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
You can find all sorts of places on the net talking of the disposal of the dead in more than just burial. And the things that can be done afterwards.

And there's nothing from the King stating the body is required to be intact for the resurrection.

So once again any ritual concerning men is up to men. Burial, cremation, freeze drying, giving to medical science, etc is not really important but to men.

There has been trillions of lives lost over all the years of the world, many are now dust only. If we can made from dust we can be retrieved even in dust.