Calling all Law Keepers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why did Jesus choose Judas? Did not God know what Judas was and what he would do? Yes, He most certainly did and what does that say to us? Let us pray that God has not chosen us because we are to be devils in the manner of Judas.
ha well amen to that lol. Pray that you have the strength to give Judas the purse, too, well knowing the outcome of that. This is a hard lesson to learn imo. See that if you wanna be a heroin addict, God does not prevent you; He supplies the heroin and even the needle, in a sense.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes

ya, great start to overcoming. Likely all other examples reduce to these, i guess.

of course "pride of life" is really tough, we instill pride in people, or at least that is called "pride" now, intrinsic to our model of "success" or "achievement," which definitions are of course manipulated for a believer
What I have heard about happening in others and I seen some similarity in myself, is the first two have been apparently almost [?] put down to nothing, and then because they or I have been elevated so high by God that they/I let their/my head swell up as if they/I had done it themselves/myself. Then in their/my pride the other two which I thought were gone suddenly come back into view to tempt once again.

It's like obeying the "law". If you miss in one point, you have effectively missed the boat. The difference really is or the similarity is... that God is always looking at our hearts. If our heart is pointed in the right direction at the time we draw our last breath of oxygen, would He not say that we are overcomers as Jesus was an overcomer? This is the key, the enduring to the end with Him. When we fail while on the highway of holiness if our heart has to that point been mostly directed rightly, God will not mercilessly take us without allowing us the opportunity for that last repentance, that last overcoming.

Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scott,
My original question to you was why Jesus spoke in parables.
You have not given an answer and instead quoted the parable of the wheat and the tares. Which has NOTHING to do with why Jesus spoke in parables.

So now your point is that God does not want everyone to understand Him, OR that the tares can't understand him.

You've confused the issue because you never answered the original question.

Plus, you're obsessed with this idea of language being confounded by God. Is not language made so that we could understand each other?
Why would God NOT want us to understand each other?

You accept everything in the Old Testament so literally?
Everything in Leviticus and Deuteronomy?
Or only what makes sense to you?
I have answered your question(s) and have also explained multiple times. But you do not hear, and now you reject what I have said, even lashing out, while still having questions. Obviously, you are not ready to listen.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have answered your question(s) and have also explained multiple times. But you do not hear, and now you reject what I have said, even lashing out, while still having questions. Obviously, you are not ready to listen.
I have no questions.
I don't like what I heard.
Telling you there was no reply is not lashing out.
You never did answer why Jesus spoke in parables.
I know why,,,just wondering if you knew to continue the conversation.
No problem.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked if I think it's necessary to follow the law.
If you read my posts, you'd know the answer.
We do get to know each other's beliefs.

So why doesn't it make sense to follow the law?
If I know Jesus , I follow it more, not less.

Right?
Is your emphasis is on following the Law, or is it on having a right relation with Jesus?
And no, they are not the same.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Is your emphasis is on following the Law, or is it on having a right relation with Jesus?
Of course they're not the same.
I know the difference.
My emphasis is having a good relationship with Jesus.
But I still can't steal that ring that was left right in front of my at Notini the other day.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You see, when you speak like this it sounds like if I just have a good relationship with our Lord, then I could not pay any attention to the law.

If you could explain that away, I'm willing to listen.
(not like I haven't heard it all)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@Rollo Tamasi

When we talk about following the law, we SHOULD BE speaking about how persons are trying to achieve salvation.

We can't work our way to salvation, or follow the law to salvation.
We have to do that the way God planned...Jesus. From the beginning of time.

But we have here persons who know the Lord and are ALREADY saved..
so the question becomes:
Is it necessary to obey God?

Of course it is!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course they're not the same.
I know the difference.
My emphasis is having a good relationship with Jesus.
But I still can't steal that ring that was left right in front of my at Notini the other day.
Sure you can
All you have to do is feel remorse and bring a sin offering to the local Levite
You do know what a sin offering is, don't you?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see, when you speak like this it sounds like if I just have a good relationship with our Lord, then I could not pay any attention to the law.

If you could explain that away, I'm willing to listen.
(not like I haven't heard it all)
If your relationship with Jesus is not lacking, then everything else falls into place
Have you heard that one before too?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rollo Tamasi

When we talk about following the law, we SHOULD BE speaking about how persons are trying to achieve salvation.

We can't work our way to salvation, or follow the law to salvation.
We have to do that the way God planned...Jesus. From the beginning of time.

But we have here persons who know the Lord and are ALREADY saved..
so the question becomes:
Is it necessary to obey God?

Of course it is!
Why would a true born again believer say otherwise?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I just understand things better.
Maybe I need to teach you better.
Maybe you need to get some of that catholicism out of your blood.